acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Modules can become corrupted after updates. It's always recommended to use the ACE settings system instead.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, commy2 said:

Modules can become corrupted after updates. It's always recommended to use the ACE settings system instead.

So, just because there's an update, modules can CEASE to work?  Shouldn't they put out a little heads-up before they release an update then?

by "ACE settings system", you mean configs files, like this, right?: https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings-framework.html

So I have to mess around with that or re-build my WHOLE mission?

Removing a few modules  for things that you can set on sever side settings hardly counts as rebuilding an entire mission.

2 minutes ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

So, just because there's an update, modules can CEASE to work?

Yes, modules suck. News at 11.

Just now, 2LT FitzGerald said:

Removing a few modules  for things that you can set on sever side settings hardly counts as rebuilding an entire mission.

Not to be "that guy", but: "So I have to mess around with that OR re-build my WHOLE mission?"

Just now, commy2 said:

Yes, modules suck. News at 11.

I've never heard of, or had that happen with ANY OTHER mod...

1 minute ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

Are you really arguing with me about that being true? Why do you think it broke in your mission? Just do yourself a favor and use the settings system instead.

7 minutes ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

Not to be "that guy", but: "So I have to mess around with that OR re-build my WHOLE mission?"

Ravage and ALiVE are also module based and in lots of cases, if things act weird, the developers of both mods recommend deleting and replacing them. This is very common. Unfortunate, but par for the course.

One thing to consider is, let's say they add or remove or change a default module setting (which happens a lot). Lots of times things will go smoothly between updates but sometimes it just can't or doesn't.

On the other hand, module based addons are also relatively easy to configure (which is why they make modules in the first place, for people to cherry pick features and ease of use) so all in all even if you use the full module suite, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do delete replace the modules. Which is a fair trade for the amount of work these guys put in!

Just now, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Ravage and ALiVE are also module based and in lots of cases, if things act weird, the developers of both mods recommend deleting and replacing them. This is very common. Unfortunate, but par for the course.

One thing to consider is, let's say they add or remove or change a default module setting (which happens a lot). Lots of times things will go smoothly between updates but sometimes it just can't or doesn't.

On the other hand, module based addons are also relatively easy to configure (which is why they make modules in the first place, for people to cherry pick features and ease of use) so all in all even if you use the full module suite, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do delete replace the modules. Which is a fair trade for the amount of work these guys put in!

Alright, thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

17 minutes ago, commy2 said:

Are you really arguing with me about that being true? Why do you think it broke in your mission? Just do yourself a favor and use the settings system instead.

I don't want to argue, I'm just giving you the facts on my end.  I've been using ALiVE for 6 months and never had a problem, but when I go through 1 update with ACE, and I get a problem, its hard not to get a bad impression...

4 minutes ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

I've been using ALiVE for 6 months and never had a problem, but when I go through 1 update with ACE, and I get a problem, its hard not to get a bad impression...

Your "bad impression" is called the gambler's fallacy.

• Like 2

One thing you can do is to make a composition of all the ACE modules you use for a mission. 
After an update, you can just delete ALL the placed ACE modules, then drop down your Composition and voila!  You have all new modules placed. You may need to go through them to make sure settings are correct, but I think for the most part settings are copied into the composition.

So, on topic with the new update.
Is anyone seeing inconsistent shot placement with long range weapons after the addition of the new Scopes Module and new Advanced Ballistics fixes?

I was puttering around with it last night on a quick test map I threw together with all the normal ACE modules we use (new placement of modules, plus SCOPES).  Using an M200 and Noreen with various ammo types I was seeing very inconsistent shot placement at anything near 1000 meters.

Using the Noreen in .338, Calm winds at my location, firing at stationary AI.  I would see my rounds deviate left and right by several feet after doing my Range card calculations.  Shots would go left, then right, then left and then maybe on target.

Using Kestrel for wind, temp etc Calcs.  Scopes module set for 200 meter basic ranging.   Firing off of a shooting platform.  I should have been making consistent hits, or at least shot placement should have been falling into the same area, not a 2-4 meter dispersion area.

I'll try to get video tonight after I get home from work and document what I'm seeing, and if I am just screwing something up or if there are issues.

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

One thing you can do is to make a composition of all the ACE modules you use for a mission. 
After an update, you can just delete ALL the placed ACE modules, then drop down your Composition and voila!  You have all new modules placed. You may need to go through them to make sure settings are correct, but I think for the most part settings are copied into the composition.

I tried something kinda like that:

- Copying EVERYTHING in the mission except the ACE modules, and then pasting it into a new map, line the objects back up, and I have an exact copy, JUST LIKE if I open a new map, put down a unit, and the fatigue module...but STILL WONT WORK

Shit like this is why I hardly use ACE anymore, @The Devs, do you guys ACTUALLY expect people to use the standard stamina???

For anyone who thinks the normal stamina is fine, go into the editor, place down a unit, take off EVERYTHING, to where you're just in your underwear, and sprint.

How far can you run? more than a minute? anyone who actually even just goes jogging knows how much you can run needs some tweaking....

52 minutes ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

Shit like this is why I hardly use ACE anymore, @The Devs, do you guys ACTUALLY expect people to use the standard stamina???

Use the settings system and it will work. Nothing we can do about the modules being bad. You'll have to ask the BI devs about that.

3 hours ago, commy2 said:

interesting stuff which I didn't use before. One question, what is the benefit to use description.ext over serverconfig.hpp approach?

1 hour ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

Yes.

1 hour ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

Comments like that don't exactly help the Dev's or seem to show them any respect. If you hardly use ACE anymore there's not a lot of point moaning about it. :eh:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

take off EVERYTHING and sprint.

2 hours ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

anyone who actually even just goes jogging knows

What is it? Sprinting full speed or jogging? I don't get it. You sprint at like 18 kmph in Arma.

Anyone else having issues with the server key? We run a dedicated server and after updating, and replacing the key, we're getting kicks:

Warning Message: Files "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MODS\@ace\addons\ace_advanced_ballistics.pbo", "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MODS\@ace\addons\ace_advanced_fatigue.pbo", "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MODS\@ace\addons\ace_advanced_throwing.pbo", "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MODS\@ace\addons\ace_ai.pbo", "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MODS\@ace\addons\ace_aircraft.pbo", "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MODS\@ace\addons\ace_apl.pbo",  

... are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

16 hours ago, ski2060 said:

So, on topic with the new update.
Is anyone seeing inconsistent shot placement with long range weapons after the addition of the new Scopes Module and new Advanced Ballistics fixes?

I was puttering around with it last night on a quick test map I threw together with all the normal ACE modules we use (new placement of modules, plus SCOPES).  Using an M200 and Noreen with various ammo types I was seeing very inconsistent shot placement at anything near 1000 meters.

Using the Noreen in .338, Calm winds at my location, firing at stationary AI.  I would see my rounds deviate left and right by several feet after doing my Range card calculations.  Shots would go left, then right, then left and then maybe on target.

Using Kestrel for wind, temp etc Calcs.  Scopes module set for 200 meter basic ranging.   Firing off of a shooting platform.  I should have been making consistent hits, or at least shot placement should have been falling into the same area, not a 2-4 meter dispersion area.

I'll try to get video tonight after I get home from work and document what I'm seeing, and if I am just screwing something up or if there are issues.

Yeah, I'm having some problems with ballistics too. I am using NIArms AWM Mod for quite a while now and loved the precision of the ATragMX to calculate a shot. But with the newest update there seems to be something off. I tried to hit a target at 1150m (.300 mk248Mod1). Temp ~25C Atrag says 11.8, the rangecard says 11.3 but I actually hit it with 10.9 ... I just tried it quick with the M200, but just had to correct 0.1. I didn't test many other weapons but might have time for that tomorrow.

Edit: Ok, I took another look into it. Any reason why you changed C1 and muzzle velocity for .300 mk248Mod1? C1 was 0.31 (ace 3.8.3) now is 0.619 and muzzle velocity was 867 now is 858 giving me really bad results with the AWM. And changing those two back to the old values gives completly wrong elevation. I also tried it with the m2010 from RHS mod (using .300 mk248mod1 afaik) and also got an elevation of 12 from the ATragMX when I hit the target with 11.6

Edited by jmbo

Yeah, something is off in calculations or something.

Also, I noticed that weapon temp really affected accuracy now, at least for SWS.  

Using the Noreen (a semi-auto weapon) I would see my weapon temp increase very rapidly and accuracy degrade accordingly.  After like 3 or 4 mag strings my weapon was in the red with a suppressor on it.  I dumped the suppressor and it seemed to lose heat a little faster and not heat so much. 
As long as the heat was high accuracy was shit.

Using a bolt action SWS (T5000) I could maintain accuracy at very long ranges while the weapon heated up much less.

19 hours ago, commy2 said:

What is it? Sprinting full speed or jogging? I don't get it. You sprint at like 18 kmph in Arma.

even wearing nothing in-game, you can only sprint for about 120 seconds

I ended up salvaging the mission, I made a new map, new playable units, and the advanced fatigue module, then save my old mission as a composition, then placed it down.

If I kept the old units, they didn't work, so it was something unit-side.

2 minutes ago, EnvakeoLugaria said:

even wearing nothing in-game, you can only sprint for about 120 seconds

Why not just stop using their stamina then? ACE stamina is not my cup of tea either, so don't get me wrong. I just don't understand why you feel compelled to use it and then complain about it. Nothing is stopping you from using vanilla stamina.

Am I misunderstanding something?

• Like 1

Or better yet tweak it to your liking. The ACE stamina module has a bunch of parameters you can tweak to make it as easy as you like.

• Like 1