acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Is there a place where we can ask questions and have some answers about ACE ? Or maybe this topic is dead ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

really, I complained before, and nothing worked, this stamina business is very bad, it doesn't even seem like the character is really a soldier, it looks like a 12 year old asthmatic girl who can't run 100m, horrible, I already edited advanced_fatigue and nothing solved it, it's still bad, as I remember it was for him to be able to run with 30Kg on his back for about 20Km. please, please give a buff to this stamina.

Sadly there does not seem much you can do to alter the fatigue system.  Even with it turned off there can still be a lot of shake on the gun aim until you have been stationary for a while.

I know it is a bit of cop-out but have you tried:

// Disable player fatigue
   player enableFatigue false;
   player addEventhandler ["Respawn", {player enableFatigue false}];

@calahan59 I don't think this is a dead thread but there is a Slack channel.

S

1 hour ago, calahan59 said:

Is there a place where we can ask questions and have some answers about ACE ? Or maybe this topic is dead ?

good question, why on Steam he leaves comments disabled.

4 minutes ago, strider42 said:

Sadly there does not seem much you can do to alter the fatigue system.  Even with it turned off there can still be a lot of shake on the gun aim until you have been stationary for a while.

I know it is a bit of cop-out but have you tried:

// Disable player fatigue
   player enableFatigue false;
   player addEventhandler ["Respawn", {player enableFatigue false}];

S

never tried, I will try.

ACE Fatigue and Stamina System Remover

Our group developed a simple enough addon that simply removes the ACE fatigue system while in play and resets weapon sway and recoil rates to something closer to ArmA 2 values. I am assuming that there are numerous other options that do do the same but for the sake of ease, i have pasted a link here for you download and use; 

Battleboys Stamina Remover at MediaFire

The end result of using this addon is that you don' t have to alter your build for ACE. 

Theopolus

• Like 3

On 2/20/2021 at 2:09 PM, theopolus said:

ACE Fatigue and Stamina System Remover

Our group developed a simple enough addon that simply removes the ACE fatigue system while in play and resets weapon sway and recoil rates to something closer to ArmA 2 values. I am assuming that there are numerous other options that do do the same but for the sake of ease, i have pasted a link here for you download and use; 

Battleboys Stamina Remover at MediaFire

The end result of using this addon is that you don' t have to alter your build for ACE. 

Theopolus

thank you very much, the way the ACE put it was horrible, a very large occulation, absurd tiredness, as if the soldier had not been trained for this.

1 hour ago, Heero Yuy said:

thank you very much, the way the ACE put it was horrible, a very large occulation, absurd tiredness, as if the soldier had not been trained for this.

We got it the first five times you said it, thank you.

• Like 3

an idea for those who have knowledge of programming and interest, an ACE3 2.0. with a vastly increased stamina, weapon stability closer to a combatant, adrenaline effects equal to that of ArmA 2, improved NVG and closer to the real, and of course this would apply to Npc's enemies as well. it is just a basic idea and creates, I think that in ACE there are many things to improve.

Dear devs, I like ACE stamina, it's incredibly flexible and I can tune it how I want.

Thanks for all the work you put into it. 

• Like 5

Why doesn't Ace have a kick door open option, it already has hand gestures so why not add a good old door kicking animation with sound.

• Like 1

Dear Devs, I like all of ACE 3 - my group like almost all of ACE 3 - somewhere in the middle we meet and play this 8 year old game every week and enjoy the hell out of it. Thanks for all your hard work. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

an idea for those who have knowledge of programming and interest, an ACE3 2.0. with a vastly increased stamina,

So less like reality? How long do you think someone can run with 20 or 30kg of kit before it starts to affect accuracy?

weapon stability closer to a combatant,

So increase weapon sway massively then? Because its currently way too easy to shoot stuff.

improved NVG and closer to the real

So you want the NVG to be noisier and only focus on one distance?

Ignoring the fact that real life isn't how you might think it is, all of these thing you can do to at least some extent in ACE as is by adjusting the settings.

• Like 1

Dear devs, ACE3 is great. Beautifully customisable  and wonderfully open source.  Incidentally, my community plays with tougher than default stamina settings and have no complaints. Perhaps we just carry less stuff.

Thank you for all your work

• Like 6

Dear Devs, If I would not like the realism ACE brought to me in this game, I would switch it off with no hesitation. But, being ex-serviceman, I'm tellingu you - I will never ever do it! I would rather uninstall the whole @damn$ game than remove ACE from it!

• Like 4

On 2/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, mjolnir66 said:

So less like reality? How long do you think someone can run with 20 or 30kg of kit before it starts to affect accuracy?

So increase weapon sway massively then? Because its currently way too easy to shoot stuff.

So you want the NVG to be noisier and only focus on one distance?

Ignoring the fact that real life isn't how you might think it is, all of these thing you can do to at least some extent in ACE as is by adjusting the settings.

I do not remember talking about the accuracy, but the character didn’t manage to run more than 100m, I was very clear about that. but answering your question I can run up to 15KM until my aim is unstable and after that I can solve it by holding my breath.
NVG I don’t even have to comment, just get good quality videos on Youtube from real NVG and compare it to what’s in the game, which you’ll understand.

1 minute ago, Heero Yuy said:

I do not remember talking about the accuracy, but the character didn’t manage to run more than 100m, I was very clear about that. but answering your question I can run up to 15KM until my aim is unstable and after that I can solve it by holding my breath.
NVG I don’t even have to comment, just get good quality videos on Youtube from real NVG and compare it to what’s in the game, which you’ll understand.

I'm literally a soldier and have been for over a decade now, I don't need youtube videos to tell me anything. 

• Like 3

Stop this stupid argument, you can easily get both sides of the spectrum by modifying values in addon options.

14 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

I can run up to 15KM until my aim is unstable and after that I can solve it by holding my breath.

In which game did you do that? 🤣😆😂 Man, do it once IRL and we'll talk.

• Like 3

Quick question about units stuck in vehicles after a crash: I THINK this is an ACE issue, but haven't confirmed, so I thought I'd ask here first in case it's a "known" bug that folks might instantly recognize. My unit frequently encounters helicopter crashes where a player, sometimes a pilot, sometimes a crewman, is stuck, even though they are conscious of the burning vehicle around them. He or she has no interactions available. Sometimes curators can teleport them out, but often this doesn't work, and only respawn solves the problem. Our suspicion is that it's some bug where the helicopter takes catastrophic damage that SHOULD kill the occupants, but instead, they receive a ton of ACE style damage. We have insta-kill turned off in the settings. Does this sound like a known issue that anyone has heard of?

Side note: I love ACE and the numerous options for customization. Huge thanks to the development team for both keeping it alive and making clever iterations. ampersand38 is a hero of mine!

We have the same issue, we use another mod that has a chance to eject crew/passengers as a workaround for it.

I it possible to set up ACE so that NVG's are not noisy and full screen.  I ask because that is the situation we have on a dedicated server.  I'm wondering if the ACE setup has failed, not that we see any errors.  Anyone else seen this issue?  S

Hello and thank you guys for ruining my game every time.I won't even bother tell you about medical and explosives+singleplayer because i think it's alredy been discussed far too many times.Every time something doesn't work in my editing or just playing,ace is 90% resposinble.I don't expect neither answer nor a solution.I just wanted to say it's a HUGH pity.Such a great mod not to be working correctly and after so many updates.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, major_barnes1987 said:

medical and explosives+singleplayer because i think it's alredy been discussed far too many times

Would you mind telling us about those discussed issues?

1 hour ago, canadian1337 said:

Would you mind telling us about those discussed issues?

Sometimes the AI won't heal you in singleplayer making this big part of the mod useless.And the script: "allowDamage false" doesn't work,i still die.

And i can't play the East Wind campaign because of medical and exlosives.I remember ace medical breaks the mission 4 in bootcamp because you can't heal the AAF survivor and you stuck.And ace exlosives breaks the first mission in Survive episode where you must destroy the blackfoot wreck and you stuck there too.Maybe this happens to other missions and campaigns i don't know.I want to experience the campaigns with ace.Is this too much to ask?

• Confused 1