acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

On 2/16/2017 at 7:27 PM, commy2 said:

The function is specified to work with objects (OBJECT) and not classnames (STRING).

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/dragging/functions/fnc_setDraggable.sqf#L6

So I guess you'd either use a vehicleVarName from the editor, or 'this' from the init box.

Or you do it like I would:

// init.sqf
["B_Boat_Transport_01_F", "init", {
    params ["_vehicle"];

[_vehicle, true] call ace_dragging_fnc_setDraggable;
}, nil, nil, true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

I'm not entirely sure if the boats aren't too heavy to be dragged though.

Thank you for that!  I am very new to scripting, so some of the differences like that are new concepts for me.  I appreciate the code as well.

The boats are easily moveable by at least 2 people (dragging) or more (carrying) IRL.  I've gotten the script working and have found that whatever their weight is in the game, it falls within the default limits of the ACE module. 

Thanks again!

-Doc

• Like 1

I remember in ACE 2 we could toggle between a few different angular modes... 360 degrees, 6400 MIL... things like that.  I have been searching for the better part of an hour on how to switch devices like the Vector and Laser designator from degree to MIL and have come up empty.  Is this a feature?  Seems from reading that it is (at least for the Vector) but there is no indication of how.

Thanks in advance!

Hello i use ACE 3 and RHS but i dont know which ACE3 RHS COMPATIBILITY i have to download. There is a lot on play withsix ! Thx for ur help

files are 
ace_compat_rhs_afrf3
ace_compat_rhs_usf3
You can find them inside the optionals folder of ACE3
Either create a new mod folder for those optionals or put them inside the addons folder of ace3

I have 3.9.0.16 loaded but I don't see the Zeus helper modules which are mentioned in facebook post of ACE3

" And even Zeus got a little love in this update. You can find new helper modules in the Zeus interface like teleporting players, adding FRIES to a helicopter, toggle the simulation of objects and more. The modules have been cleaned up into distinct categories to make them easier to find."

Anybody able to see them when using Zeus?

44 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

I have 3.9.0.16 loaded but I don't see the Zeus helper modules which are mentioned in facebook post of ACE3

" And even Zeus got a little love in this update. You can find new helper modules in the Zeus interface like teleporting players, adding FRIES to a helicopter, toggle the simulation of objects and more. The modules have been cleaned up into distinct categories to make them easier to find."

Anybody able to see them when using Zeus?

Make sure you have Zeus set to use all activated addons and not just official ones ("Game Master" module setting).

Quick question,

How would I count how many body bags with bodies in them have been loaded into a vehicle / are in the vehicles cargo?

Hello all!  I am having a bit of difficulty unloading a patient from an RHS UH-60.  It says "no room to unload" even when I have landed in an open field with no objects (including helipad).  Any ideas?

AI takes out their sidearms way too soon. also I'd like to turn off the automatic "NV-goggle-put-in-backpack-mode" 
is that possible?

4 hours ago, commy2 said:

I mean, maybe it's a bug, but I've never heard of that and don't have any idea why that would happen. Also, We have bugtracker: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues?utf8=✓&q=sort%3Aupdated-desc  because there is no way to not have your problem buried and ignored in a forum thread.

Sorry to ask you directly, not sure if my question was missed.

Quick question,

How would I count how many body bags with bodies in them have been loaded into a vehicle / are in the vehicles cargo?

Is it possible, with the ACE cargo system, to count how many items are in cargo, or how many of a specific item is in cargo? 

5 hours ago, commy2 said:

I mean, maybe it's a bug, but I've never heard of that and don't have any idea why that would happen. Also, We have bugtracker: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues?utf8=✓&q=sort%3Aupdated-desc  because there is no way to not have your problem buried and ignored in a forum thread.

wow! seldom and sincere words in a forum like that. thank you.

I texted the guys from ASR AI but no response so far. pretty sure the NVG thing is a feature of that mod tho

Is there any way to set the self treatment setting for PAKs, transfusions and surgical kits to be a variable? Preferably as a module option. It works fine as is for multiplayer but in singleplayer you cannot use the AI to help you with the advanced medical settings, and so when designing SP missions with ACE it would be nice to have these items available as options to the player by allowing self treatment (and not relying on some other workaround like teamswitch).

So, will the 3 options for death/cardiac arrest be implemented for both Players and AI at the same time, regardless of which option you choose? 

If I choose option 3 (Cardiac Arrest plus option for anchor shot) that will apply to players and AI, without the interminably long AI unconsciousness wiggling?

It's all looking great so far, can't wait to see this come out.

Pls Help!

Revive (Advanced Medical)

• To wake up a patient the use of a PAK is required. (why?)
  • Each successful round of CPR (filled up completion bar) increases the time left in the revive state.

I don't understand why can i not revive with only CPR and epinephrin?

When i using PAK dont need to stable blood pressure, dont need morphine, epinephrin... just use the cheat (PAK) and everything is fine?

I dont understand when the wounded has blood pressure but no heart rate...what is this a zombie? No pusle = no blood pressure = DEAD!

Thats so not good!

pls. Update this issue!

Correct revive (reanimation) on real life: CPR 30/min,1 Air insufflation (new age not need), CPR/30min... 3x-4x no reaction +Epinephrin and restart CPR/30min...

My quastion is why can i not revive with CPR and Epinephrin in game?

THX! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Don79 said:

My quastion is why can i not revive with CPR and Epinephrin in game?

maybe because it is a game and not real life? Would you like to do 30 minutes CPR to revive someone at Arma? 

1 hour ago, Don79 said:

I don't understand why can i not revive with only CPR and epinephrin?

When i using PAK dont need to stable blood pressure, dont need morphine, epinephrin... just use the cheat (PAK) and everything is fine?

can you even get a pulse back ingame once it has stopped? i got AI in a training simulation back up, but never a player without a PAK

No. At the moment there is no chance of CPR giving you your pulse back, you absolutely 100% need a PAK.

The CPR function have a 40% chance of giving you a heart rate of 40 again, but the medical loop sets all heart rate under 60 to 0 again if I understand the code correctly. CPR also takes about 15 seconds to complete and gives you a random value between 0-20 seconds back on the revive timer so there's a big chance that doing CPR won't give you back the seconds it took to perform it ... altho it will slow the timer down :)

We made a small inhouse patch for 3.8.0 to change the CPR to give value a higher base heart rate (61 to be on the safe side) and got CPR to work nicely but couldn't figure out how to do a proper standalone patch with all the macroing going on in ACE3, so we left it as a test and went no further. I do suspect this will get fixed in the rewrite :)

• Like 1