acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

For some reason when I'm trying to find a position on the map with the MicroDAGR and the Vector 21, the position isn't accurate. 

I'm trying to do something like this and mark the location on the map - 

Did anyone had the same issue and solved it or may explain to me why it's not accurate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone else had issues with ACE3 Scope adjustments stopping working part the way into a mission?

It seems to revert back to Vanilla scope adjustment despite force turret adjustment being set to on.

So always starts working but something mid mission seems to revert it back to Vanilla.

To clarify, the tumblers still 'animate' showing adjustments but the weapon always seems to be zeroed to a very short distance - which seems to be the vanilla zero distance. I.e. the ACE3 scope settings have no effect at all..

ACE Version 3.13.2 Released

Requires CBA Version 3.15.0 or later and Arma 3 Version 1.98 or later.

Change Log Summary can be viewed on GitHub here.

ACEX Version 3.5.2 Released

Requires ACE Version 3.13.2 or later.

Change Log Summary can be viewed on GitHub here.

If you're looking to chat with us be sure to join our public Slack group!

• Like 7

It looks like a lot of the issues that people are having with the medical system are due to the lack of documentation.

• Like 2

Anybody know why sometimes a a lot of javelin missiles spawn in a circle? its kinda random, sometimes they appear in the sky and havent been able to reproduce it. I think it may have to do with the CSW thing introduced last patch

On 4/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, Steve 161st said:

Has anyone else had issues with ACE3 Scope adjustments stopping working part the way into a mission?

It seems to revert back to Vanilla scope adjustment despite force turret adjustment being set to on.

So always starts working but something mid mission seems to revert it back to Vanilla.

To clarify, the tumblers still 'animate' showing adjustments but the weapon always seems to be zeroed to a very short distance - which seems to be the vanilla zero distance. I.e. the ACE3 scope settings have no effect at all..

Which optics are having this issue? It is possible for an optic to have mobility in both zeroing systems at the same time, with one of them kicking in when the other maxes out in the direction you're going (if you are using the same hotkeys for both, that is). If that is the case, the config or ACE compat for the optic is incorrectly set up.

@Blutze 

Thanks for your reply. I should have followed up to say that we discovered what the error was regarding this behaviour. It was one of my unit's custom scripts that was destroying the 'fired' event handler off which the initial bullet's trajectory is determined using ACE3 scopes.

So entirely our fault and certainly no issues with ACE3!

One question, or several, I made a level with the Eden editor, I installed and used ACE to try the captive system, and I didn't make a backup save, is there any way of getting rid of the ACE addons without having to completely restart my Eden editor save? Whenever I bring it up without ACE enabled it is incompatible shown as incompatible. I have a few pictures saying what is incompatible. Please any help would be useful.

Pictures 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uc9ps-CmSvu-UsGW4x847gun7SzIxGRv/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dhLS5WY2xEP6UB-ZMLPfRB3vNNnBVKLH/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K59JTMBcLwOLCjxhes7mTcGb9lOyYB8o/view?usp=sharing

44 minutes ago, Luisers55 said:

One question, or several, I made a level with the Eden editor, I installed and used ACE to try the captive system, and I didn't make a backup save, is there any way of getting rid of the ACE addons without having to completely restart my Eden editor save? Whenever I bring it up without ACE enabled it is incompatible shown as incompatible. I have a few pictures saying what is incompatible. Please any help would be useful.

Pictures 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uc9ps-CmSvu-UsGW4x847gun7SzIxGRv/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dhLS5WY2xEP6UB-ZMLPfRB3vNNnBVKLH/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K59JTMBcLwOLCjxhes7mTcGb9lOyYB8o/view?usp=sharing

You can open your mission folder in your MP Missions Folder.  Open the mission file using Notepad and then delete the ACE lines at the very top of that mission file.  Save that mission file and then reopen in the editor.  It takes about 20 seconds 🙂

• Like 1

Advanced issue found

1 hour ago, reaper lok said:

You can open your mission folder in your MP Missions Folder.  Open the mission file using Notepad and then delete the ACE lines at the very top of that mission file.  Save that mission file and then reopen in the editor.  It takes about 20 seconds 🙂

Reaper, thank you so much, I spent the better half of the weekend on this and I am so glad it didn't go to waste, I am very grateful. EDIT: Yeah, that didn't work.

Edited by Luisers55
Yeah, that didnt work

5 hours ago, reaper lok said:

An alternate way to do this with more complex ones is to make sure there is nothing physical on the map that would cause the dependency, load up the game without the mod, open a new mission on the map and then merge in your mission and overwrite the previous mission or save the mission and transfer across the files.

7 hours ago, Luisers55 said:

Reaper, thank you so much, I spent the better half of the weekend on this and I am so glad it didn't go to waste, I am very grateful. EDIT: Yeah, that didn't work.

Huh - strange, that technique works for me every time.  What happened when you attempted it?  Did you delete ALL the ACE3 dependencies from your mission file and then save the file before attempting to reopen in the Editor?

I do remember that sometimes the MOD list of dependencies can listed twice at the very top of the mission file.  Also, each ACE3 component such as ACE3 - Reload and ACE3 - Overheating etc is listed like I have shown below.  Make sure that after each MOD there is the correct grammar - in this case a , or at the end of the MOD list a

ACE3 - HEARING,

ACE3 - OVERHEATING,

ACE3 - RELOAD;

I hope this works, as it works for me.  Mjolnir66 mentioned to make sure that you don't have anything physically on the MAP that could cause a problem.  Load the mission with ACE activated, check there is not an ACE module etc on the MAP or something that you have enabled ACE with and then follow the steps above. - Good luck.

Wouldn’t you need to delete the actual units set as captive as well? Not sure if they would reference the ACE mod as well.

This is where editing the sqm file gets a little squirrelly because you have to adjust the number of items as well.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:25 PM, Devastator_cm said:

my mistake. I wanted to ask the urban rappeling. In case you also have that one, then replace that mod with this one

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1994724914

only issue is, this mods keys are corrupt..

I replaced the mod with that one, apparently (Because I haven´t seen it) the circle of javelin still appears 😕

Does pain actually do anything other than the PP effects? Like, can you lose consciousness because of too much pain?

11 hours ago, mjolnir66 said:

Does pain actually do anything other than the PP effects? Like, can you lose consciousness because of too much pain?

Pretty sure you can suffer with PAIN - I often struggle to wake a teammate up if his diagnosed with pain etc.

14 hours ago, mjolnir66 said:

Yep.

Is epinephrine effect stackable? Should I use more than one epinephrine to increase wake-up chance or it is worthless? 

I have 2 questions. First: Is there any reason why the default medical kits break down into such a small amount of equipment? Especially given the levels of equipment that are recommended to have. And secondly, would it be possible to make the reloadable AT weapons crew serverd similar to the MGs, in that a second person could load ammunition for the gunner? It already has a interaction action to check ammunition so the addition of a reload would be ideal.

Hi everyone, in the new ACE medic system, if I want to totally disable unconsciousness for player, how do I tweak the settings?

4 hours ago, HBAOplus said:

Hi everyone, in the new ACE medic system, if I want to totally disable unconsciousness for player, how do I tweak the settings?

Go to addon options, pull-down menu for ACE Medical.  You can adjust all the ACE medical settings there - including unconscious state of player and AI..