acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Is there a way to disable the ACE medical system for Singleplayer? If not what setting would bring it as close as possible to the vanilla system?

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 7:40 AM, kilo-bravo said:

hey ACE team i think i found a bug 
when going in to ACE arsenal from the main menu and say  i pick a gun to try the virtual units don't spawn and if i try back out to go back in the arsenal i have to go back to the main menu or restart
its seams to be acting like a mission/scenario rather then a virtual arsenal
tested with just ACE and CBA same thing

This has been bugging the hell out of me too. Have you raised a ticket on their github about it? Been trying to find anyone there mentioning it

57 minutes ago, RabidStoat said:

Have you raised a ticket on their github about it? Been trying to find anyone there mentioning it 

How about reading forum replies?

On 3/16/2020 at 10:27 AM, Dedmen said:

already reported and fixed last week.

Does anybody have a good config setup that mirrors basic medical from previous ACE, or is that still not really possible?

6 hours ago, Dedmen said:

How about reading forum replies?

Didn't see that, my bad

I've been trying to make this work for years and I can't, it always ends up the same, it doesn't work, I see tutorials and everyone shows an option that for me doesn't appear, I'm starting to think that the old way of detonating was easier.
I have all the detonators in the backpack, m57 and etc., and only the cellphone appears.

Clay-1.png

Sat-1.png

Works fine here. You need to supply more information. 

Is everything up-to-date on your end? What mission? Is it just that mission or every mission? What is in your modlist?

15 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

I've been trying to make this work for years and I can't, it always ends up the same, it doesn't work, I see tutorials and everyone shows an option that for me doesn't appear, I'm starting to think that the old way of detonating was easier.
I have all the detonators in the backpack, m57 and etc., and only the cellphone appears.

Did

Did you place a "lighter?" (sorry englisch is not my mother language). So after placing down the explosive you need to interact with it and place a kind of "light it up device" (Detonator?). after that you can select it from the self interaction menu.

Edited by Dedmen
Removed images. Rule 14

12 hours ago, Harzach said:

Works fine here. You need to supply more information. 

Is everything up-to-date on your end? What mission? Is it just that mission or every mission? What is in your modlist?

yes, updated by steam, all missions even offline.

34 minutes ago, Selvo Domenico said:

Did you place a "lighter?" (sorry englisch is not my mother language). So after placing down the explosive you need to interact with it and place a kind of "light it up device" (Detonator?). after that you can select it from the self interaction menu.

yes, I tried, but there is no interaction with the explosive.

15 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

You place the explosives with the ACE "self action" (CTRL + windows key) menu as you did. To arm it you use the ACE "action" menu (windows key only). If you have several detonators in your inventory you can choose which one to use.

Edited by Dedmen
Removed images. Rule 14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kibyde said:

You place the explosives with the ACE "self action" (CTRL + windows key) menu as you did. To arm it you use the ACE "action" menu (windows key only). If you have several detonators in your inventory you can choose which one to use.

now it worked. Thank you. no tutorial I found talked about that.

Heya, nice mods and all, but I'm having a bit of an issue with locking PCML. I have NLaw lock to TAB and same with other weapon lock. Whenever I hold tab, I hear a click but it doesn't beep for the lock on target. It only have NV mode so I switch to that but it doesn't lock. I have no problems with Titan (Javelin) after switching to FLIR mode. Am I missing something?

10 hours ago, phantom_six said:

Heya, nice mods and all, but I'm having a bit of an issue with locking PCML. I have NLaw lock to TAB and same with other weapon lock. Whenever I hold tab, I hear a click but it doesn't beep for the lock on target. It only have NV mode so I switch to that but it doesn't lock. I have no problems with Titan (Javelin) after switching to FLIR mode. Am I missing something?

The NLAW doesn't lock on. What it does is it sees where the target is going and simply predicts where the missile should go so that, if the target keeps its speed and direction the same, the path of the two will intersect and the missile will hit. It's like automatically leading your aim. However this means you can also miss if the target changes speed or direction after the missile was fired.

Anyway, to use the NLAW in Arma with ACE, simply point at and follow the target, press and hold tab for a second or three, then fire while still holding tab. You can release tab after firing. Also, vision mode doesn't matter.

• Like 2

Hi Ace team,

I would like to know if there was an 82mm firing table only in metric system. For the distances and the difference in altitude I have all the elevations noted for metric system, but for the corrections according to the winds and the temperature I struggle a little more.

Does the ACE Self Actions menu uses "cursorTarget" or "CursorObject" in its script?

On 3/29/2020 at 1:43 AM, LSValmont said:

Does the ACE Self Actions menu uses "cursorTarget" or "CursorObject" in its script?

Neither. nearestObjects.

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

Neither. nearestObjects.

Really? So if you point a vehicle but another object is closer the actions show only for the closest object? Or you use something like "lineIntersects" to detect mouse direction and add the action to the object you are watching?

4 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Really? So if you point a vehicle but another object is closer the actions show only for the closest object? Or you use something like "lineIntersects" to detect mouse direction and add the action to the object you are watching?

both show. No lineIntersects.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/interact_menu/functions/fnc_renderActionPoints.sqf

• Thanks 1

Is there a function we can call on the init of a potential CSW static that allows CSW to be turned off for that specific weapon?

On 3/19/2020 at 9:31 AM, combataz said:

Does anybody have a good config setup that mirrors basic medical from previous ACE, or is that still not really possible?

+1

I'm still getting nowhere with trying to make this work like that, will we ever get the option back to have the basic style ace medical? it's really frustrating 

Altho it seems to trough our testing that if you bandage then epi then CPR until the option for CPR disappears they come back to life shortly after more epi makes it faster. better than it was, but still not perfect for the speed and ease of the old "basic" settings but better than it was

Hi ACE team,

I would like know for the Winter 2035 mod, how can we change the temperature? is that possible.
Because we have temperatures incompatible with a snowy environment

Cordially

We just updated to the most recent version, 3.13.1. and our PBO whitelist is no longer working. according to https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/checkPBOs-framework.html the format is ["mod1","mod2"]. i have tried this and doesn't seem to work this is how I have it setup currently in the CBA settings:

force force ace_common_checkPBOsWhitelist =
"["AA_LSSW", "lambs_main", "lambs_danger", "lambs_eventhandlers", "lambs_wp", "UISounds", "jsrs_soundmod_complete_edition_soundfiles", "GF_enhancedVideo", "DFS_3rdPerson", "bullet_cases", "ANZ_MissileEfxMod", "jsrs_soundmod_complete_edition", "jsrs_soundmod_boats", "jsrs_soundmod_sonic_cracks", "jsrs_soundmod_weapons", "jsrs_soundmod_environment"]";

What am I doing wrong, Have I missed something?

Found this in the server logs:

[CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value any for setting ace_common_checkPBOsWhitelist. Fall back to default value.

Would this be an error on CBA's side?