acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

1 hour ago, mannulus said:

Is Version 3.9.1-rc1 of ACE3 good to be used after today's ArmA 3 update?

I just tried it myself w/ CUP and RHS mods and something is nuking the ACE common files (tracers, map, etc).

I was getting that error with 3.9.0 ever since ARMA updated today.

12 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

did you put the optinal server.pbo to your server machine's addon folder?

I did. I have no server machine, I'm hosting via the "Host Server" tab on the server browser. I also have the userconfig folder with ace/serverconfig.http or something inside with all my settings with force settings set to true and all that.

9 hours ago, mannulus said:

Is Version 3.9.1-rc1 of ACE3 good to be used after today's ArmA 3 update?

3.9.0 is fine with the update as well. What you linked is an RC (Release Candidate) meant for testing before we release 3.9.1, it is at your own risk, but we appreciate any help with testing and issue reporting.

Please don't speak for a team you're not being part of.

As it says in the OP of that pull request, it's still WIP.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, baermitumlaut said:

Please don't speak for a team you're not being part of.

As it says in the OP of that pull request, it's still WIP.

Just reading the comments on your github, no need to throw a hissy.

As I said already, your mod, your call, makes no odds to me.

FWIW, I'm quite happy with the current ACE NVG setup.

• Like 1

Posting this in here in case anyone else has experienced the same issue and can suggest a fix.

We are having an issue with ACE3 on a particular vehicle. When you remove the rear wheels using the ACE3 interaction, the wheels are placed on the ground, but the wheels do not disappear from the vehicle. There are duplicates still in place. However, although visible, the wheels are not actually there. The vehicle is slumped to as if it has missing wheel(s). In addition, if you attempt to then remove these phantom wheels, the ACE3 interaction constantly switches between 'remove' or 'change' wheel. So much so that both options are overlapped. Now, even more weirdly, if instead of removing the wheel via ACE3, you instead shoot out the wheel, the wheel is correctly hidden using damage hide and the remaining wheel hub sinks towards the ground.

There is no issue with the front wheels.

Now, we are aware that it is something within the vehicle itself that is causing the issue (rather than ACE3), I am just hoping that perhaps the ACE3 Devs may have a suggestion as to how to fix it. Any insight would prove helpful as it will narrow down our search.

Thanks.

Requires CBA Version 3.2.1 or later.

This release fixes a few small issues for the new Arma 3 release and a number of issues reported by you. Thank you!

If you're looking to chat with us be sure to join our public Slack group at https://slackin.ace3mod.com

Download: Github

Change Log Summary

ADDED:

• A new feature to set a name for Slideshows, because each one should be special for you. (#4904)
  • Add meta data for new community maps and correct latitude. (#4961)
  • Compatibility for the RHS GREF RKG-3 grenade, thanks to our awesome community. (#4944)

CHANGED:

• Hide earplug actions if ace_hearing is disabled. You wouldn't wear them for decorative purposes. (#4913)
  • Use the new CBA Accessory Functions for Laser mode switching. If they can do that why should we? (#4855)
  • The new Arma 3 update was all bananas about a location called "bananas". Now we use less fruity names. (#4975)
  • When adding color mapping for the map gesture function, it could sometimes happen that an error is thrown. And that ain't cool. (#4976)
  • The ATragMX gun list is now more prone to errors on ACE3 updates. It seems you found it annoying to delete your profile each time we made changes to the list. (Sorry) (#4917)
  • Medical texts in Korean are now properly translated. (Reds, go together!) (#4897)
  • Corrected the Katiba's barrel lengths. Because size matters ... at least when shooting ... bullets (#4893)

FIXED:

• You were able to lockpick an unlocked vehicle from the inside. Since that doesn't make sense we removed it. (#4985)
  • An error snuck in when Advanced Ballistics was disabled the range card refused by all means to show wind and lead values. (#4964)
  • Pilots of fast moving aircraft stopped being little sissies and won't die when taking control of them as Zeus. (#4955)
  • Weapons with integrated scopes can now be used with Advanced Ballistics again. (Still no quick scopes!) (#4945)
  • When storing a weapon in the gun bag your character will take better care of the loaded magazine and won't lose it anymore. (#4942)
  • Being unable to use the medical system on a save game after restarting Arma 3 is now a thing of the past. (#4941)
  • Fixed an issue with setVariablePublic. (#4938)
  • Sometimes when editing units in Eden an engineer would suddenly switch his profession to medic and a medic would frankly ridiculously prefer to apply WD-40 to a patient instead of Saline. (#4905)
  • Fixed an issue where multiple slideshows sub-actions would display on the same position resulting in no one being able t̳̼̠͓͚̮̝o ̩̣̗̻̣͓̲ŕ͖̯͚̤̭e͟a̼̱̩ḑ̲̲̯ ̤͇͚̰͜ͅt̸͈̰͚̮̬͕̦ḥ̭͉ͅe͍̼͇̩͖ ͇̕n̞̖a̸m҉̩̳̝ḛ̸s̵͓̩͚̭̪ͅ (#4904)
  • A small amount of codegrease has been applied to the medical code leading to performance improvements. (#4885)
  • The annoying bug of the audiovisual desync in vehicle and ammo cook off won't annoy you anymore. (#4990)
  • Like 9

Thanks for the update and thanks for the smile I got from those nice comments by the points  :icon_biggrin:

Brilliant changelog notes! Funny!!!

One of my fav's;

Sometimes when editing units in Eden an engineer would suddenly switch his profession to medic and a medic would frankly ridiculously prefer to apply WD-40 to a patient instead of Saline.

The changelogs are getting better with every update!

• Like 2

I still get damage from vehicle accidents even from small collisions when using the medical module feature checked "damage from Accidents disabled".

• Like 1

Having some problems with the weather system. After about 5-10 minutes of playing a mission the wind will go up to max rendering smoke etc. useless as it just blows in a long line along the ground.

I have the module down with ACE weather set to disabled, as this is how we have done things for months now (we like to have the weather synced but that's it). This only started after the recent updates, any idea as to why?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, -RFT- Bridge.J said:

Having some problems with the weather system. After about 5-10 minutes of playing a mission the wind will go up to max rendering smoke etc. useless as it just blows in a long line along the ground.

I have the module down with ACE weather set to disabled, as this is how we have done things for months now (we like to have the weather synced but that's it). This only started after the recent updates, any idea as to why?

We have this issue since we began to use ACE. You can set the wind manually (not auto) as a workaround.

13 hours ago, -RFT- Bridge.J said:

Yeah typically you solve this by setting the wind to manual and checking ace weather disabled. or at least thats how we handled it. However on all those missions we are now getting MAX WIND after 10 min of play. We have had to go back and essentially turn off ACE weather propagation. That seems to be the only thing that keeps the wind normalized. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAGGER [111] said:

Yeah typically you solve this by setting the wind to manual and checking ace weather disabled. or at least thats how we handled it. However on all those missions we are now getting MAX WIND after 10 min of play. We have had to go back and essentially turn off ACE weather propagation. That seems to be the only thing that keeps the wind normalized. 

Glad to see it's not just us having this issue.

Thanks for the solution, will test on our end and hopefully it works :)

Cheers

Bridge

Can someone confirm ATrgmx wind calculation bug?  At distance more than 1000m it  always say Less than necessary.

For example it say 1.25R.  But it not true. I can hit target only  with 3.25R. Always an error in about two clicks

Even when I put super acurate data in ATragMX (BP data and e t.c) there are vertical and horizontal errors about 1-3 clicks that I must manual find   .

ex  ATragMX say 10.58  but I can hit target only with 8.3.

I did the update with ACE 3, which is great. The only issue I'm having is when Ryan Zombie hits me, there is a script error of hit damage on the body. Is there a way to work with this issue or is this Ryan Zombie and Demon issue?

I have a problem using the Ace gunbag

Using the init field I have placed a CUP_srifle_AWM_des in the gunbag and a rhsusf_acc_nt4_black in hands

In the editor playing the character I can take out the sniper rifle but not return either rifle to the gunbag even placing the gunbag on the ground and openng it I still cannot place either rifle in it

Any help would be appreciated

Edit

Guys you coulda said use the interaction menu :dummy:

On 3/16/2017 at 5:04 AM, commy2 said:

It's CBA_fnc_addEventHandler and not CBA_fnc_EventHandler.

Just got around to testing with the correct wording (CBA_fnc_addEventHandler) and the result is the same as before. No hint is displayed; when I check the public variable value in the script (CaptiveFreed) it has not changed.

Any other suggestions I can try?