acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

read the part about exporting the setting!! yo can custom your server how do you want except when is alrady set by mission module

I did see that and it looks promising, but will it work when it's just one person hosting a mission instead of an actual dedicated server?

I did see that and it looks promising, but will it work when it's just one person hosting a mission instead of an actual dedicated server?

Yes. Alternately

You can stick the exported settings in the description.ext of the mission defined under class ACE_Settings and it'll have the same effect. Something like http://pastebin.com/31XJB7UJfor example.

Edited by fadi

You can stick the exported settings in the description.ext of the mission defined under class ACE_Settings and it'll have the same effect. Something like http://pastebin.com/31XJB7UJfor example.

I was hoping to not have to modify any missions because we play a lot of workshop ones but if that's the only way, it'll do. It would be a pretty nice feature to be able to define those module settings manually without the editor since many missions aren't built with ACE in mind.

You know fellas. I've been trolling the net for awhile now looking for an extensive guide on what all of those ACE Settings Mean, what numbers you can input for each line,  the scales for each, and what they will actually do to your game if you set them each way. It isn't in the ACE3 Wiki. In fact, with the exception of just explaining what each Framework does, there isn't any real documentation on what the ace serverconfig.hpp is capable of holding in any real detail.

Dear ACE Developers,
I have question :)
I posted actually by ASR AI3 thread because I thought it is related how AI behaves and I am using that mod as well but looks like ACE has some AI adjustments as well.
I use CSAT and NATO fire teams in close combat (10-15 meters). Some of the units prefer using pistols instead of their rifles (like Katiba).
Is this intended? Such units have no chance if opposite side still uses their rifles..

• Like 1

Just wondering: are ammo cookoffs intended to be this long and violent?

BMD-3 from RHS got hit with a Javelin (I guess the vehicle inherits the class from configs, hence it cookoffs like any other IFV would, correct me if I'm wrong), and the ammo was exploding and cooking off in bursts for a good couple of minutes, spewing armed shells across terrain even beyond ranges you'd typically expect (for over 200-300m). Needles to say, despite being fairly far away, we lost about three people to the rounds going off. And we weren't really bunched together; two fireteams spread over 500m.

I thought it was going cease cooking off after N-th burst, but it surprised me every time, when after a brief pause, the whole procedure just started over.

Just wondering: are ammo cookoffs intended to be this long and violent?

*snip*

I've experienced this as well. After a few minutes I just deleted the wreck.

Dear ACE Developers,

I have question :)

I posted actually by ASR AI3 thread because I thought it is related how AI behaves and I am using that mod as well but looks like ACE has some AI adjustments as well.

I use CSAT and NATO fire teams in close combat (10-15 meters). Some of the units prefer using pistols instead of their rifles (like Katiba).

Is this intended? Such units have no chance if opposite side still uses their rifles..

Actually i meet this behavior without ASR and without ACE, so its just another arma bug. While mission start, be sure your men dont have a pistol.

• Like 1

I had this reaction only after I add ace. Yesterday I was checking which mod was causing it. According to Robalo his mod threats pistol as lowest priority so some other mod supposed to cause it and I was checking after which mod they start using pistols.

I will do the workaround of removing pistols but still I have a feeling ace overwrite the asr ai priority

Hey guys,

I'd like to use the ALiVE persistance with the ACE logistics. Is it already compatible? If not, how can I add thd necesarry updat like this r3f example:

[ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS,"updateObject",[R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet]] call ALIVE_fnc_logistics;

Thx for any help!

Hi guys. I have an error preventing from joining my server due to my RHS compatibility files being out of date. What I don't understand is that I'm subscribed on Workshop and am most certainly up to date in my client. And as far as the server goes, I added it for the first time just now.

I'm really not sure what to try here. I don't see how my files could be anything but current.

EDIT: Resubscribing and then moving the optional files back over fixed it.

Hi friends,

I've been out of the loop of playing ArmA III, but I recall reading some time ago that AI self-healing was added to the game, but under the basic wounding system.

Does this auto-initialize for the AI, or does a module have to be placed? If it's the latter, anyone got an idea on how I can make it the former?

EDIT: I was worried it was a mod that was preventing the AI to act, but it appears to be that the module has to be placed...any idea on how this can be auto initialized as a mod? I'd like to play already-made content with this enabled, like Bohemia's missions.

• Like 2

Hey, just here to ask if anyone else is having a bug where the ACE Interact and Self-Interact keys do not work on a server?

I know this was a bug previously, but havent seen anyone talk about it recently- My own unit and another one that I have a friend in both have the same bug- ACE Self/ Other do not bring up the menu- I was able to see the interact cursor only while ADS and holding down the key, without any ACE options to select. We both run the most up-to-date CBA and ACE3 versions. My group also has a Headless Client using ACE-X Headless.

just an idea maybe to make action where the player puts swimming shoes on even on the when he is wearing a combat uniform ?

Hey, just here to ask if anyone else is having a bug where the ACE Interact and Self-Interact keys do not work on a server?

I know this was a bug previously, but havent seen anyone talk about it recently- My own unit and another one that I have a friend in both have the same bug- ACE Self/ Other do not bring up the menu- I was able to see the interact cursor only while ADS and holding down the key, without any ACE options to select. We both run the most up-to-date CBA and ACE3 versions. My group also has a Headless Client using ACE-X Headless.

Does ACE not work for anyone at all who joins the server or just you and a few others? Most often, at least in my experience this is caused by CBA somehow not being loaded properly. If its similar to what I've been experiencing, try checking the ACE 3 options and see if they all appear blank when you are on the server.

We had an issue similar where, no matter what mission was loaded or who joined, nobody could use any of the ace interactions / self interactions but ACE features like checking your magazine level and so on still worked fine. What ended up fixing it for us was deleting the @ACE and @CBA folders completely and reinstalling. I've seen people have this problem as well in individual cases (ACE works for everyone else, so probably not a server problem) with usually the same result either the CBA is out of date or else the merged the new version into the old and its still trying to run some older files.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I posted this on FB Chat, reply was to ask the question here, so other that may want to know the same thing will see the answer too.

Hi Guys,

Looking at helping with info to our server Admins.

How do you turn on in Advance Medical for Broken Legs?

If the Server has Advance Medical but not Broken Legs.

Can we in Eden Editor go through the drop downs to turn it on?

Can we make a 3 tier system of care?

Eg Combat Life Saver

Combat Medic

Paramedic/Surgeon

What would you guys suggest?

Is there a way to add the medical stuff (bandage/morphine etc) to vanilla vehicles without editing each vehicle loadout or even better add a ace_medical stuff box to ace_cargo?

Hi, I don't see anyone else having this problem which means it is probably isolated to my system;

If I remove any Ace feature, ie; medical and all its associated files, or hearing, does not matter which, then I can't reload a saved game in SP.

So to be more specific; I mostly play SP, I would normally remove some of the features that I don't want in SP. When playing the game I would occasionally do a save game but when I go to load the save game Arma goes to an end game state and screen.

I have tested this problem carefully since the last Ace update (it did not happen before on previous Ace version). With full Ace installed in the Mod folder everything works fine but if I remove any single feature from the Ace addons folder (I have tried different ones and one at a time) then the game will not load a saved game.

Please if anyone can steer me in the right direction I'd appreciate that. I am finding this very frustrating,

P.S. I am running the latest CBA also.

• Like 1

Hi, I don't see anyone else having this problem which means it is probably isolated to my system;

If I remove any Ace feature, ie; medical and all its associated files, or hearing, does not matter which, then I can't reload a saved game in SP.

So to be more specific; I mostly play SP, I would normally remove some of the features that I don't want in SP. When playing the game I would occasionally do a save game but when I go to load the save game Arma goes to an end game state and screen.

I have tested this problem carefully since the last Ace update (it did not happen before on previous Ace version). With full Ace installed in the Mod folder everything works fine but if I remove any single feature from the Ace addons folder (I have tried different ones and one at a time) then the game will not load a saved game.

Please if anyone can steer me in the right direction I'd appreciate that. I am finding this very frustrating,

P.S. I am running the latest CBA also.

I play SP as well-and I have removed several pbos. You just have to be careful that the one you remove is not dependent on another. i removed everything with the word "medical" in it and also the no idle and no radio protocol pbos. And the ace fatigue, hearing, gforce...quite a few :) It should not be an issue really.

A quick way to test-redownload ACE so you are sure you have every pbo, then just remove the no idle file. See if it works, and then go from there.

• Like 1

I play SP as well-and I have removed several pbos. You just have to be careful that the one you remove is not dependent on another. i removed everything with the word "medical" in it and also the no idle and no radio protocol pbos. And the ace fatigue, hearing, gforce...quite a few :) It should not be an issue really.

A quick way to test-redownload ACE so you are sure you have every pbo, then just remove the no idle file. See if it works, and then go from there.

Hi ineptaphid,

Thanks for your reply. I am familiar with removing the unwanted Ace pbo's. I always start with a new vanilla version of Ace, place it in the addons folder and remove only one pbo 1st to test. I make sure it has no dependencies, hearing for example is one I've tested. I test before any files are removed to ensure the save/load works then exit Arma, remove the single pbo, restart Arma then test save/load once again with a simple test mission.

Interesting side note to this; everything works fine in the editor. The exact same process will work in the editor but when I load the same mission from the SP scenarios that is where it fails. Again I'll reiterate, it all works fine with vanilla Ace 3, the problem only happens after I remove a pbo and only from the SP scenarios. To ensure the SP scenarios mission is the same as the editor version I test from the editor 1st (save/load), export the mission to SP, load the very same mission from SP scenarios, save/load, get dumped to the end of mission screen.

sucks. 

• Like 1

I've searched with a number of keywords in this thread, and googled till my skinny little fingers were worn down to nubs, but have not found the answer that I'm seeking.

What I am trying to do is have a FiredNear EH go off when a satchel (M183) charge is placed in a trigger area near a target. I can get this to work in vanilla ARMA, but not in ACE. I am guessing that in ACE the satchel will never trigger a FiredNear EH because it is placed through the interaction menu, but I don't know where to proceed from there.

Can anyone help?

PS I have implemented a workaround which is a trigger configured as such:

Activation: BLUFOR Present

Condition: this && count (nearestObjects [[1514.224,1075.530],["ACE_Explosives_Place_SatchelCharge"],3]) > 0

On Act: hint to indicate it works (in the actual mission, this would be code to set a task to succeeded)

On Deact: hint to indicate it isn't (in case a player picks up the satchel charge etc, this would set the task back to created or assigned)

This is not ideal though, I am fairly sure it won't cover all circumstances properly, whereas code that detects a charge being placed would.

everything works fine in the editor. The exact same process will work in the editor but when I load the same mission from the SP scenarios that is where it fails.

Thats pretty old issue. I was thinking it not working in Editor first. From this sentence i can advice only reporting this to Bohemia feedback tracker, but its sensless, as i reported it 1,5 year ago and its not even reviewed, and ticket mysteriously disapeared after new Feedback tracker alived.

• Like 1

Hi ineptaphid,

Thanks for your reply. I am familiar with removing the unwanted Ace pbo's. I always start with a new vanilla version of Ace, place it in the addons folder and remove only one pbo 1st to test. I make sure it has no dependencies, hearing for example is one I've tested. I test before any files are removed to ensure the save/load works then exit Arma, remove the single pbo, restart Arma then test save/load once again with a simple test mission.

Interesting side note to this; everything works fine in the editor. The exact same process will work in the editor but when I load the same mission from the SP scenarios that is where it fails. Again I'll reiterate, it all works fine with vanilla Ace 3, the problem only happens after I remove a pbo and only from the SP scenarios. To ensure the SP scenarios mission is the same as the editor version I test from the editor 1st (save/load), export the mission to SP, load the very same mission from SP scenarios, save/load, get dumped to the end of mission screen.

sucks. 

Very odd-as it is working fine for me and others. It wouldnt be another mod conflicting? Are you on Dev?

Very odd-as it is working fine for me and others. It wouldnt be another mod conflicting? Are you on Dev?

It does have the look of a mod conflict. I had a similar issue last year after one of CUP's updates as another mod had integrated CUP weapons, once CUP did an upgrade the other mod and CUP had a naming conflict (or so I was told). The thing with this ACE related issue is that the problem only happens once I remove a PBO from the ACE folder, that's the part I can't reconcile.

Anyway to answer your question, no I'm not on DEV, I'm running Stable branch. This only appeared after ACE's last update but just prior BI did a patch to Arma 3 which rendered the previous ACE version broken which forced me to move to upgrade ACE as well so the two events are related.

thanks