acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

So, I'm in central USA and battleye cannot be connected to during ARMA startup, so six .dll files in ACE3 can't be verified by the central server, so a big chunk of ACE3 is disabled. It happened to most of the group I played with friday evening/night. Just wanted to throw out a head's up. Might be fixed in the morning (saturday), and might be somewhat tangentially related to the DDOS attacks going on Friday. Ideally I would love if Battleye had a light on their webpage to indicate the status of their server; green for up, red for down. Would really help in this situation.

• Like 2

Greetings BI community users.

Today friday 21 i tried to keep working on an insurgency mission that i've been editing for the past 3 weeks and when i finally had some time to keep working on it i got this problem.

I updated to ACE 3.8 today. 

any idea why am i getting this problem?

Hello, happen to me the same

Sitting feature has been transferred to ACEX. Since you are obviously not running ACEX, you are unable to load the mission because sitting feature is no longer part of the ACE3 folder.

http://ace3mod.com/

So, I'm in central USA and battleye cannot be connected to during ARMA startup, so six .dll files in ACE3 can't be verified by the central server, so a big chunk of ACE3 is disabled. It happened to most of the group I played with friday evening/night. Just wanted to throw out a head's up. Might be fixed in the morning (saturday), and might be somewhat tangentially related to the DDOS attacks going on Friday. Ideally I would love if Battleye had a light on their webpage to indicate the status of their server; green for up, red for down. Would really help in this situation.

You could use Arma 3 Launcher to check the status of their server. Open Arma 3 Launcher, click on Batteye tab, click Play and while you still have Launcher opened and in Battleye tab you can monitor startup Battleye log messages section.

• Like 1

What's next for ACE3? Any new features in the works? I don't follow development very closely.

Rewrite of the medical system and transition to the CBA settings.

When playing, open up the pause menu and click on ACE3 options button. In the list find Group Bar setting and switch from No to Yes. See if that works.

Thanks. That worked perfectly  :)

However now I have another problem  :huh:

Previously the key for "6" would allow me to order my AI to perform Actions (Heal, Rearm, Take) and "7" allowed me to order my AI's combat mode (Safe, Stealth, Combat, Crouched, Prone, etc.) but now my "6" key seems to be offensive greandes and "7" defensive grenades.

Any idea how to return my 6 and 7 keys to their default settings?

Is the Advanced Throwing completely integrated into several parts of ACE or is there a possibility of it releasing as a standalone in the future?

Is the Advanced Throwing completely integrated into several parts of ACE or is there a possibility of it releasing as a standalone in the future?

Yes and no. Either way, we (ACE3 Team) won't be releasing any features standalone, because that is not the point of ACE3. If someone wants to, they are free to do so themselves as long as they respect the license.

Thanks. That worked perfectly  :)

However now I have another problem  :huh:

Previously the key for "6" would allow me to order my AI to perform Actions (Heal, Rearm, Take) and "7" allowed me to order my AI's combat mode (Safe, Stealth, Combat, Crouched, Prone, etc.) but now my "6" key seems to be offensive greandes and "7" defensive grenades.

Any idea how to return my 6 and 7 keys to their default settings?

Yes, when playing in the pause menu go to Options then Controls, click on Configure Addons button and from the drop down menu select ACE3 Weapons. There you should see keybinds you mentioned.

Not having those compatibility files would make ACE3 not to utilize its features on RHS content. Those ACE3 features would be weapons and ammunition ballistics, missile guidance, shrapnel system, eyewear effects, overpressure, overheating, FCS, rearm, repair, refuel, fastroping, HuntIR, sniper scopes adjustment, hearing protection and probably few others I also can't remember.

There shouldn't be any game breaking issues if ACE3 and RHS are loaded together, I believe.

From those you mentioned i have all deleted pbo's, so i'll try without compat. files.

Hi Guys, poped the mod on our server and couldn't get in. incorrect keys :(

There are a million guides on how to use keys on a server. This doesn't belong here. Sorry.

ACE error 20161023062028_1.jpg

the menu that should appear when you press the button "start" so keyboard also does not appear!

ACE error

Do a clean reinstall, you have a veeery old PBO still in there.

Greetings BI community users.

Today friday 21 i tried to keep working on an insurgency mission that i've been editing for the past 3 weeks and when i finally had some time to keep working on it i got this problem.

I updated to ACE 3.8 today. 

any idea why am i getting this problem?

http://i.imgur.com/h5AeJNJ.jpg

MOD EDIT

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANKS :)

EDIT;

After much searching I was able to fix my problem without installing AceX.

If the mission file is binarzied, you can't just simply open the mission.sqm, you would have to launch you game with all dependecies enabled (rolling ace3 back to 3.7), open the mission in the editor, un-check the "binarize on save", save the mission, go to the mission folder, open the mission.sqm in text editor, remove the dependency from the addOns and addOnsAuto (renumbing items if needed since you;re removing the ace_sitting item), save the file, close the game, launch without the dependency, go to the editor load up the mission file, check binarize again, and save, and I think you should be good to go.

Personally  I really don't see why sitting was moved from ACE3 to the silly seperate mod! I thought the idea of ACE3 was to be modular within one mod (as Jonpas a few posts above indicates!)

Cheers,

V

So pretty much all of the missions on our server are now broken because the sitting feature got removed. Why was it removed? Almost like you're trying to make it harder to use your mod  :angry:

It wasn't REmoved, just moved to ACEX. Just add that and everything should work as if nothing ever happened.

EDIT: Plus there was warnings about the feature move for at least 2-3 versions. Not so easy to miss so don't act surprised.

• Like 1

im having issues with my server and ace everytime i try to boot a mission up i got this mission could not be played due to deleted content ace_realisticnames.pbo

any body had this issue or could help me 

im having issues with my server and ace everytime i try to boot a mission up i got this mission could not be played due to deleted content ace_realisticnames.pbo

any body had this issue or could help me 

Well it sounds like you have removed the realstic names pbo from ACE. I suggest simply reinstalling ACE

Sitting feature has been transferred to ACEX. Since you are obviously not running ACEX, you are unable to load the mission because sitting feature is no longer part of the ACE3 folder.

http://ace3mod.com/

You could use Arma 3 Launcher to check the status of their server. Open Arma 3 Launcher, click on Batteye tab, click Play and while you still have Launcher opened and in Battleye tab you can monitor startup Battleye log messages section.

So, I had this issue pop up today when going to edit a mission I have been working on the last week or so.   This mission did NOT have ACE Sitting Module placed, and was built AFTER Sitting was moved to ACEX. 

In the short term I just loaded up ACEX, since I have it.  But it just seems weird that the error is popping up with no sitting module having been placed at all.

I do not know if anyone else is having the same problem, but in all missions that I create on my dedicated or my machine server, I realized that it is heavy after 30 minutes, I started using the verification system in missions and realized that in all of these missions are being born these tires, like he comes to fill the bottom of the map, someone with this bug?

vIgtPQg.jpg

Just curious if anyone else is having issues with the blood trails and if it's possible to just turn them off anywhere?

We've been seeing blood pools at the feet of the shooter, and trails doing some weird stuff (ie extending back towards the shooter etc)

So, I had this issue pop up today when going to edit a mission I have been working on the last week or so.   This mission did NOT have ACE Sitting Module placed, and was built AFTER Sitting was moved to ACEX. 

In the short term I just loaded up ACEX, since I have it.  But it just seems weird that the error is popping up with no sitting module having been placed at all.

Some ace addons are written in the addons-array in the mission.sqm as soon as you save your mission with these addons present. You don't have to place a module at all to have the mission being dependent of this. ace_realisticnames, ace_sitting, ace_cargo and some others are affected by that.

That should never be the case, but BI did mess that up with 1.60.

• Like 3

Here is a little guide for those struggling with the Ace_sitting breaking your missions if you dont use Acex (or any other addon breaking your mission), this is how I "saved" my mission:

NB!! First backup mission.sqm. I wont be held accountable for your mission if its broken.

1)  Open your mission.sqm (if its binarized, use BIS tools or any other tool to unbinarize it).

2)  Search for ace_sitting in your mission and delete them. There should be 2 instances in your mission:

1. First in the addons section. 
    "ace_sitting",

2. Second be in the class AddonsMetaData 
    class Item68
    {
      className="ace_sitting";
      name="ACE3 - Sitting";
      author="ACE-Team";
      url="http://ace3mod.com/";
    };

The Item68 will be different for each mission.

3)  Now here is the most important part. You need to rename all the Items from your ace_sitting Items to the end of the AddonsMetaData section. I recommend starting at the bottom of AddonsMetaData and just copying and pasting the the top ItemNr to the one below until you reach the ItemNr for ace_sitting ex:

class Item68
{
	className="ace_sitting";
	name="ACE3 - Sitting";
	author="ACE-Team";
};
class Item69
{
	className="rhs_c_radars";
	name="Radars";
	author="Red Hammer Studios";
	url="http://www.rhsmods.org/";
};
class Item70
{
	className="ace_scopes";
	name="ACE3 - Scopes";
	author="ACE-Team";
};

To:

class Item68
{
	className="rhs_c_radars";
	name="Radars";
	author="Red Hammer Studios";
	url="http://www.rhsmods.org/";
};
class Item69
{
	className="ace_scopes";
	name="ACE3 - Scopes";
	author="ACE-Team";
};

4)  The last step is then to go to the top of AddonsMetaData and decreasing the item nr by one ex. if item = 82 then change it to 81 ex:

class AddonsMetaData
{
	class List
	{
		items=82;
**snip** 

To:

class AddonsMetaData
{
	class List
	{
		items=81;
**snip** 

Save your mission and you should be able to edit it again.

Hope this helps. It is VERY dangerous to edit your mission.sqm and would only suggest you try and do it if you cant remake your mission.

Regards

Twak

• Like 1

Just curious if anyone else is having issues with the blood trails and if it's possible to just turn them off anywhere?

We've been seeing blood pools at the feet of the shooter, and trails doing some weird stuff (ie extending back towards the shooter etc)

We're having the same issue. Apart from the splat under the target we also get a trail perfectly evenly spaced leading up to the shooter in a straight line even if it is several hundred meters away. It looks a bit comical to say the least but the other features (pool when standing still, trails when moving etc) is just to damn nice not to be used :D

• Like 1