Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

Missions loaded specifically for maps chosen in Eden

Hi guys,

After choosing editor from the main menu, can we get the editor setup for mission loading where when we go to the editor to choose a map you want to edit in,

that the following happens like in the former games:

- If I pick a map, only missions for that map are listed

(why am i sorting through every mission, when im only interested for the ones i created or have for the chosen map?)

Why is every mission loading and every map loading when i choose a map anyways, whats the point of choosing a specific map in the editor to edit an existing mission if every mission loads for every map?

- If while on a map I decide to choose another mission on another map, then like in arma2CO show a window with a small box with drop down menu with all the maps you can load,

then below in another box, all the missions for that map, that the current top box is on.

- I find that the loading time is a bit long considering every mission and map are being loaded in one massive list,

i find it inefficient this way, Arma2CO had it right where it was specific and simple, loading times were quicker, at least half the time because your only loading those missions

for 1 map, can we get this implemented for arma3?

Thread is in development branch for a reason, its not a question im asking the general Bis forums, its a subject that Bis need to rethink for Arma3, why it was changed and setup like it is now.

Why go from something efficient, simple, takes less time to load, organized, to this clutter.

Granted missions do load per map but when i chose a map in the editor I only want only those missions for that given map to be listed, why i need to yet again, locate the map after

I chose it then reorganize the list to scroll a mile, to find the mission for the given map.

• Like 1

Btw. you can put missions into folders now- basically create as many different folders as you like and save your missions in them. So sorting the missions has become a lot easier / better. I personally like it a lot more the way it is right now than it has been before.

Am I the only one that sees this issue?

Two points here, if i want to create a new mission on a map i choose when i go to the editor nothing wrong here.

2nd point is when i want to edit and existing mission or mess around in an mission i created or added but when i go to load I get every map I have, and every mission,

and not missions specific to the map im on in the editor.

===================

Why was this changed, I'll say it again, Arma2CO had it right where when you loaded a map:

1. After going to the editor, you chose the map you wanted

2. Creating a new mission is no different then now except we got eden which is great, no issues here

3. Opening/loading an existing mission you would get a box, the map your on at the top, and a scrollable list of all the missions you build or added to your game

(this is the way it should be, as its specific and right to the map your on)

4. If i wanted another map aside the one Im currently on in the editor that I wanted to load to edit a mission there, then you changed the map in the top box, and from there

a list of all the missions for that map specifically would load.

==============

Again can we change this so that when you want a certain map, and want to see what missions are on that map specifically then you can go to it without having to scroll for a mile,

and spend alot of time sorting, and looking for the mission you want. Maybe make this an option, im sure some people like the current setup but again when you load every map, and every mission it takes time,

for those of us with lower,/mid end pcs I spend more time waiting for stuff to load then i do playing, in arma2CO for example i can get ingame in half the time if not sooner, theres way to much stuff loading!

Make it an optional function of the editor that you can switch too.

Why don't you sort he missions yourself? You know you can create folders?

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea, but how does it work, i create a new folder for example Stratis, then another Altis, and another Ivachev, Staszow, Panovo, etc,. then put my missions in them

specific to those maps, and then where do i put these map folders, if thats whats possible I can do?

Was there something on the wiki about this explaining how? as I havent been paying much attention to the arma3 updates in the past few months.

• Like 1

I figured it out, you can create custom folders and have all your missions sorted based on the name.

heres what I did I created folders for all the maps I play on, so a folder named Altis, Stratis, Ivachev, Baranow, Panovo, Omaha, Staszow, ect,.

For those who didn't know like myself heres how you do it:

1. Create a new folder inside the mission or Mpmissions folder here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\missions  or Mpmissions

2. Name it whatever you want, could be a map name

3. then move all the missions with that map name or whatever you want in that folder inside that folder, this is what it looks like ---> C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Stratis\mission.Stratis

4. When you start up the editor and go to load you will see a list of folders with the names you created, and only those missions that you moved into them will show.

=================

Custom maps

Custom maps which are non default Arma3 maps being these Altis,Stratis, or Tanoa (if you bought the expansion), the missions for them wont show in your custom folder/s until

you have that map loaded when you start the game.

Hope that helps, thanks for the headsup Lexx and R3vo!

• Thanks 1

The custom mission folders are one of the top features of the new editor, imo. Made my life so much more easier. Such simple things...

You can also created new folder from within the editor. Simply right click in the mission selection window and a context menu will open.

Even better! I need to try that out, thanks for the new insight, i spend all my time when i play in the editor so this is ideal for organizing your missions.

Adding a note to my previous post, i noticed that with those new folders you can choose them as well when you go to save a mission, and save your work into those folders.

• Like 1

Ha ha this is funny, rereading these posts for some reason, i ended up recording a video on

this very subject not to long ago, check it out:

• Like 1