acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I agree with Strike_NOR, ACE2 cookoffs were amazing and legitimately scary at times. I bet the ACE soundmod helped a lot with that.

That reminds me, will there ever be a ACE soundmod for Arma 3?

17 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Please forgive me if I'm stepping on any toes, but, what happened to the cookoff from ACE 2.0?

Not at all. Though I should point out that the script was directly taken from ACE2 and updated.

I do agree with you though that the resulting effect is too predictable. It's something that's slowly been improved, but the nature of ACE is that things get worked on as needed/desired (and when time permits). The good news is that it's open source, so anyone can submit a change to improve cookoff and if the consensus is that it's good then it'll become part of ACE3.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SilentSpike said:

Not at all. Though I should point out that the script was directly taken from ACE2 and updated.

I do agree with you though that the resulting effect is too predictable. It's something that's slowly been improved, but the nature of ACE is that things get worked on as needed/desired (and when time permits). The good news is that it's open source, so anyone can submit a change to improve cookoff and if the consensus is that it's good then it'll become part of ACE3.

Thanks for being cool about it. Actually, if you don't mind, could I have a look at it? I am by NO means an experienced coder, but I'm highly motivated :) Worst thing that can happen is that I fail. Best case? Someone else improved it for you :)

20 hours ago, oneisdown said:

is there a way to add the ace hellfires to the rhs apaches? 

There is indeed an ACE / RHS missile compatibility mod on steam.  It's by a third party, but it works.

42 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

Thanks for being cool about it. Actually, if you don't mind, could I have a look at it? I am by NO means an experienced coder, but I'm highly motivated :) Worst thing that can happen is that I fail. Best case? Someone else improved it for you :)

Well as he said, its open source. Give it a go and head over to their Github. If you'd get it to work....thats be great! :3

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ski2060 said:

There is indeed an ACE / RHS missile compatibility mod on steam.  It's by a third party, but it works.

There is an official one from us (ACE3 Team), which is on our GitHub.

• Like 1

I'm having an issue where I get in a vehicle and it will not move (Well it does move but very slowly and usually not forwards or backwards, with the vehicle vehicle drifting diagonally) on the clans server.  No one else seems to have the problem.  I have tried a second PC connecting to the same server with the same mod set and that works fine.

The cure appears to be to not run the ACE mod.  Then everything is fine.

I have:

• Check the ArmA game cache with Steam.
  • Reinstalled ACE.
  • Created a new player profile.

Anyone come across a similar problem, have a solution or know something I can try?  S

Edited by strider42
Improved description of problem

Hey guys, so as I mentioned in a previous thread, I am now using the ACE 3 mod for ARMA 3, and recently tried out the NVGs in the mission editor after setting time to night. I used the most advanced version I could find (Version 4 or 5?).  And they are way too grainy to even use. It's not much better than using the naked eye.  If they are trying to simulate real NVGs, then they are way off.  I mean, ARMA 3 is set in the near future, they have VR tech and all that, so they should have better or atleast the same quality NVGs I used in the service, and my AN-PVS 14s were a million times better than what's offered in the game. Even the two-eye NVG we had right before the 14s (that are worse quality) has a significantly better resolution than what's seen in the game. I mean, I was in a dark room with an enemy who was standing no further than 2 feet in front of me, and I could not make him out. 

That's simply ridiculous. I can't make anything out. I had the brightness turned up all the way, btw.  Is there any way to fix this?

yep in the pause menu find config addons sorry i can't  be more specific i am not on arma at the moment  there is a whole bunch of ace options in there.

for nv i ended up turning it pretty off because i couldn't find a setting that i felt was realistic to the nv gear i used.

Configure Addons - ACE NVG

We are pretty happy with 0, 0.5, 0.4.

First one unlocks view distance limit, second reduces grain, third is aim blur.

• Like 1

Problem with "ACE Arsenal" (pardon me of it was already addressed):

I'm creating a template of gear loadouts using ACE arsenal, and one of the mods I'm using is the Black Ops Weapons 80's 90's by beppe_goodoldrebel.

When saving a loadout with a weapon from the mentioned mod, the weapon suddenly disappears.

Is there any way to force ACE settings in a mission now? You used to be able to overwrite player settings with the modules, but I can't find how to do it with CBA settings.

38 minutes ago, mjolnir66 said:

Is there any way to force ACE settings in a mission now? You used to be able to overwrite player settings with the modules, but I can't find how to do it with CBA settings.

Yes.  When you make the mission, CBA allows you to set the variables on the Missions tab.  As far as I know, mission settings overwrite Client settings and server settings.
You can change that via the settings priority checkboxes. 
For CBA https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/CBA-Settings-System#mission-settings
https://ace3mod.com/2017/12/20/cba-settings.html

• Like 1

Hey, I posted a few weeks ago, but noone responded, so I'm making my question even more specific. 

I am playing through the ARMA 3 vanilla single player campaign. I installed the ACE 3 mod a few weeks ago. There are a whole lot of goodies that I want to get into in this mod, but the thing I'm primarily driven to use is the mapping/roamer tool system for the purpose of land navigation.  I want to use this in my single player campaign. Is there anyway to use this in the single player campaign?  I am guessing the map in the single player campaign isn't the same as the ACE 3 map, so I would want the ACE 3 map. I would also want the roamer tool, as well as all the extraneous mapping features, such as using the roamer tool to draw straight lines, etc. So far, I've only been playing via the mission editor. But I want to continue off on my campaign as well.  

@Pickles0311

Yes, ACE3's map changes should affect the campaign, and all downloaded/ played missions. If you only want the map features, and not the other changes, you can look into the PBO's and remove whichever ones you do/do not want, or you can just run the full ACE3 package. 

Here's a link to the website explaining what PBO does what- https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

Okay, so I'm still early on in the game. I'm in the mission where you are making a hasty withdrawal to the sea after a major AAF attack. You boat gets taken out and you wash up on the shore with no equipment aside from a pistol. You have to make your way back to friendly units while on your own. In the mission, I've managed to kill a couple enemy troops and have a map and all other standard equipment. But even with the mod activated, I have no map tool (roamer). I know Bohemia probably didn't include that in the campaign since it's a user made addition. So how do I activate/obtain it in the mission? 

No, I don't need to cheat. I am not having trouble with the mission, I just want the technical mapping tools to be able to navigate realistically, actually make my way to grid points using my compass, etc.  That would require the use of the advanced map and Roamer tool. 

9 hours ago, Pickles0311 said:

No, I don't need to cheat. I am not having trouble with the mission, I just want the technical mapping tools to be able to navigate realistically, actually make my way to grid points using my compass, etc.  That would require the use of the advanced map and Roamer tool. 

You need to have your map tools in your inventory if you want to use them. So if you want to have them in the campaign, you most probably need to use virtual arsenal and add them to your uniform or vest. I'm not sure if there's any other way.

Okay, I downloaded the cheat. I opened up the virtual arsenal, but it won't show all the extras for my misc. inventory such as the roamer tool. It does show the renamed weapon names that come with the ACE 3 mod, so the cheat is recognizing the ACE 3 mod, but I'm not seeing all the extra stuff in the misc. section of my clothing or vest inventory.  I have used the Virtual Arsenal when customizing my loadout in the mission editor before I got the cheat, and have used it to play with the roamer tool, but I'm not getting the roamer tool now. It only shows the mine detector and Tool kit in my Misc menu. What's going on? 

Hey guys,

My unit is considering moving away from the basic medical into some form of the Advanced medical. But the biggest concern is slowing the gameplay down too much.

Now my understanding is if a player injures their leg they will need a PAK in order to stop the limping.

Now because PAKs are basically a magical cure all, we don't want them use anywhere on the battlefield but only in medical vehicles or facilities.

However not every mission is going to have a vehicle near by or a facility to do a full heal.

So I've read that the heal hit points when using bandages settings in CBA will fix the limbs to the point players can run again without using a PAK. Is this true? Does it have any other additional features?

Does bandaging actually help the player with hit points in the sense they will have more health and life? or is there anything extra I should know about the heal hit points with bandages setting?

PAKs aren't required for stopping the limping, enable hitpoint healing.
No, players won't have more health nor anything extra.

Any tips for adjusting the AI nightvision view distance? Just reducing the overall "skill" level in the editor does not seem to make much difference.

According to issue tracker:
"By design. The mission maker can adjust the AI skill, and that is way better than ace interfering with AI mods again."

Try using Eden Enhanced.  You can get granular skill adjustment, so you can drop their Spotting distance/Skill down by itself instead of overall AI skill. 

Hey @jo spanner: I'm using this in an script:

// REDUCE SPOTTING RANGE BY NIGHT
_isNight = sunOrMoon;

if (_isNight < 1) then {

_this setskill ["spotDistance", 0.10];
    _this setskill ["spotTime", 0.15];

} else {

_this setskill ["spotDistance", 0.20];
    _this setskill ["spotTime", 0.36];

};

• Like 1