acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Thank you.

Technically, all I wanted was to replace the condition of the already available action, but I haven't thought about disabling it and writing a new class for this. I'll test if it works.

#edit: Ok... turns out I just had a stupid typo in the function called for the condition. But now I know: You can simply overwrite statements from ACE_Actions without heritance considerations - except maybe for class Man etc.

Thank you anyways! :)

"class Men" has no interactions actions class, because it includes animals. AT weapon buddy reload doesn't make much sense on snakes. The classes are in CAManBase, Car, Tank, Motorcycle, Plane, Helicopter, Ship_F etc. You only need to inherit from those when you want to add a action to a specific tank class. Or you just use the functions, which is easier, but can't overwrite afaik.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, commy2 said:

AT weapon buddy reload doesn't make much sense on snakes.

Let's be honest: If you want to add an animal as an AT weapon, snakes would be the animal of choice. ;)

But you're right of course. I meant the vanilla classes you need to inherit to overwrite the interaction menu classes in general. Using the function you can't overwrite an existing action.

does anybody have a description file which gives descriptions for all of the ace3 serverconfig classes?
For instance, what is ace_overheating_unJamOnreload? I cannot find any document in internet which describes all of them..

Could someone help me set up the ACE3 spectator for my MP mission please? :) I was under the impression that i can easily set it up through the multiplayer tab in Eden but i dont see the ACE spectator option there. Any help would be appreciated...i could not find any documentation for the current version im afraid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fanatic72 said:

Could someone help me set up the ACE3 spectator for my MP mission please? :) I was under the impression that i can easily set it up through the multiplayer tab in Eden but i dont see the ACE spectator option there. Any help would be appreciated...i could not find any documentation for the current version im afraid.

Hey, here is the documentation of current version: https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/spectator.html

Please note that next release will contain an overhauled version which I'd definitely recommend waiting for if your mission doesn't have to be finished asap (it has greatly simplified settings and works better). The documentation pages will be updated to reflect the changes one the release is live.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 0:13 AM, Devastator_cm said:

does anybody have a description file which gives descriptions for all of the ace3 serverconfig classes?
For instance, what is ace_overheating_unJamOnreload? I cannot find any document in internet which describes all of them..

There isn't a document like that. Client settable settings are explained in ACE Options menu. As for server-only ones, they also have descriptions assigned, easiest would probably be to open the config viewer and go into class "ACE_Settings" where descriptions are visible directly without navigating a bunch of files on GitHub. :)

Soon we will be switching to CBA Settings, which will make this all visible in a friendlier way.

1 hour ago, silentspike said:

Hey, here is the documentation of current version: https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/spectator.html

Please note that next release will contain an overhauled version which I'd definitely recommend waiting for if your mission doesn't have to be finished asap (it has greatly simplified settings and works better). The documentation pages will be updated to reflect the changes one the release is live.

Cheers man. I was hoping there was some "one click in Eden" method but ill use the documentation you provided. Thx :)

Is there any way to set a Medic by Function (not Module)?

Cant find anything in Documentation

2 hours ago, Bayern_Maik said:

Is there any way to set a Medic by Function (not Module)?

Cant find anything in Documentation

IIRC, setUnitTrait should work in the latest versions.

• Like 1

Adjustable fall damage:

It would be a great option if the fall damage were adjustable in a module or in the serverconfig.hpp.

For my taste it is to easy to hurt myself on the ground when jumping from a roof or something like this.

• Like 2

When I go to dig a trench with ACE, and it gives me the instructions (left click to dig, scroll wheel to turn, and right to cancel) I cannot left click, or else it shoots my gun (or does nothing at all). The same goes for any other activity involving the similar instructions, I can't fuel things, can't place down items (like portable lights), or anything. I have tried to put all my guns away, still doesn't work, just click and boom nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this?

641d44f1c373544db5a9f4480181165a.png

So guys, i'm using FIR pilot&crew pack + ace3. Everything is working but I want to remove the goggles effects from the pilots visor (when it's open). I know I can remove the effect for every eyewear in the game using this:

class ACE_Settings {
    class ace_goggles_effects {
    value = 0;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
};

There's a way to remove the goggles effects only for certain eyewears?

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has been answered already but I have not seen the answer to my question specifically with Zeus in mind.

Is there any possibility to disable the Ace medical entirely and stick to the default Arma medical system WITHOUT disabling a few of the Ace Zeus options which are mainly responsible for controlling AI, such as, Global AI skill level?

Right now the only solution that I found was to remove the medical pbos and it does work indeed, but it also removes a few of the Zeus options which, one would assume, should not really be connected to the medical system.

Thank you very much!

Adam

Hi, I got a issue where I can not manage to get ace check pbo's to work properly.

Currently running a mission that uses the serverconfig.hpp to define the ace settings.

8971607c6b.png

These settings should do a check to ensure that only the mods that the server runs + ace_server is allowed.

But it does nothing, if I change the "Ace_common_checkPBOsAction" to value "2" instead of "3" then it displays the permanent warning.

But I can't get the kick to work for my life, if anyone happens to know how to resolve this then I would gladly appreciate it.

20 hours ago, calistreams said:

When I go to dig a trench with ACE, and it gives me the instructions (left click to dig, scroll wheel to turn, and right to cancel) I cannot left click, or else it shoots my gun (or does nothing at all). The same goes for any other activity involving the similar instructions, I can't fuel things, can't place down items (like portable lights), or anything. I have tried to put all my guns away, still doesn't work, just click and boom nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this?

Likely a conflict with another mod. Make an issue on GitHub if it still happens with ONLY latest CBA and ACE3.

12 hours ago, hugodm9 said:

So guys, i'm using FIR pilot&crew pack + ace3. Everything is working but I want to remove the goggles effects from the pilots visor (when it's open). I know I can remove the effect for every eyewear in the game using this:

There's a way to remove the goggles effects only for certain eyewears?

You could edit the config with a patch PBO. Using this config value instead of the texture path for whatever goggles you want modified should do the job.

10 hours ago, Dj Rolnik said:

Is there any possibility to disable the Ace medical entirely and stick to the default Arma medical system WITHOUT disabling a few of the Ace Zeus options which are mainly responsible for controlling AI, such as, Global AI skill level?

Right now the only solution that I found was to remove the medical pbos and it does work indeed, but it also removes a few of the Zeus options which, one would assume, should not really be connected to the medical system.

ACE3 doesn't add any such Zeus module to set global AI skill level, you must be using another mod.

ACE3 Medical Zeus modules do disappear if you are not running ACE3 Medical, because they rely on it.

7 hours ago, Ellman said:

But it does nothing, if I change the "Ace_common_checkPBOsAction" to value "2" instead of "3" then it displays the permanent warning.

But I can't get the kick to work for my life, if anyone happens to know how to resolve this then I would gladly appreciate it.

"checkPBOsAction" doesn't have a value of 3, only 0 (warn once), 1 (warn perma) and 2 (kick, which also displays warning first).

Also you don't need to add "ace_server" to "checkPBOsWhitelist". Just run it with "-serverMod=" instead of "-mod=" and only on server.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jonpas said:

"checkPBOsAction" doesn't have a value of 3, only 0 (warn once), 1 (warn perma) and 2 (kick, which also displays warning first).

Also you don't need to add "ace_server" to "checkPBOsWhitelist". Just run it with "-serverMod=" instead of "-mod=" and only on server.

1. I switched it to 2 and it still only displays a warning, does not issue a kick.

2. When I ran ace_server without having it whitelisted, I got the warning. (I don't run it client side)

58 minutes ago, Ellman said:

1. I switched it to 2 and it still only displays a warning, does not issue a kick.

2. When I ran ace_server without having it whitelisted, I got the warning. (I don't run it client side)

1. I run that and know for a fact that it works. Are you sure you are using latest version and all that? If it still doesn't work with only latest CBA+ACE3 then put it on the issue tracker where it belongs.

2. Use -serverMod, I run this and it works just fine without whitelisting it. Same as above.

I'm getting an error (No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.a3_weapons_f_mod'.) when launching the game (and starting a mission) with ACE 3 and MCC together(as well as CBA of course). Separately they work without giving the error, even with a whole bunch of other mods but when put together this error shows up. I haven't noticed any negative effects of it, yet. All aspects of both ACE3 and MCC seem to work. Anyone got an idea on what's wrong?

Hey guys, first off it hasn't been said enough, THANK YOU so much for all the work you put into ACE. The game just isn't the same without it.

Now I'm trying to make a couple of things from the Law of War DLC loadable. In the mission these will be spawned by the player as needed so I can't just use the handy dandy module.

I checked the wiki, but despite my years in this game, some of the simple stuff still eludes me.
I assume the code to make an object loadable goes in the description.ext?

If so I have the following  

class Land_WaterBottle_01_stack_F {
    class Thing {
        ace_cargo_size = 2;  // Cargo space the object takes
        ace_cargo_canLoad = 1;  // Enables the object to be loaded (1-yes, 0-no)
    };
};

I'm fairly certain I've got the "yourVehicleBaseClass" part incorrect, but for all I know I could have the whole thing wrong.
I basically want to be able to load the pallets of water, rice and grain into the IDAP vans in order to keep the poor Takistani locals happy.

Won't someone think of the Takistani Civilians (I know the CUP team don't :rotfl: )

17 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

Won't someone think of the Takistani Civilians (I know the CUP team don't :rotfl: )

You have to get your inheritances right. That here should work:

class Items_base_F;
class Land_WaterBottle_01_stack_F: Items_base_F {
	ace_cargo_size = 2;
	ace_cargo_canLoad = 1;
};

The in-game cfgViewer will help you find the parent classes you need to inherit. The parent class for Land_WaterBottle_01_stack_F is items_base_F, so that's the one you need to inherit from if you want to change Land_WaterBottle_01_stack_F.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Hey guys, first off it hasn't been said enough, THANK YOU so much for all the work you put into ACE. The game just isn't the same without it.

Now I'm trying to make a couple of things from the Law of War DLC loadable. In the mission these will be spawned by the player as needed so I can't just use the handy dandy module.

Thanks! Those boxes/stacks are already loadable on development of ACE3, will be released next update.

3 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Not anymore, they are coming with next update. :P

• Like 1

Thank you both, I figured I just had the inheritances messed up or was doing something dumb :)

19 hours ago, belbo said:

You have to get your inheritances right. That here should work:

class Items_base_F;
class Land_WaterBottle_01_stack_F: Items_base_F {
	ace_cargo_size = 2;
	ace_cargo_canLoad = 1;
};

The in-game cfgViewer will help you find the parent classes you need to inherit. The parent class for Land_WaterBottle_01_stack_F is items_base_F, so that's the one you need to inherit from if you want to change Land_WaterBottle_01_stack_F.

Actually I just tried this (it goes in the description.ext correct?) and whiffed. Still not interaction :( 

Have I missed something?