Fingolfin, that's exactly what I was thinking too. It would be perfect.

The Middle East Militia is pretty much perfect for Taliban already. It only needs minor adjustments and as I mentioned above, maybe some more civs.

One more suggestion I would make that could have a big impact with relatively little effort in my opinion.....

Config 2 separate Middle East style Civs.

1. Middle Eastern Civs in Afghan style dress.

2. Middle Eastern style Civs in more modern garb as seen in Syria, Iraq, Egypt, etc.

Yes, you still see turbans from time to time, but most of the urban population in Syria, etc have a much more western look to their clothes...jeans, T shirts, etc.

I would also try to avoid too much "going surfing" style clothing for these Civs and stick with a more conservative look.

I know it would help me in differentiating missions set in Iraq vs missions in Afgjanistan. Just my .02.

• Like 3

You could go the rout that CUP did with the uniforms and separate them in to more parts.

Examples of Middle Eastern Civ dress differences...

Syria

Syria_9966_605.jpg

Afghanistan

afghanistan-afghan-people-war-2015-red-c

Pretty stark contrast in clothing although both are classified as "Middle East"

• Like 3

@ineptaphid thanks for your reaction

@Hammer

in connection with the ending of Polish Army Day I want to reward your efforts and bring you this decoration. Wear it with pride because you're worthy.

5161fae02073bf0f7994f6abcc163550_origina

@Middle East Factions
At start I wanted to integrate other mod into Project OPFOR, but I dont think anyone will give me MLODs since "I was given second chance" so I will try to add these textures from OA and see if this will work out. Also that would be great if someone can upload them for me, because I dont have OA installed.

One more note guys: Iraq/Syria/Egypt is not classificed as middle east because it is near east. Anyway I will add Near East Civilians in near future but I do not have clue how this civilians should look like. I mean they wear clothes just like mixed modern/retro Europeans, but still making it will be quite difficult for us.

@keeway Thanks for sharing man, but I still can't make it working with what have you shared. :/ 

Thanks for this mod :) RHS+OPFOR+Beketov+Hetman: War Stories = Ukraine War. One thing, unable servicing tank in Ukrainian Kamaz Repair, Kamaz Ammo works fine.

• Like 1

Keeway, just a heads up. The Kurdish Peshmerga are not spawning with ALiVE.

ISTS and the Africans I can confirm do work, but LOP_PESH doesn't.

@Brebera Sorry I forgot about one important thing, you need to inherit these sections first

/*extern*/ class RscControlsGroup;
/*extern*/ class RscStandardDisplay;
/*extern*/ class RscPictureKeepAspect;
@fingolfin everything except textures, anyway I will fix .rvmat problems with these

@wildcatbridge65 Thanks for that, I also tried to get touch with rocko (author of Iraqi insrugents) but I didn't get any reply.

@HeroesandvillainsOS Thanks for heads up, will check that asap

Also guys I made 'to do' list for myself until version 0.2 will be released, check it out if you are interested

-Add Iranian Armed Forces

-Add Irish Conflict

-Add Boko Haram - for now it will be just FIA with AK's/M16 and balaclavas

-Add Extra tanks for factions (thanks to Damian90)

-Add OA textures for middle eastern faction

-Fix middle east clothes .rvmats

-Fix baseball hats on African Factions

-Fix LOP_PESH ALiVE compatibility

-Fix ISIS looking - split units into Men (Black) and Men (Combat)

-Fix Landrover (its not touching the ground atm.)

-Change Language for African Factions

• Like 3

@Brebera Sorry I forgot about one important thing, you need to inherit these sections first

/*extern*/ class RscControlsGroup;
/*extern*/ class RscStandardDisplay;
/*extern*/ class RscPictureKeepAspect;

Thanks, will check it out ! (: 

Looking forward to next release and wish you the best!

Out of interest what are you planning on including in the Irish Conflict? Is it just IRA and UVF? or do you plan on adding any other forces such as the PSNI (police force) ...... sorry if this is annoying but being in an Irish Arma community it's exciting to see some more Irish content coming, mission ideas are already popping into my head!

I made 'to do' list for myself until version 0.2 will be released, check it out if you are interested-Add Iranian Armed Forces-Add Irish Conflict-Add Boko Haram - for now it will be just FIA with AK's/M16 and balaclavas-Add Extra tanks for factions (thanks to Damian90)-Add OA textures for middle eastern faction-Fix middle east clothes .rvmats-Fix baseball hats on African Factions-Fix LOP_PESH ALiVE compatibility-Fix ISIS looking - split units into Men (Black) and Men (Combat)-Fix Landrover (its not touching the ground atm.)-Change Language for African Factions

Looks good!

Not to be greedy but would it be possible to add a few more middle eastern civs? Africans and Chernerus civs have about 7-8 different models. For whatever reason the middle easterners only have 3. You guys used to have more so not sure what happened there.

• Like 1

Mind making some simple "Cartel" units? Could very well be pretty much Syndikat with RHS weapons and vehicles (ideally it won't require Apex to use). The point being, we don't really have a suitable "modern day" OPFOR faction for Lingor and Tanoa. That faction could also have some post-Soviet vehicles.

@dyflinn432 Propose how police forces should look like, I mean what to retexture and give some real photos, and if it will be enough realistic we shall add combat units of PSNI too

@HeroesandvillainsOS I will work on civilians too, btw LOP_PESH has only infantry so I bet its not working because of that, check infantry only and report me then anyway I will add Motorized section to them

@fingolfin Thank you for that link, it was very helpfull

@dragon01 I think it wont be a problem for us, but no idea if we can do it until 0.2

Summing up, today I fixed .rvmats and added OA textures for middle east militia to our pack also I've splitted these units into OPFOR (wearing civilian clothes) and INDE (wearing clothes with camo). So right now we have about 24 variants of militia clothes.

For now I want to prepare list of textures which are needed for Leight to be done and I hope you guys can help me with that. Starting with ISIS I need him to do some 3CDP variants and the ones mixed with M81, same goes for Desert Marpat mixed with tan. When it comes to IRA we need some DPM's/Flectarn mixed with casual clothes. UVF will be pure black with some casual elements. For Iran we have complete list on our forum. Feel free to put camos request here especially for ISIS.

• Like 2

Keeyway, I'm aware the Kurds are just grouped as infantry (and hey thanks for looking to add motorized units! :) ).

Yes, the issue with LOP_PESH and ALiVE occurs when limiting them to foot soldiers only, unfortunately.

What are the chances we could get an "Allahu Akbar" battle cry from ISTS someday? Does anyone have one they could donate to Keeway? And maybe an ISIS flag too? I see they sometimes place one outside of cities they've captured.

Definitely not a top priority or anything. I figured these would be cool though. But no rush for sure.

• Like 3

You may already have plans for this but can i suggest adding the Royal Army Corps of Sahrani to BLUFOR? Afterall they were mentored and supported in ArmA by the US Armed Forces and the government is western aligned. Just a thought. :)

You may already have plans for this but can i suggest adding the Royal Army Corps of Sahrani to BLUFOR? Afterall they were mentored and supported in ArmA by the US Armed Forces and the government is western aligned. Just a thought. :)

They are Independent in ArmA: Armed Assault

I haven't played the mod yet, but I'm downloading as I type. I just wanted to mention that if you haven't done it already, you should give RHS: USAF's M1117 Guardian to the Afghan National Army as their primary APC, as per real life, where it's the backbone of the ANA's mechanized force. Even better, you could have an Afghan flag flying from it.

@HeroesandvillainsOS

Im fighting with ALiVE compatibility and still cant figure out whats the reason of incompatibility and also I already added motorized units for these ;)

If you have any ideas how to add battle cry for ISIS I will be damn happy to implement it into Project OPFOR :)

@Aniallator It is already added in version 0.2 thanks for heads up :)

Hey Keeway! I'd say the best place to get clarification on the proper way to configure the group for ALiVE would be to ask directly on their forums. It's definitely strange considering the other factions that I've tried (ISTS, Middle East Militia, and the Africans) seem to work just fine. I'll be testing the Ukranian Army here shortly as well so I'll let you know if anything isn't working.

Sadly, I don't have a battle cry for you. I wish I did! It would be sweet! Accuracythruvolume managed to get ahold of one for his Iraqi-Syrian Conflcit mod. Maybe shoot him a PM and ask if it's open for usage?

Keep up the good work Keeway (and Leight!). I haven't touched any other mod since you released it really. It's great. :)

• Like 1

@keeway : I was going to suggest AccuracyThruVolume from ISC.  He's a unit mate of mine. He custom built the language for his ISIS forces, he might be able to help you with something for yours.