acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Wait, so if advanced ballistics isn't in play in these videos, why are they using the kestrel and such? if it's basic where do I enable that or learn to use Advanced ballistics.

Edited by sgt m.stonebridge
changed question

17 hours ago, sgt m.stonebridge said:

Wait, so if advanced ballistics isn't in play in these videos, why are they using the kestrel and such?

Because you can use the AtragMx and the Kestrel with the default ballistic and the wind deflection module (enabled by default), no problem with that. :)

17 hours ago, sgt m.stonebridge said:

if it's basic where do I enable that or learn to use Advanced ballistics.

Here : https://www.youtube.com/user/Serouisly

You have a complet documentation in this mod too : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639464956

A another guide : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tdwMRX22MyTUTOolD6fLlYAFnBQlHVQBjRod-SFzUmc/edit

Is there a more complete explanation of the rallypoint system, anywhere?  The Wiki is kind of weak on this.

On 14.1.2017 at 6:24 PM, lawndartleo said:

Is there a more complete explanation of the rallypoint system, anywhere?  The Wiki is kind of weak on this.

Rallypoints is a two way teleport system between two positions. Usually this is used to transport units that have died during a mission back to the front line. The rally points are portrayed by flagpoles (West, East and Independant flagpoles are available) that have a “Base” and an “Exit” version.

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/respawn-framework.html

a bit of an unlucky title / page name

In Editor Im using the ACE  options for medic and engineer (in the player attributes) and it keeps switching on me. I tried using the assign medic modules with the correct name but it doesn't work for me.

Since the topic came up: I want to try to use the rallypoint system as some sort of MHQ system. (If I understand it right, this should in general be possible) However, is there a way to use different objects than Flags?

@ Bux

I am convinced that the page you reference was not there the other day when searching.  I typed rallypoint in the search bar and got nothing.

... or a browser issue.

Never the less... Thanks!

hi, i was wounding if there is a way to disable all ace medical features for all factions except independent?

19 hours ago, Moon_chilD said:

Since the topic came up: I want to try to use the rallypoint system as some sort of MHQ system. (If I understand it right, this should in general be possible) However, is there a way to use different objects than Flags?

Yeah, that's possible. Just place the "Exit" flag somewhere and move it once your MHQ has finished deploying and move it back to the starting location once you "pack" the MHQ again.

You can't change the flags to different items. 

10 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

@ Bux

I am convinced that the page you reference was not there the other day when searching.  I typed rallypoint in the search bar and got nothing.

... or a browser issue.

Never the less... Thanks!

Nah, it's been there from the start. The whole website is in the ACE3 github repo "/docs/" folder if you want to check ;)

11 minutes ago, Gpgaming said:

hi, i was wounding if there is a way to disable all ace medical features for all factions except independent?

No, that's not possible. It's either there for everyone or for no one (if you delete the appropriate PBOs).

29 minutes ago, bux578 said:

No, that's not possible. It's either there for everyone or for no one (if you delete the appropriate PBOs).

cant you add str(side player) == 'GUER' in the function that you want done only by independent? 

>cant you add str(side player) == 'GUER' in the function that you want done only by independent? 

No.

Do you know how to make it so you can use the interaction menu to bandage, preform surgery, esc on people who are in a bed (vehicle)? if not, do you know what file is used to check if your in a vehicle?

You use the regular interaction key while inside a vehicle to treat other passengers for medical issues.  Interaction>vehicle>passengers>[name of passenger]

OK...

Am I loosing my marbles or did something change with FRIES?  The only helo I can FRIES out of right now by default is the Huron.  It is no longer working with Ghosthawks and it was previously.

Following up...

• Place an empty Ghost, get in, it has FRIES by default.
  • Place an AI controlled Ghost, get in, it has no FRIES.
  • Use Zeus to tell that same Ghost to fly from A to B and set destination as a fastrope way waypoint and I get delivered as expected with all the FRIES things happening automagically without any input by me... because I never had a fries option to begin with.
  • In editor rather than in Zeus, place an AI controlled Ghost, link it to a FRIES module and I have FRIES in game.
  • Everything works by default with the Huron, AI or not.

On 14.12.2016 at 8:10 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Question to ACE Developers
Is there a way to make vehicles explode directly incase a heavy damage occours?
At the moment I am dropping a GBU from jet on to a tank and instead of I see a crater, crew disembarks and cook off kicks in..

I love the cookoff functionality and I don't want to disable it but it looks a bit weird in situations where heavy damage is given to vehicle and instead of instant explosion it starts the cook off process... :(

Ehm for such requests should I use a different platform? Maybe I made a mistake to post here?

On 20/01/2017 at 9:39 AM, lawndartleo said:

OK...

Am I loosing my marbles or did something change with FRIES?  The only helo I can FRIES out of right now by default is the Huron.  It is no longer working with Ghosthawks and it was previously.

Following up...

• Place an empty Ghost, get in, it has FRIES by default.
  • Place an AI controlled Ghost, get in, it has no FRIES.
  • Use Zeus to tell that same Ghost to fly from A to B and set destination as a fastrope way waypoint and I get delivered as expected with all the FRIES things happening automagically without any input by me... because I never had a fries option to begin with.
  • In editor rather than in Zeus, place an AI controlled Ghost, link it to a FRIES module and I have FRIES in game.
  • Everything works by default with the Huron, AI or not.

I bellieve the fast rope waypoint for ACE has been borked for a while now, have the same issue with trying to add FRIES to get it working with no joy at all.

2 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Do we need a new set of RHS compability files as RHS got a new versioN?

I noticed a bug with the new M397 Airburst WHEN only using the RHS M203 and 320 underbarrell  the m32 6rds work fine and I load in ACE CBA and RHS i dont know if that would help with the compatibility  works fine when i disable ACE

Easy question:

Can the ACE advanced fatigue be disabled?  The wiki reads like only the stamina 'bar' can be disabled.

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/advanced-fatigue.html

I would like to do it server side, so that individual players don't need to disable it.

Thank you,

Fire

52 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Easy question:

Can the ACE advanced fatigue be disabled?  The wiki reads like only the stamina 'bar' can be disabled.

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/advanced-fatigue.html

I would like to do it server side, so that individual players don't need to disable it.

Thank you,

Fire

Place the Advanced Fatigue Module in the Editor onto the desired mission and then use the drop down menu to disable Fatigue.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Ok, cool.  Thank you, I'll try it this afternoon.

Or just delete the pbo