acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Still seem to be having troubles with RHS Insurgent units being quite difficult to kill with default medical settings, any idea if that issue stems from RHS or from ACE?

Hello, we had that problem before and we solved it by adding @ACE as the last one in the command line .

For example:

-mod="@CBA_A3;@Mod1;@Mod2;@ACE;"

I hope it works for you.

Hey ACE 3 devs, I'm having some issues trying to use the ACE 3 medical menu. Even though I have the module placed its not coming up and I still have to treat casualties as usual (using advanced medical). I haven't been able to find any info on how it should work. One thing that I do notice is that after I treat a casualty I'm immediately "snapped" to a crouched posture but no menu. My next step in troubleshooting. I'm guessing that I may be having some type of mod compatibility issue, I'll turn off my other mods and go from there.

Check in your ace settings if it's enabled.

You'll find the option next to medical, it'll be called medical menu.

Not sure if this helps or not...

Noticed this morning that ACE3 is acting very strangely with zombie mods (I know, I know whatever, they make great target practice in editor).

Both Ryan's Zombie and RickB's walkers react the same way:

The zombie or walker hits your character. Your character screams, but there is no damage according to ACE3 med (plain rotary or medical menu)

Hit 2 times nothing.

Hit 3 times, damage textures start being applied to character model. Still no damage in ACE3 medical diag.

Hit 4 times still no ACE3 damage

Hit 5 times, instantly dead.

This is just happening with the last iteration of ACE3 3.32. Rolled back two versions to 3.21 everything works fine...zombie or walker hits cause damage, damage is diagnosable and treatable with ACE3.

Have seen posts about problems with using damage command not working, wondering if this is a related problem? Thought you might like like the feedback.

B

Check in your ace settings if it's enabled.

You'll find the option next to medical, it'll be called medical menu.

Thank you very much. Always end up overlooking the little things.

Noticed some weird damage stuff with player designed missions. 

And then to test my theory about damage command....Just had something happen with Sentinel's Outbreak Altis. Uses Gulzwoods Infected Script...does the samething I described above.

B

Not sure if this helps or not...

Noticed this morning that ACE3 is acting very strangely with zombie mods (I know, I know whatever, they make great target practice in editor).

Both Ryan's Zombie and RickB's walkers react the same way:

The zombie or walker hits your character. Your character screams, but there is no damage according to ACE3 med (plain rotary or medical menu)

Hit 2 times nothing.

Hit 3 times, damage textures start being applied to character model. Still no damage in ACE3 medical diag.

Hit 4 times still no ACE3 damage

Hit 5 times, instantly dead.

This is just happening with the last iteration of ACE3 3.32. Rolled back two versions to 3.21 everything works fine...zombie or walker hits cause damage, damage is diagnosable and treatable with ACE3.

Have seen posts about problems with using damage command not working, wondering if this is a related problem? Thought you might like like the feedback.

B

Pretty sure most zombie mods rely on setDamage to damage the player via script as there is no projectile involved, wouldn't expect it to work with ACE medical.

setDamage will work fine, but I'm not sure how it would interact with the medical system (you might get vanilla effects and such).

Running latest ACE3 hotfix from Github. Kill events are not being recorded - AI don't react to friendly kills and various scripts that rely on kill events (including ALiVE Data) are non functional. Is this a feature or an issue? Can anyone else repro and if so I will raise an issue on GH.

Edit: rolled back to 3.2.1 and it's all working again, so definitely an issue with the 3.3.x

Pretty sure most zombie mods rely on setDamage to damage the player via script as there is no projectile involved, wouldn't expect it to work with ACE medical.

Actually, Ryan is using setHit for applying damage.

Medical.

Does anyone know what .pbos are needed just for the Medical part of ACE3?

Or, I should ask, what .pbos are needed to Drag & Carry downed players?

We assumed it was part of the Medical, but could not Drag nor Carry players.

We only got the Load option only (which was odd since we were never near a vehicle).

We found (I think) what files were needed for Medical, but I'm guessing there were

some more for the Drag/Carry option. Details were lacking In the documentation.

Or perhaps this has been fixed (if it was broken) in this last update I see was just released?

So to clarify, we only want and use Medical (with Drag/Carry). Any insight guys?

Does anyone know what .pbos are needed just for the Medical part of ACE3?

Or, I should ask, what .pbos are needed to Drag & Carry downed players?

Medical requires Interaction, Interact_Menu, Common and Main.

Drag & Carry is done by, ... well Dragging.pbo. Dragging requires the same PBOs as Medical.

Details can be read here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

Actually, Ryan is using setHit for applying damage.

Yeah, I coded the ACE damage part as people requested a change from the everywhere-injured thing with setDamage. I made it so setHit is locally executed and it does in fact work, however not with ACE medical. It would be great if ACE medical had some functions I could use.

And yeah I think the damage command not working is still a thing, but I wonder if getHit works...I haven't tested it.

Anyway, a direct question; How can I apply ACE damage artificially? A push in the right direction would go a long way, I already opened up ace_medical and went through several functions files but I must've overlooked it.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

having an issue with the javelin. when shooting any vehicle from the front the missile falls short 100% of the time, with both direct attack and top down. Can anyone reproduce?

Anyway, a direct question; How can I apply ACE damage artificially? A push in the right direction would go a long way, I already opened up ace_medical and went through several functions files but I must've overlooked it.

Afaik there is no such function yet. The medical API is still subject to change and hence not public yet.

Afaik there is no such function yet. The medical API is still subject to change and hence not public yet.

Alright. I'll add a notice on the zombie & demons mod regarding ACE incompatibility for now, thanks for the answer.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

can be off-t > it would be a good idea to add AIS (active protection system) for all fraction MBT

Yeah, I coded the ACE damage part as people requested a change from the everywhere-injured thing with setDamage. I made it so setHit is locally executed and it does in fact work, however not with ACE medical. It would be great if ACE medical had some functions I could use.

And yeah I think the damage command not working is still a thing, but I wonder if getHit works...I haven't tested it.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but here is what I use to set damage to individual body parts with ace for whatever reasons the mission might need.

Bodypart = "HitRightLeg", "HitLeftLeg", "HitRightArm", "HitLeftArm", "HitBody", "HitHead"; 
Damage = 0 - 1; 
player setHitPointDamage [bodypart, Damage]; 
Example: player1 setHitPointDamage ["HitRightLeg", 0.4]; 

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but here is what I use to set damage to individual body parts with ace for whatever reasons the mission might need.

Bodypart = "HitRightLeg", "HitLeftLeg", "HitRightArm", "HitLeftArm", "HitBody", "HitHead"; 

Damage = 0 - 1; 

player setHitPointDamage [bodypart, Damage]; 

Example: player1 setHitPointDamage ["HitRightLeg", 0.4];

setHitPointDamage, I checked it out earlier but considering it's nearly identical to setHit I figured the same bug would happen. I'll test it however.

You can manually call this function as needed to spoof damage events: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_handleDamage.sqf

Just note that it isn't part of the public API and is viable to change (although the arguments are just those given by the handleDamage event handler so make what you will of that).

To know what type of projectile to pass in, you can refer to here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_getTypeOfDamage.sqf

Cheers. If it changes drastically I'll simply update the zombie mod again.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Does anyone know how to use the AmbientSound ACE module. I am making a mission and I want to add mosque call sound to add to the environment when doing patrols. If anyone is familiar with it can you give a in depth tutorial, such as folder setup, what file format (WAV, OGG etc).

Thanks.

Does anyone know how to use the AmbientSound ACE module. I am making a mission and I want to add mosque call sound to add to the environment when doing patrols. If anyone is familiar with it can you give a in depth tutorial, such as folder setup, what file format (WAV, OGG etc).

It's all explained on the ACE page.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/missionmaker/modules.html#3-1-ambiance-sounds

How would I go about getting my planes ace combatable as far as the laser guidence