acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Ammo type request: Subsonic (147gr) 9mm ammo/mags.

The only reason I don't use the Sting on stealth missions is because the vanilla ammo is supersonic.  (Probably 115gr or 124gr)

I believe a 147gr load that retains a maximum subsonic velocity when fired out of an SMG-length barrel would be an excellent addition to the game.

Thanks for considering.

-Doc

• Like 2

Some weapons explicitly disable the night vision. Would try the weapon without ACE.

Just wanted to query here first, to what degree do you cater to the compatibility with other mods? Obviously you produce compatibility PBO's for several mods, and i have noticed some issues with the behavior of the cook off system with RHS assets, however i have been reluctant to post on the github, as i'm not sure if it's something for you guys to look at, or if it will be considered "RHS's problem to sort out".  

Hey guys!
I have a performance issue with ACE. On Vanilla empty map I have 140 FPS and with ACE on empty map I have 10. When I play empty map it shows that there is a bug in "Canvas.sqf" line 129. https://scr.hu/JWkNzj
When there is no tsuch notification the FPS are fine.I don't know.. Does this depends on the weather?
I tried to reinstall ACE a dozen times. One time it runs (I guess fine) and the other it slows down to 10 FPS. Any Ideas? Should I write some more info?

Edited by Toczer.

24 minutes ago, Toczer. said:

Hey guys!
I have a performance issue with ACE. On Vanilla empty map I have 140 FPS and with ACE on empty map I have 10. When I play empty map it shows that there is a bug in "Canvas.sqf" line 129. https://scr.hu/JWkNzj
When there is no tsuch notification the FPS are fine.I don't know.. Does this depends on the weather?
I tried to reinstall ACE a dozen times. One time it runs (I guess fine) and the other it slows down to 10 FPS. Any Ideas? Should I write some more info?

this is not an ace script error, but an st hud error.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I have this problem I've seen for a long time now but never got to the bottom of it. However, today I downloaded latest CBA and latest ACE, and have ONLY these two mods currently loaded.

My problem is that I get this error message:

Addon 'ace_main' requires addon 'a3data'

Steam, release branch, most current versions of CBA_A3 & ACE3. TrackIR. Nothing else.

14 hours ago, dmarkwick said:

Hi everyone. I have this problem I've seen for a long time now but never got to the bottom of it. However, today I downloaded latest CBA and latest ACE, and have ONLY these two mods currently loaded.

My problem is that I get this error message:

Steam, release branch, most current versions of CBA_A3 & ACE3. TrackIR. Nothing else.

That is one of the vanilla PBOs. What version are you running? Only stable Steam is supported.

Hi jonpas. My Arma version is 1.66.139586

Yes the a3data addon sounds like vanilla pbo, however I don't seem to have one by that name looking in the Arma3\addons folder.

*edit

Also, looking at the ace_main config.cpp, it doesn't seem to mention a3data in the requiredAddons.

.rpt file can be downloaded here:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/648464/Arma3_ace_main__a3data.zip

In this case the loaded mods are:

CBA_A3, ACE3, BaBe_midTex, ALiVE, ASR_AI, all latest versions. But the problem also manifests with only the CBA and the ACE addons. I'm just adding addons back in slowly one at a time, they were getting a little out of hand :)

>In this case the loaded mods are:

That's useless then. You said the error happens with CBA+ACE, so I need a RPT file of CBA+ACE and nothing else.

ACEX Sitting as a script...do-able?

Hello,

Is it no longer possible to use Armas standard methode of commanding your AI-buddies, i.E. not having to press ctrl, anymore?

I cant find a setting for this, nor any key bindings referencing to this. I'm sure this has been asked before but the search didn't come up with anything useful, sorry!

1 hour ago, menjoo said:

Hello,

Is it no longer possible to use Armas standard methode of commanding your AI-buddies, i.E. not having to press ctrl, anymore?

I cant find a setting for this, nor any key bindings referencing to this. I'm sure this has been asked before but the search didn't come up with anything useful, sorry!

I actually achieved it several months ago, but I scrapped all my mods & started all again from scratch, and I can't remember :(

I have a feeling it probably involved removing a pbo rather than changing any optional setting. This is how I removed the ACE3 fatigue so I could get back ArmA's fatigue (which I prefer).

2 hours ago, dmarkwick said:

I actually achieved it several months ago, but I scrapped all my mods & started all again from scratch, and I can't remember :(

I have a feeling it probably involved removing a pbo rather than changing any optional setting. This is how I removed the ACE3 fatigue so I could get back ArmA's fatigue (which I prefer).

Yeah, that's exactly what I had to do, a fresh install. It's a real pain to get all settings to what I had before :(

Hi all,

Can anybody provide guidelines / instructions on how to use the "ace_captiveStatusChanged" event listener from the captives framework? I want to be able to determine when two AI units are freed by players from handcuffs and trigger a task notification.

I have the following in the init of each captive AI unit:

["ace_captiveStatusChanged",{ _this execVM "scripts\captiveFreed.sqf" }] call CBA_fnc_EventHandler;

And the following captiveFreed.sqf script:

//Captive Freed script
//Set variables called in script

_captive = _this select 0;				//Captive Variable

_state = _this select 1;				//True or False 

_cuffed = _this select 2;				//Set Handcuffed

_valid = ["unit01","unit02"];//Array listing captive names valid for triggering eventhandler

//Code below determines if a captive has been released ("ace_captiveStatusChanged") and executes a command if it has

if (_captive in _valid) then 

{ if (_state == false) then	

{ if (_cuffed == "SetHandcuffed") then 

{ hint "Captive Freed"; CaptiveFreed = CaptiveFreed +1 };

};
			};

However, when testing (in editor, using the ace interaction menu Free Prisoner, nothing happens (no hint shows up). I've tried putting gibberish into the above script to see if the EH is even firing, but see no script errors. Anybody able to point me in the right direction?

It's CBA_fnc_addEventHandler and not CBA_fnc_EventHandler.

12 hours ago, commy2 said:

It's CBA_fnc_addEventHandler and not CBA_fnc_EventHandler.

That sound you hear is me slapping my own head repeatedly. Thanks commy.

• Like 1

I have a mission where I'm trying to enforce all ACE settings that I configured via my description.ext, located in my mission folder. The description.ext contains nothing else but the exported ACE settings as I followed instructions on via ACE's website.

I'm hosting it locally via the "Host Server" tab and the mission folder with mission.sqm and description.ext is located in My Documents - Arma 3 Other Profiles - Razzkulz - mpmissions - (mission name)

Can anyone help me figure out why it's not working?

Here's my description.ext file:

http://pastebin.com/eRSr7aRR

Am I supposed to export the mission or host it via a dedicated server before the description.ext will work? I also don't think I forgot any ;'s in the description file.

20 minutes ago, Scotty_Z said:

Did st night vision make it into the latest update?

I think so Scotty. At least it looked that way when I was testing my mission a couple of weeks ago.