Just a quick idea I figured I'd share, what about an Mi-8 variant equipped with barrel bombs? Say, two barrel bombs lying in the cargo bay, and perhaps a "gunner" who sits at the back of the cargo bay (next to where the doors would be so he can look down below the helo - the doors would be removed or open to allow the bombs to drop) who controls/drops them. Given that barrel bombs have been widely used in Middle Eastern conflicts over the past few years I thought they might make an interesting addition, not sure if they've been done before. As far as in-game factions are concerned, I know the Iraqis have used barrel bombs against ISIS.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been reported already, the Boko Haram Landrover Gunner is in some kind of force field, and very difficult to kill with small arms. 

Not sure if it's been reported already, the Boko Haram Landrover Gunner is in some kind of force field, and very difficult to kill with small arms. 

Didn't realise they had that sort of technology  :)

• Like 5

Didn't realise they had that sort of technology  :)

That or the drugs is making him not feel the bullets

Like everyone said this version is for testing purposes only I recommend to do not use it on your clan ops

@TheLimbo365 Yesterday we blew up Islamic BTR-60 and server didnt went down so please bring us an .rpt to complete your report

@MacintoshRU black spots disappear in preview mode so I wont do anything about them

@HeroesandvillainsOS in preview both civilians and LOP_AM/LOP_AM_OPF wear hats and I think we will resign from vest on middle east units since they wear them on main models and we will just add more space to uniforms

@Devastator_cm in BTR-60 I have only 2 people per vehicle - driver and gunner maybe you added commander from other faction on your own?

@landrover gunner problem, tbh I dont know how to fix it if anyone can help that would be awesome

• Like 3

You're doing a really great job, Keeway. I mean it.

When placing the civilian units in the editor, they don't spawn with hats but no I didn't check them in-game. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Have you found the source for the RHS launcher pop-up error? http://m.imgur.com/5TRib9a

If not I can do my best to get you a rpt. I had it again last night and when it occurs, it slows the game down to a crawl before getting the pop up you have to click ok on. I stupidly forgot to turn my log reporting on again but I have no problem getting it tonight if you need it. This error is pretty nasty and I'll help on anyway I can to replicate it if you still haven't see it yourself with the IND ISIS units.

Also, I'm not sure if this was sent to you yet by Beatmatch (Delorean on Steam), but currently, the IND ISIS faction is not properly set up to use ALiVE resupply and logistics. Long story short, when units on the battlefield during an ALiVE game are eliminated, they can be set to replenish their forces. Spyderblack wrote a little code for you if you want to check it out: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/162

If you're not exactly sure why this is important or what this is designed to do, feel free to PM me. I only had a chance to look at the one faction so others may need this to be added as well if you want comprehensive ALiVE compatibility.

Anyway, thanks Keeway. I'm loving the rest update a lot.

• Like 2

Feel free to share .rpt with me coz I have no idea where the error comes from and never met such pop up.

• Like 1

Like everyone said this version is for testing purposes only I recommend to do not use it on your clan ops

@TheLimbo365 Yesterday we blew up Islamic BTR-60 and server didnt went down so please bring us an .rpt to complete your report

@MacintoshRU black spots disappear in preview mode so I wont do anything about them

@HeroesandvillainsOS in preview both civilians and LOP_AM/LOP_AM_OPF wear hats and I think we will resign from vest on middle east units since they wear them on main models and we will just add more space to uniforms

@Devastator_cm in BTR-60 I have only 2 people per vehicle - driver and gunner maybe you added commander from other faction on your own?

@landrover gunner problem, tbh I dont know how to fix it if anyone can help that would be awesome

Thanks for reply keeway.

No I don't own my own faction. I put a isis unit inside. Actually I filled all the seats which BTR has with isis units and whenever a unit sits at commander seat it blocks the BTR from moving.

You can simply test it actually by dupplicating the driver unit.

Here you go with a rpt Keeway: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlwmkcc3bs2lymc/arma3_2016-11-21_20-53-16.rpt?dl=0

If you want to see the error in action, it's pretty easy to duplicate. Open an empty map and place down some RHS US Army APC's and tanks groups. Then place down some IND LOP_ISTS fire groups or any groups you know will have some infantry RPG's. Make IND hostile to BLUFOR. Place down a civilian and make him playable so you can watch the action. Press play and the error should pop up pretty much right away as the RPG guys begin firing.

Single factions have their russian  translations, but when comes to groups- no russian translation

Hi !

Thank you for this great mod.

Just a question: are you planning to add Armored, Mechanized, Motorized and Infantry groups to every factions ? For example IS is ok but some other factions like Boko Haram or Middle East Tribal are not complete (no Armored group, no Mechanized group...).

Also, even if the project is called "Project OPFOR", it should be great to add a few african and middle-eastern units into the Civilian side. Otherwise, it meens we have to also use another mod to spawn civilians. 

Edit: sorry forget about the line above.

Are Taliban or Boko Haram really using advanced military tracked assets like that though?

If you can provide some examples, Keeway is very receptive getting the appropriate stuff into the factions. Can't say I've ever seen Taliban use APC's or tanks but I also don't claim to be an expert. I just watch a lot of documentaries. I know much less about Boko Haram so any examples of real life assets would be useful.

I'm sure if I was hard pressed I could find some examples of seized military gear. But generally speaking I think he wants to keep these factions consistent with how they typically fight in real life. So real life examples and photos are things he usually asks for, especially because they like to get the models right when adding new stuff.

EDIT: Gemeni, I see your edit. The test release on page 10 should have approximately 15 total Middle East civs to choose from, including a model that chooses randomly. There should be African civs too.

• Like 2

Yes, Boko Haram or Talibans has some light armored vehicles (read this or this for example). Maybe not many ones, but a few ones. They are used to capture vehicles from armies they are fighting, so it can be many types of vehicles.

Anyway, even if it's not fully realistic, maybe it could be very usefull for mission makers to propose this possibility. Maybe not very advanced military vehicles, but a few old tanks or light armored vehicles would be appreciated. And people that wouldn't want to use armored vehicles would not be obliged to use them, right ?

What do you think keeway ? :)

Edit: it's totally subjective but I really don't like mods that are forcing their logos into the loading screen... I would prefer to keep a pure ArmA loading screen ;)

• Like 1

Yes, Boko Haram or Talibans has some light armored vehicles (read this or this for example). Maybe not many ones, but a few ones. They are used to capture vehicles from armies they are fighting, so it can be many types of vehicles.

Anyway, even if it's not fully realistic, maybe it could be very usefull for mission makers to propose this possibility. Maybe not very advanced military vehicles, but a few old tanks or light armored vehicles would be appreciated. And people that wouldn't want to use armored vehicles would not be obliged to use them, right ?

What do you think keeway ? :)

Choice is always good. :) I just responded in your mission thread but long story short, I fully support ANA assets being added to Taliban and African Army assets being added to Boko Haram if Keeway and Leight can justify the time to do it. I mean it of course would still be up to the user whether or not they want to use the items so it certainly would be a win-win. Especially seeing as how I think what you're asking for is already included in the mod. Thanks for the photos.

The problem with fantasy equipment is, that you have to add a complete different realistic class to make sure you don't screw up everybody else's missions ;).

And having armor with Talibans is like having alien guns, because anything they had was destroyed so fast. They never "had" it, they found it and nearly instantly got killed in it.

• Like 1

The problem with fantasy equipment is, that you have to add a complete different realistic class to make sure you don't screw up everybody else's missions ;).

And having armor with Talibans is like having alien guns, because anythong they had was destroyed so fast. They never "had" it, they found it and nearly instantly got killed in it.

I wouldn't go that far. The only "automated" mods like that would be ALiVE and anybody using an infantry/motorized only faction currently would have mechanized and armored turned off in their settings anyway. Or at least they should. Regardless, nobody should have any missions to break because Boko Haram and the OPFOR Middle East Tribal factions are both new and are supposed to be testing purposes only.

I agree I probably wouldn't use the vehicles myself but I see no harm in it. Adding is never a bad thing assuming it's based on realism (you guys can discuss the merits on that), and assuming it's not too much trouble for what it's worth for the mod author.

And having armor with Talibans is like having alien guns, because anythong they had was destroyed so fast. They never "had" it, they found it and nearly instantly got killed in it.

@Mech:

I am afraid You don t see the bigger picture here.

Maby some mission makers would like to make something out of the box.

For example:

In campaign 2001-2002 Northern Alliance fighters trained by US Special Forces conducted even company strenght attacks and armored battles against Taliban using T-55 tanks. Taliban at that time had some sizable armor assets to.

During the 1990s Afghan Civil War all sides of the conflict had numerous mech and armor units and even jet aircraft mainly operated by mercenaries from Russia or Soudi Arabia for one side and military advisors from Pakistan for other side.

Before the war Soviet build Afghan army had quite large heavy equipment park.

Regards.

If you want me to add vehicles to any faction that would be nice to give good source and tbh that would be nice if they had great number of these. For example @gemini from articles you'v linked I can confirm that Boko Haram has operationally used AFV's, captured 'some' Nigerian APC's and they also had one T-55 and Vickers MBT (which we probably wont see in Arma anyway).

Although AFV types have been observed in use with Boko Haram, the overall quantity may be limited

That's why we havent added anything yet, there is possibility they had like <10 of armoured vehicles and how many of them were operative and the fact is the most of them were destroyed/recaptured fast.

And where it comes to Middle East Militia (they are based on Taliban and other groups fighting against NATO in Afghanistan) which pre-OEF had about 400 tanks T-54/T-55/T-62 and like 200 APC's and most of them were destroyed/captured by Northern Alliance and Coaltion airstrikes. How the hell could any operative number of those survive with coalition air forces dominating the sky? Same goes for Soviet-Afghan War, they (Soviets) were controlling the sky until CIA donated mujahedins with Stingers due to Operation Cyclone and even after that they were not using armored vehicles that often. During the Afghan Civil War amount of these increased (since most of them were captured from Soviets), but we should make more factions for them then for example Islamic State of Afghanistan, then Hezb-i Islami and Taliban, and the only diffrence between these would be armor. Sorry guys but we have other more unique factions to do ;)

• Like 6

Really decent work @keeway Accept my appreciations.

May I ask how is the work going with Iranian armed forces and for sure SAA and FSA Rebels? Syrian conflict is definitely the biggest missing part of this great pack!

And also may I ask you whether you've got any plans to add Saudi and Egyptian armed forces? As almost all of the equipments they use are already there in the RHS mod. They don't even require any major retexturing!

Thanks in advance!

Here are a few bugs I've noticed in the editor for the IS faction:

• when spawning a "Landrover Patrol" squad (Motorized Infantry): Bad vehicle type LOP_ISTS_OPF_OPF_Infantry_Rifleman /// I suppose it's because classname is wrong (OPF has been written twice)
  • when spawning a "Technicals" squad (Motorized Infantry): Bad vehicle type LOP_ISTS_OPF_OPF_Infantry_Rifleman /// I suppose it's because classname is wrong (OPF has been written twice)
  • when spawning a "Motorized Patrol" squad (Motorized Infantry): the spawned units are not spawned into the vehicle

Here are a few bugs I've noticed in the editor for the IS faction:

• when spawning a "Landrover Patrol" squad (Motorized Infantry): Bad vehicle type LOP_ISTS_OPF_OPF_Infantry_Rifleman /// I suppose it's because classname is wrong (OPF has been written twice)
  • when spawning a "Technicals" squad (Motorized Infantry): Bad vehicle type LOP_ISTS_OPF_OPF_Infantry_Rifleman /// I suppose it's because classname is wrong (OPF has been written twice)
  • when spawning a "Motorized Patrol" squad (Motorized Infantry): the spawned units are not spawned into the vehicle
The third is a known error and Keeway is openly asking for someone in the community to help resolving it. Good catch on the first two. I haven't seen them myself when spawning groups though but yeah I can see how that makes sense.

It is fixed, I need just Iran vehicle textures and fixing landrover before we release next and hope last RC for this version.

• Like 4

Beards on some of the opfor such as Taliban or ISIS or other insurgents would be nice.