acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Couple ways.  With the Rearm module down, an aircraft and an ammo HEMMT nearby you can load up individual pylons with individual ordnance.  You have to use Interaction on the ammo truck and take it over to the aircraft.

In Zeus, you can drag the Loadout module onto whatever aircraft you want to modify.  It will then give you a Loadout GUI. Then you can go crazy with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

Couple ways.  With the Rearm module down, an aircraft and an ammo HEMMT nearby you can load up individual pylons with individual ordnance.  You have to use Interaction on the ammo truck and take it over to the aircraft.

In Zeus, you can drag the Loadout module onto whatever aircraft you want to modify.  It will then give you a Loadout GUI. Then you can go crazy with it.

So it this loadout gui dialog, is that only accessible to zeus? Or can players on the ground access the loadout editor? I can get the Zeus version working but still cant for the life of me change the loadout while on foot. 

Place an ammo truck (unfortunately the ammo containers from Huron or Taru don't work yet) next to an aircraft, have a toolkit in your inventory and then you can select the pylon dialog when interacting with the aircraft. The toolkit is the key. You can change the settings for that (though there isn't a module for it) with these settings (these are the default values):

class ace_pylons_enabled {
    value = 1;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 0;
};
class ace_pylons_rearmNewPylons {
    value = 0;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 0;
};
class ace_pylons_searchDistance {
    value = 15;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 0;
};
class ace_pylons_timePerPylon {
    value = 5;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 0;
};
class ace_pylons_requireEngineer {
    value = 0;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 0;
};
class ace_pylons_requireToolkit {
    value = 1;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 0;
};

• Like 2

1 minute ago, belbo said:

Place an ammo truck (unfortunately the ammo containers from Huron or Taru don't work yet) next to an aircraft, have a toolkit in your inventory and then you can select the pylon dialog when interacting with the aircraft. The toolkit is the key. You can change the settings for that (though there isn't a module for it) with these settings (these are the default values):

Ahhh thankyou thankyou I never had a tool kit as it wasn't specified anywhere!

Splendid! 

1 hour ago, belbo said:

(unfortunately the ammo containers from Huron or Taru don't work yet)

You can be 90% sure it will not be fixed if no one reports it on GitHub.

• Like 2

Requires CBA Version 3.4.1 or later

and Arma 3 Version 1.76 or later.

This release adds pylons loadout dialog, movable markers, rating settings, dynamic eject actions for helicopters, overhauled spectator system, rearm and advanced ballistics fixes and improvements, and more!

Change Log Summary can be viewed on GitHub Here.

• Like 3

We installed the update yesterday on our server and the settings we had in place for stamina and g_forces weren't working. The default ARMA 3 stamina was being used, not ACE 3 at all.

Since I don't have admin access to the server files, I tried setting up my own dedicated using TADST and joining that server. I followed the guide in the settings framework, exported the settings from in game and saved to the serverconfig.hpp file. From there I put the ace_server.pbo in an @ace_optionals folder and had the server run that mod folder. I also put the serverconfig.hpp in the arma 3\userconfig\ace folder.

I made sure the settings for advanced fatigue were turned on, and to easily test I updated the recovery factor to 10 to see if it works. When loading a mission, I ran around, and still the default Arma 3 staminabar was being emptied, and ACE 3's was not moving around at all. The recovery had not changed in the ARMA 3 stamina bar either.

Can anyone help?

50 minutes ago, doctorbutts said:

We installed the update yesterday on our server and the settings we had in place for stamina and g_forces weren't working. The default ARMA 3 stamina was being used, not ACE 3 at all.

Since I don't have admin access to the server files, I tried setting up my own dedicated using TADST and joining that server. I followed the guide in the settings framework, exported the settings from in game and saved to the serverconfig.hpp file. From there I put the ace_server.pbo in an @ace_optionals folder and had the server run that mod folder. I also put the serverconfig.hpp in the arma 3\userconfig\ace folder.

I made sure the settings for advanced fatigue were turned on, and to easily test I updated the recovery factor to 10 to see if it works. When loading a mission, I ran around, and still the default Arma 3 staminabar was being emptied, and ACE 3's was not moving around at all. The recovery had not changed in the ARMA 3 stamina bar either.

Can anyone help?

Redownload the package from GitHub.

@Jonpas Regarding Underwater Interactions, are Explosives able to be attached to the underside of boat/ship hulls now?  Unit member attempting some underwater demolitions and the charges are falling to the sea floor instead of attaching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doctorbutts said:

I tried, it did not fix the issue.

Did you try with no other mods running? Lots of mods can affect stamina

2 hours ago, ski2060 said:

@Jonpas Regarding Underwater Interactions, are Explosives able to be attached to the underside of boat/ship hulls now?  Unit member attempting some underwater demolitions and the charges are falling to the sea floor instead of attaching. 

Possibly, unsure, I don't think I tested that specifically, lots of things to go through, very likely I missed some. Test it and if it doesn't work make an issue on GitHub, if it does, tell the others here! :)

Will do.  So far he had no luck, but I'll do some more extensive testing later tonight when I get home from work if possible.

Do vehicles need specific anchor points on the textures/geometry in order to have explosives attached to them or is it just an AttachTo command for them?

Hello.
I try to figure out how to put data from a range card to th AtragMX->Gun section.

I tried to use screen from chapter 3.2:
https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/atragmx.html

but it takes very bad results. I also compared this with data putted automatically when I choose proper ammunition from AtragMX->Gun List section.

Also there are differences.

How to complete properly AtragMX with range card data?

A question about advanced fatigue:

I'm trying to play around with the parameters of the advanced fatigue module, in order to reach a suitable result for missions I'm creating in my unit.

I'm not sure if this is got to do with the advanced fatigue, the problem is that after 10 seconds of doing minimal physical actions, the character breaths heavily and it is almost impossible to aim down the sights with weapons.

Obviously disabling the advanced fatigue simply uses the vanilla fatigue, which is not much compare to ACE3's.

Anyway to fix this?

On 10/31/2017 at 4:46 PM, Devastator_cm said:

anybody knows where I can find the description & usage of each ace3 config entries in this page?

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/development/ace3-config-entries.html

I'd try going to the GitHub website for ACE 3: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3

Then in the top righ enter the config entries you are interested in.  Here are the results for CfgVehicles > ace_nightvision_grain

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/search?utf8=✓&q=ace_nightvision_grain&type=

S

I am trying to edit the ACE interaction menus, basically running scripts with ACE interaction. I don't come far with the provided examples on GitHub, maybe you can push me into the right direction.

One thing I'd like to add is the possibility to equip  yourself at supply boxes with pre-defined loadouts  (sqf files):

//JTAC
_JTAC = ["JTAC","Pick class JTAC","",{execVM "Scripts\ZS_UK_Multi_JTAC.sqf"},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
["B_supplyCrate_F", 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _JTAC] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

//Combat Medic
_CMedic = ["JTAC","Pick class Combat Medic","",{execVM "Scripts\ZS_UK_Multi_CombatMedic.sqf"},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
["B_supplyCrate_F", 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _CMedic] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

There might be a more sophisticated approach to this, but this is what I can manage... Point is I'd like to add subactions / subcategories. Right now these actions appear in the main ACE interaction menu but I'd rather want them to be in a separate category like "Pick classes". 

would be good to add the little details like the chest compression animation when applying CPR 

little things like that 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tobur said:

I am trying to edit the ACE interaction menus, basically running scripts with ACE interaction. I don't come far with the provided examples on GitHub, maybe you can push me into the right direction.

One thing I'd like to add is the possibility to equip  yourself at supply boxes with pre-defined loadouts  (sqf files):

//JTAC
_JTAC = ["JTAC","Pick class JTAC","",{execVM "Scripts\ZS_UK_Multi_JTAC.sqf"},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
["B_supplyCrate_F", 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _JTAC] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

//Combat Medic
_CMedic = ["JTAC","Pick class Combat Medic","",{execVM "Scripts\ZS_UK_Multi_CombatMedic.sqf"},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
["B_supplyCrate_F", 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _CMedic] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

There might be a more sophisticated approach to this, but this is what I can manage... Point is I'd like to add subactions / subcategories. Right now these actions appear in the main ACE interaction menu but I'd rather want them to be in a separate category like "Pick classes". 

give a try 

["B_supplyCrate_F", 0, ["ACE_MainActions", "Suit Up"], _CMedic] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

3 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

give a try 

["B_supplyCrate_F", 0, ["ACE_MainActions", "Suit Up"], _CMedic] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

Thanks, tried something similar before, but does not work... Is this confirmed to be working?

I am getting an error when I load ace and try to join specific servers: 

I was playing fine, but once I relogged to fix a bug with ACE I was unable to reconnect. For me, when I was connecting I would get to Retrieve Data and then it would hang, then crash to desktop. When I deleted my mpmission cache, I redownloded the map and then it downloaded all but the last 1kb, hung and then crashed.

22:56:17 BattlEye Server: Player #13 NovaInfuse (MY IP) connected
22:56:17 Player NovaInfuse connecting.
22:56:20 BattlEye Server: Player #13 NovaInfuse - GUID: MY GUID
22:56:21 Player NovaInfuse connected (id=MYID).
22:56:21 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (MYGUID) of player #13 NovaInfuse
22:59:00 Player NovaInfuse kicked off by BattlEye: Client not responding
22:59:00 Player NovaInfuse disconnected.

However, in Battleye there is no log. It just says "Starting BattlEye Service... Launching the game..." and that is it. No error message. 

When I do crash, I get the following error: 0xCFFFFFF - STATUS_APPLICATION_HANG. Checking google that seems to talk about parameters, but I am not running any. 

My log:

----------------------
Process exit
----------------------
Exit code:           0xCFFFFFFF - STATUS_APPLICATION_HANG
Running time:        00:04:51.4619056

----------------------
System information
----------------------
Date:                2017-11-11 04:20:34 / 2017-11-11 13:20:34 +09
Current dir:         C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3
Command line:        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe"
CLR version:         4.0.30319.42000
OS Version:          10.0.15063.0 (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15063.0)
OS 64 bit:           True
Process 64 bit:      False
Culture:             en-GB
UI Culture:          en-GB

----------------------
Last game report
----------------------
not provided

I have tried loading without parameters, and with only ace and no mods - I get the same issue.

1 hour ago, Tobur said:

Thanks, tried something similar before, but does not work... Is this confirmed to be working?

Now tested (via action to object but same stuff)

you need to create one parent action first

_JTAC2 = ["JTAC2","Dress Up","",{true;},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
[a, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _JTAC2] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

[a, 0, ["ACE_MainActions","JTAC2"], _JTAC] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

• Thanks 1