acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

22 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

interesting stuff which I didn't use before. One question, what is the benefit to use description.ext over serverconfig.hpp approach?

anybody can shed some light on this? :/

Trying to enable dragging of inflatable boats.  No joy so far.  I'm trying to do a forEach of an array of inflatable boat classnames, but in testing I can't even get the feature to work with a single class name.

Is this not correct?

[B_Boat_Transport_01_F, true] call ace_dragging_fnc_setDraggable;

According to the framework wiki, those are the only required parameters.

I tried setting ACE_maxWeightDrag nice and high just to make sure that wasn't the issue, but I still don't get a drag option in the ACE Interaction Menu ... only the vanilla "push".

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,

-Doc

3 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

anybody can shed some light on this? :/

They can be combined. As a server admin you can (should) use serverconfig.hpp. As a mission maker you can use ACE settings in description.ext. If you create a mission that will be played on a server configured with "serverconfig.hpp" you can change some settings in description.ext depending on what is needed for this particular mission.

If you plane to publish your mission (on the workshop for instance), I think ACE settings in description.ext is the best way to go.

• Like 1

anyone else having problem that userconfig that worked fine before update is not working anymore at all now? checked the mod twice for corrupt files, all good. crc is fine. userconfig is unchanged. dedicated windows server.

4 hours ago, doc. caliban said:

Is this not correct?

No. You tried to use a classname (which should've had quote marks, because they're strings) when you have to use the function with an object.

5 minutes ago, commy2 said:

No. You tried to use a classname (which should've had quote marks, because they're strings) when you have to use the function with an object.

Thanks for that!

I had tried it as a string, but get a generic error in expression message.  Not using quotes produces no errors.   I understand what you mean though; the object is looking for the var name of the object, right?  I wonder why using class names produces an error... I'll poke at it more tomorrow.

-Doc

16 minutes ago, doc. caliban said:

I wonder why using class names produces an error...

The function is specified to work with objects (OBJECT) and not classnames (STRING).

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/dragging/functions/fnc_setDraggable.sqf#L6

So I guess you'd either use a vehicleVarName from the editor, or 'this' from the init box.

Or you do it like I would:

// init.sqf
["B_Boat_Transport_01_F", "init", {
    params ["_vehicle"];

[_vehicle, true] call ace_dragging_fnc_setDraggable;
}, nil, nil, true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

I'm not entirely sure if the boats aren't too heavy to be dragged though.

7 hours ago, Johnny Drama said:

anyone else having problem that userconfig that worked fine before update is not working anymore at all now? checked the mod twice for corrupt files, all good. crc is fine. userconfig is unchanged. dedicated windows server.

Also experiencing this problem on our dedicated windows 10 server.

Have generated new serverconfig.hpp after the update, running the ace_server.pbo as it's own mod, double-checked for corrupted files.

However if i use the same method and host the mission myself, so using the full install of the game instead of the server.exe it seems to work with no problems.

Is the mod currrently needing the 64bit upcoming patch to work on a dedi sever?

I'm getting issues with ace_vehicles on dedi. Vehicles won't move, but works fine on local. Obviously i removed it and it's fine when it's not being used. Worked fine before. :eh:

looks like I will wait with updating my dedicated server :/

As far as I understand modules are not working and the workaround of hpp is also not. So only way to use the new version is to create either a new module composition or a new hpp from scratch. Is that so?

5 hours ago, flipped said:

Also experiencing this problem on our dedicated windows 10 server.

Have generated new serverconfig.hpp after the update, running the ace_server.pbo as it's own mod, double-checked for corrupted files.

However if i use the same method and host the mission myself, so using the full install of the game instead of the server.exe it seems to work with no problems.

Is the mod currrently needing the 64bit upcoming patch to work on a dedi sever?

so I guess the only solution right now is to rollback to the old version until this is fixed...

There is nothing to be fixed about the modules. Them potentially breaking after updates is something you all will have to accept. There is zilch we can do about that.

The other things aren't reproducable bugs either. There is absolutely no reason why ace_vehicles would cause the vehicles to be stuck on the server. That makes absolutely no sense and the problem is very likely caused by something entirely different.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, commy2 said:

There is nothing to be fixed about the modules. Them potentially breaking after updates is something you all will have to accept. There is zilch we can do about that.

The other things aren't reproducable bugs either. There is absolutely no reason why ace_vehicles would cause the vehicles to be stuck on the server. That makes absolutely no sense and the problem is very likely caused by something entirely different.

what about the issue with the serverconfig not getting loaded on windows dedicated?

It's not on the bug tracker, so it does not exist for the developers.

55 minutes ago, commy2 said:

There is absolutely no reason why ace_vehicles would cause the vehicles to be stuck on the server. That makes absolutely no sense and the problem is very likely caused by something entirely different.

That may be so, but after removing it my vehicles moved. That makes absolute sense that it is likely caused by ace_vehicles conflicting possibly. I'm not bothered as i don't need it anyway. I got out and pushed!!! :f:

No, it doesn't. Also there is a bugtracker for a reason. A forum is just no place to manage bug reports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, law-giver said:

That may be so, but after removing it my vehicles moved. That makes absolute sense that it is likely caused by ace_vehicles conflicting possibly. I'm not bothered as i don't need it anyway. I got out and pushed!!! :f:

As said on this helpful page: "It's not a valid to simply remove @ace from the mod list to confirm that ACE3 is the culprit." Any other mod could be causing the bug, and "ace_vehicles" only exposes it. It's not as simple as majority thinks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jonpas said:

That makes absolute sense that it is likely caused by ace_vehicles conflicting possibly

It doesn't say culprit it say's conflicting, which means either one addon is causing an issue with the other. I wasn't moaning about it, i was merely posting on a forum page on the off chance someone else might respond with a similar issue or a possible resolution. I also didn't refer to it as a bug as i'm not aware that it is. It wasn't an issue as my personal choice was to remove it and carry on with my mission, no slating of ACE was mentioned or intended as such.

I use ACE all the time without issues and have been since most of you were in nappies, so forgive this stubborn old man for not really caring. It comes with age i'm afraid. But i've said it a million times and i'll probably say it another million times, if i live long enough.......ACE f*ckin' rocks!!!!!!! :f:

Let's get back on topic eh, my nurse is here ready to tuck me into bed! :eh:

• Like 1

Right. Good that things are cleared up then. I can't stand misinformation.

Anyways, bug reports should go on the Github issue tracker. Otherwise they will be overlooked.

On 17.02.2017 at 0:55 AM, sparfell_19 said:

They can be combined. As a server admin you can (should) use serverconfig.hpp. As a mission maker you can use ACE settings in description.ext. If you create a mission that will be played on a server configured with "serverconfig.hpp" you can change some settings in description.ext depending on what is needed for this particular mission.

If you plane to publish your mission (on the workshop for instance), I think ACE settings in description.ext is the best way to go.

Thank you!

class ace_map_mapShake {
    value = 0;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 1;
};

I expected map will not shake while I am walking but even though I have server.pbo in addons this entry in userconfig is not taking affect..

What am I doing wrong? There are no modules left on the map

I forgot the server.pbo

Edited by Devastator_cm
solved

I saw that AI not being able to fire the Javelin was fixed in the last update, but the bug is still present for me: just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

I've never been able to use the Javelin in ACE without problems. It used to be that upon firing them, I couldn't shoot with any other guns permanently, and then it was that I couldn't get a lock on something no matter what i tried. Even saw some more confusing and inconsistent bugs with it in MP.

Not sure if any of these issues were ever fixed, but I just avoid them and use the other launchers.