Jump to content
acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Recommended Posts

hi everybody ,im probably a noob at this but since the ace 3 update I haven't been able to play any single player game in arma 3 .It juast keeps coming up with "file ace_fonts.pbo is outdated and sometimes got ace compat unsung and aegis outdated pbo s in red.ive deleted the ace 3 mod and downloaded a clean install to my arma 3 .Its got rid ot the ace medical pbo error but nothing else .Bear in mind im a novice at this but I just need some help so I can get back playing single player .ive just been ignored from other sites.thankyou 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, seandep said:

hi everybody ,im probably a noob at this but since the ace 3 update I haven't been able to play any single player game in arma 3 .It juast keeps coming up with "file ace_fonts.pbo is outdated and sometimes got ace compat unsung and aegis outdated pbo s in red.ive deleted the ace 3 mod and downloaded a clean install to my arma 3 .Its got rid ot the ace medical pbo error but nothing else .Bear in mind im a novice at this but I just need some help so I can get back playing single player .ive just been ignored from other sites.thankyou 

 

This is a bug related to some ACE compat files, not sure if you using steam workshop, but on workshop if you search with key words ACE RHS there are RHS compatilbility versions of ACE, should be the first 2 results, one  for old ace version 3.12.6.43 and one is for the new 3.13 version, chose the one you need and that should work, these two have fixed the related ACE compat files in it.

 

Edit: These 2 version should only fixed the compat files for RHS, if you are using some other compat files from other mods I am not sure whether these two have a fix for those, so you may need to locat which excat files are causing the issue and find a fix version for that compat file or try to fix it by yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did they get rid of prevent instant death?

While I think the new medical rewrite is an improvement players are basically now either immortal or vanilla delicate.


If you set death to Cardiac Arrest Only: Basically a player can be head shot by small arms, blown away by a .50cal, shot by a tank, step on a land mine, being a vehicle that explodes or in a plane/ heli crash. And they will survive, in many cases they will get out consciously and walk away.

If you set death to always it is just the vanilla head shot and you're dead, critical body part and it's over.


There is no mid ground. This is what "Prevent Instant Death" did so well. Players would survive being shot with small arms. If they were spotted by an enemy patrol and the player took a 7.62 AK round to the chest or head instead of an instant kill, the players was forced in an unconscious state unless the AI double tapped the player. But if the player stepped on a land mine, was in a vehicle that exploded or in a plane crash they would die. This was a fantastic feature that kept players alive in an infantry firefight most of the time, but kept them cautious if they were driving a vehicle, dealing with explosives or if they were around technicals, static encampments, MRAPS or APCs.

 

Now you have to set it so players either are invincible to everything except the cardiac arrest timer (which is basically the old Revive System) or they are Vanilla dead. Could we please consider bringing back a version of "Prevent Instant Death"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rekkless try the settings 

ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold = 2;
ace_medical_fatalDamageSource = 2;
ace_medical_statemachine_fatalInjuriesPlayer = 1;

That's what we've been rolling with during testing and it seems to give us a good balance to where you can take a bunch of injuries, but you still run the risk of dying and having to respawn if you're on the end of some serious enemy fire.
I think a lot of the issues people are having trying to get the settings they want can be solved by tweaking these, especially the ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JD Wang said:

@rekkless try the settings 


ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold = 2;
ace_medical_fatalDamageSource = 2;
ace_medical_statemachine_fatalInjuriesPlayer = 1;

That's what we've been rolling with during testing and it seems to give us a good balance to where you can take a bunch of injuries, but you still run the risk of dying and having to respawn if you're on the end of some serious enemy fire.
I think a lot of the issues people are having trying to get the settings they want can be solved by tweaking these, especially the ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold


Ok thanks, I'll give it a try.


Update: I gave those settings a try, our settings we pretty close to that as they were.
Bbut like I said so long as you have ace_medical_fatalDamageSource = 2; the player is invincible. For example I just put a M112 Demolition  block on the ground, stood on top of it and set it off and I didn't die. I went into an unconscious state, I was a total mess, but none the less I could not die from the large explosion or large caliber fire.

Now if I set ace_medical_fatalDamageSource = 1;  Then that is the opposite. Yes players will die upon going up in an explosion or being hit by a .50cal but they also will be flash killed by a head shot from a 9mm.

Prevent Instant Death would prevent players from being killed by small arms (unless the AI double tapped them) but would they would still die from large explosions, land mines, large caliber round etc. etc.

I'll keep using these settings for a time being though thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) I noticed that an old ACE3 medical bug -- the "killed" eventhandler being called twice in MP -- has returned after the latest update. Reported here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1859

 

2) Would anyone be able to tell me the best way to retrieve the type of the last damage source (explosion, projectile, etc.) from the ACE3 medical system (or, in other words, the cause of death)? I had a complicated way of pulling it out of the "ace_medical_openWounds" variable, but the values seems to have changed with this latest update. Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PSYKO_nz said:

Anybody have any update on epi settings yet?

 

No and I'd love an answer too since we are unable to wake up a wounded team mate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be update regarding the instant death? Old ace had ace_medical_maxReviveTime -> how can i replicate this?

Also why there si no option that I as soldier can give my self or others blood, but if im a medic im able to give me self or others blood?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, callofmarty said:

Will there be update regarding the instant death? Old ace had ace_medical_maxReviveTime -> how can i replicate this?

Also why there si no option that I as soldier can give my self or others blood, but if im a medic im able to give me self or others blood?

 

 

Medic have always been the ones to only be able to give blodd. It is a skill they poses only.

As for the Max Revive Time -

Set Fatalities to "Cardiac Arrest Only" and turn the Cardiac Arrest time up as long as you want. Players then will only be able to die after a timer and them being in cardiac arrest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tested this with NEVER  and CARDIAC ARREST option and i die every time. The  time is set to 20 minutes.

heres pastebin with current setup. https://pastebin.com/MSxT5NFt

 

Shall i dare to say, there are lots of options missing and my opinion is that soldier should be able to give another person blood. This shouldnt be mandatory. Otherwise the option who can use PAK is useless.

- Anyhow, is there a way to setup every playable unit via cba_setting.sqf ? So it would make anyone medic by default?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 5:19 PM, rekkless said:

 

Medic have always been the ones to only be able to give blodd. It is a skill they poses only.

As for the Max Revive Time -

Set Fatalities to "Cardiac Arrest Only" and turn the Cardiac Arrest time up as long as you want. Players then will only be able to die after a timer and them being in cardiac arrest.

I think what you mean is that the moved the old medical system's Max Revive Time into 2 option now, fisrt set to "Cardiac Arrest Only" and this is like the old "prevent instatly death" setting, and change the Cardiac Arrest time up to make player nearly never entering the Cardiac Arrest stage, and this would work like the only "no intantly death" option on, am I correct?

 

On 1/12/2020 at 6:49 PM, callofmarty said:

I tested this with NEVER  and CARDIAC ARREST option and i die every time. The  time is set to 20 minutes.

heres pastebin with current setup. https://pastebin.com/MSxT5NFt

 

Shall i dare to say, there are lots of options missing and my opinion is that soldier should be able to give another person blood. This shouldnt be mandatory. Otherwise the option who can use PAK is useless.

- Anyhow, is there a way to setup every playable unit via cba_setting.sqf ? So it would make anyone medic by default?

 

well, my unit only play with zeus missions, in zeus mission zeus can always have an option to set who is medic or who is not, so if you have a zeus this should not be a problem. For non-zeus mission, I surppse there should be a way either in mission sqf scripts or in the eden addons setting or after you double click a unit that allow you to demand which role is treated as medic, can not remember which excatly havent touch the setting for months due to we always run a mission with zeus, maybe you try to play with the settings in eden and you may find one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where does one put the exported version of ACE settings? I've been struggling to figure out how to tone down the new medical system and have it stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, papanowel said:

 

No and I'd love an answer too since we are unable to wake up a wounded team mate.

 

 

as are we, everything else is fine but this is a real issue. 

 

I would love the option (just for epi) to go back to the way it was, as an option 

 

one wounded guy and the game essentially stops for 30 minutes while we try to get him up, do everything, patch every wound fill him back up, kill his pain and then epi, epi, epi, epi, epi, epi nothing. total buzz/immersion kill

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PSYKO_nz said:

 

 

as are we, everything else is fine but this is a real issue. 

 

I would love the option (just for epi) to go back to the way it was, as an optio

 

one wounded guy and the game essentially stops for 30 minutes while we try to get him up, do everything, patch every wound fill him back up, kill his pain and then epi, epi, epi, epi, epi, epi nothing. total buzz/immersion kill

 

And giving a magical dose of epi to revive anyone from anything instantly wasn't an immersion kill?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

And giving a magical dose of epi to revive anyone from anything instantly wasn't an immersion kill?

 

Sadly, it's a game, not real life, otherwise it's an endgame. All the team playing out there don't necessary have 30+ active members and professional medics who could help.

 

That's why I liked the basic system, it was not an instant revive nor a long one. It was in my opinion a perfect balance for small teams who don't have much free time to play around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried that, going the route of making an addon, and it didn't seem to carry over on my server. I'll make a separate addon folder for it and see how it goes.

 

I play with a tiny group, I want to run around screaming for Doctor Feelgood to give me some feel good juice, not worry if I have enough blood in this bag to mix with my vodka while checking somebody's pulse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 6:13 PM, PSYKO_nz said:

 

 

as are we, everything else is fine but this is a real issue. 

 

I would love the option (just for epi) to go back to the way it was, as an option 

 

one wounded guy and the game essentially stops for 30 minutes while we try to get him up, do everything, patch every wound fill him back up, kill his pain and then epi, epi, epi, epi, epi, epi nothing. total buzz/immersion kill

 


There's a lot of options that will help you with that.

Unconscious wake up chance - The probability a unit with stable vitals will wake up from unconsciousness
Epinephrine Increases Wake Up Chance - Increases how often wake up checks happen 
CPR success chance - Probability that CPR will be successful in restoring heart rhythm 

I mean you could increase the unconscious wake up chance to 1.00 (100%) and they would wake up within 15 seconds of having stable vitals.

Half the "problems" in this thread could be solved if people went into the rewrite forgetting how the old version worked.
That's how I approached it, I didn't try and match our old settings I went through all the options from scratch as if this was the first time I was setting up ACE medical, reading what each option does and asking myself if that's what I wanted.
Then we did a night of testing, and I think I tweaked 1 or 2 values and now we're good. In fact the guys like it even more than what we used to have.
 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
1
12 hours ago, JD Wang said:


There's a lot of options that will help you with that.

Unconscious wake up chance - The probability a unit with stable vitals will wake up from unconsciousness tried it,
Epinephrine Increases Wake Up Chance - Increases how often wake up checks happen 
CPR success chance - Probability that CPR will be successful in restoring heart rhythm 
 

 

tried all 3. no effect on any of them, even with all set to max. players still just lay there unconscious. they did not wake up after epi and they did not wake up after 15 seconds

 

if it did have an effect, I wouldn't be posting here as we would not have a problem

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PSYKO_nz
First off double check you don't have a cba_settings.sqf file on your server over riding things, I've fallen into that trap before.
If the problem persists then I'd suggest gathering your server logs and posting the issue on the ACE github. 

I'm not sure why you're having those issues, we've been running an ALiVE mission for a couple of weeks now testing the update and have been managing to wake people up more often than they die.
Granted we play a more immersive version then a simple epi pen waking them up, but our medics haven't had any issues stabilising the wounded then doing CPR a number of times to wake them up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 12:13 AM, PSYKO_nz said:

kill his pain

Here is your problem. Dont use morphine on an unconscious patient. That will keep his BP to low to revive for ~15 mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CW4 Carrera said:

Here is your problem. Dont use morphine on an unconscious patient. That will keep his BP to low to revive for ~15 mins.

 

doesn't seen to matter if we give pain relief or not. when we first started having this issue we weren't giving morphine, just bandage, blood if needed then epi, we have thoroughly tested with and without pain relief doesn't seem to matter

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
4
3 hours ago, JD Wang said:

@PSYKO_nz
First off double check you don't have a cba_settings.sqf file on your server over riding things, I've fallen into that trap before.
 

 

ill take a look for that and get back to you if it works or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATM we are playing with ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold = 12 and ace_medical_spontaneousWakeUpChance = 0.6.

We don't have huge problems with the unconsciousness. Maybe give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, can I use old ACE3 medical pbo together with lastest ACE3(with new medical rewrite disabled)? Is there any conflict?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×