acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I was wondering what settings are people using with the new NVG system? I notice with the RHS NVGs you cant increase the brightness past 0 and its pretty hard to see anything when its overcast/no moon.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

I was wondering what settings are people using with the new NVG system? I notice with the RHS NVGs you cant increase the brightness past 0 and its pretty hard to see anything when its overcast/no moon.

Thanks!

I believe that is intentional as that is how they work irl. Nvgs needs some form of ambient light to amplify (moon, stars, man made lightsources)

9 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

Thanks!

Nightvision needs light to work. Without it you cant see anything, sometimes its better to not even use it as its easier to see with your own eyes. 

My unit is running the settings NVG at .5 or .4 and with at least a Half Moon.  Anything darker on the moonand it is damn near impossible to see the ground. 
We've taken to using half moon or higher, and then adjusting with Overcast if we want to have it darker for NVGs.

What file/code changes the First Aid Kits into Bandages/Morphine when it's added to your inventory?

On 1/2/2018 at 6:09 PM, ski2060 said:

My unit is running the settings NVG at .5 or .4 and with at least a Half Moon.  Anything darker on the moonand it is damn near impossible to see the ground. 
We've taken to using half moon or higher, and then adjusting with Overcast if we want to have it darker for NVGs.

How do you adjust moon?

1 minute ago, kennyleif said:

Putting [_box, true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox; in init of object does not enable Arsenal? Have I misunderstood https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/arsenal-framework.html?

The line RIGHT BELOW what you just posted:

_box being the object you wish to add ACE Arsenal to. (or this when called from the box’s init field)

5 minutes ago, alganthe said:

The line RIGHT BELOW what you just posted:

I tried with this, like so: [_this, true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox; ?? 
Is that wrong?

EDIT:
It worked like this: [this, true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;

Edited by kennyleif
found fix

Yes, that is wrong.
Read the wiki / my post again, this doesn't have an underscore before it.

1 hour ago, kennyleif said:

How do you adjust moon?

Eden>Attributes>Environment> Date. 
When you pick a date for your mission on the right side it shows the moon phase.  You can scroll through the dates to see how close to a full moon you are, and then adjust backward or forwards on the day to get the desired moonlight level.

Just now, ski2060 said:

Eden>Attributes>Environment> Date. 
When you pick a date for your mission on the right side it shows the moon phase.  You can scroll through the dates to see how close to a full moon you are, and then adjust backward or forwards on the day to get the desired moonlight level.

Many thanks. Never noticed that.

I got a little question regarding this quote

ACE3 will convert all config based settings to CBA Settings automatically (except typeName = "ARRAY").

from https://ace3mod.com/2017/12/20/cba-settings.html

Does that mean that using the old framework's way changing the ace options with a mission config within description.ext will still be usable or do we now have to do everything all over again?

3 hours ago, Belbo said:

I got a little question regarding this quote

from https://ace3mod.com/2017/12/20/cba-settings.html

Does that mean that using the old framework's way changing the ace options with a mission config within description.ext will still be usable or do we now have to do everything all over again?

Read the "Mission Makers" section, it explains exactly that. Eventually you might have to switch for your missions (sooner the better), there is a converter linked in the post as well.

On 12/29/2017 at 5:38 AM, kibyde said:

Unmuting the player: I know it wasn't possible in the past but with the new settings menu is it possible now to unmute the player? Would be helpful when giving orders to the AI like when flying helicopter. I use ACE a lot in Single player missions.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it :)

Please, do tell!  I've been looking for how to unmute the player for SP and can't find it.

Also, in SP with ACE medical enabled, do the AI actually heal themselves/others?  I've never seem to be able to get the AI medic to heal me, or any of the AI squad, when injured, however, ACE WIKI says AI will heal the player and other injured AI. 

Thanks and good day!

DrDetroit

OK so, finaly adapted to the changes, learned how tu use the menus (still hate them, and miss the modules), and i have to say that i love the New arsenal thingy. 

So thats for the love and hate, and now for the questions: 

Can i somehow as a mission maker (not a mod maker) make other mortars, mortars from mods use the ACE MK6 thingy so the can be use realisticaly, or is it only for mk6?

Since the latest update spectator are now dying in my missions with their bodies being deleted upon death. I've configured ACE Spectator and ACE Respawn in the new addon menus and they seem to be working as before with the exception of spectators drowning in the corner of the map. 

I use respawn at base so players can JIP back in easily however it seems players are being hidden but places in the corner of the terrain (I'm not sure if that always happened in ACE Spectator but nonetheless they drown in the latest update and not previous versions).

9 hours ago, jonpas said:

Read the "Mission Makers" section, it explains exactly that. Eventually you might have to switch for your missions (sooner the better), there is a converter linked in the post as well.

Ah... completely missed that section. Thank you.

• Haha 1

Anyone know how to enable the use of Blood bags for everybody? 
Since update, none of my guys can give blood bags. What setting enables it?

1 minute ago, kennyleif said:

Only medics or doctors can give blood. As far as I'm aware that has always been the case.

ace_medical_medicSetting = 0

THIS make blood enable for everybody 

I like the new pylon dialogue, but dislike the limitations.  Especially for carrier based missions the need for a rearm truck is cumbersome.  Is there any way to use the [vehicle ace_player,true] call ace_pylons_fnc_showDialog function to bypass the requirements and limitations?  I keep getting the same error:  "stopped at pylon 1"

-k 

9 hours ago, kennyleif said:

There are several ways:  I open each playable unit and select the ACE menu that allows me to make each unit a Doctor or Medic.  This allows them to each use Blood.

Also - thanx to the new ACE settings within the Eden editor you can use the drop down menu for adding and select the ACE Medical tab.  This will give you an option for Anyone to use Epi or Blood (I think).

I hope this helps :)