acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Apparently... Drop module and done. So far i have not encounterd anything not working as id like it to work.

We currently have a problem with using the Settings Framework when loading up the server config option.

Everything appears to be working correctly except the "forceAllSettings".

We do not want to force all settings so understand that the correct input would be "0"

example:

class ace_common_forceAllSettings {

value = 0;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 1;
};

However, when trying to access ACE Options once connected to our server nothing is listed.  It is all blank.  

Are we missing something simple?  Is this a bug? A workaround? Thanks!

However, when trying to access ACE Options once connected to our server nothing is listed.  It is all blank.  

Are we missing something simple?  Is this a bug? A workaround? Thanks!

What should where be listed? There is no way to access your server's userconfig settings in game.

Is there a way to create smoke which I beleive ACE3 is creating? I like that black smoke  but couldn't find the classname of it :(

Not sure where I should post this but I'm looking for optimal settings what's good settings for damage taken for ai and players before death bleed and pain coefficient  of any has anyone has ideas please let me know

4 hours ago, Iceman2004 said:

Not sure where I should post this but I'm looking for optimal settings what's good settings for damage taken for ai and players before death bleed and pain coefficient  of any has anyone has ideas please let me know

Settings that we use are:

ace_medical_bleedingCoefficient = 0.7; (otherwise your medics have to become fuel trucks)
ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold = 2.0; (so you don't have to use PAK everytime a player was hit)
ace_medical_AIDamageThreshold = 0.9; (especially with 5.56 weapons it's better to weaken the ai's ability to absorb damage - it may still take you up to 5 shots to drop a target even without heavy armour)

Awesome that was the sitting I was having issues with or another was the player having no heart rate but has a pulse

28 minutes ago, Iceman2004 said:

Awesome that was the sitting I was having issues with or another was the player having no heart rate but has a pulse

That'll still happen, but not as often.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:09 AM, belbo said:

What should where be listed? There is no way to access your server's userconfig settings in game.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.  Not looking to access the server's settings but the ace_3 client settings/preferences. 

did dyslexi's night vision addon changes make it into the latest release?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MANTIA said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.  Not looking to access the server's settings but the ace_3 client settings/preferences. 

I PMed with a guy (conversation has been lost in the forums update) about that. It seems like it's not regular behaviour. You should file a bug report at https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues

I am looking for the code to load ind som object in to a cargo container...

i have been looking but no luck

i found this

LoadCargoLoad object into vehicle.[_object, _vehicle, _showHint]Local

but no shure how to call it

Playing with the current Dev build so I wanted to ask if there would be plans for a 64 bit version of ACE now? I hope so... can't play ARMA with out it yet want the benefits of new memory access to the game.

• Like 2

Hi, sorry if already asked, but i'm trying to setup advanced fatigue on my server with the serverconfig.hpp and aceserver.pbo, but it seems to not working or bad configurated. Is someone has some good and realistic settings ? Thank you

4 hours ago, Valken said:

Playing with the current Dev build so I wanted to ask if there would be plans for a 64 bit version of ACE now? I hope so... can't play ARMA with out it yet want the benefits of new memory access to the game.

Yes we will compile 64-bit extensions in a future version.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, road runner said:

did dyslexi's night vision addon changes make it into the latest release?

I guess it will come at some point. Its great that he his sharing his work with the ace team. That says a lot about the quality of the ace dev team. Great job guys! 

• Like 3

Question to ACE Developers
Is there a way to make vehicles explode directly incase a heavy damage occours?
At the moment I am dropping a GBU from jet on to a tank and instead of I see a crater, crew disembarks and cook off kicks in..

I love the cookoff functionality and I don't want to disable it but it looks a bit weird in situations where heavy damage is given to vehicle and instead of instant explosion it starts the cook off process... :(

• Like 1

The additional files (for ADR97 and RHS) - are those the same as the files in the "optional" folder?  

Hi guys.

I was wondering if any of you is having problems with weapons "safe" mode

using the RHS units (along with its corresponding compatibility mod)

What i came across while trying to change fire mode (on RHS units) the safe mode *Stucks in (even after i made sure nothing is conflicting via "Configure addons keys"

and default game controls)

For Vanilla units everything works as expected (Change firemodes with "F"  /Activate

-deactivate "Safe mode" with "Shift+S")

Check it out plz

*Added*

Done

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/4771

Bug reports go on the issue tracker. Forum posts are mostly ignored.

How do you get the AI to Fast rope when they reach the dedicated waypoint?

I'm basically trying to have 4 chalks fastrope into an area and have them do a search and destroy 
I've asked this before but don' think it was ever answered.. if it was apologies.

I have set up 4 Chinooks, added 1 squad to each Helo, gave the helo a move waypoint, then the allow units to fastrope......but nothing happens, the birds just sit there, and nobody gets out.

The units also have a allow units to fastrope WP, and that's connected to the same one for the helo, and then I gave them a search and destroy WP in the hope they clear the village....but nothing happens

Any takers lads?

On 14/12/2016 at 5:04 PM, Shifty.FR said:

Hi, sorry if already asked, but i'm trying to setup advanced fatigue on my server with the serverconfig.hpp and aceserver.pbo, but it seems to not working or bad configurated. Is someone has some good and realistic settings ? Thank you

UP :)

8 hours ago, road runner said:

How do you get the AI to Fast rope when they reach the dedicated waypoint?

I'm basically trying to have 4 chalks fastrope into an area and have them do a search and destroy 
I've asked this before but don' think it was ever answered.. if it was apologies.

I have set up 4 Chinooks, added 1 squad to each Helo, gave the helo a move waypoint, then the allow units to fastrope......but nothing happens, the birds just sit there, and nobody gets out.

The units also have a allow units to fastrope WP, and that's connected to the same one for the helo, and then I gave them a search and destroy WP in the hope they clear the village....but nothing happens

Any takers lads?

The fastroping waypoint is broken, AI don't fastrope :( Helos stop short of the waypoint and just hover.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aniallator said:

The fastroping waypoint is broken, AI don't fastrope :( Helos stop short of the waypoint and just hover.

Yep, that's what I'm finding as well, even on complete flat surfaces.

• Like 1