1 hour ago, piggypotpie said:

Does anyone know where I can easily locate the list of ALiVE class names? I can't seem to find them

README file. I'm an idiot. disregard

• Like 3

Hey guys, quick question. I don't pretend to be a gear expert by any stretch of the imagination.

So, for the OPFOR Middle East Militia, are they in any way equipped to have any sort of possibility (even remotely) of taking down or attacking an A10 CAS plane? 

I just added one to my insurgency missions (because limited planes support is cool), but it just occurred to me, was doing that essentially me cheating?

If they do have some assets that can they'll at least attempt to shoot a plane out of the sky with, would one of you guys mind telling me the exact weapon(s) they'd need access to?

Would their AA static weapons or RPG's, for example, be enough?

RPG against a fixed-wing aircraft in Arma 3 is... optimistic, to put it lightly. Emplaced ZU-23s or the like would have a better chance, and anyone with an Igla or Strela could get lucky.

I imagine such units are available in said faction, given the Strela, especially, is widely available to forces like that. MANPADS are pretty much the only hope such forces have against fixed-wing aircraft anyways.

• Like 1

Hi,

Firstly, thank you bringing us this mod. Secondly, we are using this mod for my clan, and with all other addons, the Virtual Arsenal take a lot of time to load. Is it possible to make it lighter ? So many PO objects inside

After the 1.68 update the Lee Enfield rifles seem to have disappeared from the Virtual Arsenal.

It is probably because your rifle is inheriting the baseWeapon parameter from another weapon now that BIS added them to weapons that were missing them before.

Need to change the baseWeapon parameter in your weapon class so the game doesn't think it's just some sub-variant of whatever weapon you are inheriting from, or only inherit from a proper base class like Rifle_Base_F that has no previous baseWeapon defined.

• Like 1

Getting a script error w/ the 64bit update and alive. 

18:20:32 Error in expression <re")) then {
if (["ALiVE_require"] call ALiVE_fnc_isModuleAvailable) then {

wai>
18:20:32 Error position: <ALiVE_fnc_isModuleAvailable) then {

wai>
18:20:32 Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_fnc_ismoduleavailable
18:20:32 File po_factions_me\staticData.sqf, line 3

does any know ALIVE class names for middle east militia (opfor) and middle east civilians 

1 hour ago, kilo-bravo said:

does any know ALIVE class names for middle east militia (opfor) and middle east civilians 

Just place the units you want to know the class names/faction of in the editor, right click on it and go to log and you'll be able to log the individual classname of the unit, or the faction (for ALiVE) to your clipboard.

The just paste it into the ALIVE module and remove any brackets or quotes.

2 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

For future reference, what JD_Wang said is correct. Right click on unit and select view config entry, and then scroll down to faction.

ME OPF: LOP_AM_OPF

ME Civs: LOP_TAK_Civ

Or place on the map unit of your faction of choice, then enter this into it's init:

copyToClipboard str faction this;

Just hold your mouse on a unit and unit's classname will pop-up, faction names are included in their classnames.

e.g :

LOP_AFR_OPF_Infantry_GL

I'm getting a similar/same error as afevis when trying to use ALiVE + Project OPFOR on 64 bit.

Any ETA on 64 bit support? Or if rebuilding extensions for a mod like this is even necessary?

44 minutes ago, narrowsoul said:

I'm getting a similar/same error as afevis when trying to use ALiVE + Project OPFOR on 64 bit.

Any ETA on 64 bit support? Or if rebuilding extensions for a mod like this is even necessary?

The error is not related to 64-bit. Project OPFOR appears to be making a check to see if ALiVE is running, using an ALiVE function, and from what I understand, causes this error when the check can't find ALiVE modules.

It's not as clear cut as that, but Spyderblack723 wrote out some code for Keeway to reference which will help with this error. I've passed that along to Keeway.

Has anyone experienced a no entry error regarding the SVDS, that stops a mission from loading? It seems to pop up every time a mission is played on the server that has Project Opfor units placed in the editor.

Hmm has anyone had an issue with IND and OPFOR Afghan Militia spawning with vanilla INDEP gear like vests and NVGs?

Now that you mention it I did have some spawning with NVG's over the weekend while I was testing my latest ALiVE mission.

Added it to the "check why that's happening later" list and just never got around to it. 

Strange because I haven't had that issue previously 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

Hmm has anyone had an issue with IND and OPFOR Afghan Militia spawning with vanilla INDEP gear like vests and NVGs?

Yup, been seeing that randomly for about 6 months now in some of my missions.

Using v.0.2.3 on a dedicated server with the old Aliabad Region map, I've noticed that OPFOR Islamic State units placed in the editor spawn with all gear, but no uniforms. Interestingly, if you then place the same units as Zeus, they have normal gear and uniforms. What's strange is that this didn't happen on the last map we used, Hazar Kot, which had the same setup. Any idea what might be happening?

4 hours ago, diehardfc said:

Using v.0.2.3 on a dedicated server with the old Aliabad Region map, I've noticed that OPFOR Islamic State units placed in the editor spawn with all gear, but no uniforms. Interestingly, if you then place the same units as Zeus, they have normal gear and uniforms. What's strange is that this didn't happen on the last map we used, Hazar Kot, which had the same setup. Any idea what might be happening?

Been noting a similar problem in our unit

We are currently working on Altis and the uniforms seem to be disappearing from Islamic State enemies (Although all our enemies are spawned in Zeus)

Our current working theory is that it has something to do with Headless Client, but if you are experiencing issues then it might be mod related

46 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Been noting a similar problem in our unit

We are currently working on Altis and the uniforms seem to be disappearing from Islamic State enemies (Although all our enemies are spawned in Zeus)

Our current working theory is that it has something to do with Headless Client, but if you are experiencing issues then it might be mod related

We do use headless clients, but the missing uniforms seem to occur before handoff to the HC and to units that are exempted from HC transfer.

10 hours ago, diehardfc said:

We do use headless clients, but the missing uniforms seem to occur before handoff to the HC and to units that are exempted from HC transfer.

Roger, atleast it means we have been able to rule that out!

Thanks very much