acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

18 hours ago, nordicbloodhound said:

I've always wondered if it's possible from a modding standpoint, to make a little mod with ACE interaction that lets you apply face camo to your soldier. Like having a small item in your inventory and then use ACE interact....

There is such a mod called Camofaces, unfortunately it was never updated past the Apex release and think it doesn't work anymore.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, socs said:

I noticed while playing that Fast Roping is kinda broken I think? When roping down my character spins aimlessly then falls off midway down and dies, the helicopter isn't moving and is practically completely still... Im using the most up to date version.... Any fixes?

Hi SOCS,  I remember the first time we tried the fast roping out.  What you describe was what we suffered from.  That said next time we tried it and on the few subsequent occasions it seemed to work find.  My wildest suggestion is to do a fresh restart on your server as my impression is ACE sulks if it is left on a server that runs for a long time.

Good luck  S

2 minutes ago, strider42 said:

Hi SOCS,  I remember the first time we tried the fast roping out.  What you describe was what we suffered from.  That said next time we tried it and on the few subsequent occasions it seemed to work find.  My wildest suggestion is to do a fresh restart on your server as my impression is ACE sulks if it is left on a server that runs for a long time.

Good luck  S

This isn't on a server, rather, just singleplayer as I'm preforming test runs... I appreciate the response though! Cheers and enjoy! :D

How do you add an action to the ace interaction menu to a specific body part? And I mean by scripting not in a config. Like how on someone's arm it says "inject morphine" if you have morphine, but it won't say that on their head or torso. Couldn't find any info on this after searching for a long time. Thanks.

Hi,

I currently have this code:

baseHeadgear = [
"rhsusf_ach_bare_ess"
];

[box1, false, false] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;
[box1, [baseHeadgear]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_addVirtualItems

So I want to add the arsenal to a box. But to manage my whitelisted items a bit more I want to sort them in arrays beforehand. 

But currently my syntax seems to be wrong.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks

^ @senqa20

yourTag_baseHeadgear = [
"rhsusf_ach_bare_ess"
];

yourTag_baseVests =  [
];

yourTag_baseUniforms = [
];

private _whitelist = [];

{
	_whitelist append _x;
} foreach [yourTag_baseHeadgear, yourTag_baseVests, yourTag_baseUniforms];

[box1, _whitelist, false] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;

You don't need to call addVirtualItems if you pass the items to initBox.
tag your global vars and don't use global vars unless you need to.

• Thanks 2

Would the range tables for the M119 (105mm) Gun from ACE2 work in arma 3? If not, are you planning on adding 105mm range tables to ACE3? 

• Like 1

Been searching the thread but couldn't find an answer;
ACE3 & CBA seem to have removed a large number of scopes from the available pool. Especially noticeable are the BIS scopes like the DMS or ERCO (from Apex). I know they are fictional and therefore less likely to see support in a realism mod, but it makes like somewhat interesting when attempting to play through the official campaigns or any scenario that uses Vanilla content ONLY. 

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to regain access to them? CBA on it's own used to give them compatibility so I'm assuming it's an ACE3 thing...

TIA

Nothing has been removed, all the scopes are still there. Must be something else, maybe a mod conflict...

Oh Hell. Was worried someone would say that :unhappy: Time to start the horrible process of working out what's doing it. Odd as it only started when I added ACE3 to my modlist

-----

OK this is weird. Knocking off mods that could possibly affect things I realise that the only BIS scopes I have access to are the ones that ACE3 gives 2D/PIP options for; all others are closed off. No-one else has this problem?

-----

FOUND IT! 

The problem wasn't a mod but compatibility files packaged within a mod. I will pass the info onto the author in case anyone else has experienced this.

On 6/2/2018 at 6:00 AM, pognivet said:

How do you add an action to the ace interaction menu to a specific body part? And I mean by scripting not in a config. Like how on someone's arm it says "inject morphine" if you have morphine, but it won't say that on their head or torso. Couldn't find any info on this after searching for a long time. Thanks.

Is there a reason you want to achieve this? In reality you wouldn't inject morphine into your skull nor your torso lol... It has the same effect if you inject it in your leg if your torso took hits or damage... Its mainly just to get the white shit out of your way while playing cause after a minute it becomes quite annoying xD

Hi guys!

I have a strange problem that suddenly occured.  When I start up the game, it crashes with a error message saying:

"include file z\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found" 

I find this weird because I do not have ACE3 installed and I never have.  Does anybody know what this error message means?

21 hours ago, jonstyle said:

I find this weird because I do not have ACE3 installed

That is exactly what that error message is telling you. You don't have ACE. But something needs ACE.

Hello, I have a question about ACE Arsenal.

It is possible to delete all items (from vanilla and mods) and add only required by me things?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

on our server we have got some troubles with the CPR... With ACE Advanced Medic system guys getting shot down don't awake again, even if all vital signs are very good (CPR is shown twice in the medic menu even if just export one time). Another problem (could be an issue at ACE?) when a player has been shot down (blackout) and awakes again, the FPS drops down to 7-20 FPS.

Does anyone has the same problems? Does anyone know a solutions for these problems?

@.Max We have been seeing these problems with our server with the ACE Advanced Medic system.

Try:

ace_medical_preventInstaDeath = true;

ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage = true;

Don't get hung up on the logic of this as far as I can see there is none.  I have spoken to the ACE team on Slack and they don't know why this should have any effect.  My observations suggest that these setting mean a player is more likely to recover consciousness on their own and with these settings I have not seen the Pulse ~80; BP ~110/75; Not bleeding; Not in pain  but still unconscious (at which point the only way of getting the player up is to use a PAK).  Good luck  S

PS - Oops, missed the second issue.  We don't have that so I guessing the above changes will not affect on it.

Edited by strider42
Missed 2nd issue
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I found out that when ACE night vision is enabled, most of the GUI elements(eg. weapon info, stance indicator, action menu, GPS, command list) are nearly invisible.  Any workaround, please?

AFAIK it's intended that way. Plus there's no real workaround that  doesn't require rewriting the whole nightvision module and breaking something else in it. If possible at all due to engine limitations....

6 hours ago, HBAOplus said:

Hey guys, I found out that when ACE night vision is enabled, most of the GUI elements(eg. weapon info, stance indicator, action menu, GPS, command list) are nearly invisible.  Any workaround, please?

Everything is regulated in CBA settings on the server you are playing on.

So maybe it is just intended this "hard".

5 hours ago, Max255 said:

AFAIK it's intended that way. Plus there's no real workaround that  doesn't require rewriting the whole nightvision module and breaking something else in it. If possible at all due to engine limitations....

You can tweak nearly every setting of the nightvision effects in CBA settings if you are the server admin.

You can also more or less disable every effect

Regards

Chaser

He's talking about actual NVG overlay masking the GUI. That's not regulated by any options in CBA settings. Only things you can change with those are effects options (grain, blurriness, fog, etc). To change the overlay you'd need to edit the module because of the way it is applied.

14 hours ago, Max255 said:

Thanks for the reply. It's a pitty I have to temporarily zoom in to maximum, in order to command my teammates.

On 11/30/2015 at 5:12 AM, mcdiod said:

How does ace_interaction_fnc_addPassengerAction work? 

From ace_interaction.pbo: 

* Arguments:
 * 0: Vehicle <OBJECT>
 * 1: Player <OBJECT>
 * 3: Parameters <ARRAY>
 * Return value:
 * Children actions <ARRAY>
 * Example:
 * array = [target, player, [params]] call ace_interaction_fnc_addPassengerAction
 * Public: No

What I have:

• An AI unit, myunit
  • A vehicle, myvehicle
  • An action, myaction, that I created with ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction

Adding myaction to myunit with ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject works fine. Now myunit gets into myvehicle. I, as a passenger, want to access myunit's action. 

Here is the code:

//This works:
myaction = ["myactionname", "My Action", "", {mycode}, {true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
[myunit, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], myaction] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

//This doesn't:
[myvehicle, myunit, ["myactionname"]] call ace_interaction_fnc_addPassengerAction;

//Or:
[myvehicle, myunit, ["ACE_MainActions", "myactionname"]] call ace_interaction_fnc_addPassengerAction;

//Or:
[myvehicle, myunit, [myaction]] call ace_interaction_fnc_addPassengerAction;

Did this question ever get answered? I'm looking to do the same thing, but am having some difficulty with the syntax to the point where it seems to keep breaking the script I'm calling it from.

please increase the stamina or reduce the consumption of the stamina, 20 / 25Kg in the back and the soldad can not handle 200m being that in training they carry more than that and having to run 20Km!

56 minutes ago, heero180 said:

please increase the stamina or reduce the consumption of the stamina, 20 / 25Kg in the back and the soldad can not handle 200m being that in training they carry more than that and having to run 20Km!

You can change that by yourself in the settings menu.