acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Is there any way to add the scope adjustment feature for sniper rifles with fixed (nonremovable) sight? Like "hlc_rifle_psg1" by Toadie.

I tried to do this:
class CfgWeapons
{
	class Rifle;
	class Rifle_Base_F: Rifle {};
	class My_Rifle: Rifle_Base_F
	{
		ACE_ScopeAdjust_Horizontal[] = {-10,10};
		ACE_ScopeAdjust_HorizontalIncrement = 0.5;

and this

class CfgWeapons
{
	class Rifle;
	class Rifle_Base_F: Rifle {};
	class My_Rifle: Rifle_Base_F
	{
		class OpticsModes
		{
			class Scope
			{
		         ACE_ScopeAdjust_Horizontal[] = {-10,10};
		         ACE_ScopeAdjust_HorizontalIncrement = 0.5;

but it does not work =(

Hey guys, there seems to be an issue with the APEX Drakon (big ass UAV) mod in conjunction with ACE. One has to manually load armaments before one can use it by placing/parking close to a HEMMT Ammo and then open up an arming screen via the drop down menu. When running ACE as well, this option does not appear in the drop down list and the arming screen can't be opend. Any idea what might be the problem?

Question, when you reload, or check your weapon, be it assault rifle, or pistol, or even an at weapon what file makes that picture at the top right of your screen under the ammo count show up?

im referring to the box that shows your clip and lets say you check your ammo and you have half a clip, that box shows the actual clip of your weapon and then little lines representing

the number of bullets you have left, what file is that, im missing that feature, was that removed in the latest version or am i just missing a file?

I didn't have that file in with my two other mods, i must have removed it on mistake forgetting what the file does, but Im using IFA3WarMod and A3WarMod,

had no issues before just didn't have the file in there, i been recompiling the mod and probably removed it by mistake, thanks for the info.

Hmmm does anyone else have problems with IR strobes going out after awhile?

• Like 1

Not going out, but mine like to stick to foliage (forever)

Is there a place to find an exact description of what the "optional" pbo's do specifically?  More specifically the RHS pbos?

AND are they dependent on any other ACE pbos/modules?

Thanks 

Hey all, got a quick question need some help with.  Sorry the CONFIG are still not my strongest suite.

Anyways i noticed not all Static weapons are suppported to add into Cargo, and a bug report [https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/4205] was already opened.  Aside from that though maybe its per design and i want to customize it.

So on the WIKI it states the below.  But i'm having no luck placing this in the serverconfig.hpp and/or in mission description.ext file.  Is the below right?  and if so, where do i put it in?  Thanks!

class staticBananaLauncher {
    class B_static_AT_F {
        ace_cargo_size = 1;  // Cargo space the object takes
        ace_cargo_canLoad = 1;  // Enables the object to be loaded (1-yes, 0-no)
    };
};

It doesn't work like that. You have to edit the addon config space. The only way to do that is to make a mod and everyone would need that mod.

It doesn't work like that. You have to edit the addon config space. The only way to do that is to make a mod and everyone would need that mod.

Ah bummer, ok thanks for the reply.

Guys,

Can I get a little help on removing ACE3 from a mission? It's lovely and I for one will miss ladders and the tactical possibilities it brings.  I've deleted the modules from the mission editor, but it seems I also have to edit the sqm by hand.

I'm familiar with the addons [] division, but there are lots of possibilities for damaging the sqm beyond repair, particularly in the classcustomattributes for each man unit.

Other than "edit it really carefully!", is there any other guidance?

Guys,

Can I get a little help on removing ACE3 from a mission? It's lovely and I for one will miss ladders and the tactical possibilities it brings.  I've deleted the modules from the mission editor, but it seems I also have to edit the sqm by hand.

I'm familiar with the addons [] division, but there are lots of possibilities for damaging the sqm beyond repair, particularly in the classcustomattributes for each man unit.

Other than "edit it really carefully!", is there any other guidance?

I've been struggling with this as well and been thinking about asking the possibilities of having it not auto show on edited missions...but for now you can't run ACE when editing missions or this will happen whether you place modules or not...  I think it may be because how they integrate it into EDEN settings?  Not sure...

I tried to hand edit the sqm.... it didn't go at all well.

In lieu of any other help, I'm making the sqm from fresh in the 3den editor. I am lucky because I have a second machine here, so I load the ACE version into 3den on one machine, on the other, in a new editor, without loading ACE, I manually recreate all my units, modules and markers. 

Now to remove ACE stuff from the rest of the mission folder.

I am having an issue. When I try to use the ACE Self Interact or the ACE interact, the menu flies off the screen. (reference video below).  This does not happen to anyone else in the server I am playing with. All mods are alike. All mods (including ACE3) have been uninstalled, deleted, redownloaded, etc.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Set "Keep cursor centered" to false. It doesn't work on small monitors or something like that.

• Like 2

In current ACE3 version is it possible to enable fading User Interface which i can customize in options? I'm angry because now i have only two options: No HUD, or limited HUD which is all time on my screen.

Hello to everybody

one month ago we passed to a dedicated linux server

now we have this problem: with ace mod when we start a mission it goes directly in game and doesn't stop in the map briefing anymore

ace mod and all other stuff seem to work, we have only this problem

mods:

ACE3 CBA RHS don't show briefing map

CBA RHS show briefing map

dedicated server linux

thank you

In current ACE3 version is it possible to enable fading User Interface which i can customize in options? I'm angry because now i have only two options: No HUD, or limited HUD which is all time on my screen.

It is not an option in ACE Settings - User Interface, but you can set fade just like in vanilla, go to Options -> Game -> Difficulty, so it's the same as in vanilla. However, I will look into making it a fully client-side setting like everything else.

• Like 2

Set "Keep cursor centered" to false. It doesn't work on small monitors or something like that.

That works mate! Thank you so much!  It was not doing this previously with it set to true and started happening all of a sudden. Note: I am using 32" monitor. 

Regardless, this fixed the issue. Thank you so much for your help and swiftness.

• Like 1

I have a question about the medical system and revive..I am running CBA ACE and RHS..for example on a BMR insurgency mission do I need to complately remove the BTC Revive in order for ACE to work properly? I have the basic medical I am using..set up medic trucks and medical facilities have the respawn and revive module set up but still cannot get revive to work. I have it set to using the epi pen and everyone anywhere can revive. I read the documentation on Github but still am unable to get it work correctly..can anyone share there settings using the revive and respawn so I am sure I have it set up correctly.

Diesel

I know you guys improved the damage models by a lot (thankfully), but I wonder is it possible to make the body armor work like body armor. Thus actually stop projectiles they are rated for, instead of function as they do now which is like a damage reducer. It's something i'm just wondering about, since it is realistic but never heard of or atleast recall anyone trying to do it.

I am having difficulties to run RHS USAF and AFRF with ACE3..

I have latest version of each mode. I put the two pbo files in optional folder to a nee @ACE_RHS folder (ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo and ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo)

When I run my mission singleplayer all works fine but when I start it from dedicated server I get following errors in rpt file

6   Error Missing ]
16:09:46 File z\ace\addons\fcs\initKeybinds.sqf, line 3
16:09:46 Error in expression <,
_currentName,
localize format [LSTRING(%1), _currentName],
_code,
{false},
[_k>
16:09:46   Error position: <(%1), _currentName],
_code,
{false},
[_k>
16:09:46   Error Missing ]
16:09:46 File z\ace\addons\gestures\XEH_postInit.sqf, line 23
_currentName,
_code,
{false},
[_k>
_code,
{false},
[_k>
16:09:46 Error in expression <4500_KestrelDialogKey", localize LSTRING(KestrelDialogKey),
{

if !([ACE_player,>
16:09:46   Error position: <(KestrelDialogKey),
{

if !([ACE_player,>
16:09:46 File z\ace\addons\kestrel4500\initKeybinds.sqf, line 1
16:09:46 Error in expression <4500_KestrelDialogKey", localize LSTRING(KestrelDialogKey),
{

if !([ACE_player,>
{

if !([ACE_player,>
16:09:46 Error in expression <listics_ProtractorKey", localize LSTRING(ProtractorKey),
{

if !([ACE_player, ob>
16:09:46   Error position: <(ProtractorKey),
{

if !([ACE_player, ob>
16:09:46 File z\ace\addons\advanced_ballistics\initKeybinds.sqf, line 1
16:09:46 Error in expression <listics_ProtractorKey", localize LSTRING(ProtractorKey),
{

if !([ACE_player, ob>
{

if !([ACE_player, ob>
16:09:46 [20904,134.331,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=false, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=true, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=0, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=3"]
16:09:46 Error in expression <[_this select 0] call ace_common_fnc_executePersistent>
16:09:46   Error position: <ace_common_fnc_executePersistent>
16:09:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_common_fnc_executepersistent
16:09:46 Error in expression <_this call ace_interact_menu_fnc_compileMenu;_this >
16:09:46   Error position: <ace_interact_menu_fnc_compileMenu;_this >
16:09:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_interact_menu_fnc_compilemenu
16:09:48 Error in expression <[_this select 0] call ace_common_fnc_executePersistent>
16:09:48   Error position: <ace_common_fnc_executePersistent>
16:09:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_common_fnc_executepersistent
16:09:48 Error in expression <_this call ace_interact_menu_fnc_compileMenu;_this >
16:09:48   Error position: <ace_interact_menu_fnc_compileMenu;_this >
16:09:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_interact_menu_fnc_compilemenu
16:14:16  Mission id: 153b3b1ec5e0564ccd14fdcb8c8aee1610450bf0

any idea what might be the issue? I cannot open the interraction menu during the game

I've been running into an issue where my self interaction actions stop working (spray paint, attach item). I don't know exactly when they stop working or how to reliably reproduce. Is there any way to reset or jump start the interaction system mid-mission?

Cheers

I am having difficulties to run RHS USAF and AFRF with ACE3..

I have latest version of each mode. I put the two pbo files in optional folder to a nee @ACE_RHS folder (ace_compat_rhs_afrf3.pbo and ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo)

When I run my mission singleplayer all works fine but when I start it from dedicated server I get following errors in rpt file

6   Error Missing ]
16:09:46 File z\ace\addons\fcs\initKeybinds.sqf, line 3
_currentName,
_code,
{false},
[_k>
_code,
{false},
[_k>
_currentName,
_code,
{false},
[_k>
_code,
{false},
[_k>
{

if !([ACE_player,>
{

if !([ACE_player,>
{

if !([ACE_player,>
{

if !([ACE_player,>
{

if !([ACE_player, ob>
{

if !([ACE_player, ob>
{

if !([ACE_player, ob>
{

if !([ACE_player, ob>
16:09:46 [20904,134.331,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=false, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=true, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=0, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=3"]
16:09:46 Error in expression <[_this select 0] call ace_common_fnc_executePersistent>
16:09:46   Error position: <ace_common_fnc_executePersistent>
16:09:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_common_fnc_executepersistent
16:09:46 Error in expression <_this call ace_interact_menu_fnc_compileMenu;_this >
16:09:46   Error position: <ace_interact_menu_fnc_compileMenu;_this >
16:09:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_interact_menu_fnc_compilemenu
16:09:48 Error in expression <[_this select 0] call ace_common_fnc_executePersistent>
16:09:48   Error position: <ace_common_fnc_executePersistent>
16:09:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_common_fnc_executepersistent
16:09:48 Error in expression <_this call ace_interact_menu_fnc_compileMenu;_this >
16:09:48   Error position: <ace_interact_menu_fnc_compileMenu;_this >
16:09:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_interact_menu_fnc_compilemenu
16:14:16  Mission id: 153b3b1ec5e0564ccd14fdcb8c8aee1610450bf0

any idea what might be the issue? I cannot open the interraction menu during the game

Ive been having issues with ACE and RHS as well..I read on the ACE site you need to put the 2 pbo files and the 2 bisign files into the "addons" folder INSIDE the ACE folder. Supposed to copy them from the "optionals" folder inside the ACE folder and also merge the userconfig f9older with the useconfig folder in the main arma directory.