graemeshute

Red smoke Shell goes off when 3 units are dead

Hi there oh helpers of Arma 3 Editting

I have tried to find solution to this. I want to create a smoke grenade that activates when an alive trigger is fired by a remaining alive AI unit before he runs off. Its meant to go off by him.

Basically I have set up an !alive trigger that fires when 3 OPFOR AI units are dead. This works.

but this

smoker = "SmokeShellRed" createvehicle [getpos player select 0, getpos player select 1, getpos player select 2]; hint "triggered"

This syntax creates a red smoke grenade that fires on the players position and not at the AI before he runs off. I am also unsure if getting the AI to throw the smoke grenade is the best solution.

The idea is the AI is using smoke to hide. Its a rough hint where the AI is but also a smoke screen used as his last position before he runs off via a Move way point.

Secondly can I have as another smoke grenade option. The smoke grenade goes off by a trigger area and not by the player. As if you walk into an ambush of smoke grenades?

thanks

Of course it is spawned at the player- you are giving the coordinates of the player, after all.

[getpos player select 0, getpos player select 1, getpos player select 2]; 
Change "player" to the desired unit and the object will be created there. Doesn't have to be a real unit either. Might as well place a Game Logic somewhere and use that name instead.

As far as I am aware, you can make the ai throw the smoke, but not sure how good / reliable this works. If the ai is far away, you might as well just spawn the smoke on the position you want it to be.

Instead of a game logic, place a small item on the map - like a watch.

Such a thing is easy to edit.

Is there any particular reason of using a small item instead of a game logic?

lexx I just used a alpha invisible marker as the smoke grenade spawn position as in get marker pos. I have no idea how game logic works. That's above my Pay Grade. I have yet to even try use .sqm external files for that matter.

I find it odd though we have both a smoke module and a smoke grenade module that cant be synced to a trigger to fire.