@keeway

May I suggest something for Project OPFOR?

Perhaps update RACS faction to a bit modern standard with US M1A1HC or M1A1SA from RHS and give them also our M2A2 as IFV. Also Russian vehicles as captured T-72B obr.1984/1985 and BMP-1/BMP-2.

In general for all factions more vehicles added from RHS would be a welcome thing.

We might discuss later if you wish how this could look like.

Would love to see some more of the newer RHS vehicles in the factions however sadly their hasnt been an update in over a year so I suspect we wont see another...... </3

3 hours ago, painlesshadow said:

Would love to see some more RHS vehicles in the factions however sadly their hasnt been an update in over a year so I suspect we wont see another...... </3

And you saying this accomplishes what exactly. That's right NOTHING......

• Haha 1

Same with your comment...

But to expand on what I said before I fell asleep. l Id like to see an Israel, Hezbollah and Donetsk People's Republic faction, aswell as adding a some of the newer RHS vehicles and static weapons to the existing factions... Also itd be cool to see a South American faction like Argentine Army or something. 

9 hours ago, painlesshadow said:

Same with your comment...

But to expand on what I said before I fell asleep. l Id like to see an Israel, Hezbollah and Donetsk People's Republic faction, aswell as adding a some of the newer RHS vehicles and static weapons to the existing factions... Also itd be cool to see a South American faction like Argentine Army or something. 

Argentina would be a poor choice as an OPFOR because with the end of the dictatorship in 1983, they have continuously improved their relations with the US, the UK and most other nations. They are also very active in peace keeping operations and were the only Latin American country to participate in the first Gulf War. In 1998 the US even designated them as a major non-NATO ally. As far as hostile governments are concerned (toward the US anyway), that really only leaves Cuba and Venezuela. I too would like to see some Latin American OPFOR units and those could come from either of the two above mentioned nations or one of the many terrorist groups active in the region. For pre-2017 operations, Columbia's FARC would be a good choice as well as the NLA for current operations. Peru's Shining Path would also be a good choice. There are even Middle Eastern terrorist groups (yes, jihadists!) active in Brazil and other countries in the region. Even a fictional group of terrorists, perhaps with Cuban and/or Venezuelan advisors could work well. Then there are the narco-terrorists of the drug cartels to consider. They seem to be growing ever larger and more violent by the day. I wouldn't mind hunting some of those bastards.

• Like 2

Hello, precisely from the Cubans wanted to talk. I have created a mod using the RHSAFRF models with several models of Cuban army uniforms and troops, from regular troops, internationalists, to special forces "Black Wasps". I would like to provide all this content to Proyect OPFOR to include it and, if possible, to improve it (since I am not a professional texturizer) I hope response.

What camo does SLA use? I can't find it anywhere .... 😞

57 minutes ago, wendaf said:

What camo does SLA use?

Tri-Color Desert Camouflage

81h6iaNd78L._UX569_.jpg

That is RACS, not SLA 🙂

The thing is, RACS uses the six color desert camo (chocolate chip), not the tri color. I'm no expert but the two look completely different. 😉

Spoilers to avoid cluttering the thread with large images:

racs.jpg

dan_de10.jpg

51J0IOToj9L.jpg

As for the SLA, I think they use a fictional camo, it's quite difficult to find a close match in reality. The closest thing I can think of is some kind of modified Vz. 95 (probably mixed with something else). @wendaf

502194.png

MNS1.jpg

wsla2.jpg

4-rel_sla_wood_1.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, red_spring said:

RACS uses the six color desert camo (chocolate chip), not the tri color.

Might be that you are not talking about the certain mod ?

Maybe about Cup or Sla ?

Spoiler

ptkNvxb.jpg

3 hours ago, red_spring said:

Hide contents

wsla2.jpg

The SLA know how to party.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

ok now i get it !

I messed up with the previous mod ?!

Yeah, I didn't mean that there's no tri color, but simply that RACS doesn't use it. There are plenty of factions (Iraqis for example) using it in Project Opfor as it is still a widly used camo. That probably was a misunderstanding, because wendaf asked about SLA, you said something about tri color and he said "that's RACS", which is why I corrected you. 😅

P.S. You probably already know, but SLA and RACS are two armies from ArmA Armed Assault, a pretty old installment of the series.

8 hours ago, AZCoder said:

The SLA know how to party.

Hell yeah, that screenshot always cracks me up. 😂

• Like 2

the camo in this mod for SLA doesn't look like vz95. I use vz85 modified for "modern SLA" (2017 sort of)

20190322232555_1.jpg?width=1202&height=6

I also have RACS 🙂

RACS.png?width=1202&height=677

20190324122055_1.jpg?width=1202&height=6

Currently adding more features to my Project Opfor and adding new factions to suit the need of our group. Also trying to match 3CB Factions, but that's impossible 🙂

• Like 4

Well, as I said it's a fictional camo, I don't think you'll find something that is almost the same. It's probably a mix of Vz. camos and something else, I'm afraid you'll have to improvise. Are you adding this stuff to Project Opfor or is it some kind of addon that expands it? I don't understand. 😅

expanding PO / remaking it 🙂

4 minutes ago, wendaf said:

expanding PO / remaking it 🙂

Intresting, if you're open to suggestions I'd say that a M81 or an ERDL pattern would look cool for woodland RACS (2002). 😉

6 minutes ago, red_spring said:

Intresting, if you're open to suggestions I'd say that a M81 or an ERDL pattern would look cool for woodland RACS (2002). 😉

I'd say M81.

ERDL is more "unique" (anything is compared to M81) but looks too much like the SLA green camo.

They currently have "woodland" version of 6CD made by me, but M81 is much more likely to be their woodland camo. I might need to tweak it a bit, but should be allright. I'm happy that CADPAT suits Sahrani extremly well, so they'll keep that for 2017 version 🙂

10 minutes ago, wendaf said:

They currently have "woodland" version of 6CD made by me, but M81 is much more likely to be their woodland camo. I might need to tweak it a bit, but should be allright. I'm happy that CADPAT suits Sahrani extremly well, so they'll keep that for 2017 version 🙂

Yeah, it fits Sahrani well. But, why the CADPAT out of all camos you could have chosen? I'm genuinely curious! 🙂

I was just looking for similar MARPATs and didn't want to use the USMC woodland and found CADPAT gen 1. Tried it and it worked 🙂

5 hours ago, wendaf said:

Currently adding more features to my Project Opfor and adding new factions to suit the need of our group.

I'm a little unclear on this. Are you showing screenshots of a private version of OPFOR only for your group, or are these screenshots of content that will be available in an eventual public update of Project OPFOR?

If any of the authors reach out (or at least visit here 🙂) I would provide them with these textures/templates, however it will probably be released as separate mod with some PO things inside but some added on top. I can't update the mod on my own