acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

On 2017. 02. 26. at 4:52 PM, Devastator_cm said:

maybe because it is a game and not real life? Would you like to do 30 minutes CPR to revive someone at Arma? 

Not 30 minutes! :-D

30 push/ 1minute :-D this is a real life, but in game worked the 1-2 time CPR and pulse is back... because the new bandages effectivenes patch destroyed this function!

2 hours ago, Bamse said:

No. At the moment there is no chance of CPR giving you your pulse back, you absolutely 100% need a PAK.

The CPR function have a 40% chance of giving you a heart rate of 40 again, but the medical loop sets all heart rate under 60 to 0 again if I understand the code correctly. CPR also takes about 15 seconds to complete and gives you a random value between 0-20 seconds back on the revive timer so there's a big chance that doing CPR won't give you back the seconds it took to perform it ... altho it will slow the timer down :)

We made a small inhouse patch for 3.8.0 to change the CPR to give value a higher base heart rate (61 to be on the safe side) and got CPR to work nicely but couldn't figure out how to do a proper standalone patch with all the macroing going on in ACE3, so we left it as a test and went no further. I do suspect this will get fixed in the rewrite :)

Thank You! I'm Looking for the patch! :-D

I test the new patch when you need my help!

I translated every words in the game (not just medic! all Arma words) to Hungarian Language.

I can send you this...

Just to make it clear, I'm very much not part of the ACE3 team. This was a small inhouse patch made for the team I'm playing with ... nothing more :)

Is there a way to count how much "ACE Inventory" space is left in a vehicle, or to see what is inside of a vehicles "ACE Cargo"?

EDIT: Or, is there a way for me to set an event handler on any of these ACE 3 functions, and if so, how? I cant seem to figure out how to do it, or what a caller vs listener is.

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/cargo-framework.html

This would be pretty cool to have as an alternative to the really slow "carry" action in ACE. As a tradeoff it can have a high stamina penalty or have a chance to further injure the unconscious unit.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zafjr said:

This would be pretty cool to have as an alternative to the really slow "carry" action in ACE. As a tradeoff it can have a high stamina penalty or have a chance to further injure the unconscious unit.

As cool as that is, there is no animation in Arma to do that. If someone wants to make one it of course could be used, but we all know how Arma is with animations.

On 1. 3. 2017 at 3:04 AM, kocrachon said:

Is there a way to count how much "ACE Inventory" space is left in a vehicle, or to see what is inside of a vehicles "ACE Cargo"?

EDIT: Or, is there a way for me to set an event handler on any of these ACE 3 functions, and if so, how? I cant seem to figure out how to do it, or what a caller vs listener is.

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/cargo-framework.html

With "ACE Inventory" space I guess you basically mean Cargo? If so you should be safe (should because I don't think its marked as public API) by reading:

VEHICLE getVariable ["ace_cargo_space", 0]; // 0 being default value if not set

All of the "Listenable" events work through CBA Events.

On 25. 2. 2017 at 10:54 PM, kocrachon said:

How would I count how many body bags with bodies in them have been loaded into a vehicle / are in the vehicles cargo?

Is it possible, with the ACE cargo system, to count how many items are in cargo, or how many of a specific item is in cargo? 

You should be able to do this via the following code, mind this is not public API and may change in the future!

VEHICLE getVariable ["ace_cargo_loaded", []];

Items will be listed 1 by 1, so if there are 2 same items, there will be 2 entries.

When you have that, you can just count body bags by iterating through the array (eg. `select CODE`).

Is there also a way to load or unload things into ace cargo via scripting?
That would be really handy to know to setup some vehicles with cargo inside already

5 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is there also a way to load or unload things into ace cargo via scripting?
That would be really handy to know to setup some vehicles with cargo inside already

Yes. "Callable" events listed on https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/cargo-framework.html can be called via CBA Events as well. All 3 of them should be called via `CBA_fnc_localEvent` or `CBA_fnc_targetEvent` using the parameters that are on that page.

Thanks al ot Jonpas! Sorry that I didn't notice the page in wiki.
I will check and will try to implementing it :)

8 hours ago, jonpas said:

As cool as that is, there is no animation in Arma to do that. If someone wants to make one it of course could be used, but we all know how Arma is with animations.

With "ACE Inventory" space I guess you basically mean Cargo? If so you should be safe (should because I don't think its marked as public API) by reading:

VEHICLE getVariable ["ace_cargo_space", 0]; // 0 being default value if not set

All of the "Listenable" events work through CBA Events.

You should be able to do this via the following code, mind this is not public API and may change in the future!

VEHICLE getVariable ["ace_cargo_loaded", []];

Items will be listed 1 by 1, so if there are 2 same items, there will be 2 entries.

When you have that, you can just count body bags by iterating through the array (eg. `select CODE`).

Ah perfect! Thank you so much for the help!

Heres what I did.

recoveredbodies = EvacHelo getVariable ["ace_cargo_loaded", []]; hint format ["Its %1",count recoveredbodies];

I get a return of "Its 2" when i put two body bags in. Thank s again!

Is there an option to deactivate the overheating and the jamming of weapon via the ace.hpp  that I missed ?

I'm looking for a better solution than to remove the pbo.

1 hour ago, Yoyodef said:

Is there an option to deactivate the overheating and the jamming of weapon via the ace.hpp  that I missed ?

I'm looking for a better solution than to remove the pbo.

Setting this setting to 0 should do that (without the macro that is "ace_overheating_enabled").

2 hours ago, jonpas said:

Setting this setting to 0 should do that (without the macro that is "ace_overheating_enabled").

I'm not sure if I understand well.

I can put

class ace_overheating_enabled {
	typeName = "BOOL";
        value = 0;
};

in the ace_settings.hpp that is in the mission folder and it will deactivate the overheating and jamming effect, is that correct?

How exactly am I supposed to use the spotting scope once I place it? No action menu appears, it just sits there and I can't look through it.

55 minutes ago, commy2 said:

Action menu, "Get in gunner"

Took me like a minute of walking around it, but I found the sweet spot and the action menu finally appeared... thanks :)

• Like 1

I had the same problem with the spotter and now I know how to use it. I expected ace interaction menu is the way to use it... :/

I am having problem with settings framework.

I have the hpp under proper location and following settings but ACE medical menu is not showing up. Can someone tell me what is wrong? I am sure the hpp is used because I am not allowed to modifz ACE settings, which means it is really forcing me to use the ones in hpp I beleive

class ace_common_forceAllSettings {
    value = 1;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 1;
};

class ace_medical_menu_allow {
    value = 1;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_menu_maxRange {
    value = 3;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
};

20 hours ago, Yoyodef said:

I'm not sure if I understand well.

I can put

class ace_overheating_enabled {
	typeName = "BOOL";
        value = 0;
};

in the ace_settings.hpp that is in the mission folder and it will deactivate the overheating and jamming effect, is that correct?

Settings Framework wiki page should explain how to use it in different ways.

13 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

I am having problem with settings framework.

I have the hpp under proper location and following settings but ACE medical menu is not showing up. Can someone tell me what is wrong? I am sure the hpp is used because I am not allowed to modifz ACE settings, which means it is really forcing me to use the ones in hpp I beleive

class ace_common_forceAllSettings {
    value = 1;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 1;
};

class ace_medical_menu_allow {
    value = 1;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_menu_maxRange {
    value = 3;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
};

This will just allow it, change max range to 3m and force all settings. It's up to the client to use it then (default keybind "H" I think). As you force all settings, you might also want to force the default medical menu style to be the medical menu if you want to see the interaction. "ace_medical_menu_useMenu" (I think).

Thanks!
ace_medical_menu_useMenu  did the trick. No idea why it didn't retrieve that class when I export the settings.
If you didn't reply I would not be able to find that class..

I exported my settings with following metwhod

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings-framework.html#31-exporting-the-settings

One remark, cookoff is still too strong. Yesterday I destroyed one BTR with M-72 LAW. During cookoff it destroyed another BTR which was 10 meters away from it in parking position

Look I hate to ask, but is there a fix coming for the fastrope waypoint bug where AI helos don't drop ropes when they arrive at the waypoint? Because it's been here since fastropes were first implemented and basically prevents any SP/coop missions with fastropes.

Hi,

We are using 

class ace_nightvision_disableNVGsWithSights {
    value = 1;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 1;
};

to disallow people from using night vision with optics.

Turns out night vision also gets disabled when using CQB sights and even when aiming with a pistol.

Not sure if this is intentional or a bug? 

hey! sorry I know you guys have bugtracker but I don't want to create another account and I just have one thing that I noticed.

so to reposition the "MicoDAGR GPS" I learned that I have to go to the options / game / layout to do so. but when I open that menu I can't find the GPS layout. it's just gone. everything else is there tho. Is that a ACE3 bug?

Hello,

I'm having some issues with the night vision in ACE. I'm unable to aim down sights while using night vision and I have the module down that disables this feature in the mission editor but this is still happening. Anyone know a fix for this or if I'm doing something wrong here?