acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Ive been having issues with ACE and RHS as well..I read on the ACE site you need to put the 2 pbo files and the 2 bisign files into the "addons" folder INSIDE the ACE folder. Supposed to copy them from the "optionals" folder inside the ACE folder and also merge the userconfig f9older with the useconfig folder in the main arma directory.

hmm I copied those additional pbos to a new folder (ofcourse with sub addons folder in it) and include that mod as well.

I didnt copy the userconfig though.

Do I need to copy that file at dedicated server as well?

hmm I copied those additional pbos to a new folder (ofcourse with sub addons folder in it) and include that mod as well.

I didnt copy the userconfig though.

Do I need to copy that file at dedicated server as well?

Those two files are suppose to go inside the @ace3/addons folder...not a whole new mod.

Those two files are suppose to go inside the @ace3/addons folder...not a whole new mod.

They don't. You can put them in any modfolder that suits you. Just make sure they are in a folder called something like %foldername%\addons\xyz.pbo - and don't forget to have them added to your launch parameters.

They don't. You can put them in any modfolder that suits you. Just make sure they are in a folder called something like %foldername%\addons\xyz.pbo - and don't forget to have them added to your launch parameters.

thats exactly what I did but not works.

ACE menu is not opening and I see above error messages...

• Like 1

Given that you actually put the compatibility pbos inside @ace_rhs\addons and not just in @ace_rhs\ you seem to have a completely different problem alltogether.

16:09:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_common_fnc_executepersistent

and

16:09:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_interact_menu_fnc_compilemenu

hint at you not having loaded ace_common.pbo and ace_interact_menu.pbo.

I suppose you're either not using the full ace installation (which is ok, as long as you don't delete ace pbos that are in any way dependent on the ones you're using) or at least are missing ace_common.pbo (which is, as it's name says 'common' and necessary for all) and ace_interact_menu.pbo (which might be why you don't see any interaction menus).

Reinstall ace completely, so you're not missing any pbos and try again. If the same errors pop up, make sure that ace is actually used by the game.

I just had an issue with the RHS compatibility mods too. I had subscribed to them, and then found a DL link. I joined a server that was running the mod but was kicked because I had a spare mod: RHS compatibility mod for both AFRF and USAF. I clicked them off my launcher list and had the the same issue. Turns out that somehow when I subscribe to it then it has some sort of "ghost protocol" (always wanted to use that, teehee!), and even though that mod was unselected it was causing the issue while trying to join server. The mod also did not show up on my mods list on the main screen when not selected as a mod, and still got the same error while trying to join server. All of these attempts ended up with me getting kicked.. I ended up unsubscribing to it, deleting out of my hidden "!Workshop" folder, and after that I was getting the normal "missing files....etc" error for not having the compatibility mod. 

Anyone else know of anything like this?

~S

•Inside your Arma 3/@ace/ folder, you’ll find the optionals and addons folders.

•Copy and paste the relevant .pbo and .bisign files from the optionals folder into the addons folder.

•Copy and paste the userconfig folder from the optionals folder into root Arma 3 folder

Okay I've been trying to add the Repair functions if your mod to my helos. I checked the GitHub as well as the addon itself, and can't figure out what I need to put in my helo configs to get them to use the repair functions when players use ACE3. Anything you can specifically point me to or what I can use?

Alright guys, fantastic mod i'm having fun with this one for sure. Having a little problem with the "exit" rallypoint though. I have no idea how i can give it to a Team Leader for example so it can be deployed when getting to an AO etc. From the wiki i see the classnames are mentioned so i'm thinking it's something to do with those but i'm abit clueless with all that sort of thing. I'd really appreciate some help with this if anyone can. Or point me in the direction of a how to or tutorial. Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind i've figured it out. It seems it's as simple as just putting the "exit" flag on the map and moving it as and when you want. Haven't tried it in multiplayer with friends yet but i hope it's as simple as that lol.

Hello, as I was playing some specop mission we came to conclusion that EMP granades would be something awesome to have, though I realize that may not be possible to achieve. Just a suggestion to ponder about. :)

How to know which optional pbo is for which mod? :/
I just know the ones required for rhs but wondering what are those other ones there

:banghead:

Can't say that's not an appropriate reaction. :P

Daymn, sorry ^^

took me 3 seconds of googling so your point is still valid  :D

• Like 2

Ace3 slideshow module is not working in MP mode?
I can see the photos in mission preview but after loading it to dedicated server they are not working..

While on the topic of ballistics, when using the ATragMX and inputing data, wind and inclination angle have two fields for input. Wind has fields marked 1 and 2, and inclination angle has fields marked C and D. Could someone explain to me what the different fields mean?

Cheers!

• Like 1

Ace3 slideshow module is not working in MP mode?

I can see the photos in mission preview but after loading it to dedicated server they are not working..

As written in the documentation:

Mission MUST be in a PBO format (not bare folder) when used on a dedicated server with slideshow images inside a mission due to an issue to prevent errors.

While on the topic of ballistics, when using the ATragMX and inputing data, wind and inclination angle have two fields for input. Wind has fields marked 1 and 2, and inclination angle has fields marked C and D. Could someone explain to me what the different fields mean?

Cheers!

Official Horus AtragMx manuel, page 32 and 33 :

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/extras/manual_Horus_ATrag-v385.pdf

Degrees in-game with the protractor, a laser designator or the Vector. :)