acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

2 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Actually I just tried this (it goes in the description.ext correct?) and whiffed. Still not interaction :( 

Have I missed something?

Works for me. Have you put "A3_Props_F_Orange_Humanitarian_Supplies" in requiredAddons?

I've actually got placed some in the mission, there's nothing extra I have to do with ACE is there just put that code in the description.ext because I literally copy and pasted what you wrote into the description.ext?

I even put 2 pallets down, added the module to one then drove the van over. I can load the one with the module, but not the other one

Ah... no. Doesn't work like that. You have to put that code into a config and create a pbo. Description.ext doesn't work like that.

If you want a scripted solution, put this in the initline of the object:

[this, true, 2] call ace_cargo_fnc_makeLoadable;

Or use the ace-module in the editor.

Before I start unloading all my mods i thought I would check here-Does anyone know a mod conflict with ACE that causes you to be unable to reload any weapons? When I add the newest version of ACE to my list I cannot reload anything. The mag runs empty, and I cannot put in a new one.

I was using an older version of ACE( I think it is the last released one) and it doesn't have the issue.

Obviously ACE is not the problem-just checking if anyone knows what mod it is to save me having to tests dozens of mods one by one.

I seem to remember an old version of the 'cool walk' mod caused this for me. I haven't used that mod in a while so if you have it loaded, that might be a good starting point.

17 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

I seem to remember an old version of the 'cool walk' mod caused this for me. I haven't used that mod in a while so if you have it loaded, that might be a good starting point.

I have no idea what that is, so I don't think I have it loaded :D

7 hours ago, JD Wang said:

I've actually got placed some in the mission, there's nothing extra I have to do with ACE is there just put that code in the description.ext because I literally copy and pasted what you wrote into the description.ext?

I even put 2 pallets down, added the module to one then drove the van over. I can load the one with the module, but not the other one

description.ext does NOT support modifying class CfgVehicles, you need a mod, or simply use the function that was given above by @belbo.

Just a quick question, not a real request: How complicated would it be to simplify the ace medic system? I mean like still be able to give morphine, epipens and bloodbags(or some other item to heal up like a medic bag). But make it the way that only one of those items is required to get the full effect. Also I would like to see the bandages modified to only need one to fully stop bleeding on all body parts. Still deeper than vanilla, but without caring for bodyparts or quantities.

I would really like such an option but I know that most likely no one will do this for me. It would be nice to get a quick estimation if it is doable for someone not that skilled in scripting. Okay someone with almost no skill...but I'm good in copy pasting and if I try hard sometimes I even know what I'm doing.

Hi guys,

Can I make a small request for the next updated to ACEX.

With the Headless client support. Is there anyway you guys can set it so UAVs, Drones and other remote controlled vehicles don't ever get pushed to the headless client by default?

We had an issue tonight where the mission maker forgot to black list a Predator drone from going to the headless client. Once the player started the drone up and sent it into the sky, shortly afterward ACEX did its job and we believe it got pushed to one of the HCs and the player with the controls could no long control the drone.

There really is no reason at all for any drone or remote controlled being getting pushed to the HC, especially if it means players are going to have a hard time controlling (or in our case simply could not control it) them.

6 hours ago, rekkless said:

Hi guys,

Can I make a small request for the next updated to ACEX.

With the Headless client support. Is there anyway you guys can set it so UAVs, Drones and other remote controlled vehicles don't ever get pushed to the headless client by default?

We had an issue tonight where the mission maker forgot to black list a Predator drone from going to the headless client. Once the player started the drone up and sent it into the sky, shortly afterward ACEX did its job and we believe it got pushed to one of the HCs and the player with the controls could no long control the drone.

There really is no reason at all for any drone or remote controlled being getting pushed to the HC, especially if it means players are going to have a hard time controlling (or in our case simply could not control it) them.

Looking at already open issues on GitHub makes you spend less time writing it out sometimes, no guarantee if it'll be for next update though.

Questions on advanced module settings:    I've got Bleeding coefficient set to 0.8  Pain coefficient set to 1.  The patient sometimes stays in an unconscious state even though they are not in cardiac arrest state and completely stable. Heart rate normal, pulse etc.  Only thing that is reviving is the PAK set to medical vehicle and facility for medics. Are my settings correct?  Something I can do for revive in field for medics? Drugs don't seem to help get back into conscious state hardly ever. Enjoying the advanced features. Best wishes on the medical rewrite. Keep up the good work.

We are using the advance medical system set by the serverconfig.hpp file.  We have advanced bandages so we have to use the different types of bandage but have disabled Airway and Fractures.

If a player is hit resulting in a large wound to the leg.  It is possible to remove all injuries by treating the wounds with bandages, use a Surgical Kit to stitch the player up and sort out his blood levels so that the medical display says the player has no injuries but the player still limps.  The only way to resolve this is to use a PAK (Personal Aid Kit).  Is this intended behaviour?  S

Edit: I have been told that setting the value of ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage to 1 will solve the limping issue. Now off for some testing.

Edited by strider42
Added possible solution to healed player limping

On 10/9/2017 at 6:20 PM, breech99 said:

Questions on advanced module settings:    I've got Bleeding coefficient set to 0.8  Pain coefficient set to 1.  The patient sometimes stays in an unconscious state even though they are not in cardiac arrest state and completely stable. Heart rate normal, pulse etc.  Only thing that is reviving is the PAK set to medical vehicle and facility for medics. Are my settings correct?  Something I can do for revive in field for medics? Drugs don't seem to help get back into conscious state hardly ever. Enjoying the advanced features. Best wishes on the medical rewrite. Keep up the good work.

Just to confirm.  Once you got the patient stable, injecting epinephrine would not bring the patient out of the unconscious state?  S

Ive noticed a bug that happens now and then with leg wounds, when the person is fine they will still limp, my solution is to just shoot them in the leg again

Just now, PredatorXXIX said:

Ive noticed a bug that happens now and then with leg wounds, when the person is fine they will still limp, my solution is to just shoot them in the leg again

Oh... So it sounds like an issue.  I'll try and track when the issue occurs.  S

Ive noticed it with both advanced and basic, but it usually doenst happen. Ive only seen it happen about 5-10 times

With our advanced set up it seems like it happens all the time.  I never noticed it with the basic setup but then we allowed the use of PAKs everywhere.  Maybe it is intended behaviour I just think the medical display should say something to indicate the patient needs to be given a PAK.

Hey,

I love the mod and medical system. However, as a medical professional, it pains me that atropine decreases heart rate in the mod. This is exactly opposite of what we use atropine for. We actually use it to increase heart rate in brady arrhythmias.  I submitted a github issue here: https://github.com/ajaxorg/ace/issues/3431

• Like 1

On 11.10.2017 at 7:46 AM, PredatorXXIX said:

We use the ace settings framework with both a class ACE_Settings in the description.ext and a standard in the userconfig.

And still we have to use missionNamespace setVariable ["ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage",true]; in the init.sqf to have the variable ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage do what it's supposed to do.

9 hours ago, belbo said:

We use the ace settings framework with both a class ACE_Settings in the description.ext and a standard in the userconfig.

And still we have to use missionNamespace setVariable ["ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage",true]; in the init.sqf to have the variable ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage do what it's supposed to do.

I do not understand why youre quoting me. My unit rarely has this issue, we haven't seen it happen in over a month. Its not me having the problems.

1 hour ago, PredatorXXIX said:

I do not understand why youre quoting me. My unit rarely has this issue, we haven't seen it happen in over a month. Its not me having the problems.

You claim to notice a known bug, now you don't. Have it your way. :)

1 minute ago, belbo said:

You claim to notice a known bug, now you don't. Have it your way. :)

On 10/10/2017 at 11:52 PM, PredatorXXIX said:

Ive noticed it with both advanced and basic, but it usually doenst happen. Ive only seen it happen about 5-10 times

Ill leave it at that, have a good one.

I have a question regarding ACE Mine detectors use with the current mine Detector mechanics.

Do the ACE mine detectors allow you to target mines and have them appear on the new Detector MFD/Screen available to players in game?

Or does the use of ACE preclude the use of the new Mine Detector completely? 

My unit is testing mines out and it seem that just recently there was a change that made it impossible to spot mines in the Detector MFD. 
Anyone else having issues with mine detecting using ACE and RHS?

G'day all

Anyone from ACE got any idea on how to make the aircraft loadout dialogue working? I've spent the last 30mins trying all forms of possible ways to get it working but cant :( 

Modules, vehicles, interaction.. nothing works :(