acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

was expecting dslexy's night vision mod tho? still working on that?

Is WIP, and patch versions don't get new features as per semver.org.

• Like 3

I just have to ask, but does the ACE "Let units fastrope" waypoint work for anyone else? It has never worked for me and still doesn't work, just curious if I'm the only one. The helicopter stops short of the waypoint and just hovers.

• Like 2

Congrats on another great release! I was wondering is there a way to completely disable cookoffs in the mission besides for individual vehicles with

VEHICLE setVariable ["ace_cookoff_enable", false, false];

I saw that a work is underway( rewrite ace3 medecine ), and since project open source-  I would like to offer some  ideas to enthusiasts.

Restrict the number of treatments on each part of a body (no more than two times).

Set a threshold of a mortal wound (If less than 20% of health -  impossible to heal).

Wounded in  leg (weak) - forced  limping  animation.

Wounded in  leg (strong) - forced prone animation.

Any serious injury - weapon falls out of hands.

Thank you for attention

• Like 2

Is it just me or does the current armaholic download go in circles? Clicking the download link take me back to the ACE armaholic download page.

Ended up getting mine from here.

Are you right clicking on the main page link and asking to open the next page in another tab?  That screws things up for me.  if I just keep following the trail in one tab I have no issues.

Nope, clicking on the links and staying within the same tab. No biggie, I have the download from ACEs site :)

I just have to ask, but does the ACE "Let units fastrope" waypoint work for anyone else? It has never worked for me and still doesn't work, just curious if I'm the only one. The helicopter stops short of the waypoint and just hovers.

nope dont work

Is it just me or does the current armaholic download go in circles? Clicking the download link take me back to the ACE armaholic download page.

Ended up getting mine from here.

I've found that sometimes when downloading a mod from Armaholic, clicking the download link basically results in the page refreshing, but clicking it a second time after that starts the download.

Playing around with the latest ACE3 and the Captives features, which are awesome.

Heres my problem: I want to be the opfor unit that when the players yell "Freeze! hands up!" I can put my hands up, and be captured.

How do I put my hands up and surrender though? Please help!

Help! How do I surrender as a player? Like put my hands up and give up?
I am playing opfor and I want to surrender to my friends if they capture me, so they can use the (excellent) capture feature. Please help!

There is a module / setting that must be used to enable the surrendering feature. AI won't shoot you when surrendered, so it's disabled by default, as it would break missions.

QUESTION

When researching how people build mission I often unpack them and look through everything, learning through tearing it apart kinda.

I've noticed some mission makers do not utilize the in editor ACE 3 modules but instead set ACE features, parameters, settings, ect by calling them in a .hpp file type.

Why is this?  Are there any benefits to either method?  Mission performance? easy cut and paste for mission templates?  

QUESTION

When researching how people build mission I often unpack them and look through everything, learning through tearing it apart kinda.

I've noticed some mission makers do not utilize the in editor ACE 3 modules but instead set ACE features, parameters, settings, ect by calling them in a .hpp file type.

Why is this?  Are there any benefits to either method?  Mission performance? easy cut and paste for mission templates?  

- Every module is a game object. The more of them, the worse performance gets, even though the effect of one alone is probably not measureable.

- Every module runs a small script at mission start. More code to execute = slower mission start.

- Modules can become outdated when their parameters are changed in an update, which can lead to script errors and you having to delete and replace the module.

- Modules are a PITA to handle, because you have to use the slow editor to change them. A .hpp file can be edited with text editors.

- Many settings don't have a module.

• Like 1

Interesting. Do you have any mission examples I can take a look at? Running it from a .hpp might be a better alternative for our Public Server missions. It can be a pain to constantly update each module across each mission after each update. This .hpp approach might be a massive time saver.

• Like 1

Interesting. Do you have any mission examples I can take a look at? Running it from a .hpp might be a better alternative for our Public Server missions. It can be a pain to constantly update each module across each mission after each update. This .hpp approach might be a massive time saver.

I think it's the purpose of the settings framework :

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings-framework.html

In my opinion serverconfig is even a better solution, much easier to manage than having to edit each mission.

• Like 1

An unlisted bonus of not using modules:

No dependency is created, the mission won't error when played without ace installed. I tend to make my mission work both with/without ace this way.

• Like 3

Despite a search of this thread and Google, I was wondering if someone might answer a question for me please. Can an AI in a MP game be dragged or preferably carried by a player(s) if the AI is wounded? Was hoping to perform a medevac mission involving wounded AI that are carried to a waiting Chinook, loaded and flown out.

Ignore me, it was right in front of my eyes! :P It only seems to work if the AI is actually damaged which makes sense, but would prefer to have the AI lying on their back rather than being able to walk around.

Is anyone aware of a mission with ACE cargo functions enabled? I'm dumber than a bag of hammers when it comes to reading wiki pages and I am just not getting the implementation. Thanks in advance.

Despite a search of this thread and Google, I was wondering if someone might answer a question for me please. Can an AI in a MP game be dragged or preferably carried by a player(s) if the AI is wounded? Was hoping to perform a medevac mission involving wounded AI that are carried to a waiting Chinook, loaded and flown out.

Ignore me, it was right in front of my eyes! :P It only seems to work if the AI is actually damaged which makes sense, but would prefer to have the AI lying on their back rather than being able to walk around.

I think the AI has to be unconscious for it to use drag and carry actions. There's a setting which defines can the AI go to unconscious mode or not. Default setting is 50/50.

• Like 1

Question regarding Adv. Ballistics and ACE3 Scopes:

We're looking at enabling advanced ballistics and implementing that on a sniper team in a mission. We tried it and it works great.

We do however also have integrated marksmen in the squads (think along the lines of an SPR/Mk12 and it like the bigger sniper rifles are using high powered optics) and do not want Adv. Ballistics or the scope adjustments to apply to them. Think of it like a stepping stone of difficulty of sorts. Is this possible?

Is there some variable I can apply to a unit or mission variable I can set to disable scopes and/or adv. ballistics to certain units and/or scopes?

• Like 1