acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

The "Disable ear ringing" option does just that, eg. for those that can't stand high pitch noises. There is a seperate option to disable entire Hearing module which you might be looking for.

• Like 2

SOmething strange. No destructions and damage from 230 mm arty when use   fire support module 230mm

Thanks for the update, gents! 
One question - what's the command to check ACE wind direction? I mean real direction like 246 deg, not headwind nor crosswind.

SOmething strange. No destructions and damage from 230 mm arty when use   fire support module 230mm

I noticed this too, and i think it was happening even without ace on, just in vanilla arma. Same with the rocket fire support.

I noticed this too, and i think it was happening even without ace on, just in vanilla arma. Same with the rocket fire support.

Yes / vanilla too

Is anyone else having an issue where they can't use ACE Interact, Ace Self Interact or even get the ACE Options? My unit has had this happen for the past 2 days and can't seem to get it working. We are on the latest update of ACE, we even tried down grading to lower versions, yet no one on our server can use ACE Interact, Self Interact or even change our ACE options as their is literally just a black box with no option in it. In past versions of ace we had 0 problems. This problem started happening a few days before APEX released. We have the correct modules placed down, we have a strict set of modules that we place down every mission we do with no changes unless the ACE Dev team releases modules that we use. So I don't know what happened.

When the information appears on your website for the modules that you added? In your Wiki lists only 50% of the modules which is the latest version and configure. how should I in this case to use ACE3 for its community if you do not know what pbo is responsible for what, to setup your mod for my few thousand players?

I am, again, asking for help here - could you tell me please what command will check ACE Wind direction?

Also, couldn't find specific information about ACE_cargo_space/size. Does it refer to the space a cargo can occupy or its weight? How to measure it in order to properly configure third party addon? The only clue I've found is that UH60 has 8 ACE "spaces" which allow it to be loaded with 16 cargo crates. Is that correct?

ACE_cargo_space/size is a "made up" number just to roughly tell how much you can fit. Most items like cargo crates, tires, etc. have "ACE size" of 1 and above afaik.

I tackled it a bit when dealing with our vehicles, so we can discuss it on TS next time.

ACE_cargo_space/size is a "made up" number just to roughly tell how much you can fit. Most items like cargo crates, tires, etc. have "ACE size" of 1 and above afaik.

I tackled it a bit when dealing with our vehicles, so we can discuss it on TS next time.

Great, thanks for the reply! We'll be in touch then :)

Still need to know how to check ACE wind direction. O gosh... it couldn't be harder to find the correct answer! I find only this one below, however it tells me everything but the direction! :)

ACEwind = (ACE_wind select 0) atan2 (ACE_wind select 1); 

How could this above be converted into 0-360 degree format?

Doesn't atan2 report -180 ... 180 ?

If so then:

if (_ACEwind < 0) then { _ACEwind = _ACEwind + 360; };

Edit:

Also:

call ACE_common_fnc_getWindDirection

• Like 1

Is there any way or any plans to have the mk6 mortar fire when the ammo guy hangs/drops the round?

Good Day Dear Community,

I've been having a hard time making the AI use the Fast Rope from helicopters.
     In the Editor (std. map editor in conjunction with the 3DEN) I got as far as to:
- placing the ACE interaction, and the ACE fast rope modules;
- placing down a Ghost Hawk, and giving it the Fast Rope capability in the context menu.
- using Let FastRope, Drop Load, GetOut waypoints
- I used an invisible Helipad as a designated area where the Heli will drop the fast rope and the AI soldiers will slide down from it.
- I found some scripts on youtube, but propably for the older version 'cause they just give me a crap-load of errors when starting the scenario, or trying to compile the scripts
- I also learned that I am somewhat supposed to synchronize the Heli and the Modules: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/synchronizeObjectsAdd| Unfortunatelly I've been unable to get this to work despite the research.
So as you can see I've put 2 good hours of work into this, yet to no avail.

And since my C++ programming ended at creating a simple Atmeg 16 based House Air Conditioning and Heating auto-controller, I would like to ask the community, or any man capable, to prepare a tutorial for scenario creators in a way that beginners (like me, people who aren't very good at scripting themselves) can also use it. If find the youtube videos best for this kind of endeavour. And if you could, please don't forget to write down the scripts somewhere for the tutorial's users to copy&paste.

This is what I want to do:
1. Get four guys into a GhostHawk helicopter (that I can do)
2. Make the GhostHawk fly off
3. Make the GhostHawk hover over a designated place (my target is to make the guys drop on top of a rooftop)
4. Make the guys use the FastRope
5. Helicopter will then fly away, and the dudes will continue down the building
6. (?).
7. Profit

And I also encountered a funny problem: when a group of soldiers - let's say 4 AI - is on top of a building and they're ordered to leave it, only one uses the ladder, and the rest instead of waiting their turn jump down from the rooftop to their deaths. I haven't found a working solution for this problem yet.

Any help on the above subjects will be greatly appreciated.

Only the Best Regards,
Tadeusz

When i try to use the fastrope waypoint, I start fastroping and 5m off the ground i just fall down and die, or the helicopter flies too high and the rope doesn't reach the ground.

When i try to use the fastrope waypoint, I start fastroping and 5m off the ground i just fall down and die, or the helicopter flies too high and the rope doesn't reach the ground.

The default flying altitude is 100 meters.

When you give a waypoint for the helicopter, or on the waypoint where you want to fast rope - you will need to use this:

1. Open a Waypoint's contextual menu, there you have the "On Activation" box (or something like that - I don't remember I don't have Arma launched right now - hope you get the idea.)

2. Paste the following code: This flyInHeight altitude #

Whence # is a number of your choice. Value used is represented in metres.

Aircraft like jets etc. have a minimum altitude of 20 metres.

Remember that the Helicopters will not avoid obstacles when forced to a low altitude.

2. Paste the following code: This flyInHeight altitude #

The correct syntax is: this flyInHeight 10; although it works for altitudes 10m AGL and below, it never worked for me for any altitudes higher than that.

The fastrope waypoint is a scripted waypoint where the helicopter should do all that. the problem is that even if it has the right height, I fall from the rope and die.

Doesn't atan2 report -180 ... 180 ?

Yes, it does indeed, it doesn't worked for me tho.

call ACE_common_fnc_getWindDirection

This reports a general direction like NNW, N etc.

if (_ACEwind < 0) then { _ACEwind = _ACEwind + 360; };

This is specifically what I was looking for and although it required to rewrite our script a little, is working like a charm! Thanks a lot mate! :)

To PW6 team or ace both.

On Play With 6 (PW6), why the fuck we need @aaw_ace as dependency. 

Please fix the issue..

2663693.jpg

• Like 1

Greetings, this was a technical mistake, somehow our staging server was changing the production page. Resolved

• Like 1

Greetings, this was a technical mistake, somehow our staging server was changing the production page. Resolved

Thanks a lot Sir..

Is it possible to enhance the ACE cargo feature with the new bohemia ViV to something more visual? Would be nice to load boxes on a truck and actually see them.

Now very few mines. One can expect that the ACE 3 is so much mine as it was in ACE2?

2f241810d839.jpg