Just thought I'd add an extra vote for the additional RHS GREF / SAF dependency - it's all the same exceptional quality and would add some great new options (more bolt action rifles for militia for instance). Great work on the new update guys! 

• Like 4

Also, just a heads up, I'm getting a lot of stutter when units load in now since the latest update (no noticeable stutter before). I suspect it's something to do with the randomization script too. That is with IND African militia. Maybe some of the randomisations are duplicated? 

@autigergrad;Incontinentia

Please check .rpt maybe it will tell us something. 

Oh please do NOT include a dependency for GREF or SAF.  While the expanded options would be nice, my unit is already looking at Project Opfor in place of GREF and SAF. 
Mod loads CAN get too big.

• Like 1

Will do Keeway. 

Given @ski2060's opinion on GREF / SAF, perhaps there's a way to include some weapons in the randomisation script if they are present? Then it wouldn't have to be a dependency but those who'd like the weapons would automatically see them if they have the mods loaded. Would that work?

Agree with @road runner 110%, Project OPFOR is the only such mod I would recommend, for the quality and variety of it's content.

I'd also like to give a +1 to using GREF and SAF, it will only add to the mod and GREF especially has some top-knotch weapons that would be fun to see in the hands of Project OPFOR factions.

Something else I wanted to mention, an eternal Arma pet peeve of mine is the lack of a true-blue technical that's not the (at least IMO) overly fancy-looking Offroad. Something about Taliban fighters driving the Offroad just feels out of place. Has the Project OPFOR team considered using the Arma 2 Hilux? With a vehicle like that comes any number of possible variants; DShKM, SPG-9, S-5 rocket pod, even ZSU-23-2.

On a final note I'd like to suggest adding flying flags to a number of vehicles; trucks, tanks, you name it. I know next to nothing about modding but I think this would involve attachTo? Could be made optional as something toggled in the Arsenal. In any case, would be a definite immersion boost. Some reference pics for what I'm referring to...

Spoiler

_52864023_cutrebelswholetruck.jpg

450x360_q95.jpg

_86955402_86955233.jpg

iraqi-army-soldiers-aboard-m1114-humvee-

• Like 9

@keeway I'm running some pretty basic tests right now, and at least on my end, Boko Haram (using faction name LOP_BH) doesn't appear to be configured properly for ALiVE. I'm getting the error message that no groups can be found in the radio chat. Could you run a simple test on your end to confirm this isn't just me?

• Like 1

On 28.12.2016 at 11:38 PM, MANTIA said:

Beards on some of the opfor such as Taliban or ISIS or other insurgents would be nice.   

^This!

We want beard! <3 Let them become men! :)

And our mod collection is already big enough as it is. No to dependcy on GREF and SAF! 

• Like 4

For those wanting beards I would recommend ASCZ Heads, high quality stuff there :)

Just to put my own two cents into the mix, I also wouldn't mind adding GREF an SAF as dependencies.

• Like 1

Great mod, but I wouldnt use if it required GREF and SAF. Not because they are bad, but I use tons of other mods too, so if you want to add them as requirements start a poll, you can give us two choices;

1. adding GREF and SAF as requirements

2. adding them as optional files

This was my idea though, it's still your mod

On 1/20/2017 at 11:11 AM, wsxcgy said:

A retexture of the serbian M93 uniforms and usage of the PASGT helmets and serbian vests from the new RHS update would make the Iran faction a lot better I think. 

please do this 

On 1/20/2017 at 10:45 AM, Sharpmaster1379 said:

Only the Special Forces, like the 65th NOHED Briadge and some IRGC (Sepah) units use the Tactical Vest in Iran.

The regular army (which the DPM units are based off) use the uniform resembling the Russian uniform in game.

As for the vest, the recent vests that were showed off in the parade are PASGT(Kevlar) vests replacing the old tactical vests, as shown in the picture below : 

13_8801290683_L600.jpg

That's why we used the Russian vest in the first place as we currently don't have any other kind of vests  in RHS and vanilla modules resembling PASGT.

well there is now in the serbian mod, but it clips through the dpm uniform because only the russian vests work on the dpm model for some reason. 

On 1/23/2017 at 11:49 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@keeway I'm running some pretty basic tests right now, and at least on my end, Boko Haram (using faction name LOP_BH) doesn't appear to be configured properly for ALiVE. I'm getting the error message that no groups can be found in the radio chat. Could you run a simple test on your end to confirm this isn't just me?

The Book Haram faction is looking great but unusable with the ALiVE Mod :(

There are some other factions that are also not recognized using the ALiVE mod.  Not saying they 'should' work, just would be nice if they did, lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

The Book Haram faction is looking great but unusable with the ALiVE Mod :(

There are some other factions that are also not recognized using the ALiVE mod.  Not saying they 'should' work, just would be nice if they did, lol

It's my understanding Keeway has every desire to ensure they are all ALiVE compatible. Please list them here or on his Workshop page so the PO team can work their way through them.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2017 at 3:48 AM, tallnascardaddy69 said:

well there is now in the serbian mod, but it clips through the dpm uniform because only the russian vests work on the dpm model for some reason. 

I know but the choice of adding the Serbian mod as a dependency is Keeway's, I am just an adviser.

Hi Guys,

I am facing now another issue following is in RPT and also when I open the mission in EDEN Editor it shows up
20:42:17 Error in expression <if( _value >= 0)then{[_this,[['Number', cDecals4Car>
20:42:17   Error position: <>= 0)then{[_this,[['Number', cDecals4Car>
20:42:17   Error >=: Type String, expected Number,Not a Number

If I delete all vehicles on map which belongs to OPFOR Mod error disappears.

Anybody else having the same issue?

13 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Hi Guys,

I am facing now another issue following is in RPT and also when I open the mission in EDEN Editor it shows up
20:42:17 Error in expression <if( _value >= 0)then{[_this,[['Number', cDecals4Car>
20:42:17   Error position: <>= 0)then{[_this,[['Number', cDecals4Car>
20:42:17   Error >=: Type String, expected Number,Not a Number

If I delete all vehicles on map which belongs to OPFOR Mod error disappears.

Anybody else having the same issue?

After deleting the vehicles, does the error reappear when you add the vehicles back? If so, I'd say the best thing to do is list the steps needed to reproduce. And make sure your Project OPFOR and RHS's are fully up to date.

After I put them back error is not appearing again. Problem is I am using OPFOR in my campaing which means 10 missions at the moment have the issue :/
RHS is up to date as well as OPFOR.
Somehow old objects from opfor got the issue. Maybe the order of mod update caused it?
First I updated the OPFOR and worked on missions further. Later on when I tried to play it at server noticed that RHS causes issue and need to be updated as well. Thus, I updated the RHS. Today I wanted to check the ready to play missions and noticed the problem.

• Like 1

@Devastator_cm Man that sucks. Trust me, I know the feeling. I have 8 missions that got hit by a rare backwards compatibility ALiVE persistence bug, requiring me to open and edit all 8 missions. This is just a week after I had to open them all and delete all the RHS Special Weapons crates due to errors errors, which happened two days after I had to open all of them a double click and click ok on all of my AFRF assets and replace all of my disappeared M2 Snorkels.

So that's 8 missions needing to be edited a total of 3 times each (now 4 times each because I have to clean up some more stuff tonight) which equals me having to make 32 total mission edits just to squash errors due to updates in the last 10 days lol.

I just wanna play! :(

I honestly think you using the version of Project OPFOR requiring the new RHS and not having the new RHS is exactly what caused the issue. But look at it this way, at least you found a solution!!! Some other people I know have not been so lucky and had to ditch missions entirely or make them again.

Hi Keeway, just to let you know I haven't reproduced the stutter just yet (although I've been doing a lot more coding than playing recently) so unless I can reproduce and send you an RPT, forget I mentioned anything! That said, I can confirm Boko Haram doesn't work with ALiVE and doesn't seem to have groups defined in the ORBAT creator either which is strange as these usually pick up any groups a faction has, even if they aren't compatible. Thanks again for your awesome work. 

• Like 1

We love support which you share with us here, we really appreciate it. Thanks for that guys.

Lets start with fact that some will like and some wont - we will add GREF pack as dependency, the main reason behind it is there are and there will be a lot new weapons, variety of uniforms, vests and headgears that will fit perfectly to our mod. For example we will finally replace 6B27 helmet with pretty common PASGT for almost every middle eastern faction, then we will change for more realistic uniforms model - and there's a lot more things to do. So stay tuned and of course everything will be backwards compatible. 

There are plans and actions were taken to fix the lack of real offroads in our mod also :)

For all these factions not compatible to ALiVE, we will fix that in upcoming hotfix. Thanks goes to ombron for finding the reason why we fu*ked up!

@Sharpmaster1379 Im not the only one, Leight pushed me to do this also :D

• Like 12

I'm glad about the GREF dependency. Would you possibly make the overlapping factions a separate addon or remove them altogether, perhaps without GREF dependency? So that the people who don't want GREF can still use that and then the people who use the new version with GREF don't have to have duplicate factions and stuff to clutter the editor.

• Like 1