acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

12 hours ago, nkenny said:

I like the new pylon dialogue, but dislike the limitations.  Especially for carrier based missions the need for a rearm truck is cumbersome.  Is there any way to use the [vehicle ace_player,true] call ace_pylons_fnc_showDialog function to bypass the requirements and limitations?  I keep getting the same error:  "stopped at pylon 1"

-k 

Cant U use the HURON or TARU ammo container? Iam using it to rearm vehicles, and it works same way as the ammo truck does.

• Like 1

That is clever. Will check it out. Would however like to have a resources free way of configuring pylons. 

-k 

On 08/01/2018 at 7:08 AM, bertram said:

Since the latest update spectator are now dying in my missions with their bodies being deleted upon death. I've configured ACE Spectator and ACE Respawn in the new addon menus and they seem to be working as before with the exception of spectators drowning in the corner of the map. 

I use respawn at base so players can JIP back in easily however it seems players are being hidden but places in the corner of the terrain (I'm not sure if that always happened in ACE Spectator but nonetheless they drown in the latest update and not previous versions).

This shouldn't be possible, a player's body can't be deleted until they have respawned (at least, that was the case when I tested this when I first wrote the spectator code) ?

There are only two pieces of code that do anything with the corner of the map:

• One is the respawn template for modes 1/4/5 (bird, group and side) where death is permanent and the player becomes a seagull. It creates a new virtual unit to switch the player to, so that they can still use zeus even though they're technically dead.
  • The other is that an agent is created so that while in free camera the code can switch the current view to it (this is to get around issues with icons failing to render when the player is permanently dead and their corpse is deleted, it's entirely behind the scenes and as far as the user is concerned does nothing).

Your best bet would be to create an issue on the tracker with an appropriate rpt file and reproduction steps.

On 8.1.2018 at 11:22 AM, drdetroit said:

Please, do tell!  I've been looking for how to unmute the player for SP and can't find it.

Also, in SP with ACE medical enabled, do the AI actually heal themselves/others?  I've never seem to be able to get the AI medic to heal me, or any of the AI squad, when injured, however, ACE WIKI says AI will heal the player and other injured AI. 

Thanks and good day!

DrDetroit

Under AddOn Options -> ACE Common -> untick "mute player"

• Like 1

I noticed that players fall unconcious because of any amount of damage. This makes a Vest useless bacause i still lay on the ground and bleed out.

I'm not sure that is how it's supposed to work.

1 hour ago, the m said:

I noticed that players fall unconcious because of any amount of damage. This makes a Vest useless bacause i still lay on the ground and bleed out.

I'm not sure that is how it's supposed to work.

There are two reasons players fall unconscious using basic medical system.

1. They go unconscious from being shot and going into temporary shock. This usually happens from a non fatal shot to something like the leg, arm or torso while wearing a vest. The player will go unconscious for a shot period of time and provided they have enough blood in their system they will wake up on their own. If they don't have enough blood ("Has lost a lot of blood when diagnosing them) they will need a medic to administer blood before giving them epi to wake up.

2. They go unconscious from a fatal wound but instead of dying your medical settings keep them alive but put them in a revive unconscious state. For example if your server runs Prevent Instant Death or Revive (do not run both) if a player takes a fatal blow the system will prevent a flash death and put them in a medical state. The player then will need at least and EPI pen from another player as a minimum. It is best to bandage the player and diagnose them to see if they need blood before giving them epi to wake them up. 

For advanced medical I don't know. I haven't used it much.

I know but the amount of damage it takes to get knocked out is too little. A shot in the arm or leg will not knock you out.

And why am i unconcious if the vest is hit? Maybe I stumble but being unconcious is a bit much

Hello ACE Team...Arma3=ACE3.

But when flying G-effect is very strong so I disabled it...Will You in future make it customizable like Night vision?

(if with 12.1 I can enable ace optionals and NV get fixed this will be a great update!!)

Thank you for your work!

are you flying with a flight suit? Flight suit adjusts the g-force coefficient to give your better endurance. You can also do it via script for the units which will play the pilot.
I think ACE_GForceCoef was the varialbles name

so in pilot unit's init

if(isserver) then {this setVariable ["ACE_GForceCoef", 0.8];}

0.8 is used as example. The lower you have the higher endurance you will get

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is airway management a planned feature of ace medical? If so, what will it comprise of? I think I remember hearing about RSI and NG tubes but other sources just state it will be OPA's/NPA's, and me and my team would be quite interested in this feature if it was implemented. Thanks in advance.

Hi, did you replace ace_movement_fnc_getWeight? If so - could you explain how it works now? (or give me a link to documentation) Cheers!

Edit: found it

Is there a bug with the new ace release where jipping players have a horrible FPS drop?

It seems that since we updated ace in our group, anyone who JIPs into the mission (even if its at map screen) has his fps capped to 5 at the map screen and half his normal fps in-game..

Hi Bananas,

Is there a way to get/set these options

force ace_advanced_fatigue_performanceFactor = 1;
force ace_advanced_fatigue_recoveryFactor = 1;
force ace_advanced_fatigue_loadFactor = 1;
force ace_advanced_fatigue_terrainGradientFactor = 1;

individually to make units weaker/stronger than others?

Something like:

this ace_advanced_fatigue_performanceFactor = 0.5;

Greets, Me

About server updating..

Oure game server wont allow me to upload dll files so i have to use steam and i hate that.

Can i just upload the folders ore didt the dll files change to??

Mega job on the importing of the VA Arsenal guys.. works a treat !!

• Like 1

Is there any way to filter the Arsenal like in vanilla without having to find every item's classname to add it?

Requires CBA Version 3.5 or later

and Arma 3 Version 1.78 or later.

This patch fixes a number of bugs from previous ACE3 release and various enhancements.

ACE Arsenal now allows porting saved loadouts from Vanilla Arsenal and optional components are built in separate folders which can be launched directly.
If you're looking to chat with us be sure to join our public Slack group!

Change Log Summary can be viewed on GitHub Here.

• Like 4

Thanks and good job!

Is there a way to disable voice and face tabs in arsenal? 

Edit: "In server" and not Eden.

@loopdk My hoster don't allow to upload dll's too. I have to upload all in a .rar file and they did it for me.

But since the last ACE 3 update the dll's didn't change.

• Thanks 1

On 14.1.2018 at 10:23 AM, Bayern_Maik said:

Hi Bananas,

Is there a way to get/set these options

force ace_advanced_fatigue_performanceFactor = 1;
force ace_advanced_fatigue_recoveryFactor = 1;
force ace_advanced_fatigue_loadFactor = 1;
force ace_advanced_fatigue_terrainGradientFactor = 1;

individually to make units weaker/stronger than others?

Something like:

this ace_advanced_fatigue_performanceFactor = 0.5;

Greets, Me

Anyone? 

2 hours ago, HimawariSunflower said:

Please return the specification of night vision goggles. It is strange that you can not see it properly if it is not a bright place.

I assume you mean you want to vanilla arma 3 nightvision back?

Nightvision is often hyped to be some amazing device that turns pitch black into green, crisp daybright conditions.

This is false.

A much better and accurate description is "Light amplification goggles", because that is in fact what they do. They use available light and amplify it. 

If you are in pitch black conditions (no nearby cities, no moonlight, etc), it will not have any light to amplify. Also, having used military NVG equipment myself, I can confirm that the image is often very grainy and depending on gogglet type, you lose depth perception completely.

A way to mitigate this issue is to use IR strobes, or flashlights. If the enemy are "low tech", they cannot see the IR light, but your NVG goggles can see it. Therefore you can illuminate an area with IR light, and see that through NVG (don't think this is simulated beyond IR strobes and Lasers in ArmA3 though).

So, NVG goggles are actually not always ideal in dark conditions, sometimes you are better off using flares and flashlights.

2 hours ago, HimawariSunflower said:

Please return the specification of night vision goggles. It is strange that you can not see it properly if it is not a bright place.

What @Strike_NOR said, additionally there are settings to tweak it (as has been said MANY MANY times before), with which you can basically make it look like old NVGs by dropping them all completely.