acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Yeah I can confirm that the Ai is still invincible with prevent instant death is enabled. Testing continues.

FPS improvements across the board are great ACE team !!

Please make a bug report including rtp, settings and optionally(preferably) a short video showing what is happening. I'd like to resolve this asap.

So the AtragMX is nice, and I assume the compatibility addons add compatibility in some ways..but how are you actually supposed to use the ballistics calculator if you have e.g. CUP or HLC installed?

For example, there are already 4-5 presets for 7.62mm guns installed, how would one know which one you're using?

In the rare occasion that the ammo type designation is not mentioned in the magazine tooltip you should stick with the default profile for the given caliber (e.g. 1st entry from the trop). Or ask someone who knows it. Or measure it yourself.
The L115A1 shoots 5rnd Lapua Magnum bullets, but there are 3 entries, two of them being primarily the same except the weight changed..
The method described above will work in this case.
How would one find out the proper bullet velocity for the M24 for instance? I doubt IRL information is going to help much since there are a lot of little variations.

It does, as long as you know the exact ammo type you're shooting.

I can only assume this is still WIP and that in the future, you'd be able to get more info on different available ammo. Am I about right?

a) If you want to cheat: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/extras/CfgAmmoReference.hpp

b) We're currently discussing to add range cards similar to the ones from ACE2, but not all of the team members are (excessively) enthusiastic about it, which I can understand.

To be honest I think range cards are not really necessary because the player can create his own by using the ATragMX. What would be more helpful are some detailed infos, for example does the ATragMX already correct for spin-drift and coriolis effect? How exactly does enviroment temperature affects the burn rate of the gunpowder und consequently the muzzle velocity? How does one correct for this factor in the ATragMX?

The ACE Wiki doesn't go into detail. Mb it would be beneficial if you could link some of the sources you used to model all the cool stuff?

Btw it seems like the muzzle velocities stored in the ATragMX for 0.338 LM 300gr and API are not correct when using the MAR10: I measured with a script approximatly 765 m/s (stored 800) and respectivly 845m/s (stored 895). 250gr seems to be correct though.

Last but not least: a big thx to the whole ACE team for this fantastic mod! Really appreciate all the work you guys put into it. And a particular thx to Ruthberg for Advanced Ballistics. You raised sniping in Arma to a whole new level :)

To be honest I think range cards are not really necessary because the player can create his own by using the ATragMX.
Range cards like this would be a great addition to the game in my opinion:

rangecarddru0m.png

What would be more helpful are some detailed infos
Agreed.
for example does the ATragMX already correct for spin-drift and coriolis effect?
Yes it does. Most of the features described in this manual are implemented:

https://www.horusvision.com/download/manual_Horus_ATrag-v385.pdf

The ACE3 Wiki is work in progress: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/atragmx.html

Hop into the public slack chat, if you want to help with the documentation:

https://ace3public.slack.com/messages/documentation/

How exactly does enviroment temperature affects the burn rate of the gunpowder und consequently the muzzle velocity?
That depends on the ammo type you're using:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt61od7t9apkut6/AB%20Muzzle%20Velocity%20Variation%20Table.xlsx

How does one correct for this factor in the ATragMX?

You have to manually adjust the muzzle velocity value on the "Gun and Ammo Data Screen" (page 15 in the manual).

The ACE Wiki doesn't go into detail. Mb it would be beneficial if you could link some of the sources you used to model all the cool stuff?
Yes.
Btw it seems like the muzzle velocities stored in the ATragMX for 0.338 LM 300gr and API are not correct when using the MAR10: I measured with a script approximatly 765 m/s (stored 800) and respectivly 845m/s (stored 895). 250gr seems to be correct though.

I'd recommend using this mission (the steel targets you can place via the action menu) for muzzle velocity testing:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181296-SP-360-Degree-Training-Course

b) We're currently discussing to add range cards similar to the ones from ACE2, but not all of the team members are (excessively) enthusiastic about it, which I can understand.

yeah, i mentioned the range cards few times and having those would be very helpful. although i understand if it bothers the team and you decide against it. in that case, we'll have to make our own. my only concern is that i won't make them as correct as you would.

edit:

the screenshot you posted is an excellent example imo.

So, placing zip-tied prisoners in vechicles is acting kind of dodgy. They stand up in their seats (in their standard hands-behind-back animation) with their heads sticking out the roof.

Could anyone else try precision sniping (>1000m) with CUP weapons using ACE3 (with the optional pbos enabled) and tell me if they're hitting on target...Specifically high-altitude (>150m ASL) sniping (using AtragMX)

I don't want to place a bug report just yet, I've switched from Panthera to Altis because I thought it was maybe an incompatibility with the map...On Panthera I had issues with elevation, it seemed as if the inclination angle barely changed any of the elevation values, I used the M24, L115A1, M107, no cigars...

On Altis I had no issues with zeroing with the M107 but the windage was way off... :S

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Okay, sorry guys. But could anybody explain me what exactly I have to do to use ACE advanced medical (and balistic) in DUWS when I want to host a server by myself?

Where I have to edit which file?

I was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance. I am using Alive multispawn with heli insertion along with Ace respawn/rally point. Everything works fine except the helicopter always lands directly on top of the Ace rallypoint base flagpole instead of the multispawn marker. Thanks in advance

Please make a bug report including rtp, settings and optionally(preferably) a short video showing what is happening. I'd like to resolve this asap.

Hey Glowbal, yeah i should have time a lil later today to do all the above, including making a short 2 min video showing what we encounter. And include a bug report and rpt.

Here is what i gathered from our coop mission last night.

Medical Module Settings

Prevent Instant death = YES

Enemy Ai unconsciousness = 50/50

1. Some enemies die. Some enemies Don't

2 The ones that don't die... can't die. They are invincible.

3. The only way to kill the enemies that don't die by bullets with is with a demo charge.

Medical Module Settings Test 2

Prevent Instant death = YES

Enemy Ai unconsciousness = NO

1. No Enemies are able to be killed by bullets

2 They are all invincible.

3. The only way to kill the enemies that don't die by bullets with is with a demo charge.

But on a positive note... Wow major improvements on the FPS front. Mission ran as smooth as butter for us. Nice work !!!!

Random question.

When you come to an injured enemy soldier, is there a way to arrest them after patching their wounds or do you just have to shoot them? Is there a way to make incapacitated enemy soldiers classify as dead for a script? For example, a lot of missions require areas to be "cleared." The other day I did a mission to clear a town but had several soldiers I shot who were simply injured on the ground. So the script wouldn't run until I walked around and killed all of them. Not really the best solution from a realism standpoint.

Random question.

When you come to an injured enemy soldier, is there a way to arrest them after patching their wounds or do you just have to shoot them? Is there a way to make incapacitated enemy soldiers classify as dead for a script? For example, a lot of missions require areas to be "cleared." The other day I did a mission to clear a town but had several soldiers I shot who were simply injured on the ground. So the script wouldn't run until I walked around and killed all of them. Not really the best solution from a realism standpoint.

You can take them prisoner (requires cable ties) which makes them civilian from trigger point of view. Some missions may hard code success on death of specific units, but then it's that mission's fault.

I found out I have to edit the script_component.hpp of ace_medical.pbo.

Now advanced medical system is available in DUWS. But(!) I can not interact anymore. I can not use morphine or do anything of the medical module. What I have to add?

I found out I have to edit the script_component.hpp of ace_medical.pbo.

Now advanced medical system is available in DUWS. But(!) I can not interact anymore. I can not use morphine or do anything of the medical module. What I have to add?

You edited an internal critical header and didn't say what you did. Not surprised it broke everything.

This is the code in the script_component.hpp in the medical.pbo:

#include "\z\ace\addons\medical\script_component.hpp"
class ACE_Settings {
   class GVAR(level) {
       value = 2;
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       values[] = {"Disabled", "Basic", "Advanced"};
   };
   class GVAR(medicSetting) {
       value = 2;
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       values[] = {"Disabled", "Normal", "Advanced"};
   };
   class GVAR(enableFor) {
       value = 1;
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       values[] = {"Players only", "Players and AI"};
   };
   class GVAR(enableOverdosing) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(bleedingCoefficient) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(painCoefficient) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(enableAirway) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = false;
   };
   class GVAR(enableFractures) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = true;
   };
   class GVAR(enableAdvancedWounds) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = true;
   };
   class GVAR(enableVehicleCrashes) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(enableScreams) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(playerDamageThreshold) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(AIDamageThreshold) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(enableUnconsciousnessAI) {
       value = 1;
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       values[] = {"Disabled", "50/50", "Enabled"};
   };
   class GVAR(preventInstaDeath) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 0;
   };
   class GVAR(enableRevive) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 2;
       values[] = {"Disabled", "Players only", "Players and AI"};
   };
   class GVAR(maxReviveTime) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 400;
   };
   class GVAR(amountOfReviveLives) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = -1;
   };
   class GVAR(allowDeadBodyMovement) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(allowLitterCreation) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(litterSimulationDetail) {
       displayName = "$STR_ACE_Medical_litterSimulationDetail";
       description = "$STR_ACE_Medical_litterSimulationDetail_Desc";
       typeName = "SCALAR";

value = 3;
       values[] = {"Off", "Low", "Medium", "High", "Ultra"};
       _values[] = { 0, 50, 100, 1000, 5000 };

isClientSettable = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(litterCleanUpDelay) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 0;
   };
   class GVAR(medicSetting_PAK) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 1;
       values[] = {"Anyone", "Medics only", "Doctors only"};
   };
   class GVAR(medicSetting_SurgicalKit) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 1;
       values[] = {"Anyone", "Medics only", "Doctors only"};
   };
   class GVAR(consumeItem_PAK) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 0;
       values[] = {"No", "Yes"};
   };
   class GVAR(consumeItem_SurgicalKit) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 0;
       values[] = {"No", "Yes"};
   };
   class GVAR(useLocation_PAK) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 3;
       values[] = {"Anywhere", "Medical vehicles", "Medical facility", "vehicle & facility", "Disabled"};
   };
   class GVAR(useLocation_SurgicalKit) {
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 2;
       values[] = {"Anywhere", "Medical vehicles", "Medical facility", "vehicle & facility", "Disabled"};
   };
   class GVAR(keepLocalSettingsSynced) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(healHitPointAfterAdvBandage) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(painEffectType) {
       displayName = "$STR_ACE_Medical_painEffectType";
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 0;
       values[] = {"$STR_ACE_Medical_painEffect_Flash", "$STR_ACE_Medical_painEffect_Chroma"};
       isClientSettable = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(allowUnconsciousAnimationOnTreatment) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 1;
   };
   class GVAR(moveUnitsFromGroupOnUnconscious) {
       typeName = "BOOL";
       value = 0;
   };

class GVAR(menuTypeStyle) {
       displayName = "$STR_ACE_Medical_menuTypeDisplay";
       description = "$STR_ACE_Medical_menuTypeDescription";
       typeName = "SCALAR";
       value = 0;
       values[] = {"$STR_ACE_Medical_useSelection"/*, "$STR_ACE_Medical_useRadial"*/};
       // isClientSettable = 1;
   };
};

This is the code in the script_component.hpp in the medical.pbo:

I don't know what you are trying to do, but this is certainly not the way of doing it.

Would you be so kind to tell me which way is the right one?

This is what I try to reach:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191716-ACE3-A-collaborative-merger-between-AGM-CSE-and-ACE&p=2939712&viewfull=1#post2939712

I want to use the advanced medical system in a "normal" scenario, in this case in DUWS. But I am not able/I do not understand how to load the config for that...

Edited by dfsgdcfa

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191716-ACE3-A-collaborative-merger-between-AGM-CSE-and-ACE&p=2939712&viewfull=1#post2939712

1.Open the mission in editor

2.Add ACE medical module onto it

3.Put the module settings to the wanted realism level

4.Save the mission

5.Play

Sorry, I think it is not possible to open DUWS in the editor.

I want to use the advanced medical system in a "normal" scenario, in this case in DUWS. But I am not able/I do not understand how to load the config for that...

There are two ways of doing that:

- edit the mission as @DarkWanderer said

- copy the ace_server.pbo from the optional folders into the addons folder. Then copy the userconfig/ace folder into your arma userconfig directoty, and configure whatever settings you want there.

Bottomline, editing the mission makes the most sense, because if you want to use ace medical in a third party mission you'll have to add the correct items too, etc.

Okay. Thank you very much.

Let's say I want to edit the mission.

What I must do with the Mikero's tools? Of course I have unpacked the .pbo very often. What exactly I have to do with the tools (and with which one of the tools)?

Sorry for all the questions. But really, I do my best for hours now but my knowledge (=0) is not enough.

Edit: Using the server.pbo has no effect. I did like you wrote and I did it like it is described in your ace3 wiki.

The gear/items are no problem because in DUWS you can load custom loadouts (Virtual Arsenal).

Edited by dfsgdcfa

Did you guys change the way "force unconscious" works for players? I don't have it set for AI, just for players, both in the mission via modules and on the server.

Basically before the hotfix you could throw a frag next to yourself or get shot several times and you would be put into the unconscious mode. Now its sort of hit and miss and sometimes you come out of it after like 10-30 seconds. Sometimes you just die right away.

Okay, I got DUWS in the editor.

Thank you very much, I think I will manage it now.