acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Yes, it's still in development.

If you'd take a look at their GitHub repo, changes are being made (mostly) daily and they're slowly closing in on the next major release with the new medical (but just in case don't quote me on that, weirder things happened).

Medical rewrite is basically in internal testing and is in very playable state, mostly tweaks and bugfixes left (again, don't quote me, not a dev).

• Like 1

This is good for people who set up the server,because ace_compat no keys file.

6 hours ago, wrn1111 said:

This is good for people who set up the server,because ace_compat no keys file.

Thread merged with the ACE thread, next time search for the correct thread. Instead of creating a new one.

16 hours ago, wrn1111 said:

So now the ace already contains ace_compat? We don't need to load ace_compat extra?

Yes and that's not new, no you still need to load it manually.

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

Yes and that's not new, no you still need to load it manually.

Thanks for the warning that the seperate ace_compat mod is obsoleted by the ace_compat pbo included in the ACE3 mod.

What is rationale behind including ace_compat in ACE3 package and requiring users to move it from Addons/Optional folder manually?

Instead of having ace_compat as a seperate mod and having users activate or disable the mod?

29 minutes ago, domokun said:

What is rationale behind including ace_compat in ACE3 package and requiring users to move it from Addons/Optional folder manually?

Because users don't have to move it manually. They can add the @ folder directly in Arma launcher or in their start parameters.

Also no extra mod get's rid of humans (who would literally complain on EVERY SINGLE ace update) who can't get their compats updated properly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The resolution of the map tools is low on my computer, making it hard to get accurate readings.

Does anyone know what setting I can change to get better a resolution?

On 9/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, Tiberius_161 said:

Does anyone know what setting I can change to get better a resolution?

I assume Texture quality, video options

hello,

I'm having some trouble getting ACE interaction inheritance to work, could someone help me out?

basically what I'm trying to do is build an alternative pylon changing system for which I need the menu to first show a list of pylons, followed by a list of weapons appropriate for said pylon, but I can't seem to figure out how to do "double inheritance", like with children actions having grandchildren actions.

does anyone have an example of something like that I can take a look at to see what I'm doing wrong?

Hi, I just want to know, does Advanced Ballistics and windage also affect AI's skill and performance? Thanks in advance!

Edited by HBAOplus
add info

On 9/24/2019 at 4:15 AM, HBAOplus said:

Hi, I just want to know, does Advanced Ballistics and windage also affect AI's skill and performance? Thanks in advance!

No.

• Thanks 1

how exactly is ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage working? If I set this to true, when an injury is bandaged the damage becomes totally 0 right? So it makes Saline in that case not necessary to use?
In case it is set to false, will medics need to give saline to make someone's damage to 0 after being injured?

Can anyone help me find the Parent path names so i can add ace actions. Im trying to add an action to a civilian under their interaction but having trouble. I just need the class names for the parent paths as i guessed the ACE_Interaction but I guess that is not it. 

_New_Talk_Action = ["Civilian_Talk","Talk","",{[_Unit,"Talk"] call Civilian_Interaction;},{true},{},{},{},5] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction; 
[_Unit,0,["ACE_MainActions","ACE_Interactions"],_New_Talk_Action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

this is what I have in init.sqf to add Ace action to a truck and it works fine by me

_action = ["unload_truck_w", "Unload the Truck", "",{_hnd = []execvm "unload_w_truck.sqf"}, {(!isnull W_Box_9 && alive W_Box_9)}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction; 
    [W_Truck, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devildog664 said:

Can anyone help me find the Parent path names so i can add ace actions. Im trying to add an action to a civilian under their interaction but having trouble. I just need the class names for the parent paths as i guessed the ACE_Interaction but I guess that is not it. 

_New_Talk_Action = ["Civilian_Talk","Talk","",{[_Unit,"Talk"] call Civilian_Interaction;},{true},{},{},{},5] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction; 
[_Unit,0,["ACE_MainActions","ACE_Interactions"],_New_Talk_Action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

Isn't it just straight under "ACE_MainActions" ?  Not on my PC at the moment, so can't check, but this LINK, does seem to suggest it

-k 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

this is what I have in init.sqf to add Ace action to a truck and it works fine by me

_action = ["unload_truck_w", "Unload the Truck", "",{_hnd = []execvm "unload_w_truck.sqf"}, {(!isnull W_Box_9 && alive W_Box_9)}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction; 
    [W_Truck, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

I can add actions for myself but  trying to add an action under the Interactions action of another unit. If that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, nkenny said:

Isn't it just straight under "ACE_MainActions" ?  Not on my PC at the moment, so can't check, but this LINK, does seem to suggest it

-k 

No luck.

Edit. Never mind got it your right its just ["ACE_MainActions"] nothing before or after. Btw that link was very helpful. Thanks guys.

Got another quick question. Is there a way I can detect if an action is selected. Example: im need to set a certain variable for a unit when the player use the "Takes Prisoner" action. 

On 9/29/2019 at 10:39 PM, Devastator_cm said:

how exactly is ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage working? If I set this to true, when an injury is bandaged the damage becomes totally 0 right? So it makes Saline in that case not necessary to use?

Saline has nothing at all to do with "damage" saline helps with too low blood level.

heal hitpoints means healing the bone, removing limping.

How is medical rewrite coming along? Im curious about how its different from medical system ACE has today.

• Like 2

I follow the instructions on this page https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/javelin.html but the Lock Target [Hold] key does nothing and the switch fire mode key also does nothing.  It works for everyone else on the server I'm playing on.  It only fires in scope guided mode.  In the Virtual Arsenal switching fire mode works, but then both the lock on key and fire key do not work.

Does ace ballistic take consideration for rhs ammo variants? Especially in case with 5.45×39, it show no differences among 7n6, 7n10, 7n22,  in their ballistic stats(bullet weight, bc, etc) when i check it up in ace arsenal. 

Are there any pro and con in using specific ammo type when using rhs ammo with ace? Or should i only use bullets that bundled with ace3 to take effect of ace advanced ballistics?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Bukain said:

Does ace ballistic take consideration for rhs ammo variants?

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/optionals/compat_rhs_afrf3/CfgAmmo.hpp

looks like it, yes. If you have the compat mod loaded obviously.

1 hour ago, Bukain said:

it show no differences among 7n6, 7n10, 7n22,  in their ballistic stats(bullet weight, bc, etc) when i check it up in ace arsenal.

If Arsenal doesn't show a difference, then there mooost likely is none (or a bug in Arsenal, which is very unlikely).

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 1:35 AM, Devastator_cm said:

is there any equipment to use except this parameter to fix the limping and heal the bones?

If you don't want to use the heal hitpoint system, I can recommend Belbo's awesome ACE Splints mod 
We've been using that and his CPR mod for a while now and they work great.

• Like 1