acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hi there, 

can I limit the amount of e.g. magazines in the ace Arsenal? 

Regards, Chris

12 hours ago, Dedmen said:

The module is called F.R.I.E.S.

"Fast Rope Insertion Extraction System"

Yeah, I'm not seeing it though. When I look at ACE Modules it's not visible, kinda weird.
I've tried with local and steam workshop version, redownloaded multiple times, with/without ACEX, vanilla and modded aircraft (with compatibility files), with a bunch of mods loaded and also only with CBA and ACE loaded. No dice on seeing the module in the editor.

Edited by jaaxxxxon
extra info

Not sure but I think the FRIES module went away with the rest of them.
You should be able to right click on the helo, select attributes, scroll to the bottom and under ACE options there should be a checkbox to add FRIES to the chopper.

Other wise you can just add the code into the init of the chopper, I think it's

[this] call ace_fastroping_fnc_equipFRIES

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi folks,
could you take a look at the Position Format (AGL/ASL) you used in the condition which detects vehicles with  "ace_isrepairfacility" Variable on it?
because over sea on the USS Liberty the Object is only caught by ((getPosASLW player nearObjects _radius) or (ASLtoAGL getposASL player nearObjects _radius).
This should work over land as well.
Maybe you used getposATL or getpos??

Can you fix that by the way?

Thanks and good night.

Has anyone managed to get AtragMX presets to work for additional mods? I've attempted to use it based on the template mentioned here: Link

(In the config viewer within the Editor, I do see the new 'ACE_ATragMX_Presets' class with the contents I was expecting from my config file)

However, I don't seem to see any of my new entries in the AtragMX.

One concern I had is that I'd previously made additional entries to the AtragMX manually so was wondering if this could affect whether this class works. (I've made quite a lot so I don't want to delete these just to test if this is the issue!)

Thanks for that - that's extremely helpful. That said, I can't see how my config differs from yours and therefore does not work unless there's a maximum character limit for the profile name. 

As I said, the other concern I has was the fact I'd made some manual entries in the AtragMX which it appears you don't have.

I'll try some shorter profile names but I'm not optimistic...

Fascinating... Pasting your R3F into my config does work so that does suggest I've got something wrong with the syntax somewhere....

Again, thanks for your help

Hello,

every time prepare FRIES and deploy ropes, the AI heli increase height ~5 meters and cut the ropes automaticly
what i am doing wrong?
FRIES broken??

From what I know Heli AI in Arma is as retarded as it can get. When the Fries first got released they did that...so I didn't bother with AI and FRIES anymore!

• Haha 1

Is there a way to add Microdagr waypoints via an addaction? I'd like to have my pilots have extra waypoints for IP's etc. without cluttering up the GPS for everyone else, also for different training areas and such.

jusy found - there are no ACE modules like in the past (ace medical and e.t.c).

So question is: 

I make mission with advanced ballistic enabled in ace menu. For example I set no barell lengh calcutaion and some other option.

How must I save exactly these setting in mission  so that other people play with same settings? In past I put ace modules and save my settings like I want 

42 minutes ago, sammael said:

jusy found - there are no ACE modules like in the past (ace medical and e.t.c).

So question is: 

I make mission with advanced ballistic enabled in ace menu. For example I set no barell lengh calcutaion and some other option.

How must I save exactly these setting in mission  so that other people play with same settings? In past I put ace modules and save my settings like I want 

https://ace3mod.com/2017/12/20/cba-settings.html

20 minutes ago, sammael said:

I know about this cba settings.

Is that meant when I save mission with my custom cba ace setting and somone download this mission from steam - he automatic use my ace settings in mission like I planned?

Yes.

12 hours ago, sammael said:

Is that meant when I save mission with my custom cba ace setting and somone download this mission from steam - he automatic use my ace settings in mission like I planned?

Click the link. Click the link to the CBA settings wiki.
https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/CBA-Settings-System#mission-settings

All settings can be stored in a mission (mission.sqm). Mission makers can change the mission settings in the Eden-Editor by selecting the Mission tab.

I think that answers your question.

Other possibility https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/CBA-Settings-System#add-settings-file-to-mission-without-cba

if you haven't already tried it, the place i would start is in the CBA Settings in the mission editor - ie. 

Setttingss\Addon Options\Server Tab\ACEX Sitting Dropdown\Enable Sitting\OVerwrite both Clients and Mission

you will probably get more answers here if you haven't already found it; 

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/CBA-Settings-System#server-settings

hope that helps. 

I'm having an issue with setting up FRIES on a helicopter, I remember there used to be a module, but I'm not seeing it. Issue on my end, or am I missing something? Anyone else run into this?

8 minutes ago, Broseph_Stalin90 said:

or am I missing something

That.

There is a checkbox in 3DEN Attributes that you can just tick.

Is there a file anywhere in which the loadouts from Ace-arsenal are stored? Having migrated A3 to a new SSD and forgetting to manually transfer files instead of letting steam handle it I'm missing addons and trying to work out which ones

ACE Arsenal loadouts are saved in profileNamespace, same thing as vanilla loadouts.

Copy the profile to your new SSD and everything should work out.

• Thanks 1

It's less about copying the loadouts - they transferred fine - than finding out what mods were used in each so that I can replace them