acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Howdy all,

I am probably missing something obvious but the ACE medical modules all appear to be gone. I can see them in past missions I created but they are not available in the editor. I tried deleting and reinstalling ace (from the steam workshop) but to no avail.I see they are in the CBA settings in game. What is the ramification for dedicated  servers. Can individuals pick whatever setting s they want, how do I enforce certain ACE settings for medical as adedicated server admin in this new setup. Thanks

Los

1 hour ago, SFC Halverson said:

Agreed, I think the noise and stuff looked pretty accurate in his video. But the current default settings just makes the RHS PVS-15's look like you trying to shoot charlies through your vietnam era starlight scope. From my understanding the PVS-15's and 31's are pretty clear, still some noise that gets worse with bad weather/low light and what not but far clearer than what is currently depicted.

Here is a reference video

You can adjust the addon options for ACE3 NVG to have similar look

31 minutes ago, los18z said:

Howdy all,

I am probably missing something obvious but the ACE medical modules all appear to be gone. I can see them in past missions I created but they are not available in the editor. I tried deleting and reinstalling ace (from the steam workshop) but to no avail.I see they are in the CBA settings in game. What is the ramification for dedicated  servers. Can individuals pick whatever setting s they want, how do I enforce certain ACE settings for medical as adedicated server admin in this new setup. Thanks

Los

modules will not be used anymore with the latest update. Check the changelog

36 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

You can adjust the addon options for ACE3 NVG to have similar look

Why not just make it work or look like that by default instead of unrealistic garbage tho?

2 hours ago, SFC Halverson said:

Why not just make it work or look like that by default instead of unrealistic garbage tho?

You call it garbage (thanks btw, that really motivates us!), I call it fun, that's why there are settings. NVGs were in feedback phase for over a year (which you could have tested as well!), majority of feedback we received was fine with defaults or were able to tune them to their liking.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jonpas said:

You call it garbage (thanks btw, that really motivates us!), I call it fun, that's why there are settings. NVGs were in feedback phase for over a year (which you could have tested as well!), majority of feedback we received was fine with defaults or were able to tune them to their liking.

Garbage is a bit strong of a word to use you're right. To be a bit more constructive and less blunt, I can certainly see the direction you guys wanted to go with the NVG's and I like the direction it was going however its a bit much. Unless you were trying to make all of the NVG's look like PVS-7's by default or something. Another criticism I have is that this has supposedly been in the feedback phase for over a year but these aren't compatible with the RHS NVG's, like you guys tested it for that long but didn't test or add compatibility with the mods it was originally compatible with when it was donated to you? The video I saw a year ago showed these having compatibility with several different mods such as CUP, RHS and a GPNVG mod. What happened to that compatibility? 

I think the direction you are going is the right way with the NVG's but I think the implementation was shaky at best for the aforementioned reasons. 

10 minutes ago, SFC Halverson said:

Garbage is a bit strong of a word to use you're right. To be a bit more constructive and less blunt, I can certainly see the direction you guys wanted to go with the NVG's and I like the direction it was going however its a bit much. Unless you were trying to make all of the NVG's look like PVS-7's by default or something. Another criticism I have is that this has supposedly been in the feedback phase for over a year but these aren't compatible with the RHS NVG's, like you guys tested it for that long but didn't test or add compatibility with the mods it was originally compatible with when it was donated to you? The video I saw a year ago showed these having compatibility with several different mods such as CUP, RHS and a GPNVG mod. What happened to that compatibility? 

I think the direction you are going is the right way with the NVG's but I think the implementation was shaky at best for the aforementioned reasons. 

RHS compatibility is there in the compat PBOs we provide. CUP compatibility will be added in the ACE compats that they maintain, and other NVG mods should add compatibility for it themselves, just like any other ACE3 feature, we cannot be responsible for compatibility with all the mods out there (we only provide those others contribute to ACE repository out of courtesy), it is a lot easier and better for respective mod authors to provide compatibility in their own mods. For NVGs specifically no ACE3 requirement is set even, as noted on the wiki framework page. ShackTac can add compatibility as they see fit as it is only for their community, it is impossible for us to do that due to wide array of different mod combinations and mods out there.

And again, you can tweak the settings to your liking, defaults have not changed from the original version. Feedback phase was there to gather feedback like effects, find issues we didn't foresee and so on, that doesn't mean us testing it, but gathering public feedback on effects.

Is the new arsenal bugging out for anyone at the moment?

I'm about to head over to Github to see if anyone is saying anything, but it looks like none of the radios I choose from TFAR are being saved.

I think the night vision settings could use some more granulation; if possible, a checkbox to toggle the overlay, and the grain settings have a seemingly large jump from 0 and .01 (assuming 1 = 100%), .01 would be a 10% increase in effects, and it appears to just jump up. If that's because it "activates" the inborn settings of the goggles and then applies a little grain on top of that? Additionally, now that ACE has shifted over to CBA, is it possible to disable pbo's through CBA without having to remove them from the folder? What I mean is a toggle at the top of the heading, "disable module" so modules usage can be selective through CBA?                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

5 hours ago, karlmoebius said:

a seemingly large jump from 0 and .01 (assuming 1 = 100%), .01 would be a 10%                                                                                                                                                                         

• 0 = 0%
  • 0.01 = 1%
  • 0.1 = 10%
  • 1 = 100%
5 hours ago, karlmoebius said:

Additionally, now that ACE has shifted over to CBA, is it possible to disable pbo's through CBA without having to remove them from the folder? What I mean is a toggle at the top of the heading, "disable module" so modules usage can be selective through CBA?                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Most pbo's introduce config changes which you can't enable/disable via scripting. So - no, that's not possible due to Arma being Arma.

• Like 1

I know there's a lot of 'feedback' when the ACE team implements stuff after countless hours of work, but I hope the various opinions and 'Monday morning quarterbacks' (myself included) don't hide the simple fact this mod is one of the must-have's to play Arma.

Thank you all for the continuous hard work and effort to make this game even better than it is out of the box.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, Rich. Cranky/demanding "feedback" givers aside, I'm really enjoying the updates and implementations. I was especially excited about the release of the NVGs. It happened to be released on my birthday as well, so when I signed into Discord that morning my team informed me the thing I've been anticipating and foaming at the mouth for since the initial video was released way back was released I nearly jumped for joy. Smashed ArmA up on the ol' 4k monitor, grabbed a pair of nvg's and the moment I turned them on all people around me heard was me mutter "it-it's beautiful...."  :P And the best part? Not only is it in finally, but tweakable as well. Nice!

I am still getting a little use to the new way of doing things like settings since I'm still a little too use to putting down the module in the editor to tweak and export the settings for the server ace config, but that's just because I'm now old and just pure absent-minded in general, lol. :p

But overall, you guys are just awesome, period. If it wasn't for the work you guys do for ACE, I wouldn't have even played ArmA much at all. No offense to the crew at BIS, but....well....when you play with ACE instead of vanilla everything, you find yourself thinking "How could I have even played from the beginning without this mod?!" So with that said, I wish the entire ACE team a big Happy Holidays as well as a Happy & healthy  2018 filled with even more success! :)

• Like 6

hello !

I need to make you a question just to be shure...

All other mod with userconfig use the path arma3/usercofing/name_of_the_mod/file.hpp

Can you confirm me please that arma3/userconfig/cba_settings.sqf is the right path and not arma3/userconfig/cba/cba_settings.sqf??

thank you!

9 hours ago, ab_luca said:

hello !

I need to make you a question just to be shure...

All other mod with userconfig use the path arma3/usercofing/name_of_the_mod/file.hpp

Can you confirm me please that arma3/userconfig/cba_settings.sqf is the right path and not arma3/userconfig/cba/cba_settings.sqf??

thank you!

Yes, just like the CBA wiki says.

• Thanks 1

So.... Why were the modules removed? i only have like 5 or 6 modules.....

Was it intentional to have made the mod worst or its being fixed?

1 hour ago, kerozen said:

So.... Why were the modules removed? i only have like 5 or 6 modules.....

Was it intentional to have made the mod worst or its being fixed?

RTFM.  Changelog mentions that modules were removed for CBA settings.  Learn to love them. 

• Like 1

Hello, I understand the module shift to CBA has been listed in the changelog and associated changes in how to implement and alter the different aspects of ACE. Personally, after an initial hands on, I think the module system was far more accessible and user friendly.  The complete change of tack has come as a little bit of a shock to the system and if it is possible for the module system to make a return that would be grand. I understand that members of the ACE team have put in a considerable amount of effort and time into making these changes in the spirit of improving this essential modification and I do not wish to disparage your work but again I do think the module system was far more accessible and user friendly. 

• Like 2

The modules system was strictly inferior to CBA settings and isn't coming back.
In what ways is the modules system "far more accessible"?

I have just been chatting to Reykjavikdragon on Steam.

Honestly, when I first saw the modules were gone I was upset as I have been using modules for 10+ years easily in the ArmA series. I have now found that you can set the ACE settings server wide and then they automatically apply to all missions you play and I love it.

Would it be possible to allow both modules and the CBA system at all? 

So... since the much easier ACE Modules were trashed how does one configure missions for dedicated server?

3 hours ago, ski2060 said:

RTFM.  Changelog mentions that modules were removed for CBA settings.  Learn to love them. 

So what ur saying is that im going to stop using ACE... got it...