acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I was wondering if you guys considered improving the unconsciousness in Ace medical in similar fashion that ShackTac did it. The fact that you cannot hear any sounds when unconscious is what I mean specifically. Any plans to implement that?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fanatic72 said:

I was wondering if you guys considered improving the unconsciousness in Ace medical in similar fashion that ShackTac did it. The fact that you cannot hear any sounds when unconscious is what I mean specifically. Any plans to implement that?

Set ace_hearing_unconsciousnessVolume to 0. Won't help much with tfar or acre though.

• Like 1

Okay thanks. Having it mute ACRE would obviously be as much important though..

Does someone know how to :

- Reduce enemy damage (For example, when I take a single bullet, I fall on the ground instantly, either dead or unconscious)

- Get enemies to wear less armor / be weaker (They are bullet sponges for me, like... they can withstand 5 x 50cal bullets to the torso.. that's insane )

It all depends on what opfor units you are using, exactly what gear they are wearing, some equipment is really badly configured

4 hours ago, Sakarias411 said:

Does someone know how to :

- Reduce enemy damage (For example, when I take a single bullet, I fall on the ground instantly, either dead or unconscious)

- Get enemies to wear less armor / be weaker (They are bullet sponges for me, like... they can withstand 5 x 50cal bullets to the torso.. that's insane )

ace_medical_AIDamageThreshold = 1;

ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold = 1;

Most of the "can you set xyz to abc" can be answered by looking at the ace settings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belbo said:

ace_medical_AIDamageThreshold = 1;

ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold = 1;

Most of the "can you set xyz to abc" can be answered by looking at the ace settings.

You are my hero, thanks a lot ! It's working now !

anyone know which pbo's to remove if you wanna stop wind from affecting projectiles?

i removed:

ace_advanced_ballistics

ace_ballistics

ace_weather

ace_winddeflection

but when adjusting the scope, the bullet still hits far from target

3 hours ago, Steve 161st said:

Is there not a setting you can turn off to do this? (As opposed to deleting .pbos?)

ace_winddeflection_enabled = false;

11 hours ago, Belbo said:

ace_winddeflection_enabled = false;

still when setting wind deflection to false or deleting the pbo the projectile still hits far above target

how come this is?

1 hour ago, Steve 161st said:

That's probably more to do with ACE's barrel length simulation effect on bullet velocity

any way of disabling this?

I'm pretty sure with the way the ACE3 team has implemented CBA settings, you can now enable and disable just about anything you want without deleting pbos. All of the modules are very sensibly/helpfully named so I'd suggest going through all the options and seeing what you want and don't want.

4 hours ago, _leech said:

still when setting wind deflection to false or deleting the pbo the projectile still hits far above target

how come this is?

Because you fail to provide any context or example I will assume you are trying to throw hand grenades while looking through binoculars. I'm sorry. CUP M67 hand grenades are not calibrated to RHS Vector rangerfinder's point of aim. In fact they are not alike at all. 

Was that helpful? 

-k 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nkenny said:

Because you fail to provide any context or example I will assume you are trying to throw hand grenades while looking through binoculars. I'm sorry. CUP M67 hand grenades are not calibrated to RHS Vector rangerfinder's point of aim. In fact they are not alike at all. 

Was that helpful? 

-k 

very helpful thanks

i just want projectiles to hit on point like in vanilla, anyone know if thats possible?

1 hour ago, kklownboy said:

@ _leech;  play vanilla? 

still want everything from ace except that

In game, just go to 'Options -> addon options' and it's very likely the very first item on the drop down list will be ACE Advanced Ballistics. Just turn that off.

The developers really have made it extremely easy to customise these days... There's masses of options in that menu to customise ACE to exactly how you want it.

Simples

I'm sorry if it came across as snarky, however: I am not seeing any inaccuracies with vanilla, or RHS for that matter, optics. Quite the opposite.

Which weapons, at what distance, under which conditions. Those are rather relevant in this case.

1 hour ago, Steve 161st said:

In game, just go to 'Options -> addon options' and it's very likely the very first item on the drop down list will be ACE Advanced Ballistics. Just turn that off.

The developers really have made it extremely easy to customise these days... There's masses of options in that menu to customise ACE to exactly how you want it.

Simples

thanks i tried disable it in options but still hitting above target

1 hour ago, nkenny said:

I'm sorry if it came across as snarky, however: I am not seeing any inaccuracies with vanilla, or RHS for that matter, optics. Quite the opposite.

Which weapons, at what distance, under which conditions. Those are rather relevant in this case.

currently in vr on top of a tower with a MAR-10 / Kahlia shooting 700m but not hitting after zeroing even after disabling ballistics, wind and so on

what rounds?

but trying to be dead on like laser can be and is problematic, I've run into this all the time. That's why I try out the weapon combos and just use "dope". It is the feel that gets you the one shot. And turn off the magic reticule... its what makes you sad... . Live with the site and the environment/weapon system you choose/ rounds....

28 minutes ago, kklownboy said:

what rounds?

but trying to be dead on like laser can be and is problematic, I've run into this all the time. That's why I try out the weapon combos and just use "dope". It is the feel that gets you the one shot. And turn off the magic reticule... its what makes you sad... . Live with the site and the environment/weapon system you choose/ rounds....

using .338

Hey guys, can anyone offer me some data or documentation on how the BASIC medical system works in its functions.

On our server our missions are pretty fast paced and advanced for the most part is just not practical due to the intense fire fights that basically last the 2 hours of a mission.

Anyway the settings we use on the server are:

- Basic Medical System

- Player Health set to 1.5

- Prevent Instant Death

- Only medics can inject EPI

Now about 2 months ago we added the ACE 3 Canteen Mod and we removed the feature where all players could administer EPI - Link to ACE 3 Canteen Mod - The idea behind the canteen is that Players can use the Canteen as a Sudo EPI pen and pour water on the players head to wake them up but only with a chance, not a certainty like EPIs. Well this more than moving to ACRE 2 from TFAR has caused a rift in our community with some players feeling very strongly against the Canteen mod and others in total support.

So now I've written a darn essay on the back story. I want to know DATA and Function wise how the unconscious state works in BASIC medical with Prevent Instant Death turned on.

The way I think it works is

- Kill Shot with almost all of your Blood, you will make up on your own in 5 seconds or so on your own.

- Kill shot with medium amount of blood, you will need EPI to wake up but you will stay awake.

- Kill shot with low amount of blood, you will need Blood and EPI to wake up and stay awake.

Can anyone confirm or deny how the basic unconscious state works, because some people are saying the canteens don't work due to the way the mod is written, some are saying it has no function at all as you will always wake up unless you need blood. It would just be good to know for sure what we are dealing with when reviving unconscious players.

I'd like to spawn ACE-IEDs via script. Its actually no problem to spawn the model - but after spawn it does not have any IED functionality. Is there a function i have to use to "arm" the model and make it a full IED?