acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Guys, after few month of writing to bohemia i'm giving up. Thing which you did with 20 (?) mans crew is impossible for whole Bohemia crew in years, so i need to right to you. Tank gameplay is totally unplayable :
-PhysX throw my tank out of cover, straight under fire.

- Reversing is still impossoble in cities or place fulled with obstacles
- Crew are disembark after one of track gets damaged. Please, did you ever seen behavior like this on real battlefield? "Good! We're hit, left track is damaged, lets disembark, its gonna burn! Get out, i'd rather die instead of sitting in tank with broken track, Aghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ...................................
About this third issue i'm writing specially for you, as the first two cannot be fixed by anybody except Bohemia (i think). I've got an idea how to make this work and lok very realistic.
- make all crewmans as "light enginer" class. Light enginer can repair tracks, engine and gun. It require to create special role (class), but its worth it.
- Fix command AllowCrewInImmobile to all tracked vehicles to stop this stupid behavior.
- Now changin behavior - if the track will be damaged, crew will be sitting inside the tank, and they should wait till all danger from around will be gone (combat mode = aware), while waiting till danger is gone they should scan horizon. If they will not detect any enemy in combat range, they should disembark (one man) and start repair the broken component. This can be done via command from commander or automatic behavior. I would start working on this by myself if i would know how, but for such smart people like you this will be no problem i guess.
Original idea which i saw just few minutes ago by Fighting Power (Arma 3 feedback tracker).

If you know how to fix reversing, i would not despise a fix. :) Lets finally fix this game if developers are not gonna do this (which is unacceptable off course).

Hi, I currently using the official ace version from the steam workshop. Everytime I try to load an editor mission with ace activated it says that "ace advanced ballistics" is not installed. I already reinstalled ace from the workshop, but it does not help.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Hi, I currently using the official ace version from the steam workshop. Everytime I try to load an editor mission with ace activated it says that "ace advanced ballistics" is not installed. I already reinstalled ace from the workshop, but it does not help.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Yes, i have the same - tho, i'm using a modset which includes ACE from "Play withSIX". It happend today for me as well. I've had a mission i've been working on for weeks now - and now i cant preview it in editor, nor test it in multiplayer - as both get interrupted wby this error message, saying that "Ace_Advanced_Ballistics.dll" is not installed. It seems to be a problem with battleye, as its "blocking" it by the little "DOS window" thats open in the background. 

Hoping this will be fixed soon so i can get back to finishing off my mission :)

That is not an ACE3 issue but a battleye one, starting the game once through the Arma 3 launcher fixes it.

It might also refuse to update itself even when launching through the Arma 3 launcher, this happens when their servers are down and multiple users (including me) suffered from it today.

• Like 3

Hello, we had that problem before and we solved it by adding @ACE as the last one in the command line .

For example:

-mod="@CBA_A3;@Mod1;@Mod2;@ACE;"

I hope it works for you.

Having the same issue with ACE but this fix doesn't seem to work for us on a dedicated server. Has anyone else tackled this issue? I noticed it is reported now.

That is not an ACE3 issue but a battleye one, starting the game once through the Arma 3 launcher fixes it.

It might also refuse to update itself even when launching through the Arma 3 launcher, this happens when their servers are down and multiple users (including me) suffered from it today.

Yes and not. I had directly same issue with Bcombat. Downloading from Armahollic resolved problem. While i was downloading from Steam Workshop it was downloading simply [addons] and [keys] folder, when i downloaded it from armahollic there was lot of other files inside mod folder. But i know Battle eye is disabling .dll files as well.

@reforger and ulfgaar:

yesterday I playtested my new mission (that was made with the ACE advanced ballistics Module placed) with reforger.  We had a non-Battle Eye game running and so far no problems.  Now I have to correct some issues in my mission that we discovered during testing and while doing that I wanted to check on this Battle Eye problem. 

I launched my game with Battle Eye-  but unlike reforger, I could load up and play my mission in the editor just fine.   Maybe it's working because I loaded the game neither with steam launcher nor with PlayWithSix, but with ARMA3Sync from the S.O.E. team? Some more testing is needed here, but I just wanted to give you my first observations.

@looter and @alexsegen:

I had the very same problem during my mission with CAF Agressor units as OPFOR and BWMOD units as BLUEFOR.  For me, it improved when taking a closer look at the configuration of all those ACE Modules I had placed that have to do with the medical system.  In my setup, I had Medical, Advanced Medical and the Revive module active.

it is absolutely no problem to have Advanced Medical and Revive active for both players and AI.  But it made a huge difference for me what option for unconsciousness I had set in the Medical module for AI.  First, it is necessary to set "prevent instant death" to "no". Second, it is necessary to set "AI unconsciousness" to "50/50". 

This has the effect that you CAN kill AI with just one burst  of 5.56 or just with a single headshot sometimes, but not everytime, as is suggested by the 50/50. In fact, it seemed to be quite exact, this calculation, i.e. if I open up on six OPFOR, then three die and three are unconscious, and with eight OPFOR I get four unconscious ones.  And those that fall unconscious instead stay so until receiving medical attention or bleeding out. While they can't be outright killed as long as they are unconscious, they can receive further wounds, thus making their bleeding worse.

Regarding the game's attitude towards unconscious AI, I just discovered while checking one of my mission's triggers that these heavily wounded unconscious units are no longer counted as an OPFOR fighting force.  A trigger that checks if OPFOR is "not present" gets true if all OPFOR are either dead or  in this state of unconsciousness.  

Hope that helps a bit for the time being, must get back to my mission so I can release it today.

tourist

• Like 1

edit* question answered in another thread. :p

Edited by ziant

Have you defined the sounds in description.ext? It's required since the instructions speak of class names instead of filenames.

CfgSounds

This method does not work either. Any other solutions from anyone?

code as follows mate - works perfectly for me

class CfgSounds {
	sounds[] = {PilotChannel,Cornetto,Prayer};
	class PilotChannel {
		name = "pilotChannel";
		sound[] = {"sounds\pilotChannel.ogg", db+12, 1.0};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class Cornetto {
		name = "Cornetto";
		sound[] = {"sounds\Cornetto.ogg", db+18, 1.0,900};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class Prayer {
		name = "Prayer";
		sound[] = {"sounds\Prayer.ogg",};
		titles[] = {};
	};	
};

Are the APi functions to add stuff to the interaction menus going to happen anytime soon ?

They actually are already there but are not documented, yet.

Check:

Creating an action

Adding it to an object

Adding it to a class

All of them are local and need to be globaEvent'd or remoteExec'd to work on all machines properly. 

He's asking about the API you guys promised and told everyone not to use the things you listed because they are not for public and are bound to change (and as such are marked as not for public in the script header).

Hi.

Yesterday i played a Mission. Today i will resume, but the Medicsystem is buggy.

To see in this Video.

Whats going wrong?

edit:

If i start a new Mission, it works(but not really correct).

I shot a Soldier in Arm and another on in the Leg. The first has right Wounds, but the second has Wounds in both Legs, one Arm, Torso and Head..

Bonus Question:

How can a KI Sani heal correct the Soldiers ?

@troymcc: I'm not sure, but as far as this thread says, no kind of saving is implemented in ACE3 yet - neither SP nor MP. Let's say it is not a top priority of the ACE Devs, but back in ARMA2, ACE eventually had saving functionality added - so just vote for it and wait, I'd say.  Until then, it is to be expected that some ACE systems will not work after a save-quit game-restart game-load cycle. 

Regarding your bonus question: davidoss improved upon Bardosy's automedic script to make AI Medics patch up the wounds of their squadmates automatically or after receiving an order to move in the general direction of wounded squadmates.  I think I have already linked to the automedic thread here, but will do it again to help you out: 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/165907-automated-medic/page-3

In post Nr. 58 davidoss posted the updated code.  I use it with success in my missions.  It works great, but rememeber that depending on your settings in Basic or Advanced Medical System you might still need a Medic played by a human to use the Personal Aid Kit for full heal at a Field Hospital - just give a little more detail on your settings, I suggest.

Have fun with the mod,

tourist

What for Settings do you mean?

As far as i know Sripts dont running normaly(only if they build in missions, i tried it with a Jumpscript).
The Option for "heal this Soldier"(and automedic on/off sometimes) is missing.

i play SP Missions/Campaigns

Well, ACE3 is not the right choice right now for SP gameplay IMHO because you can't save.  Instead I use one of the predecessor mods, AGM,  for SP. 

Devs... can you please attend to the serious "bullet sponge" bug introduced in the latest release? Some AI units (RHS, Molatian/Afrenian based on Vanilla units) need like 20-30 bullets into torso/hands/legs to kill them off. It is like fighting with Terminators lately...

• Like 1

He's asking about the API you guys promised and told everyone not to use the things you listed because they are not for public and are bound to change (and as such are marked as not for public in the script header).

Yes, this is what I meant.

Hi all,

I am getting a strange behaviour in the spectator mode on dedicated servers. I have added the following lines, that execute once a player is dead.

[allUnits, true] call ace_spectator_fnc_updateUnits;
[[west], [east,civilian]] call ace_spectator_fnc_updateSpectatableSides;
[true] call ace_spectator_fnc_setSpectator;

However  I cannot see any remaining units on the spectator list despite having some on the camera. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Respawn type "BIRD"

It's because you're blacklisting allUnits from the unit list with your first line :)

If you want to add all units to the list then you can either use the respective setting or just use the same line of code without the "true" as a second parameter

Devs... can you please attend to the serious "bullet sponge" bug introduced in the latest release? Some AI units (RHS, Molatian/Afrenian based on Vanilla units) need like 20-30 bullets into torso/hands/legs to kill them off. It is like fighting with Terminators lately...

Same here...Is it for real that i have to place 5-6 center mass hits with 5.56 M4 on an ordinary rifleman at distance of 20m to get him killed? What body armor in the world takes so many hits at such a close range?

It's because you're blacklisting allUnits from the unit list with your first line :)

If you want to add all units to the list then you can either use the respective setting or just use the same line of code without the "true" as a second parameter

hahahahaha. That did the trick. Stupid of me but it took almost 2 hours of fooling around with my custom respawn... 

Hi.

Can someone  say me please how i can damage unit from script it that way that i can then use treatment on that unit?

When i just use for example setdamage 0.5 command then unit is wounded but if i do medical actions on him there are all body parts white and ok.

I need to find the way how to injure players/ais without shooting to them

please help

@edit

Nevermind i got it. Thanks

[player, "body", 0.9, objNull, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage;
[player, "head", 0.9, objNull, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage; 
[player, true, 100] call ace_medical_fnc_setUnconscious;