acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

23 hours ago, iV - Ghost said:

ATM we are playing with ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold = 12 and ace_medical_spontaneousWakeUpChance = 0.6.

We don't have huge problems with the unconsciousness. Maybe give it a try.

ill give it a go

removed cba_settings.sqf no change

here is a video we made showing the issues we are having. the settings are shown first then 2 run-throughs of trying to revive me

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 12:35 AM, Reptilienski said:

This is a bug related to some ACE compat files, not sure if you using steam workshop, but on workshop if you search with key words ACE RHS there are RHS compatilbility versions of ACE, should be the first 2 results, one  for old ace version 3.12.6.43 and one is for the new 3.13 version, chose the one you need and that should work, these two have fixed the related ACE compat files in it.

Edit: These 2 version should only fixed the compat files for RHS, if you are using some other compat files from other mods I am not sure whether these two have a fix for those, so you may need to locat which excat files are causing the issue and find a fix version for that compat file or try to fix it by yourself.

thanks mate ,ive been away and ive tried that to no avail....I just deleted all the 3.13 ace files and went back to ace 3.12 where everything works again ….thanks for your help sir 

Is there not just like a quick guide for the new flow of the medical system? I read the blog post but I guess I just didn't get a good sense of how it all works together now.

• Like 1

I did a quick basic run through for my squad, here it is:

Tourniquets - Slows bleeding significantly (they don't stop it completely), allowing the wounded more time before losing consciousness/death. If you're in the middle of a gunfight, then this should be your go to option. In every situation, tourniquet the limbs and deal with head and torso injuries, then deal with tourniquet-ed injuries after.

Splints - Repairs fractures. As well as bandaging injuries, if they are fractured you now need to splint them to heal them. 

Check Pulse - Ideally, between 60 and 90. If its high, probably because they are low on blood, if its low then they need an Epi.

Check Blood Pressure - The key pressure appears to be around 105/70. Above this, the patient will regain consciousness. Use an Epi to speed up this process.

Epi speeds up the check to wake up with stable vitals, won't wake someone up who isn't stable.

I/Vs - I/Vs now run on their own, you set them up and let them run. Only the medic can do I/Vs. Also, starting an I/V without dealing with the bleeds seems to kill the patient, though I need to do more more testing on this.

CPR - I'm not 100% on this, but if your patient goes into cardiac arrest (heart rate of below 20), CPR has a small chance of preventing death and restarting their heart, ideally the last person to do this should be the medic, because the medic can keep treating the patient if someone else is doing the CPR.

Types of Banadages
Field Dressing - Velocity wounds
Packing Bandage - Avulsions, Velocity Wounds
Elastic Bandage - Velocity Wounds
Splint - Fractures

Its not particularly in depth, but it covers enough that you can play through pretty solidly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Has anybody else noticed that sometimes players take leg wounds and lose the ability to run or do anything other than limp despite not having a fracture?

I'm unsure if this is simply a feature or a bug. Though I wouldn't be opposed to it as is, the issue is that the patient requires a PAK to be able to run again, as the option to splint the limb doesn't appear.

I've been assuming at this point that it either a bug, or perhaps to do with the total trauma the limb has sustained, however this has happened to me on a couple of occasions after taking only light damage and on another where I wasn't hit at all.

We've seen this a fair few times now. Most of the occurrences seem to be after splinting and stitching the wound when the patient is fairly heavily wounded in other body parts as well.

Often when the player takes more damage after the splint&stitch, the ''walking wounded' effect is removed, returning the player to normal, so we're fairly sure it's a bug but haven't repeatably re-produced it yet.

We're talking about limping coming back on a fully bandaged, fully stitched, fully splinted player.

So the effect is almost like the splints falling off when using ADV-Splint. However, with that system, you could re-split the wound where as if this what is happening under ACE, the option to re-splint does not exist.
(Fully aware of the limping on open wound setting - big fan of all the new ACE medical system settings!)

That said, it could be interesting trying 'limping on open wound' being turned off to see if the bug only occurs when it's enabled.

I'm a big fan of limping as well! I actually wish there was an equivilent animation for arm damage with the gun dropping from time to time in spasms of pain. Likewise I'm fine with having to deal with crippled legs, the problem simply being that a PAK is a heavy priceto pay to fix a leg with an already seen to wound.

I will try enabling "Bandaging heals trauma tonight" and see if the effect persists.

Has anybody found a way to fix this broken AI stuff?

https://imgur.com/oRWXTG2

https://imgur.com/GyVfZ5f

I should not have to choose between AI that seem to be invincible or AI fragile enough that if I shoot at a helicopter a single bullet kills everything in its path. Its ridiculous. I still have no clue if I have the regular medical stuff dialed back to a point where this game is fun, because it just seems to end up with everybody bleeding to death anyway. My group hasn't played in a month because having to memorize which bandages I need for what sucks all the fun out of this game. 

What the **** do I have to do to fix this? 

• Sad 1

Its been awfully quiet has anybody heard anything from the devs? or anything about any progress?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

There was an update around New Year what are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Fanatic72 said:

There was an update around New Year what are you talking about?

I think they are referring to the fact there has been little word publicly (that I am aware of) about the recent issues with the A.I after the Medical Rewrite? 😛

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mannulus said:

I think they are referring to the fact there has been little word publicly (that I am aware of) about the recent issues with the A.I after the Medical Rewrite? 😛

correct, and the medical system in general

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mannulus said:

Seems like I am not the only one checking almost daily for an ace update, haha....

A temporary fix I've seen is to reduce the Lethal Damage needed from 1.0 to roughly 0.50 or lower.

19 hours ago, Percipio said:

Seems like I am not the only one checking almost daily for an ace update, haha....

no sir you are not hahaha

Does anybody faces frozen respawn screen since last ace3 update? I have a feeling, during review duration when ace3 stops the keyboard interection if a person force respawns sometimes keyboard interection stays further blocked and respawn becomes imposible as person cannot click to respawn button on the map

Hello,

Im trying to overwrite client settings on a dedicated server, in this case enable the command bar. Im logged in as admin but selecting either of the overwrite options has no effects on the clients. I have deselected the allow clients to control UI option and forced it as well. Is there anything im missing?

Is there any way to make Morphine more effective? As is right now, someone who takes a gunshot wound can need as many as 5 morphine injections to stop the pain, which is ridiculous. 

Also, the way First Aid Kits and Medical Kits break down is insufficient for the current state of the medical system, 250ml of Saline is about as much use as a can of coke atm.

According to the ACE medical guide, this is the recommended loadout for soldiers:

3-6 × Bandage (Basic)

3-6 × Bandage (Elastic)

3-6 × Packing Bandage

3-6 × Basic Field Dressing (QuikClot)

1 × Morphine Autoinjector

1 × Epinephrine Autoinjector

1 × Tourniquet (CAT)

However, the current conversion of an FAK to medical items gives us something like this:

1 × Bandage (Basic)

1 × Packing Bandage

1 × Morphine Autoinjector

1 × Tourniquet (CAT)

Will there be plans to change the current FAK conversion to contain the items in the former list (and include a splint)?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Are you sure you give morphine from an arm which has no tourniquet?

Yes, giving it to limbs that are unhurt,

Does he have a) a heart rate and b) some blood volume so  that the morphine can get distibuted. and how fast do you give him the morphine it can take a one-threeminutes till it starts suppressing the pain. Sorry for my gramma/spelling coming of a night shift.