acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

is there any functionality of parachute malfunction by ACE? There is reserve parachute but I am not sure in which case a person needs to use it unless he decides to cut a working parachute

1 minute ago, Devastator_cm said:

is there any functionality of parachute malfunction by ACE? There is reserve parachute but I am not sure in which case a person needs to use it unless he decides to cut a working parachute

No.

I need to get the player's ACE3 health status in an ARRAY to save it in a single table in extDB, and a way to apply it when loading it from the DB.
If it is not possible to obtain it in a single ARRAY (therefore not intended for a single table), please tell me what information I should obtain and how, to save it in different tables of the DB, and how to apply it to the player for each one.
It is for an ArmA3_A3Wasteland server.
with ACE3 Basic Medical System.

If possible, send me an example mission file where this applies so I can review it and study how to apply it.

That's all, thanks.

*I can't create an account or create a workspace in Slack. Ok?

Hi modders, 

I get an error when loading Arma with Contact DLC and ACE3 in the main menu screen "No entry 'bin/config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/GroupTutorials/Controls/VRTraining.type'"

I don't know if you are aware and how much it affects gameplay.

Thanks

Hello guys. I got some problem only with a two weapons: HK121 and LWMMG. When I use ACE ammunition HK121 9.3mm and LWMMG .338 NM, but original ammo it's ok. When I reload ACE ammo I can not fire with them and I can only reload it in the inventory manually, because can't choose them in menu on screen. Use CBA and ACE with Arma 3 1.96. I will be grateful for the help. Thanks🙂

Anyone else having problems importing addon settings for server (or client) recently? Last time I tried (probably a few months ago) it worked fine, now I get an error and the settings won't import properly.

20:16:01 Script 'cba_settings.sqf' not found
20:16:07 Error in expression <ring [10, 13, 9, 32] joinString "";
};

parseSimpleArray (["[", _string, "]"] jo>
20:16:07   Error position: <parseSimpleArray (["[", _string, "]"] jo>
20:16:07   Error Generic error in expression
20:16:07 File x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_parse.sqf..., line 30
20:16:07 Error in expression <ring [10, 13, 9, 32] joinString "";
};

(this error repeats for what it seems to be every setting, if I run the game with only CBA I only get a handful of these while I get a lot more running it with ACE). I've reported this in the CBA-topic too but figured I'd ask around here and see if anyone has had the same problem and know of a workaround.

Full RPT:

https://pastebin.com/JCDTr0w2

EDIT: Made an interesting find, seems the import function has trouble reading lines starting with "//".

(thought I was editing my post in the CBA-topic, whoops, oh well, this information is probably useful here too since it applies to the ace settings aswell)

If I for example change

// CBA UI
cba_ui_notifyLifetime = 4;
cba_ui_StorePasswords = 1;

to:

cba_ui_notifyLifetime = 4;
cba_ui_StorePasswords = 1;

(removing the // CBA U) part that is)

I get no error messages and things seem to work fine. I don't know much about scripts and coding but to me it seems like the CBA script is trying to read the //-lines even when it shouldn't and therefore failing for some reason.

Hello, I hate to say this but I'm here on behalf of an issue I've got since the most recent update.  I'm making a mod based on the Overthrow mod and in that the player has the ability to use a work table to craft items.  I have it so that the player could craft several things and among those were IED's, AP mines and tripwires.  Since the update everything that dealt with explosives is somehow messed up and I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to maybe explain what changed so that I could fix this ability in my mod.  Here is the code that worked previously and if needed I can produce screen shots of what the menu looked like before and after the update.  By the way thank you for the great mod and I'm sorry that my first post in this thread is me asking for help.

class CfgMagazines {
    class DemoCharge_Remote_Mag;
    class IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Mag {
        ot_craftable = 1;
        ot_craftQuantity = 1;
        ot_craftRecipe = "[[""HandGrenade"",1],[""HandGrenade"",1],[""HandGrenade"",1],[""HandGrenade"",1],[""OT_Steel"",1]]";
    };
    class IEDLandSmall_Remote_Mag {
        ot_craftable = 1;
        ot_craftQuantity = 1;
        ot_craftRecipe = "[[""HandGrenade"",1],[""HandGrenade"",1],[""HandGrenade"",1],[""HandGrenade"",1],[""OT_Steel"",1]]";
    };
    class IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Mag {
        ot_craftable = 1;
        ot_craftQuantity = 1;
        ot_craftRecipe = "[[""CA_LauncherMagazine"",1],[""CA_LauncherMagazine"",1],[""ACE_Cellphone"",1]]";
    };
    class IEDLandBig_Remote_Mag {
        ot_craftable = 1;
        ot_craftQuantity = 1;
        ot_craftRecipe = "[[""CA_LauncherMagazine"",1],[""CA_LauncherMagazine"",1],[""ACE_Cellphone"",1]]";
    };
	class ACE_FlareTripMine_Mag {
        ot_craftable = 1;
        ot_craftQuantity = 2;
        ot_craftRecipe = "[[""FlareWhite_F"",2],[""ACE_rope12"",1]]";
    };
	class APERSTripMine_Wire_Mag {
        ot_craftable = 1;
        ot_craftQuantity = 2;
        ot_craftRecipe = "[[""HandGrenade"",1],[""HandGrenade"",1],[""ACE_rope12"",1]]";
    };
	class APERSBoundingMine_Range_Mag {
        ot_craftable = 1;
        ot_craftQuantity = 1;
        ot_craftRecipe = "[[""HandGrenade"",1],[""HandGrenade"",1],[""ACE_SpraypaintBlack"",1]]";
    };

};

Hello ACE Team, i have Check out the New Version.

I am surprised that there is no atropine but according to the module setting which is available, but I can not find it in any arsenal or box

I mean the Setting Advanced medication like here

d3r5e5d9.jpg

have this someone other too?

6 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

Dear God in Heaven does anyone know where I can find a download for the previous version of ACE 3?

Why? 
Wouldn't it be better to just adapt and learn the new supported system rather than handicapping yourself to an old system that I dare say will no longer be supported.
The new system takes a little relearning but it's much better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JD Wang said:

I suppose that is in the eye of the beholder. We played with the new system yesterday and TBH it will take a while until we have tweaked it the way we want it. Personally I would have rather seen a few tweaks to the original system. With the new system at default, I felt like treating wounds takes too long, especially if you have only one medic (which is a normal setup). But as I said, we played with it once so it will take time to adjust and adapt..
I can see though why someone would want to go back to the old one. "Much better" is a matter of taste.

But that's the best thing about the new system, you can adjust it to suit much easier than the old version.
If you want you medics to have an easier job or just speed up the medical side of things just increase the critical damage threshold, along with the wake up chance and CPR chances.That should see your medics getting through the wounded much quicker.

I honestly think that once people comes to grips with the new settings 99% of people will say it's a better system. 

Having said all that, I enjoy playing medic

Looking for a little help with the NEW Medical Rewrite.  Our group were using the previous BASIC Medical set-up and am looking to get as close to that system again with this new version.  Basically, Bandages - Morphine - Blood-bags and Epi 🙂

Is this possible?

I thought I had removed/Disabled any advanced option, however, if hit (I'm often hit) that a light BLUE coloration will not disappear after bandaging and Morphine etc.  Also, my character is also in Pain....grrrr.  I'm sure its operator error but any help is greatly appreciated.

REAPER

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Why? 
Wouldn't it be better to just adapt and learn the new supported system rather than handicapping yourself to an old system that I dare say will no longer be supported.

I've been playing around with it, I don't like it at all as someone who doesn't play online and only plays singleplayer against AI. I liked the basic medical version with just bandages, morphine, epinephrine and blood transfusions. Forcing everyone to use the new and more complicated medical system is a shitty move. 

Also.... I want to revert back to the old version because the new one has made my favorite mod (OPTRE) broken in terms of damage/healing/etc. 

I think the new Ace Medical is good. 

It would be nice to see some extra options though. 
Being able to set the probability of success or timing of actions for things like CPR and applying splints/bandages.

For example;
CPR Success Rate
Soldier: 20%
Medic: 40%
Doctor: 60%
CPR Action Time
Soldier: 12 seconds
Medic: 8 seconds
Doctor: 6 seconds

It's nice to be able to tweak the skill gradients. 

• Like 3

Ok can anyone give me a guideline on how to best setup out medical setting with the new system.

our group is more focused on fast, high action, Zeus based tactical realism. In the past we have used the basic medical system with the following parameters:

Basic Medical

Prevent Instant Death

1.4 Player Hit points
medics only use Epi, anywhere
We added the ACE 3 Canteen mod which allowed for non medics to pour water on players heads to allow a small chance of making up a patient.

With these settings we basically wanted Players to be able die in battle which is why we did not run REVIVE. We wanted players to be able to flash killed in an explosion, being shot by a .50 cal technical or just being able to be killed by large events. However we wanted to keep players alive in the event of them being critically shot by small arms, Aks, M4s and the like. Our server for our missions runs a 2 life perma death situation so we want to keep the players alive but not have them feel like terminators.

Anyway, We like the idea of the limping and splints that is all pretty straight forward. Where we have gotten lost is really the other settings.

We all the bandages set to heal hit points, all the advanced stuff turned off.  While it seems Prevent instant death is gone, we thought the cardiac arrest system might be the modern alternative but it doesn't appear so.

It also seems that waking people up is very difficult now, morphine doesn't work instantly and it seems only a random chance players will wake up from EPI.

While we aren't resistant to change, can someone please show me some documentation or explain how to best setup the medical system for fast paced, tactical realism. Cheers.

Loving the new medical system! The ones who hate it aren't maybe the target audience for ACE as per terms of realism.. Keep up the good work lads.

• Like 1

Are there any missions that allow medics to refresh their training on Medical Rewrite?

1 hour ago, domokun said:

Are there any missions that allow medics to refresh their training on Medical Rewrite?

Our group tested settings out on our public server last night, we were very impressed!
That is the best way to learn in my opinion. It's trial and error, brother.

You can also set up a Zeus scenario that sends limited enemies at a time to test the updated medical system.
It's a lot better, and more fun, than shooting each other where you stand. Believe me!

Enjoy.

Agree with the above.

Default settings were not to our group's liking but it's SOOO customisable, we're starting to home in on something we really like.

The only thing we have seen a lot of is AI not reacting to being shot - if the shots that hit them are not instantly fatal/cause unconsciousness, they are able to continue to shoot what seems to be fairly accurately while taking several rounds. (They start bandaging up once the firefight has finished though.) Players normally twitch/react when being hit so can't continue to return fire while being hit. This seems to give the AI an unfair advantage. I think this is related to the ACE medical but am not 100% sure. I don't remember it being such an issue with the old ACE medical system (but could be wrong) and I've not played Vanilla in a long time but I always remember AI twitching a little when being shot so disturbing their firing somewhat.

• Like 3

just wondering  if in future there could be a option to have the weapon stay lowed  after doing medical actions. 

• Like 2

how the numbers are really working in the settings?
Epinefrine wake up change starts from 1 till 30 but wake up chance between 0 and 1. So wake up chance is % wise working but how is the epinefrine which is between 1 and 30? Any idea?