acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hi to all!

I have such message on black background after firing with any weapon:

Error file z\ace\addons\common\functions\fnc_changeprojectiledirection.sqf, line 21

2016_03_02_00025.jpg

Others are working well.

I found what was the problem. The problem is Dagger Scopes Mod for ACE. Without it ACE works correctly.

First; great work! The jams are real now lol ^

Sec; Me and some friends(not all of them) do have some interaction problems since last update.

When we're trying to open the interaction menu with the Windows Key the game Alt-Tabs out.

Only thing we changed is disabling BE for the time being as DLLS fail to load cause BE.

Are we alone on this one? :mellow:

First; great work! The jams are real now lol ^

Sec; Me and some friends(not all of them) do have some interaction problems since last update.

When we're trying to open the interaction menu with the Windows Key the game Alt-Tabs out.

Only thing we changed is disabling BE for the time being as DLLS fail to load cause BE.

Are we alone on this one? :mellow:

That started happening to me last update. Simply changed interaction keys to 1 and 2- no issues now.

Hi Guys I'm still finding this Revive Bug.

We are using basic medical system with the Revive System ON, Prevent Instant Death OFF.

We have the revive time set to 180 seconds.

We tend to find that people who go unconscious and wake up on their own accord or if someone gives them enough morphine to wake up their Revive count down timer doesn't stop, meaning after 3 minutes unless players have been given epinephrine they can be just running along and will randomly fall over and die and go into spectator mode. Also if the Zeus wakes a player up using a the ACE modules they too will still fall over dead unless they are given EpiPen within those 3 minutes even though they are awake.

It seems the revive system is linked directly to the Epinephrine pen rather than if the patient is conscious or not. This means if a vehicle explodes or something large happens and a number of player go unconscious briefly and wake up, none of them know if they were fatally unconscious and need a epipen or if they were shock unconscious and just need to bandage. This usually leads to multiple people screaming at the medic to give them EpiPen.

This is a particularly frustrating bug when you have a significant event and there is no medic, but you can bandage, morphine, CPR and make players wake up only to have them still just fall over dead even though they were conscious at the 3 minute mark.

ACE 3 have alot nice additions, sad what |alot of them|) isn't ai compatible, by the reason disabling explosive system now.

ferwindjacks, on 03 Mar 2016 - 12:51, said:

That started happening to me last update. Simply changed interaction keys to 1 and 2- no issues now.

Fixed. Starting with Arma3.exe gave me these issues. Now BE validated the ACE dlls I'm starting again with Arma3battleeye.exe.

Rekkless 

My group and I experience the same problems with revive. MIssions are usually revive only ,prevent instant death, basic medical system. We usually get the problem when a person goes down, medic bandages, gives blood , morphine, then epi to bring them back. Player comes back for about 1 sec and passes out again. Medic can find nothing wrong now, so in goes another epi and usually the player just dies, sometimes we will have another person work on the down player and the down player will pop back up. It is such a weird/random bug. We have not found way to reproduce it, hence no way to really report it to bug tracking. We may play 3-4 missions in one night and it never happen or it may happen in all of them. It may only effect one person playing and everyone else is fine or it sometimes effects 2-3 ppl. It can be really frustrating when mission is revive only with no respawn. Player that dies either has to rejoin server,which by now mission is pretty far along and hard to get back to the team. Or we blow out the mission and start over. If I can ever figure out how to consistently reproduce the problem I will report it.

Nomad

How to use rangefinder to find range?

Tab.

Hey Realthing,

could you please send me that message of your error about Dagger Scopes + ACE?

I can´t open it in the forums, so I have no idea about how to fix it.

Thank you!

Hey Realthing,

could you please send me that message of your error about Dagger Scopes + ACE?

I can´t open it in the forums, so I have no idea about how to fix it.

Thank you!

Hi, QuickDagger! Of course!

"Error file z\ace\addons\common\functions\fnc_changeprojectiledirection.sqf, line 21"

Do you need a printscreen maybe? Just say me!

Rekkless 

My group and I experience the same problems with revive. MIssions are usually revive only ,prevent instant death, basic medical system. We usually get the problem when a person goes down, medic bandages, gives blood , morphine, then epi to bring them back. Player comes back for about 1 sec and passes out again. Medic can find nothing wrong now, so in goes another epi and usually the player just dies, sometimes we will have another person work on the down player and the down player will pop back up. It is such a weird/random bug. We have not found way to reproduce it, hence no way to really report it to bug tracking. We may play 3-4 missions in one night and it never happen or it may happen in all of them. It may only effect one person playing and everyone else is fine or it sometimes effects 2-3 ppl. It can be really frustrating when mission is revive only with no respawn. Player that dies either has to rejoin server,which by now mission is pretty far along and hard to get back to the team. Or we blow out the mission and start over. If I can ever figure out how to consistently reproduce the problem I will report it.

Nomad

Well to reproduce it it is really quite easy.

First of all get rid of prevent instant death. There is no need to run that if you are going to have revive on. As the revive script will catch the player before they die and put them in an unconscious state if they have enough revives left.

But having prevent instant death on your just putting yet another barrier / script in the way of having the players die when they are supposed to.

I've played on a server that had 3 revives and prevent instant death. I went unconscious 15 times before I eventually died and went into spectator mode, I find it really messes with the mission having both enabled.

anyway if you want to reproduce it the easiest way is have the settings I have. Revive on, set it to 1 or 2 revives, for the purposes of testing the quickest way would be 1 revive with a 60 second revive timer.

Go into battle and if a player goes down don't administer epi pen. Just bandage, morphine and blood bag and the player should wake up. There is a good chance they will wake up after a morphine or two.

If you can do that within 60 seconds and the player is running around at the 60 second mark the player will fall over and die because they weren't given Epi even though they were conscious and at full health / blood.

Like you this bug seems a little inconsistent, some times missions go off without a hitch. Other times players will die left right and center while in a conscious state.

Also I'm not sure if currently CPR with the basic medical system resets the revive timer. I can't confirm, but I had a player die last night right after I finished giving them CPR (I was waiting for a medic to arrive, I can't remember if the patient was still bleeding or in pain) for the second time and they died right there and then.

Hi Guys,

Im getting an error when i load up my ARMA with ace, it does not prevent me playing as i can just close it, 

\ladder not defined as class/now scope/ 

something a long those lines, have you seen this before?

Hey guys,

I have two questions:

1. Can I somehow force a player to sit on a specific chair?

2. Can I remove and readd the interaction on an specific object (like a specific Ammocrate?)

Many Greetings
Moony

Hello ACE team! 

wondering if you can help with an issue that has come about since last ACE update.

We run TVT missions and we had this code in init.sqf so that a death message would show when you got killed by someone on the opposite team. (Same as friendly fire msgs but with opposing teams). But unfortunately it has stopped working and nothing shows now.

// Ace Death Messages
ace_respawn_fnc_showfriendlyfiremessage = { 

private ["_unit", "_killer"];

_unit = _this select 0;
_killer = _this select 1;

if (_unit != _killer) then {
systemChat format ["%1 was killed by %2", [_unit] call ace_common_fnc_getname, [_killer] call ace_common_fnc_getname];
["killedByFriendly", [_unit, _killer]] call ace_common_fnc_globalEvent;
};
};

I´ve seen some feedback that the latest CBA version was causing some issues with ACE3, but if you use it (like me) on singleplayer, beware: trying to load saved games causes arma3 to CTD... the fix is to revert cba to the december 2015 version (v 2.2.0) and the saved games work again, but you´ll lose all beneficts of the latest version =P

I hope the devs can resolve this incompactibility (it seems to be a problem of arma3 1.56 handling poorly serializations introduced by the latest cba, or so...), thou it is a little masochist, I love to use ACE3 on SP lol

cheers!

I removed "smalarms" and "realisticnames" pbos, but in game: names still changed same as "small arms" characteristics.

I´ve seen some feedback that the latest CBA version was causing some issues with ACE3, but if you use it (like me) on singleplayer, beware: trying to load saved games causes arma3 to CTD... the fix is to revert cba to the december 2015 version (v 2.2.0) and the saved games work again, but you´ll lose all beneficts of the latest version =P

I hope the devs can resolve this incompactibility (it seems to be a problem of arma3 1.56 handling poorly serializations introduced by the latest cba, or so...), thou it is a little masochist, I love to use ACE3 on SP lol

All correct, except that the serialization isn't made by CBA. v2.2.0 might work because certain feature of ACE aren't initialized in the first place.

Might not look like it, but I am actively working on this.

• Like 1

Can you guys update the feature wiki as from your updates, theres missing listings.

Also ace_ragdolls.pbo is missing from the new update.

What are you missing specifically?

As written in the changelog, the ragdolls module has been removed because BI tweaked the ragdolls themselves with 1.56, deprecating the changes from the module.

• Like 1

Is it me and my group or are others seeing that in Advanced Medical, it takes way more bandages to heal a wound than it did before the update ?

Curious and thanks !

What are you missing specifically?

As written in the changelog, the ragdolls module has been removed because BI tweaked the ragdolls themselves with 1.56, deprecating the changes from the module.

For the wiki theres new files in the mod itself that are not listed on the wiki.

For the ragdolls, I didn't read that, Im just updating my mod that has ace in it and when i load it with the old ragdolls file i can continue my game because that file is out of date,

so just wondering why it was left out, but as suggested i will review the changelogs in the future.

Hi all can we tow vehicles with ace if not is it planned?

How does Fastrope work?
I put the module FRIES module down on map. When i sit in a heli (Vanilla), with AI pilot, and I sit in the back, i get no options with Interaction key? 
What am I missing?