acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

9 minutes ago, kerozen said:

So... since the much easier ACE Modules were trashed how does one configure missions for dedicated server?

via cba settings as explained before

Okay to clarify to anyone wondering how to actually access CBA settings, just push Escape in-game and go to addons and then you can edit client and server ACE settings there. 

2 hours ago, alganthe said:

The modules system was strictly inferior to CBA settings and isn't coming back.
In what ways is the modules system "far more accessible"?

Fair question. As Steel highlighted for those of us who have been using ACE since Arma 2 it is quite a change and I acknowledge that my dislike and view that the module system is far more accessible stems from this. The reason why I think that the module system is far more accessible is because of the following.

1. The different modules of ACE are hidden behind a menu when playing the scenario. This makes them less visible to those new to and well acquainted with mission creation - it requires a significant investment of time and effort to translate and relearn how to use this new system from a functional and effective predecessor. 

2. The range of different aspects listed in the addon options menu is hard to navigate and does not provide visual confirmation at a glance. The mission creator seemingly has to navigate and reconfirm - as we all know Arma can be fickle and prone to throwing up unexpected errors hence why I think that the ease of visual confirmation offered by the modules is superior to that of the addon options menu. 

3. If you are creating missions to be applied across multiple servers the effort to ensure that the ACE settings are the same for each is increased due to the shift from missions providing the parameters to the servers providing parameters. 

Also to be clear - I am not attacking this change, I am trying to provide open and constructive criticism as a long time user of ACE. There are aspects that I appreciate and quite like.  For example: 

1. The break down and addition of new areas of configuration which make it easier to disable and enable different features of ACE. 

2. That ACE supports a customised and constant set of features and associated parameters which can be applied by the server to missions hosted by it. 

The reasons above the main reasons why I think the module system is superior to that of the Addon options menu. I honestly think , again as a long time user of ACE, that the Module system has significant merits. Would it be possible to reintigrate the Module system so that those of us who prefer that system might continue to use it whilst also having access to the associated strengths of the new menu system? I do recognise that both have thier respective weaknesses and strengths. 

Thank you for taking the time to engage with my thoughts and Merry Christmas / Holidays.

• Like 1

I like the new features/handling. But it doesn't work on my server and I can't find the error.

On our 2nd server everything looks fine. We are using the same file (cba_setting.sqf) and path.

I have contacted my hoster but he says it is a mod problem. But I don't think so.

Can it be something with the file rights?

Our hoster disabled updating dll files because he's afraid of hacking.

Everytime I have to update ACE3, ALiVE or Task Force Radio I have to wait of our hoster for transfering the dll's.

I can't see the files via Filezilla but the support tell me every dll is placed correctly.

I'm going crazy...

1 hour ago, reykjavikdragon said:

-snip-

1. I think your first point is fair in that it's not so obvious which components of ace are being edited by a mission at a glance in the editor (if I'm understanding correctly). Perhaps there's something we could do to remedy that in the new system (a checkbox or something to only show settings that aren't default).
  2. I don't necessarily agree that it takes time to learn the new system since it's basically exactly the same aside from the more explicit handling of client/mission/server setting precedence (which hopefully the UI is clear about).
  3. As for your 3rd point, you may have misunderstood something because settings can still be set at the mission level which will override server settings by default (unless they are set to override the mission).

I do largely believe there's a lot of familiarity bias going on and we did obviously expect a period of transition - which is why the old system is temporarily supported while people familiarise themselves with the new one. However, only time will tell what we need to change with continued feedback.

Are you from Reykjavik by the way? I'm quite excited to be visiting there soon :) Have a happy holiday season too!

Edit: Regarding my first point actually, the export dialog will only show settings that have been changed.

Edited by SilentSpike

Is there any way to disable voice and face button on Arsenal?

Thanks alot for this awesome update and merry christmas to you all.

• Like 1

Hi there!

First of all, I want to say that I am by no way experienced with ACE, I am just trying it now on SP missions because a community I want to play with is using it and I don't want to look dumb.

I have this problem; when I want to check ammo, I should press CTRL+R, at least this is what the internet says. :smile_o: However, everytime I press this, I just reload a new magazine. When I was looking into this problem and trying to find a solution on the internet, I understand that this was an issue a few years back, but it got resolved around 2015 or 2016.

I am sorry if this question was answered somewhere and I just wasn't able to find it, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any help!

14 hours ago, XerXesCZ said:

I have this problem; when I want to check ammo, I should press CTRL+R....

I have not had your problem but the obvious thing to check would be the ACE key-binding is, though I'm sure is should be Ctrl+R.

So "in game", hit Esc > Options > Controls > Configure Addons and set ADDON to ACE Weapons.  The option you are looking for is about 5 down from the top Check Ammo.  Make sure that is set to Ctrl+R

Good luck  S

• Like 2

On 21.12.2017 at 4:03 PM, alganthe said:

params [["_override", false, [false]]];
private _VALoadouts = +(profilenamespace getvariable ["bis_fnc_saveInventory_data",[]]);
private _aceLoadouts = +(profileNamespace getVariable ["ace_arsenal_saved_loadouts",[]]);

if (_VALoadouts isEqualTo []) exitWith {};

for "_i" from 0 to (count _VALoadouts - 1) step 2 do {
   _name = _VALoadouts select _i;
   _inventory = _VALoadouts select (_i + 1);

private _sameNameLoadoutsList = _aceLoadouts select {_x select 0 == _name};
   [player, [profilenamespace, _name]] call bis_fnc_loadinventory;
   private _loadout = getUnitLoadout player;

if (count _sameNameLoadoutsList > 0) then {
       if (_override) then {
           _aceLoadouts set [_aceLoadouts find (_sameNameLoadoutsList select 0), [_name, _loadout]];
       };

} else {
       _aceLoadouts pushBack [_name, _loadout];
   };
};

profileNamespace setVariable ["ace_arsenal_saved_loadouts", _aceLoadouts];

For now copy pasting this in the debug console and running it will copy all the loadouts from BI VA to ACE Arsenal, note that missing mod items will not be ported over.
Please note that you need a player unit to be present in 3DEN.

Works ok but it doesn't find any Unsung mod's backpacks for some reason in eden.

Just checking, I had a script that were filling up a box with earplugs and shovels (Entrenching tools) but after updating the new ace it doesn't work anymore. Did the earplugs or shovels change name?

Also is it safe to still be using the modules since they technically weren't removed.

1 hour ago, Ellman said:

Just checking, I had a script that were filling up a box with earplugs and shovels (Entrenching tools) but after updating the new ace it doesn't work anymore. Did the earplugs or shovels change name?

Also is it safe to still be using the modules since they technically weren't removed.

Checked and neither has changed names (ACE_EarPlugs and ACE_EntrenchingTool respectively).

It's safe for the time being, but the future is fairly uncertain we can't say when/if they will stop working so you may want to switch now to save headaches later down the line.

Hopefully this has not been asked. (I've searched for this)

Been trying to test a way to add Fority on the fly rather then adding module in editor.  Below code works, but menu adds blank addactions to drop objects.  Can anyone confirm this is a bug?

player addItemToVest "ACE_Fortify";
[side player, 5000, [["Sandbag", 5], ["Bunker", 50]]] call acex_fortify_fnc_registerObjects;

11 minutes ago, jcae2798 said:

Hopefully this has not been asked. (I've searched for this)

Been trying to test a way to add Fority on the fly rather then adding module in editor.  Below code works, but menu adds blank addactions to drop objects.  Can anyone confirm this is a bug?

player addItemToVest "ACE_Fortify";
[side player, 5000, [["Sandbag", 5], ["Bunker", 50]]] call acex_fortify_fnc_registerObjects;

Does anything work? Are ACE Interactions not there? Are they there but just no drop ability? Did you enable Fortify mode using the chat command? If that doesn't help, make an issue on GitHub.

Sorry should have included a SS.  See here:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1245220970

When i get some time i'll check out the tracker and also report if needed.

Just running CBA, ACE + ACEX with latest stable ARMA release

EDIT:

No modules placed in editor.  Just a single unit and run test adding the above mentioned code to DEBUG console

2nd EDIT:

If i add modules, then it works just fine.

3RD edit:

REPORTED HERE:  https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/5981

Edited by jcae2798
REPORT BUG

Hey, I'm trying to add items to multiple boxes around the map at the same time.

I am trying to keep the items separated and stuff too

So far I have this;

Spoiler

Init.sqf

[] execVM "arsenal.sqf";

Spoiler

arsenal.sqf

_box = [box1,box2,box3];

[_box, false, false] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;

// Weapons

[_box, ["arifle_MX_pointer_F"]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_addVirtualItems;

//Items

[_box, ["Chemlight_green"]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_addVirtualItems;

and so on...

I can't seem to get this working, any ideas?

Is this even possible?

Loving the new arsenal you guys put in, but I'm having some problems maybe you could fix/add features for.

I'm the type of guy that likes to experiment and play around with things. I typically never use a faction in my mission just as it is.

For example I wanted to simulate the civil war in Cambodia (the first one). It's a really unknown war and nobody would ever make a mod for it in a million years. I don't mean to tarnish the history of bravery and valor of another nation's fighters, but after foreign aid stopped rolling in it only lasted a short while longer and it was such a clusterf**k that one of the sides would often times either give up after a few shots were fired or they would run around in circles in open ground while on drugs until they were shot dead. Only a few higher ranking guys had helmets and most people didn't even have pants or shirts letalone shoes. I think they lost like 400 helicopters in the span of a few months.

To facilitate this with the Vietnam War Unsung mod what I'd do is put down a bunch of Viet Cong to represent the Khmer Rouge and a bunch of ARVN to simulate the royal/anti-com troops. I would then select every unit on a side and give them a basic rifleman loadout and uniform. I would then go back and individually edit each class of trooper (Such as machinegunner, AT etc.) by selecting them to give them their class equipment or add variation. This way I can create entire custom armies like Saudi Arabia just by using the arsenal and some skins for vehicles or camo loaded in with setobjecttexture. It usually takes about an hour.

The problem with doing this in the new ace arsenal is that not only does it set the uniform, vest etc. for the entire army. It also sets all of their faces and voices to be identical as well. This creates a big problem for me because I can't realistically go back and change each and every voice and face and identity to be unique. It would take at least two or three more hours, maybe longer, depending on the number of units in the mission and I would lose all benefits identity randomization may provide.

Perhaps in the new ace arsenal you could add an option whereby if multiple units were selected that certain elements wouldn't be edited for all of them. Like maybe you could left click on the microphone icon for voice and it would turn red and then if you changed an entire squads weapon/uniform loadout it would leave their voices alone.

Unfortunately until something like this is implemented I'm going to have to go back to using vanilla to make my psycho obscure missions. This pains me because I really like the features of the ace arsenal such as changing the magazine currently in a gun, something I would have to use a sort of glitch/hack to do before.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teck_ said:

Hey, I'm trying to add items to multiple boxes around the map at the same time.

I am trying to keep the items separated and stuff too

So far I have this;

Reveal hidden contents

Init.sqf

[] execVM "arsenal.sqf";

Hide contents

arsenal.sqf

_box = [box1,box2,box3];

[_box, false, false] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;

// Weapons

[_box, ["arifle_MX_pointer_F"]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_addVirtualItems;

//Items

[_box, ["Chemlight_green"]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_addVirtualItems;

and so on...

I can't seem to get this working, any ideas?

Is this even possible?

you defined _box as array but ace functions are awaiting object. So you need to adjust your code to something like this for each ace call above (I didn't test it as not playing arma 3 at the moment)

_box = [box1,box2,box3];

{
	[_x, false, false] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;
	[_x, ["arifle_MX_pointer_F", "Chemlight_green"]] call ace_arsenal_fnc_addVirtualItems;
} foreach _box;

2 hours ago, pognivet said:

The problem with doing this in the new ace arsenal is that not only does it set the uniform, vest etc. for the entire army. It also sets all of their faces and voices to be identical as well. This creates a big problem for me because I can't realistically go back and change each and every voice and face and identity to be unique. It would take at least two or three more hours, maybe longer, depending on the number of units in the mission and I would lose all benefits identity randomization may provide.

Perhaps in the new ace arsenal you could add an option whereby if multiple units were selected that certain elements wouldn't be edited for all of them. Like maybe you could left click on the microphone icon for voice and it would turn red and then if you changed an entire squads weapon/uniform loadout it would leave their voices alone.

Unfortunately until something like this is implemented I'm going to have to go back to using vanilla to make my psycho obscure missions. This pains me because I really like the features of the ace arsenal such as changing the magazine currently in a gun, something I would have to use a sort of glitch/hack to do before.

Thanks for reading.

I haven't tried the new ACE arsenal yet, but as someone who also use mass loadouts modifications in 3DEN, I agree with you @pognivet, this could be an issue.

The face / language change doesn't persist through mission saving / actually playing the mission in 3DEN, it's a QOL I need to address but not something you should be worried about.

Give us back the Modules please! they were good for not nerd people.I don't want to mess with string of code,just open the editor and place a module who does the nerd config job for me

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, zio sam said:

Give us back the Modules please! they were good for not nerd people.I don't want to mess with string of code,just open the editor and place a module who does the nerd config job for me

Now go read the actual news post and documentation which we linked in said news post, and you will realize it's exactly as easy as modules, you don't have to mess with any code.

People, learn to read please, or go back to primary school.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I have noticed that when using ACE I get full screen night vision when using any RHS night vision goggles. I have tried deleting the ACE Night Vision PBO but it made no difference. When I disable ACE from my load order I get the correct 'bordered' night vision.

I'm using the ACE RHS compat PBO's so it's not that.

Anyone aware of what causes this?