acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hi to all!

As I noticed ACE medicine is not working now with a new DLC Global Mobilization content. 

• Like 2

Do you plan on updating the mod to be compatible with the new DLC? Vehicle interactions, weight of gear, correct weapon names etc? 🧐

• Like 1

Did the recent cba update make it so custom ACE settings don't apply on the server? My group just tried to play but our custom ACE settings would not work.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, Steve 161st said:

breaking the MicroDGR GPS seems to be back

Bug in 10+ year old CBA code which used ridiculous values in a function. Fix was already released.

21 hours ago, Realthinged said:

As I noticed ACE medicine is not working now with a new DLC Global Mobilization content.

Being worked on.

20 hours ago, Fanatic72 said:

Do you plan on updating the mod to be compatible with the new DLC

Is that a serious question? Do you really think ACE would not want to be compatible with official game content?

5 hours ago, victor87 said:

Did the recent cba update make it so custom ACE settings don't apply on the server? My group just tried to play but our custom ACE settings would not work.

If you have a CBA problem you should probably post that on the CBA thread. Yes settings are broken. Known issue. Is being worked on. Not a ACE bug tho.

• Thanks 1

Yeah it was a silly question sorry 😊 just wanted some confirmation for peace of mind.

Hello Guys, I was wandering if there was a way we could use a particular ACE 3 Framework completely stand alone from the other components.

For example the Interaction Menu Framework. https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/interactionMenu-framework.html

Lets say that the Interaction Menu (Bare bones, all items added manuallyis all I want/need for a particular mission as a mission maker. And then customize it to the mission's needs.

Would that be somehow possible?

59 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Hello Guys, I was wandering if there was a way we could use a particular ACE 3 Framework completely stand alone from the other components.

Not completely no.

Look at the wiki page for the feature https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/interact-menu.html

See dependencies at the bottom, you need these things too.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Not completely no.

Look at the wiki page for the feature https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/interact-menu.html

See dependencies at the bottom, you need these things too.

Ok so I see I need:

ace_main

ace_common

ace_modules

I will try it like that and see if it works correctly and doesn't require too much config meddling from my players.

Being a complete noob at this, how would i go about adding a new range card like the 82mm range card but for the CUP M119?

I have all the value but i have no idea how to create a new item that works like the range card

Hi guys! I was just wondering which pbo makes full screen night vision goggles? 

Hi everyone,

I am having no success using the "fired" eventhandler with ACE explosives. My current test code is the following:

player addEventHandler ["FIRED", {if ( (_this select 4) isKindOf "TimeBombCore") then { hint "mine planted"};}];

This works fine in unmodded Arma but not in ACE. So either the ammo classes have changed in ACE in which case I could not find anything in the configviewer so could somebody point me to the right place. The other alternative that comes to my mind is that using the ACE self interaction to place down explosives doesn't register under the umbrella of "fired". In this case are there any alternative eventhandlers?

10 hours ago, Reeveli said:

So either the ammo classes have changed in ACE

ACE has own explosives too.

to place down explosives doesn't register under the umbrella of "fired"

That's very likely

In this case are there any alternative eventhandlers?

Yes.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/explosives/functions/fnc_placeExplosive.sqf#L95

The ace_explosives_place eventhandler

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/events-framework.html#3-usage

Also this would've been better asked on the ACE thread.

• Thanks 1

Moving this question here due to moderator request. Basically I am trying to find an eventhandler that would execute when an ACE explosive is set off (to add some terrain removing properties to the explosion). The normal evenhandlers don't seem to work with ACE explosives. After looking through the ACE functions list given by Demen I cant see anything that would fit my bill. Does anyone know of way of detecting if ACE bomb has been touched off?

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone, first of all thank you for your mods that made me want to play again. secondly, after doing a lot of research on the internet, I didn't find a solution to my problem which is to know the damage of the player after he was shot. Is there a function like "damage" or "getdammage" like bohemia to create. I read the 168 pages of the forum pretty quickly, so I'm sorry if it was already discussed. I'm French, and my English is sometimes weak.

On 6/30/2019 at 3:46 AM, pierrive said:

Hello everyone, first of all thank you for your mods that made me want to play again. secondly, after doing a lot of research on the internet, I didn't find a solution to my problem which is to know the damage of the player after he was shot. Is there a function like "damage" or "getdammage" like bohemia to create. I read the 168 pages of the forum pretty quickly, so I'm sorry if it was already discussed. I'm French, and my English is sometimes weak.

You need to use the Event Handle (EH) , handleDamage and script something according to dead units. Contacte moi en PM si tu veux qu'on en parle.

Hi ACEmod players and devs!!

After addressing myself some issues on github like other people that want to contribute to the mods' stability and evolution I would like ask the community a couple of questions.

Firstly I know that you are a doing a hobby scripting and thus there is no due date, that is well understood and RESPECTED. But having a look in milestone 3.13.0 I saw open issues from 2017 that is weird in terms of the last update was on March!

I suppose it has to do with the "merging is blocked" (but honestly I have no idea what that means!). Is that the case? I also assume that you might expect the new DLC "contact" to be released first so you check for compatibility issues before any ACEMOD update??

If you have solved i.e 70% of the issues isn't that a chance to do an update and transfer the rest for the next milestone so that you keep the community's interest and excitement ongoing? Just a thought..

I don't know how github works please don't get upset, that is why I was hoping for you to shed some light on the subject! (maybe others hope too!) 

Thanks for your time and this GREAT mod!!

47 minutes ago, Armagedonas said:

I saw open issues from 2017

That's probably because the medical rewrite is in 3.13.0 which was already planned for a long time.

47 minutes ago, Armagedonas said:

If you have solved i.e 70% of the issues isn't that a chance to do an update and transfer the rest for the next milestone

No. Milestones are there to make sure things make it into a specific version, not to just stop half-way and push out unfinished stuff.

48 minutes ago, Armagedonas said:

with the "merging is blocked"

what? What's that supposed to mean?

48 minutes ago, Armagedonas said:

I also assume that you might expect the new DLC "contact" to be released first so you check for compatibility issues before any ACEMOD update??

Might be that next ACE update is already using features that come in with contact, not sure right now.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Armagedonas said:

i.e.

I think it has to be reviewed/approved by one of the Devs

• Thanks 1

Well it literally says

At least one approved review is required by reviewers with write access.

:worship:

• Thanks 1

Is there any chance ACE might integrate some modules that utilize assets from the Contact DLC CRBN gear? 

If nothing else, perhaps the face overlays for the blindfolds? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CBRN

I like the overlays in ACE when using goggles or glasses, I don't know why they decided the blindfold in the new official update needs to be scripted to actually obscure the players vision while worn.

13 hours ago, sputnik monroe said:

If nothing else, perhaps the face overlays for the blindfolds?

afaik that is already done, or atleast WIP.

Yes of course, compatibility for things that make sense will be added once anyone feels like doing that.

• Like 1

Hello, 

is ACE Still in developement or abandoned?
Because ACE Medical has the same state then in the first ACE 3 Beta. 
Still no broken Bones, no Airway problems/solutions. Still the all-mighty-wonder-PAK (instead of Defibrilator or something like that.).
Is it planned to complete that one day or a loose end that will never be completed?

• Thanks 1