acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

49 minutes ago, major_barnes1987 said:

Is this too much to ask

Depends. I don't think that ACE was ever designed to be compatible with the campaign.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, major_barnes1987 said:

Sometimes the AI won't heal you in singleplayer making this big part of the mod useless.And the script: "allowDamage false" doesn't work,i still die.

And i can't play the East Wind campaign because of medical and exlosives.I remember ace medical breaks the mission 4 in bootcamp because you can't heal the AAF survivor and you stuck.And ace exlosives breaks the first mission in Survive episode where you must destroy the blackfoot wreck and you stuck there too.Maybe this happens to other missions and campaigns i don't know.I want to experience the campaigns with ace.Is this too much to ask?

This is either a really good troll or just plain stupidity, and unfortunately I'm not smart enough to know which...

If you are actually serious, stop and think about what you're saying for a minute.

You're complaining because a campaign that was made by the game devs, doesn't work properly with a mod that didn't even exist when the campaign was made?!? 

None of the official campaigns are designed and set up to play with mods, because they're... mods. They modify the way the game is played.
If a mod works in the official campaign then that's just good luck rather than good management. Anyone who understands anything about mission making and mods would tell you that.

Is it to much to ask that a campaign works with a mod that was made after the campaign was released? Yes.... yes it is. It's possibly also the dumbest question I've heard all week, and that's saying something because I've been on /r/reddit 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, major_barnes1987 said:

Is this too much to ask?

I don't think you have the right to either ask for something or to complain so much about a piece of work people do voluntary in their spare time.

Also, ACE is modular. You can run ACE without the medical module if you want to. Probably explosives could be disabled as well, but I am not entirely sure.

• Like 1

I haven't tested it myself, but compatibility with the base campaigns might be as simple as disabling ACE medical and explosives, perhaps repair as well, through the CBA menu. I play single player primarily, and at least for my own scenarios, I rarely run into issues with my scripts or missions as a whole while using ACE.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I think I found a bug.

The player never gets fatigued when running backwards or sideways, only front or front/left, front/right.

I tested vanilla and getStamina works on every direction (well, front and backwards at least, tested that).

Hello guys,

I have a question. When I shoot an Strider (Fennek) with an RPG-7 in vanilla, it just take one shot to go "boom". When I use ACE (plus CBA), it take quite some shots of it to mildly damage it. Do you know which module has to be removed from ACE in order to keep the same vehicle armor resistance as in vanilla?

Edit: I just recorded a couple of videos with and without ACE:

Without ACE:

With ACE (same effect disregarding side of impact):

Thank you,

Best regards

1 hour ago, regiregi22 said:

Hello guys,

I have a question. When I shoot an Strider (Fennek) with an RPG-7 in vanilla, it just take one shot to go "boom". When I use ACE (plus CBA), it take quite some shots of it to mildly damage it. Do you know which module has to be removed from ACE in order to keep the same vehicle armor resistance as in vanilla?

Edit: I just recorded a couple of videos with and without ACE:

Without ACE:

With ACE (same effect disregarding side of impact):

Thank you,

Best regards

After some more testing, I've discovered it's because a Cookoff setting. When set as "Disabled" or as "Player only" the vehicle explodes on one hit. When set as "Players and AI", it doesn't explode even after a dozen of hits:

c6pZelo.png

Explodes:

ace_cookoff_enable = 0

ace_cookoff_enable = 1

Don't explode:

ace_cookoff_enable = 2

Don't know if it's a bug or it's intended behaviour... which should be quite strange.

Best regards

• Thanks 2

I'm having some trouble with some settings, I can't quite manage to set it how I'd like.

Required situation: While using a Mortar I can re-arm it from a nearby ammotruck/ammo crate without individually loading each shot one at a time, keeping the mortar magazines, and just doing a full re-arm with the bar that goes up when you interact with the ammo truck.

Currently, these are my settings. 

https://imgur.com/a/bhILbvM

I was hoping to be able to re-arm the mortar like you can with vehicles with "full vehicles", without manually grabbing boxes and walking them over. 

It seems that if I change "Advanced Assembly" to on, I can re-arm with the bar that goes up on the Mk6 (but of course it only goes to 1 round because of the setting), turning it off seems to make it even more advanced, picking up one round at a time to manually put into the tube one at a time again, so I'm not sure how to proceed to get the settings required.

Any help would be appreciated, any ideas on what I need to change?

I have been unable to find the thread for this so I though't I'd ask you on here, how do I use the CBA settings for ACE3 on my server?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed through excruciating trial and error;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exported ace settings in to a CBA_settings.sqf that comes with the CBA mod and can be located in the mod folder

Created a "userconfig" in the directory of my dedicated server, then simply copy and pasted my "CBA_SETTINGS.SQF" in to the folder, turned on file patching on my start.bat.

Walla worked on restart, posted this for any one else who finds them self in my shoes.

Edited by JonnyCross
for future referance.
  • Like 1

I have a feel I am probably overlooking a really obvious answer to this, but is it possible to lock access to a specific ACE Arsenal object, to a specific player?

Im only ever playing single player however i am interested in using the goggles .PBO. It does require the "ACE Core" PBO though. Will running ACE core cause any incompatibilities with other mods or the campaign or afect performance in any way whatsoever? Playing a very Vanilla Arma but miss the AGM/LHM mods that had googles effects. Reason i ask is that AGM core broke my crouch keybind back in the day for some reason.

On 6/21/2021 at 12:32 AM, redarmy said:

Im only ever playing single player however i am interested in using the goggles .PBO. It does require the "ACE Core" PBO though. Will running ACE core cause any incompatibilities with other mods or the campaign or afect performance in any way whatsoever? Playing a very Vanilla Arma but miss the AGM/LHM mods that had googles effects. Reason i ask is that AGM core broke my crouch keybind back in the day for some reason.

There's a modified version of ACE called ACE Singleplayer that someone put on the workshop, just have a search for it. This has no ACE medical, ACE explosives, or ACE stamina as they break singleplayer. This will give you a vanilla-feeling vibe while keeping the QOL interact things, which you don't even really need to use if you don't want to. Additionally you can change all the settings that are there to basically turn most of the stuff off if you want to. That way you can use the NVG part of it while still playing pretty much how you want.

Is there a way to disable advanced fatigue on specific units in the editor (init line, etc)? I used the vanilla way of disabling fatigue, but I'm guessing ACE overwrites it, and setting the performance factor to max only goes to 2, which doesn't completely negate the effects for these specific units.

Found this on the ACE 3 website, not sure if it works

When double clicking a unit you can find a performance factor slider under the ACE options. This unit specific factor will override the global setting, but is only applied to that unit, unless you select multiple and change the slider for all of them at once of course.

Advanced Fatigue Framework · ACE3 (ace3mod.com)

We are trying to update our settings and take advantage of some of the new features. Quite frankly its a little confusing

As example would be the following setting worked for view distance before the update. We want players to be able to set their own View distance;

xa9ivn.png

The confusion lies in which we should be overriding, both the mission and the client, or just the client? You can see from above we had to leave the server option of overriding the mission blank to make it work which seemed counterintuitive.

Adding further to the mystery are the indication of the meaning behind the red and green x's and checks, which have different meaning depending on where they're placed.

Anyone have an easy walkthrough or suggestions for this?

• Like 1

Addon/Feature Request: Lingering Battle SFX

Greetings amazing ACE mod team (or anyone else who would care to take a look and create a separate addon)!

Request is also posted to ACE GitHub Feature Request comments.

I am requesting/proposing a feature that would generate battle effects created from varying degrees of gunfire and explosives.

The inspiration comes partially from a feature in the Arma 2 SLX mod suite that generated lingering ambient dust based on the volume of gunfire in a certain area.

Further inspiration would also come from the smaller fire effects created by mods such as BlastFX and the Ace mod itself when a vehicle is destroyed.

I refer to the area that particles are determined to be generated as a Sphere Of Action, or SOA. The amount and lifetime of the particles would adjust for performance based on the size of a particular SOA and overall number of SOAs.

All particles would be attached to non-interactive objects, such as buildings, terrain, and wrecks, which will compliment any particles generated by interactive objects, such as vehicle engine smoke or ammo cookoffs already present within the Ace mod.

The fire particles would be visual/non-damaging only, while possibly only some of the dust would block the view, or be so thin that it is also just for visuals.

PARTICLE TYPES AND EXAMPLES OF USE:

All particle lifetimes and sizes would be based on the volume of gunfire in a short amount of time and small space or various types/multiple explosions.

Various amounts of lingering dust (volumetric maybe?) that varies in size and lifetime. The dust would be spread out between larger SOAs and be removed altogether or not generated at all from smaller SOAs if they are within the area of larger ones.

Lingering small fires and smoke pillars. These could be assumed created from single grenades or a high volume of bullets within a small are, and would also be the last lingering effects of HE explosions.

Large smoke pillars. These would be generated from heavy explosives, such as HE artillery and tank shells, IEDs, satchel charges, RPGs, or a high volume of grenades within a confined area such as an alleyway or interior.

Low volumes of non-HE gunfire below a certain caliber would not generate particles, so precision shots from snipers or single fire pot shots may not generate anything, but unloading an AR or MG, or even mag dump from an SMG, within a small area, or a single shot of large caliber incendiary/HE ammo could cause small fires and smoke.

A high volume of non-explosive bullets from a fireteam may cause a small fire or two, but would definitely stir up dust around the area of impact.

SUGGESTED SCRIPT PARAMETERS AND USER CONFIGURABLE PARAMETERS:

Similar to other features in ACE, a user should be able to tweak various parameters that adjust between best performance and best visual quality.

Some suggested parameters may include but are not limited to:

• Lifetime of large smoke pillars.
  • Lifetime of lingering dust.
  • Lifetime of small smoke.
  • Lifetime of small fires.
  • Max amount of each effects generated.
  • Max amount of SOA's generated containing effects.
  • A flag or adjustment for maintaining a minimum amount of particles throughout there respective max lifetimes within the combined number of SOAs.
  • An adjustment for dust density, density dissipation lifetime, and whether dense dust will affect AI visibility.

To maintain ambience when the maximums limits are reached, I think it would be best to reduce particles among all SOAs rather than just delete an entire SOA of particles, and that the highest volume of new particles would be generated within the newest SOA near a player or team.

There should also be a prioritization of which and how many particle types are deleted first. Perhaps a method of prioritization would be for smaller/newer/nearer SOAs to take particles from larger/older/more distant SOAs, and for larger/newer/nearer SOAs to take particles from smaller/older/more distant SOAs.

EXAMPLE SCENARIO:

For example, let's say part of a town is shelled prior to a player's team moving in. The initial SOA, SOA1, would generate all types of particles, so there would be large smoke pillars, lingering dusk, and numerous small fires with there own small smoke pillars within the blast radius.

When the team moves into the village, they encounter an enemy team and a firefight ensues, creating SOA2. Some of the small fires from SOA1 are removed and concentrated into the smaller SOA2 created by the firefight due to bullets and grenades. The ambient dust dissipates from SOA1 while concentrating around the smaller SOA2.

At one point, an RPG is fired through the window of a house, creating SOA3. Depending on the amount and type of remaining particles in SOA1 & SOA2, the resulting explosion may borrow at least one smoke pillar from SOA1 and borrows some small fires/smoke first from SOA1 and then from SOA2,while adhering to the minimum lingering amount of particles in each SOA and overall.

The enemy then counter attacks with its own artillery over a much larger area of the town than occurred in SOA1, creating SOA4. The amount of particles generated by SOA4 require it to borrow from the prior SOAs. Due to SOA4 being larger and newer, it takes a few fire particles first from SOA3, then SOA2, and lastly from SOA1 if the SOA1's minimum has not been reached. Since the one smoke pillar generated in SOA3 is the minimum limit, SOA4 will either borrow from SOA2 or SOA1, or not generate another smoke pillar at all.

Due to SOA4 being the largest SOA, the ambient dust is spread out over SOA4 and merges with the radius of SOA1. Since the area of SOA1 & SOA4 encompass the areas of SOA2 & SOA3, then the dust would dissipate quickly in SOA2 & SOA3 due to the overlap.

SPOILER FOR NON-ACE MEMBERS, DO NOT READ THE NEXT PARTS IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THE INFANTRY SHOWCASE OR MAIN STORY CAMPAIGN YET IN ARMA 3

Spoiler

Some visualized examples of the feature would be at the end of the Infantry Showcase scenario in Arma 3, where you are tasked with fleeing from a village coming under heavy artillery fire. At one point, some of the houses start to emit scripted smoke pillars.

There is another example in the game, but I do not remember where it is located, in which you come across an FIA vehicle that has been ambushed. There are permanent small fires and smoke around the vehicles that remain there permanently.

Thank you for reading and I hope I was able to adequately explain my vision for what I believe could be a killer app feature within ACE. If there is any interest, I would be glad to further clarify any of the above details.

I am not an expert coder, but I could possibly also create videos using the Arma 3 editor that could visualize the above scenario as well.

Edited by distractor2004
Corrected posting on GitHub.
  • Like 1

Hello fellas

I am trying to set traits to the newly spawned unit but can't find all ACE frameworks due to the page not responding for some reason. Additionally, there are a few ways so I don't know what is correct, and also I can't test it because I don't know the exact code for "getUnitTrait - example _isEOS" to check if it works. Those are traits I need:

-advanced engineer

-performance factor to be maxed (2.0)

-EOD

-doctor

I tried so far:

unit setVariable ["ACE_isEngineer", 1, true];

unit setVariable ["ace_medical_medicClass",2,true];   -for the rest traits I did not even try because I am not and I can not be sure for the first two yet coz I am out of the framework. I mean I can actually test in the scenario itself, but it is very messy. I need confirmation from someone who knows for sure about the rest two traits and also the first two if I make mistake. Thanks in advance

What is a code for applying default saved loadout on a unit? Can't find it anywhere only how to save default loadouts. Thanks in advance

G'day ACE Devs,

Could somebody please point me in the right direction to locate the commands I would need to place in a Unit/Vehicle config to automatically have ACE Settings configured on Unit/Vehicle spawn.

I would like to set things such as:

Is character Engineer/Advanced Engineer or Medic/Doctor

Is Vehicle Medical Vehicle and/or Repair and/or Refuel and/or Water Replen and set cargo capacity.

Thank you in advance.

Wansec_6

Random question, are turret pops still a thing within ace? I could remember for a while if you hot certain areas/got lucky and had caused a catastrophic kill the turrets would pop off certain tanks. If not that's fine more just a curiosity

• Like 1

Still doesn't work.

Would be nice if they could fix this issue.

Maybe as a Xmas present?

1 minute ago, rowdied said:

Still doesn't work.

Would be nice if they could fix this issue.

Maybe as a Xmas present?

What doesn't work? What issue? Have you submitted a ticket?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so maybe they might know what triggers it or how to fix it: But as of late my group and I have been dealing with this weird issue where suddenly the advanced throwing system doesn't want to work properly and bugs out. For example, if you have a few frag's and smokes on you, you press the key to cycle between the grenade types. But suddenly you can only pick 1 type and are unable to switch to another type. Resulting in a brief red hand icon appearing and vanishing for a split second every time you try to cycle. Usually, we could cycle and throw fragmentation grenades but not smokes. Today I had the opposite where I could only throw the smoke grenade I was carrying and after that, I would try to prep a frag, but couldn't at all. Every time I tried to, there was that brief millisecond glimpse of a red hand-like icon. I tried swapping my weapons, tried putting all my grenades on the ground or inside a vehicle, and picking them back up, but nothing.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this with the advanced throwing system and could offer some insight on how to maybe fix it? The only thing so far that seems to fix it for a short while is rejoining the server currently. We are currently playing Antistasi Plus 2.1, not sure if it could even be something from that currently. But so far we've not had this issue before and our modset hasn't changed, with Antistasi Plus being ACE compatible as well. I thought maybe a key on my keyboard is getting stuck or dying, but others have also noticed this as well suddenly. So I figured I would take a chance and post in case if anyone else ever had this phenomenon present itself and what they did to fix it.

How to enable the display of the number of missiles on the UAV?

Spoiler

3cad1224b463c6f7.png