acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

3 hours ago, alganthe said:

The face / language change doesn't persist through mission saving / actually playing the mission in 3DEN, it's a QOL I need to address but not something you should be worried about.

Yes it does, at least for me. The reason I learned of this feature in the first place is because I made a mission set in the Carribean with custom factions made with the ace arsenal and it was all the same guy!

2 hours ago, jonpas said:

Now go read the actual news post and documentation which we linked in said news post, and you will realize it's exactly as easy as modules, you don't have to mess with any code.

People, learn to read please, or go back to primary school.

What about this long ass post I wrote out? You have time to shit talk this random guy for asking something totally rational and reasonable in a one sentence post, but can't respond to my perfectly logical suggestion backed up by other forum members that everyone wants implemented? Maybe you're the one that should go back to primary school or maybe even earlier. Kindergarten maybe? There the teacher can instruct you on how to behave in normal society.

12 minutes ago, munger said:

I have noticed that when using ACE I get full screen night vision when using any RHS night vision goggles. I have tried deleting the ACE Night Vision PBO but it made no difference. When I disable ACE from my load order I get the correct 'bordered' night vision.

I'm using the ACE RHS compat PBO's so it's not that.

Anyone aware of what causes this?

Ok I've found the problem. The RHS compat PBO's that are included in the Optionals folder make the RHS NVG's full screen. I tried using an older version of the RHS compat PBO's and they displayed the NVG screen correctly with the black borders.

First of, let me compliment you on the new setup with ingame addon options. 
First I was a little annoyed about the big change, but the more I used it, the more i'm convinced that it's a much better setup. Being able to set up any ACE options ingame, instead via modules, gives a lot of freedom as mission makers. Also, the CBA settings thing, isn't that hard to figure out i'f you do a little google search. 
So thank you for continuing hard work and dedication to Arma, us players and the modding community.

Quick question, is it possible to script "Ace Arsenal" onto objects from editor?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pognivet said:

What about this long ass post I wrote out? You have time to shit talk this random guy for asking something totally rational and reasonable in a one sentence post, but can't respond to my perfectly logical suggestion backed up by other forum members that everyone wants implemented? Maybe you're the one that should go back to primary school or maybe even earlier. Kindergarten maybe? There the teacher can instruct you on how to behave in normal society.

You question was answered by @alganthewho wrote the system, and I am not in position to talk about it because I don't have much experience with the code behind it. Also your post had nothing to do with CBA Settings, which the post I was replying to was talking about (and claiming in-game interface doesn't exist where there is even a screenshot showing it off on the documentation we linked with the update).

So you just put yourself into the group I was referring to (those unable to read one sentence description that came with the update) intentionally? :dontgetit:

Im having a tough time trying to get the ACE Arsenal working,

Im trying the 

[_box, ["MyItem1", "MyItem2", "MyItemN"]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox (with the items replaced with gear, weapons, magazines etc)

method but I just cant seem to get it to work, Ive tried it with this instead of _box but I just dont get the option to open it?

Unmuting the player: I know it wasn't possible in the past but with the new settings menu is it possible now to unmute the player? Would be helpful when giving orders to the AI like when flying helicopter. I use ACE a lot in Single player missions.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it :)

ACE gestures

I can't find the option for activating the gestures in the cba settings.

In singleplayer I can use the gestures via buttons but on my server it doesn't work.

We're using the same settings for singleplayer (client), mission and server.

The only line of code I have found is:

ace_gestures_showOnInteractionMenu = 0;

But we don't wanne use the gestures via interaction menu.

I've been out of the mission-making habit for a while now and need some clarification as I'm getting ready to make some multiplayer stuff. Does the new change and direction with ACE3 mean the restricted view module (limiting third-person to just being in a vehicle for example) will eventually be phased out?

If yes, where would I find a similar mission-making tool in CBA? I've read this but can't seem to see how it would replace the restricted view module.

i like the new ace arsenal except you can't see the stats of weapons and armor in it like you can in the regular arsenal. 

1 hour ago, jdingo said:

i like the new ace arsenal except you can't see the stats of weapons and armor in it like you can in the regular arsenal. 

Stats are currently being worked on. Will ofcause be alot better than the regular arsenal.

21 hours ago, Rich_R said:

I've been out of the mission-making habit for a while now and need some clarification as I'm getting ready to make some multiplayer stuff. Does the new change and direction with ACE3 mean the restricted view module (limiting third-person to just being in a vehicle for example) will eventually be phased out?

If yes, where would I find a similar mission-making tool in CBA? I've read this but can't seem to see how it would replace the restricted view module.

No, what change of direction would cause it to be phased out? We didn't change any direction of ACE3. View restriction component is in ACEX though, and is simply using CBA Settings just like anything else, instead of deprecated modules.

Small question- anyone using TFAR/Ctab getting errors or bugs?

So far, I've found out trying to assign radios usually doesn't work.

Save AN-152 and then load the saved loadout, it's not there at all.

The next version of TFAR will be compatible with ACE Arsenal, compatibility has been added a month ago to the master branch afaik.

I may be dumb but I can't figure out how to define my ace options preset as default on my dedicated server. I exported my local settings via eden as explained, then added it in serverconfig.hpp , but it seems that's not the right way...

@solentis

Not in serverconfig.hpp. You have to safe it in a file called cba_settings.sqf and upload it in the userconfig-folder.

The userconfig\ace-folder can be deleted and the @aceserver too.

Ok, it worked! Many thanks Ghost! I have an additional question: in the new medicals options, I can't found a parameter to prevent players to turn dead. I like to let the players unconscious regardless the injuries they suffer (headshot, blast, wathever) for the other players to revive them. For the moment with the new setting, they turn inconscious sometimes but they can also turn dead and are sent to respawn screen. Do you know how to prevent that? I already checked "prevent insta death". 

2 hours ago, solentis said:

I already checked "prevent insta death". 

No, I think it's not that. Plus do you encounter the same problem as me with Tfar radio being removed from inventory each time opening ACE arsenal? 

14 minutes ago, solentis said:

No, I think it's not that. Plus do you encounter the same problem as me with Tfar radio being removed from inventory each time opening ACE arsenal? 

The answer is 5 posts above yours, TFAR will add compatibility for ACE Arsenal next update.

2 hours ago, alganthe said:

The answer is 5 posts above yours, TFAR will add compatibility for ACE Arsenal next update.

Ok thanks, I missed the info, so much thing to collect all around.