acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Well, I figured it out. Just made a text file inside of the ace folder in user config, and renamed it serverconfig.hpp. Worked.

So it doesnt seem like the cookoff probabilty setting is working.

No matter what I set it to, even .1 vehicles ALWAYS cook off when they die. 

Any way to fix this?

Its happening with CUP, GM, and vanilla

ACE Version 3.13.4 Released

Requires CBA Version 3.15.0 or later and Arma 3 Version 1.98 or later.

Change Log Summary can be viewed on GitHub here.

If you're looking to chat with us be sure to join our public Slack group!

• Like 5

is there any manual which explains how to use the fall of shot information of nite to correct mortar fires? 😕

Hi All

has anyone had this issue with ACE3? With the mod enabled, while aiming or shooting, the framerate drops to a level where Arma 3 is unplayable. With the mod disabled, Arma 3 runs fine.

ive played with a few of the options mainly in the Weapons page but has not made any difference. 

has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix for it?

thanks

Have you turned advanced ballistics on? That is the only setting I can think of that might have an affect on FPS with regards to shooting other than perhaps tracers...

With Advanced Ballistics, it makes no difference if it’s enabled or disabled its the same.

as for the settings, the Ace3 settings are the default settings. In Arma i have reduced some of the graphic settings from ultra to high thinking the problem was with arma.

Ace3 has been enabled since day one. I thought the issue was my pc not being able to run arma so I stopped playing arma for quite a while. A few days ago i fired it up again. Of course the issue was still there. I decided to research it online. I found a post where someone says that Ace3 was the problem but he did not have a solution for it. I disabled Ace3 and Arma run like its never run before, smooth as. Its definitely Ace3 but i dont know where the problem is.

12 hours ago, Jem777 said:

Hi All

has anyone had this issue with ACE3? With the mod enabled, while aiming or shooting, the framerate drops to a level where Arma 3 is unplayable. With the mod disabled, Arma 3 runs fine.

ive played with a few of the options mainly in the Weapons page but has not made any difference. 

thanks

Moved and merged your thread to the correct location.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jem777 said:

Hi All

thanks

i had the same issue when i had 4gb of ram but when i upgraded to 12gb this issue is no longer happening for me

I have 16gb of ram! Was your problem the same thing? And if you disabled Ace3 there was no drop in framerate?

37 minutes ago, Jem777 said:

I have 16gb of ram! Was your problem the same thing? And if you disabled Ace3 there was no drop in framerate?

yes, it didnt happend when i disabled ace 3 

may i ask how many sound samples you are using ?

Edit: i meant sound sources 
and does your sound frequency is set to 48000 

are you using other mods along with it, i remember enhanced sound scape and JSRS also gaved me that issue 

Im not sure what you mean by sound sources? Is that a setting in Arma 3 or Ace3? And 48000 in windows do you mean? If so I haven’t changed any of the default sound settings in Windows or in Arma.

im using Alive and CBA. They are the only mods.

5 minutes ago, Jem777 said:

Im not sure what you mean by sound sources? Is that a setting in Arma 3 or Ace3? And 48000 in windows do you mean? If so I haven’t changed any of the default sound settings in Windows or in Arma.

im using Alive and CBA. They are the only mods.

strange, did you tried to disable Alive ?

and you said while aiming as well ? what is you object/view distance  and is the ace dynamic view distance disabled as well ?

I havent disabled Alive but it is worth trying, i will give that a go. The view distance is whatever the default is. Ill find where it is and maybe change it so its closer. The dynamic view distance isn’t disabled. Ill try Alive after lunch and check the dynamic view distance.

and yes while aiming. As soon as i click the mouse button to zoom in the frames drop to like 1-2 frames a sec.

AirShark, now i know why you are a Sergeant and im a Private, i disabled Alive and it all worked fine. Then I deleted the @Alive folder and copied a fresh version into the Arma 3 folder. Now, it looks like the problem is fixed. I played it for about 5 mins but im pretty sure its fixed, ill give it a go again tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

We are having a problem, apparently some people are bugging out and become invincible, they can amass many injuries and bleed but it doesnt show the amount of bleeding, apparently some say entering and leaving a vehicle fixes it and it looks like AI do not target people in this invincible state. 

We haven´t really made any other change than introducing the mod "Chemical Wafare" and Firewill Harrier and F-14 Tomcat with uniform and crew packs. After removing Chemical Warfare it´s not fixed, i dont believe firewill its the cause as before we had Eurofighters and just changed to another plane, anybody got a clue about it?

Edit: So i removed Freestyle Crash Landing mod and its fixed.

EDIT 2: apparently its not fixed

I'm experiencing problems with a community server I'm a part of.
This issue has been occurring since ACE3 added the ability to go into a ragdoll state when unconscious.

The server is running with over 50 mods and 100+ people.
During the game, when a player becomes unconscious and regains consciousness, their location and motion information will be out of sync with some other players.
When an asynchronous player re-enters the server, it will be synchronized.

I can't think of a way to fix this problem and I don't plan to ask for it.

I just want to disable the unconscious ragdoll.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but can you tell me how to make it go down suddenly like it did before?

It's this server. https://triserver.com/

Has anyone else noticed a return of the invincible AI with the last update to the medical system?
One thing we noticed with the new medical system was AI could be hit in the limbs with entire mag dumps and would rarely die or even lose consciousness. 
We tweaked away at settings until we found something that seemed much more balanced/realistic.

However, since the last update, our tweaked settings no longer work if the hit limb is either arm. We can now mag dump 7.62x51 at point blank range into AI's arms putting them in severe pain with fractures and multiple serious injuries but they never lose consciousness unless they struggle to bandage themselves up before bleeding out. (Wounds to legs still behave as expected)

What makes this particularly problematic is that many weapon stances mean a lot of the target's torso is covered from the front by either the weapon or the left arm. Given the AI seems to have no reaction to getting injured (no flinching etc.) unless it dies or loses consciousness, this can result in 'terminator' like AI as their weapon deflects or front arm soaks up huge amounts of incoming fire to the torso and the AI is still able to fire back, it seems, as accurately as normal. 

Having spent quite a long time tweaking the new medical system to get a balance our group likes, this seems to be a large step backwards so I was interested to see if others have experience similar issues?

One interesting thing that suggests this might be a bug is that in the ACE3 Virtual Arsenal, arm wounds no longer show up on the AI. (I.e. an arm never changes colour to yellow/red etc. unlike other body parts.)

Yes, i'm also notice this problem with invincible AI and therefore just removed all files "medical" of addon folder. For medical system i'm use Project Injury Reaction mod.

I posted this over in the editing section of the forums but thought I might catch some smart people here in the mods actual thread.

Does anyone know how I would add ACE_ConcertinaWireCoil to a supply box at the config level? Trying to add them to a support box to air lift in.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

What would be an amazing addition to this is an improvement to the "cook off" module where isntead of exploding, vehicles have a change to just catch fire and slowly burn. The fire could do damage to the people inside as long as they are in it. 

This mod does it somewhat

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1352522482

But its kinda janky and the vehicle being on fire doesnt hurt everyone inside. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dragonfire43560 said:

What would be an amazing addition to this is an improvement to the "cook off" module where isntead of exploding, vehicles have a change to just catch fire and slowly burn. The fire could do damage to the people inside as long as they are in it. 

This mod does it somewhat

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1352522482

But its kinda janky and the vehicle being on fire doesnt hurt everyone inside. 

that mod is really nice addition except am getting RPT error with it would be cool if the ace team can create something similar 

Is there any way to completely disable the medical system without having to remove the medical pbos. I have the medical options I would imagine affect that all turned off, and a single revive set up, but in game when shot there's still the pain and bleeding effects while also being invulnerable.

Hi everyone,

I've been playing with ace for a few months and at first with when I took my pulse or checked my blood pressure, I came up with numbers, example: Blood pressure is 51/54. Shortly after, it started to come out in a simpler way, but for me it was better, example: The pulse is normal.

The problem is that at times it comes out with the first example and sometimes with the second, but I want it to be the 2nd format at all times since for me it is more comfortable. Does anyone know how I could do it?

Thanks, greetings and sorry for my English as a translator.