acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I'm working on an existing vehicle mod with permission and the wheels don't work with the ACE system. What do I need to do to be able to enable the ability to repair the wheels?

Good day ACE team.

So we are having a "bloody" problem. It seems that when someone has bled out in basic medical with instant death disabled. It takes a HUGE amount of blood to revive him. About 7 liters.

What script can I add to the player init to automatically replenish it to say 50% or so?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Twak

• Like 3

Vector is not working, I cannot see red circle inside it.

I put UI & Grenade module on map. 

On the next ACE3 update, could you add some kind of reinitialization? I find it annoying to play single player when ACE quits working after you reload the mission. I've seen other mods starting to do the same thing, so it should be fairly easy since you guys are experienced programmers. Even if I'm not playing single player, still some kind of reinitialization for ACE3 every time the mission loads would be nice.

• Like 1

ACE should work after loading a save game without the need for "reinitialization". What exactly is not working? Are you trying with only CBA and ACE?

Vector is not working, I cannot see red circle inside it.

I put UI & Grenade module on map. 

Vector works for us, and we normally place quite a shitton of modules like medicstuff, UI, pointing etc etc. Even if we don't place a single module it works (all tested on dedi). Combining it with the MicroDAGR works fine too.

Standard bindings are R for range and T for azimuth I believe.

Heya, I have a small question regarding the group management.

is it possible to recruit other other soldiers, or, if it is the teamleader, make his group join my group?

I thought I have seen it once long time ago?

Hello Everyone.

I've searched high and low online including ACE3's Github, YouTube and this forum and I haven't found what I'm looking for and hoping someone here can provide an answer or point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a technical description of how CPR works in ACE3.  I know it adds a certain amount of time to the bleedout timer when fully applied and that once started you have to continually apply CPR to a patient until they are brought back to consciousness or they will eventually die as if you never started CPR.  What I'm looking for is some kind of documentation about how the CPR function is supposed to work in ACE3 or more specifically what parameters it changes when applied to a patient.  

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Documentation, no. The function is located here tho: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_treatmentAdvanced_CPRLocal.sqf

Correct me if I'm wrong (it's like 2 am here ;P) but it looks like it basically pushes the timestamp set when the revive timer started 0-20 seconds each time you run CPR, effectively prolonging the possible revive time. There's also a check if advanced medical system is in use, and if it is there's random chance that it will make a patient who is in cardiac arrest become fairly stable as in treatable without the need for a PAK.

Documentation, no. The function is located here tho: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_treatmentAdvanced_CPRLocal.sqf

Correct me if I'm wrong (it's like 2 am here ;P) but it looks like it basically pushes the timestamp set when the revive timer started 0-20 seconds each time you run CPR, effectively prolonging the possible revive time. There's also a check if advanced medical system is in use, and if it is there's random chance that it will make a patient who is in cardiac arrest become fairly stable as in treatable without the need for a PAK.

If anyone can put the linked .sqf into plain language I'd really appreciate it. From my newb eyes looking at the code it does appear that when you perform the CPR function, it can add a random amount of time up to 20 seconds to CBA_missionTime whatever that is.  If applying CPR is truly a random amount of time from 0 to 20 seconds of extended revive timer that would explain some issues the medics in my unit have been experiencing.  

CBA_missionTime is the same as time, but synched when joing a MP game and resumed when loading a savegame. It's also based on the machine clock and not on FPS / game speed, so it stays synched for hours on all machines.

It's just a less shitty, MP and JIP compatible version of the vanilla "time" command.

Thanks for the clarification commy2!

I've never dug in to get to know how it works, we've just used as a more role play kinda thing not really knowing what it actually does. Now we know and will use it even more :)

After testing multiple time with multiple ppl over a substantial period of time on our dedicated server, with advanced turned on and constantly doing CPR, there's no way of not running out of a revive timer set to 100-600 seconds. You will always end up dead no matter how much CPR you give. My guess would be that doing CPR takes what, 10-15 seconds and you will only be given back something back something between 0 and 20 seconds ... its probable that you actually won't add any time.

Secondly, even when the timer was set to 600 seconds, none of the many many MANY attempts gave us any heart rate back even if there's a theoretical 40% chance on getting back a heartrate of 40 (right?)

Could the usability of CPR get confirmed by anyone? Has anyone successfully got someone back from the brink of death by using CPR or actually prolonging the revive timer?

Could the usability of CPR get confirmed by anyone? Has anyone successfully got someone back from the brink of death by using CPR or actually prolonging the revive timer?

And this is the 10 million dollar question.  As was pointed out if it takes 15 seconds to complete and you get a maximum of 20 seconds added, it's not even worth doing in most situations in my opinion.  CPR will never revive someone back to consciousness by itself.  Morphine/Epi (basic medical) is the only way to "wake someone up" as far as I know.  As far as adding to the timer, there is no what that I can think of to verify this meaning there is no way to display what someone's revive timer actually is at a given time.  

I guess the key is to get the patient bandaged and wake them up as quickly as possible rather than relying on CPR as a sure fire way of keeping someone alive in an unconscious state.

I  think someone with surgical kit come over you need to keep doing CPR to keep the injured alive. Bandage or morphine/epi will not help you if you play advanced medical

Devestator_cm: Only a PAK will get you back on your feet. Surgical kit is only for permanently closing wounds when you have advanced wounds enabled on top of advanced medical .... which a PAK will do also since it heals you fully in every way. How/when the different kits will be used is more dependent on other sub-settings and what equipment is being handed out in the mission.

SGT M. Brewer: Agreed and adding to what you're saying CPR is only useful when using advanced medical when it comes to getting someone treatable without the use of a PAK. In the link I posted above there's a check on line 26 for ace_medical_level. If it's greater than 1 (medical disabled = 0, basic = 1, advanced = 2) it continues according to plan, otherwise skips to line 32. For basic medical, this means that using CPR will have NO chance of doing anything else than prolong the revive timer, guaranteed, 100% etc etc.

If you are using advanced medical and all conditions are met, one should get a heart rate of 40 and a weak but workable blood pressure (however after over 100 attempts tried (on muplitple patients) this has never happened for us. We might be a very unlucky bunch! :D).

I'm not sure on how it's all connected so I'm speculating a bit this last bit here, but what looks a bit strange to my inexperienced eyes is looking at https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_reviveStateLoop.sqfat line 49-53. It looks like all heart rate will be set to 0 (and if the variable doesn't exist, return value is set to 60 ... which in its turn is greater than zero, so it is set back to 0 on line 51) unless it exits the loop either due to revive or the timer running out. So getting back to 40 from a CPR-attempt will be reset back to 0 and ergo won't do anything ... or am I way off base here? :)

Good day all.

So I have been digging in the functions of ACE to resolve this "bloody" issue we are having.

As stated before, for some reason the amount of blood needed to restore someones blood to "revivable" status is HUGE.

Would it be as easy as to do the following to replenish blood to 50%:

mySoldier addEventHandler ["EachFrame",
 {private _bloodVolume = _this getVariable [QGVAR(bloodVolume), 100];
  if (_bloodVolume >= 50) exitWith {};
  _this setVariable [QGVAR(bloodVolume), 50, true];
}];

I am by no means a good scripter so I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Devestator_cm: Only a PAK will get you back on your feet. Surgical kit is only for permanently closing wounds when you have advanced wounds enabled on top of advanced medical .... which a PAK will do also since it heals you fully in every way. How/when the different kits will be used is more dependent on other sub-settings and what equipment is being handed out in the mission.

SGT M. Brewer: Agreed and adding to what you're saying CPR is only useful when using advanced medical when it comes to getting someone treatable without the use of a PAK. In the link I posted above there's a check on line 26 for ace_medical_level. If it's greater than 1 (medical disabled = 0, basic = 1, advanced = 2) it continues according to plan, otherwise skips to line 32. For basic medical, this means that using CPR will have NO chance of doing anything else than prolong the revive timer, guaranteed, 100% etc etc.

If you are using advanced medical and all conditions are met, one should get a heart rate of 40 and a weak but workable blood pressure (however after over 100 attempts tried (on muplitple patients) this has never happened for us. We might be a very unlucky bunch! :D).

I'm not sure on how it's all connected so I'm speculating a bit this last bit here, but what looks a bit strange to my inexperienced eyes is looking at https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_reviveStateLoop.sqfat line 49-53. It looks like all heart rate will be set to 0 (and if the variable doesn't exist, return value is set to 60 ... which in its turn is greater than zero, so it is set back to 0 on line 51) unless it exits the loop either due to revive or the timer running out. So getting back to 40 from a CPR-attempt will be reset back to 0 and ergo won't do anything ... or am I way off base here? :)

That was early morning before coffee :) Yes PAK is the one which I wanted to say

• Like 1

I was wondering because I didn't see it noted in the change-logs anywhere but is it normal to be able to change barrels on all (or at least all of the ones I've tested) weapons? I'll admit it makes things easier when you're using MGs that haven't been configured to have this feature with ACE, but it does leave potential for it to be misused "Oh no, my AK's barrel is over heating, just give me a second while I twist it off and throw on another one..."

It would be cool to use hotkey for the bomb detonators

for ex

Detonate code "1" = NUM1 key

• Like 2

just a quick question i found since the last update.

has something chaged or is there a problem with adding ace interaction actions to objects that don't have an interaction menu?

i used to do it with addmainaction, create action and addactiontoobject but now it does not work anymore.

looked it up in github and it seems to me that should actually work...

Why NLAW in ACE3 don`t have predicted line of sight like in real life?