acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I'm starting to get frustrated. I tried going back into the game today and use the VR arsenal to equip the Roamer tool, once again. And I could not access it. I'm getting ready to give up on this ARMA game. Yes, I could do it the easy way and just estimate, but I currently want to do a resection in order to determine my location, and this is exactly why the military developed the map and compass. This mission is the perfect excuse to use it. If someone could please help me, I havn't progressed in this mission in over a month because I want this to work before I continue. 

You can access Zeus, right? I would try dropping down equipent crate and putting the map tools in it.

So, you're going to give up on a game because you can't land nav in the basic vanilla campaign without help?
ACE doesn't have anything to do with the vanilla game play or campaigns.  The vanilla campaigns aren't made to use ACE from the ground up.

In any case, you can Access Zeus with Y key.  That gives you an interface to see everything going on in the mission and add items or change game play.
I would suggest only using it to give yourself what you need by searching for items (like an ACE special items crate).

OR you can get the Personal Arsenal mod and use it to access arsenal at any time to get what you need when you start the mission, and save/load kits.

Could I get a hand regarding the ACE Arsenal feature? (I did try to join the public slack to ask but it hung after putting my email in.)

The question was how to add ACE arsenal via an addaction rather than in the ACE interaction menu? I did try:

this addAction ["Virtual Arsenal", {[this, true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox}];

But it doesn't work as I thought it would. Could I receive a point in the right direction as I've read the wiki framework documentation and still cannot work this out.

I don't think they have it set up to access in any other way than via ACE interaction.  This is to differentiate it from Vanilla Arsenal.

33 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

I don't think they have it set up to access in any other way than via ACE interaction.  This is to differentiate it from Vanilla Arsenal.

But shouldn't an addaction have the possibility to call the arsenal the same way the ace interaction button does?

Is there any fix to the radio being removed as soon as you enter Arsenal or load a loadout?

15 hours ago, kennyleif said:

Is there any fix to the radio being removed as soon as you enter Arsenal or load a loadout?

Yes. Needs support from TFAR. Which TFAR 1.0 has.

I'm currently looking through the code for advanced throwing... Is there by any chance a kind of fired-EVH for thrown grenades? The vanilla fired-EVH will not be triggered by grenades thrown with advanced throwing, so I'm looking for some working alternative.

If there is, I'm not finding it.

11 hours ago, Belbo said:

I'm currently looking through the code for advanced throwing... Is there by any chance a kind of fired-EVH for thrown grenades? The vanilla fired-EVH will not be triggered by grenades thrown with advanced throwing, so I'm looking for some working alternative.

If there is, I'm not finding it.

XEH Throw will be thrown, there is also an EH specifically for Advanced Throwing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jonpas said:

XEH Throw will be thrown, there is also an EH specifically for Advanced Throwing.

I've rarely worked with the cba evh system thus far... would that remove a thrown grenade?

_removeThrowable = ["ace_throwableThrown", {
	params ["_unit","_activeThrowable"];
	deleteVehicle _activeThrowable;
}] call CBA_fnc_addEventHandler;

On 23/3/2018 at 10:46 AM, Dedmen said:

Yes. Needs support from TFAR. Which TFAR 1.0 has.

Yeah but is 1.0 out? We are running the beta version..

5 hours ago, Belbo said:

I've rarely worked with the cba evh system thus far... would that remove a thrown grenade?

_removeThrowable = ["ace_throwableThrown", {
	params ["_unit","_activeThrowable"];
	deleteVehicle _activeThrowable;
}] call CBA_fnc_addEventHandler;

It should, try it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jonpas said:

It should, try it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It does work... the grenade still explodes though. :D Haven't seen that before. But moving the grenade to [0,0,0] works though.

#edit: It seems like there's no way to get the magazine classname from the _activeThrowable, or is there?

G'day Ace Devs,

With ACE refuelling, is there anyway you can refill the fuel cargo once you have used all of the allocated fuel? Can you refill the fuel cargo from another fuel supply or do you need to script the refill?

I can't play the game(file:ace_gunbag.pbo is outdated).How to fix it? thx

21 hours ago, Belbo said:

It does work... the grenade still explodes though. :D Haven't seen that before. But moving the grenade to [0,0,0] works though.

#edit: It seems like there's no way to get the magazine classname from the _activeThrowable, or is there?

There is, but it's a bit complicated and might change in the future (not public API). You should be able to do something like:

private _throwableMag = ace_advanced_throwing_ammoMagLookup getVariable (typeOf _activeThrowable);

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jonpas said:

There is, but it's a bit complicated and might change in the future (not public API). You should be able to do something like:

private _throwableMag = ace_advanced_throwing_ammoMagLookup getVariable (typeOf _activeThrowable);

For now it works perfectly, that's more than I hoped for. Thank you very much! :)

• Like 1

Need a bit of help:

In 3den editor I want to edit some units loadouts using simply the clipboard with a script I saved on a text file using the vanilla virtual arsenal. ACE restricts me to use the ACE arsenal and I can't load the gear. What can I do?

i need some help, im trying to make V-44 X Blackfish to....kind of a Flying ARV+MEV

this is what i made

class CfgVehicles
{
    class B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_F;
    class B_T_VTOL_01_support_F: B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_F
    {
        displayName= V-44X Blackfish(Support);
        ace_cargo_space = 30;
        transportAmmo=0;
        ace_rearm_defaultSupply=1200;
        ace_repair_canRepair=1;
        ace_refuel_fuelCargo=100000;
        attendant=1;
        supplyRadius=50;
        vehicleClass="Support";
        secondaryExplosion=10000;
        fuelExplosionPower=1;
        explosionEffect="SupplyExplosion";
    };
};

repair and refuel works fine, but rearm is not working (attendant? maybe working?)

even i gave 'this setVariable ["ace_rearm_isSupplyVehicle", true]' to blackfish, the rearm interaction never show up. only cargo and refuel show up.

please give me a advice

Hey first thanks for all the work you guys put into this mod, the recent updates have been great!

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the awesome fortify tool and the ease at which you can build fortifications, it's amazing!

Just a couple of questions about it. The first is probably the most common one, is it possible to add/subtract from the budget via trigger/script? I'm thinking the players manage to acquire a supply truck with x amount of $ worth of supplies and now they can build more.

Secondly it's probably not possible now, but in later releases can we have a way to restrict via roles? Eg we define 3 arrays, the first being what anybody with a tool can build, the second array is what you can build if you're an engineer, and the third is for advanced engineers. That way I can have anyone in my squad build a sandbag wall, but only the engineers can build a bunker for instance.

*edit* My brain's just run away with this. It would be amazing if we could assign an array of objects that can be built to another object and then the players have to be within a set distance from that object to build.
Eg I have one crate with bunker supplies, another with sandbag supplies and you can only build a bunker if you're within say 25m of the bunker crate. That way you could set it up so that players have to load the crates into trucks, drive them out to the location, unload the crates and then build their FOB or checkpoint.

Being able to limit what's in each crate and the $value of each crate would be awesome. 

Thanks again for all the time and effort you guys put into this. So appreciated <3

Just installed ACE3 and I read it implements PiP scopes so just wondering how you enable them and what scopes it works with? (note alread have my PiP set to ultra but note ther now also seems to be a 1200m option?)

Just started using ACE3 (via steam) and got some noobie questions.............

1)Started getting a rather strange white tunnel vision effect assume its ment to simulate maybe injury or fatigue - just wondering how I can disable or what I need to apply to fix it?

2)At the start of each game I get an error message saying I need the required compatability patches ACE3/RHS - also have 3 or 4 RHS mods installed - can anyone supply a link to the "official" patch?if i search steam i get loads of unofficial ones........

3)Might be my lack of time with the mod - but in some missions I seem to lose my interface for managing my team (this means my direct team mates and also wider units such as other squads and Heol support which I would normally summon with Ctrl+Space................................is this a bit or is a new system to replace it?.....any help appreciated

Hello Mac1! First off, your question is in the wrong forum. These kind of question threads would be better suited here: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/167-arma-3-questions-answers/ Or as a question inside the particular mods' own dedicated thread. 

Though to answer your questions:

1) Yes, the white, pulsing "tunnel vision" effect is meant to indicate that you are hurt and feeling pain. You can change it so the screen gets slightly blurry and the colours fade out (It's called "Chromatic" something in the ACE settings screen). To decrease and remove pain you use morphine, which you will find in the misc category on uniforms, vests, and backpacks. You apply morphine using your self-interact and other-interact key (ctrl+left windows key, and left windows key by default). Morphine can only be injected into the arms or legs.

2) If you have RHS installed it's a good idea to install the ACE compat files, you can find them here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/acemod/myworkshopfiles/ - they'll make it so RHS weapons can use vanilla magazines in appropriate caliber sizes (Vanilla 5.56 mags in RHS 5.56 weapons, etc.).

3) Not sure about this one, I rarely play with AI team mates, but I have the interface whenever I've tested it. Make sure it isn't another mod you're running that is causing this.