I noticed the Middle Eastern Militia have started spawning with shemaghs. Could you change that please?

They really need to be hard to differentiate from the civilians and the red shemagh kind of sticks out and says shoot me. 

It's a compatibility patch for use with RDS Civilians, presumably since this one also adds civilians.

Does anyone else have a problem with some units randomly get nacked when spawned via Zeus? 

What happens is: I spawn a (e.g.) Fireteam of the Afghan Army and Police (also happens with Greenfor Middle Eastern Militia....other Faction are possibly affected by that as well) and all look nice. Now I go around, place some more and come back to one of the groups and one or two, sometimes three, units have no uniform and no weapon anymore. 

Would be happy about any comment.
Yes, we use some other mods... too many to list them here right now. And yes, it might be a conflict with one of these mods. I'm well aware of that but I still want to know if others have this problem as well.

6 hours ago, Moon_chilD said:

Does anyone else have a problem with some units randomly get nacked when spawned via Zeus? 

What happens is: I spawn a (e.g.) Fireteam of the Afghan Army and Police (also happens with Greenfor Middle Eastern Militia....other Faction are possibly affected by that as well) and all look nice. Now I go around, place some more and come back to one of the groups and one or two, sometimes three, units have no uniform and no weapon anymore. 

Would be happy about any comment.
Yes, we use some other mods... too many to list them here right now. And yes, it might be a conflict with one of these mods. I'm well aware of that but I still want to know if others have this problem as well.

Yes, had the problem happen the other night. Placed down some bad guys and then came back to them and they were naked. 

So I noticed that this only happens when you place them by using CTRL + Mouse Click (basically spawning multiple groups of a kind). 
I had very rarely other units get nacked but by far not as much as when I place them like described!

Is there any plans of using NIArms stuff?

I feel some factions would make a good use of their stuff, specially the Takistan armed forces I feel they would be better using FN FALs then AKMs. Maybe not have NIArms as a depedency but include individual weapons from the pack?

• Like 1

Sombody have the complet classname list of LOP_AM_OPF - Middle Eastern Militia (OPFOR)

Hello, it's possible to disable unit randomization?

On 13/5/2018 at 10:41 AM, Ulmann said:

Hello, it's possible to disable unit randomization?

I am experiencing the same thing??? Some factions are changing there unit layout when previewing my mission. I would like to be able to disable this feature, if anybody know how to?

Regards 

You can try this in your init.sqf:

{ _x setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false]; } forEach allUnits;

or this in the unit's init field:

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false];

No promises though! This used to work, but sometimes I'm not sure if it does anymore.

14 hours ago, AZCoder said:

You can try this in your init.sqf:

{ _x setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false]; } forEach allUnits;

or this in the unit's init field:

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false];

No promises though! This used to work, but sometimes I'm not sure if it does anymore.

Thank you, i will try that...

Has anyone else encountered an issue with LOP_ISTS_OPF and LOP_AM_OPF factions in ALiVE where any group with a vehicle spawns and the infantry immeadiately begin team-killing the vehicle crews?

It appears when I put any of the individual units down the in 3den, the vehicles have proper crew (XX_XX_OPF), but when I put down the same vehicle in a group it has LOP_AM or LOP_ISTS faction crew.
This causes a problem in the scenario I'm working on, where I want Blufor (NATO or RHS USAF) forces allied with Greenfor (LOP_RACS) fighting an insurgency of ISTS or Middle Eastern Militia on Opfor side.
Since Greenfor and Opfor are enemies, they as soon as ALiVE spawns them they begin executing the vehicle crews.

11 hours ago, senoj said:

Has anyone else encountered an issue with LOP_ISTS_OPF and LOP_AM_OPF factions in ALiVE where any group with a vehicle spawns and the infantry immeadiately begin team-killing the vehicle crews?

It appears when I put any of the individual units down the in 3den, the vehicles have proper crew (XX_XX_OPF), but when I put down the same vehicle in a group it has LOP_AM or LOP_ISTS faction crew.
This causes a problem in the scenario I'm working on, where I want Blufor (NATO or RHS USAF) forces allied with Greenfor (LOP_RACS) fighting an insurgency of ISTS or Middle Eastern Militia on Opfor side.
Since Greenfor and Opfor are enemies, they as soon as ALiVE spawns them they begin executing the vehicle crews.

I would check to make sure that the vehicle had the proper crew in it.  This sounds like perhaps one of the members of the vehicle are not on the same side as the rest so that is probably what is causing it.  Just a shot in the dark though as I haven't used this mod in a while but I'd bet it's something like that.  Hope that helps.

https://prnt.sc/jydsnu
I would much prefer not to have the 6b27m removed. A lot of the camo textures aren't done by anyone else. unless the ssh68's are going to have the same class name it could cause problems for some people.

3 minutes ago, Greensnack said:

Anyways it's hard to make a good case against removing them and I can't dictate what happens with the mod. I just hope to not see them removed instead of the opposite happening.

@keeway wanted to give you a  heads up that RHS announced their next GREF update is going to include the VHS-2 bullpup. It has seen a lot use with Iraqi SOF and it would be awesome if you could equip some of your Iraqi units with it. IS has also used captured models. Iraqisoldiersafp3.jpg

In my humble opinion I think you should go back to a more extensive use of the M16 by the Iraqi Army since the Regular Army seems to be more widely equipped with it and the PMU has AK variants. But that is ultimately your call. 

@bolo861 I cant confirm this issue on my machine

@JD Wang We are trying to do our best with everything but also we can simply miss something, feel free to report anything we can change. Also after the next update there will be much greater chance for Middle Eastern factions to spawn without shemags. 

Here's new code

headgearList[]= {
        "LOP_H_Pakol", 0.8,
        "LOP_H_Turban", 0.8,        
        "LOP_H_Turban_mask", 0.6,
        //SHEMAGI
        "LOP_H_Shemag_BLU", 0.4,
        "LOP_H_Shemag_GRE", 0.4,
        "LOP_H_Shemag_OLV", 0.4,
        "LOP_H_Shemag_RED1", 0.4,
        "LOP_H_Shemag_RED2", 0.4,
        "LOP_H_Shemag_TAN", 0.4,
        "", 0.8
    };

@ranger_24 Random uniform script is intentional and we will keep it that way. Also you can workaround it just by placing vanila AI and change its uniform and stuff to match our faction and your setting.

@topden Thanks for that report, we will fix it for next version.

@SnakeDocc Rds compatibility pbo adds vehicles from that mod to project opfor civilian factions.

@Moon_chilD It this problem occurs in every faction? Or only in the few? Haven't seen something like this and need more info.

@LordLoko Nah, we wont add another dependencies in addition to RHS mods.

@Ulmann For now it is not possible.

@Greensnack From what I know and read 6B27 Helmet was put into production in 2006 for the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation,  it is not popular enough to have it in 12 different camouflages even in game like arma.  For us it was only a placeholder, but since we are going to add GREF dependency and we will unlock the possibility of using other models we'll go for PASGT helmet which is more popular, accurate and is really used by most of these factions.  Also you don't have to worry we will keep backward compatibility and old helmets will be automatically replaced with new ones.

@ferpo_the_great We'll see what the GREF update will bring for us, for now I can't comment on the matter. 

And for to update our progress with the Project OPFOR I can tell we still need few textures to be finished and documentation on new factions before we can release it. Also we will surely wait for RHS to update. 

• Like 8

Thanks, I wouldn't want to have errors from lack of addons. I'd still like to keep the generic 6b27's. 

Hey @keeway thanks for the update, good to hear you guys are still at it :)

I don't know what anyone else thinks but I prefer the middle eastern factions to not wear a shemagh at all. The pakol and turbans are great, but to me the full shemagh fits an ISIS faction fine, but your standard Taliban faction I don't think it really fits.

Honestly my preference for the middle eastern faction  would be for them to look exactly like civilians, but with guns. A few of them with the jackets that have the ammo belts slung across them would be fine, but one of the biggest issues you hear from soldiers in Afghanistan etc is that you can't tell the bad guys from the civilians until they start shooting at you. 

Also I've mentioned this a couple of times, but it's been a while, please please please can you add units with static weapons packs to the groups (I think with RHS gear you only need to add units with the tripod packs).  It's so much better for those of us using VCOM AI to see the enemy deploying mortars and static mg's etc.

Thanks again for all your work, looking forward to checking out the new update :)

• Like 1

@keeway Thanks for the update. About my problem (units loose equipment): Its
 I don't believe its a Project OPFOR problem. It looks to me that it has something to do with Headless clients. So basically I place a group and after a while, I see a twitch in the unit (or if I turn them in a different direction they get turned back to their original position). I think this happens when the unit gets transferred to the Headless client. 

If I remember correctly that also happens with Vanilla units, so it is not a Project OPFOR issue. Sorry for the false report!

Hi guys, can I change CDF from Blufor faction to Independence faction? Thx. 

Thank you for the update!

I have a couple suggestions that I think could be useful:

• Edit the AT loadout of the units that carry RPGs and give them a few PG-7V rockets instead of only PG-7VR ones. I'm suggesting this since usually they are armed with a PG-7VL rocket on the RPG-7 and a couple PG-7VR HEAT Tandem rockets on the backpack, and this makes that their range to attack other units is severely decreased because of the low range of the heavier PG-7VR rockets. Besides, I think that the PG-7V rocket is the most common to see within those groups (correct me if i'm wrong please).
  • Create T-34 and T-55 groups with the factions that have those vehicles. This would be nice since it would make possible for Alive or other scripts to directly spawn those groups, insted of having to place them ourselves.
  • Add -if possible- AA infantry (equipped with Strela/Igla MANPADs) for the insurgent factions like Boko Haram, African Militia and Middle Eastern Militia.

Thank you for everything you're doing!

Anyone have problem with ukrainian DSHKM UAZ?

Sometimes I can`t kill gunner or UAZ don`t explode even after Titan AT hit...

Is this mod still being worked on? I get naked units on a fairly regular basis, and was wondering if there was an updated planned to address this issue.